It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by CT_Flyboy
reply to post by DOADOA

In NO WAY do I think I'm special, I simply did the job asked of me (aircraft mechanic). The people I want to thank are the ones on the lines day and night serving in hostile environments. I DO NOT support the Iraq war but I DO support the soldiers, sailors, and airmen serving there. As members of the military we don't get to choose where we are asked to serve. Sometimes there IS someone with a bit more information and a better view of the BIG PICTURE that we need to trust.

If you choose to join the military you deserve no sympathy. Corporate mercenaries are not patriots to our republican form of government.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
Hey I don't pay freedom tax for nothing.

Oh wait sorry, not what your getting at.
Why are we still fighting Bush's war???

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Chukkles]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by CT_Flyboy
reply to post by DOADOA

I DO NOT support the Iraq war but I DO support the soldiers, sailors, and airmen serving there.

That I can understand, appreciate, and

As members of the military we don't get to choose where we are asked to serve. Sometimes there IS someone with a bit more information and a better view of the BIG PICTURE that we need to trust.

It's hard to trust that a small group of people have everyone's best interests in mind when we're not getting a straight story. War, in any degree, isn't something to be taken lightly -- and it's very difficult for me to blindly follow the orders of people who won't give me all the facts of the situation.

But, that's just me.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I'll agree with the sentiment of thanking our soldiers, in both past wars, and present.

As for those who disagree with the wars we're involved in...(and I am one of those), we DO have the power to change it...with our votes....but sadly, I'll wager every one of you voted for one of the same two choices, guaranteeing the same state of affairs, rather than voting for those who REALLY wanted change, vs. just using it as a slogan.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Freedom isn't free but you can't buy it with blood.

My heart goes out to the ones affected by these immoral, evil wars...regardless of who they are.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join