It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Hello There, Why is there no "Create Avatar" button/tab. If there is one please let me know. As a new member, I have looked around on my own as to the process.
From what I can discern, I need to upload to my pictures(which I have done), but then
I need to go to ATS media log into that(which tells me my upload pix wont be used on discussion boards), so I have to go back to my profile, which I did, and I don't see a
"Create as Avatar" button for my 1 photo album picture. So I go to the instructional
video which is MAC format tutorial. Which basically says I have to copy and paste this
and that and so on. I have used Ebay for many years, and you can upload your Item
"View" auction photo easily. Call me a moron, fine, but this important aspect of membership should be much more user friendly. I haven't even considered the "Deluxe" features available in the ATS Store. Which I would love to spend my points on,
but I don't even want to consider that cluster at this point.

Please tell me there is an Upload Picture as Avatar button.Or simple method that I am just "Mr.Magoo"overlooking, Otherwise, I won't even
bother. I will continue to comment and create threads though, When I can.

Regards, Wildmanimal

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:00 AM
link   
In your "MY Pictures" folder, click on the picture you want. Underneath it you should then see 3 links--one is about setting it as your avatar.
Copy it and paste.

[edit on 4/7/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
here's a great thread from CHAOS that should help-
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
i have this same issue. i once had an avatar, and i was so proud of myself for figuring it out .
, but it was too big and i was asked to change it .. i wish it was more user friendly like ebay as you mentioned...
and thanks to everyone one else who suggested links to make it easier.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Thanks for your suggestions, I will check it out.
Appreciate it, add as friend.
Thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Signals

Thanks for your reply and advice, I will check it out.
Still, It seems like it should be easier for members to create an Avatar
than the current process allows.

Thankfully,,Wildmanimal

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Wildmanimal

enjoy:

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

O.K. copy and Paste to what? I can right click and copy as good as any fool,
but then which page do I go to and EXACTLY paste it to?

Next? Thanks

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

Thanks for the youtube link, I will view this as well. You members are certainly
helpful, maybe I should address you all with my concerns in the future,
and leave the ATS STAFF alone.

Thanks Again,,Wildmanimal

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

That was amusing and really cool and no doubt fun. But What I am really trying
to get across, is the fact that it would be Extremely helpful to new members
if there was a simple "Create as Avatar" or "Send Photo as Avatar" tab on this website. Then maybe you could have "Modify Avatar" tabs to add on all the
Deluxe features when members are ready to adventure into that.

I mean really, if it was this difficult to do for a new member on 'Facebook',
there wouldn't be a Facebook. You have to take into consideration the factor
of the "Greatest Common Denominator." As unsavory as that may be, it
creates a level playing field for all.
Regards, Wildmanimal

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   

You've got the image you want in your media folder? Good.

Click on the image. It'll open up a page and beneath the image will be 3 choices...one of them is 'set as avatar.' Highlight that code and copy it. Cool.

Now look up. See 'member tools?' Click on it and then click ATS Account Settings.'

Scroll down the account settings page. Near the bottom, under time/date, is a hard to notice little box...'Avatar URL.'

Paste your code into that box and hit the 'submit' button underneath it.

To check how your avatar works, go to one of your posts and see. It might need resizing or you just want something different or better?

Feel free to u2u for any basic help. There are genius avatar masters on ATS...I'm not one of 'em.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:00 AM
link   

Go to member tools, then media portal account, then under my account click on edit profile/account settings. Scroll all the way down to media portal profile avatar, then click on browse it will open your computer files. Double click on whatever file that has the picture that you want to use, click on the picture, then click on open at the bottom of the page. It will embed the info into the little box next to the browse button, then hit the green bar at the bottom of page that says update information. As long as your picture is the right size it should take.

Hope that helps.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Thank You Kindly, I'll give it a go, and Don't underestimate your skills.

With Respects, Wildmanimal

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:09 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

It sais I need an account to upload photos. And then when I try and register I get Signups Disabled message!!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:28 AM
link   
Perhaps this will help those who have problems creating an avatar, it is a video tutorial which shows you the prosess step by step:

media.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:09 PM
link   
reply to post by meteoritics

If it's saying sing ups disabled there could be a problem with the media portal right now, check again later, or contact one of the Mods or administration.

Are you sure you don't already have an account there, did you try logging in with the same username and password that you use on ATS ?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by meteoritics
reply to post by chise61

It sais I need an account to upload photos. And then when I try and register I get Signups Disabled message!!

To sign in to the ATS Media Portal just use your ATS username and original password (or the latest one that they sent you if you've forgotten your original password and requested a new one).

Even if you've changed your password on ATS to something easier to remember than the random alphanumerical string they assigned, you need that random string to sign into ATS Media Portal -- the password doesn't automatically change there when you change it here.

If you don't have your original password the thing to do is to sign out of ATS and then use the "forgot password" link to have them email you a new password to the email account you have on file here (before doing this make sure you still have access to that email account!). Then use the new auto-generated password to sign in to both ATS and ATS Media.

Once you've done that I think you can change your password again on both sites, just remember to do it separately.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:43 AM
link   
reply to post by chise61

Thank you kindly. This has been driving me nuts! Yes I did have an account, and no it didn’t want the original password, it took my updated one. Then I had to open Paint, grab a file from my pictures, crop it down smaller, and upload to ATS pictures folder. Then clicked on the photo to get the URL, and copy and paste it in to Avatar box.

Pain in the rear, just for an Avatar…….

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:48 AM
link   
reply to post by americandingbat

And Thank you very much as well....I am grateful

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by meteoritics

You're welcome. It was a pain to get mine up too, thankfully it only has to be done once.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join