It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

FREEDOM ISN'T FREE

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
I just wanted to take a few moments to thank those who have served and continue to serve to help make and keep America free.

I'm sure there will be a few morons who will respond and call those of us who have served and continue to serve vicious names.

Most of those that would say such things have never given of themselves for a greater cause and are much the worse for it.

The very fact that you can make a statement such as that without the gestapo showing up at your door proves our worth.

Always remember: THE PRICE OF FREEDOM IS NOT FREE

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
You're right, training hundreds of thousands of our people to follow the orders of corrupt officials without question, and how to blow stuff to pieces indiscriminately, is directly related to our Right to be free human beings... thousands of miles away...
That's exactly what the bill of rights was for, right?

Pissing countries off and forcing them into battle is the definition of freedom for all back home, alright.

Forgive me for rolling my eyes.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by alaskan]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

As I predicted, a post frome someone who has never given of themselves for the benefit of others...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
Your right, but gotta ask a question, do you think the troops in Iraq are protecting our freedom? Osama attacked us on September 11th, 2001, true, I think....., and so we went to get him in Afghanistan,(makes sense) and then he went to Pakistan and.... we didn't follow(doesn't make sense). But I do have immense respect for the vets of World War 2
, now Vietnam, and everything past that accept Afghanistan, no.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by CT_Flyboy
reply to post by alaskan

As I predicted, a post frome someone who has never given of themselves for the benefit of others...

So you would kill others will a family that they hold dear to them, just as much as you hold your family dear to you?

War really needs to be rethought.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by CT_Flyboy

Agreed.

It would only be proper for me to extend my thanks to our service men and women on this most glorious holiday.

Here is my thank you to all of our military, if not for your efforts in the Middle East these United States would not have such a rich oil and opium supply. Thank you for putting your life on the line for my freedom to consume more oil brought to me impart by a corrupt Federal Government and psychotic oil companies.

I shall celebrate my independence day this year rejoicing over the fact that I am completely dependent upon Corporations for my every need.

Blessed be this De Facto, Corporate Democracy.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:19 PM
link   

reply to post by alaskan

As i predicted a post from some1 who's been brainwashed into thinking a corprate war for greed and money is for freedom... go read some books the MSM is rotting your brain.. i have nothing against people in the military they are just people who need to earn and support their farmilys... its the corrupt corprate government thats lying to you....

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
While I have the UTMOST respect for those who serve, PLEASE tell Me, PLEASE....

"when was it that Iraqis, Koreans, Vietnamese, tried to take your freedom?"

and no, it wasn't 911. That was the work of a lunatic and his followers.

(Japanese and The UK did, but we like them)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
ah-more double speak..freedom isnt free..
and more about sacrifice of course.
so we who trudge through all the hardships
and live hand to mouth, watching the same pigs
at the military/industrial trough.
killing for oil to keep the war machine rolling.
money for every kid they send somewhere-everywhere..
freedom is on the march .the war on terror..war on drugs.
keep killing and drilling..
while we civilians -no longer citizens..
bear the brunt , shoulder the load, pace the floors.
sweat it out, pray to god..hang on..try to figure it out.
its a myth-based on lies-its a pentagram/pentagon.
Austerity-thats the plan for civilians.
less free. more fee-
not home of the brave-
home of the slave.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
well. ATS seems to be dead at the moment. bombs bursting in air and all.

freedom isnt free, huh?

well. thats a disappointment.

whats weird about it for me is that, really, i never asked to come to this stupid planet.

but somehow, by virtue of my arriving here, there is someone (bad guy) that wishes to lay claim to ME.

and then you have the other side. the good guys who think that because they are attempting to protect me from the "bad guys", that they may lay claim to ME.

so i have both the "good guys" AND the "bad guys" laying claim to ME. i can hardly tell the difference anymore.

tell you what. how about EVERYONE step the hell off and leave ME to ME!

do not tell me that i owe you something. that you have paid some debt in my behalf. it is not wanted. i do not honor this supposed contract.

and before the OP goes pointing their ignorant finger.....

.....i DID give 6 full years of my life to the US Army. and i still think its garbage.

best.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
Actually, Freedom IS free. You can run off and set up a tent and live by your own means.

I fail to see what these wars are doing for MY freedom. They are wars to secure wealth and resources, not freedom.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Free? Did you say we are free? I can't tell from here.

I'm all for our troops and I'm proud of every one of them. But I want every one of them to come home before they die - and for what?

Give our troops some freedom for a CHANGE.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Wow, I was just thinking about this.

Right and wrong, morality in general is a funny thing. Young people like myself are generally too torn on this subject to really comment, that's why we come off as apathetic. That is not the case. I'll try to give you a better understanding of our confusion:

In high school a teacher took it upon herself to warn us not to become "little yes sirs" who "march and die for oil".

The bell rings, and we go to shop where the National Guard is reminding us we have to take the ASVAB and convincing us of our duty as Americans. He's just trying to sucker me in right? The military is WRONG-
that's what the teacher said anyway.

Later in another class we make cards and people collect household items to send to troops.

Wait I thought...

Then the debate team holds an anti Iraq War rally in front of the school.

Didn't I just hear...?

Then EVERYONE stands in a moment of silence in the auditorium in remembrance of fallen soldiers.

Now I'm just confused.

My point here is, if The Establishment wanted us to go one way or the other, I wish it would make the process a little less trying on us, the future do-gooding deciders.

What is right and wrong? How are we supposed to know? The people who raised us don't even know.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
Why do I get the feeling the MODS will allow the title of this thread to remain in all capitals?

In relation to the subject of this thread, Freedom is absolutely FREE! Freedom is a state of mind. Once free nobody can force you into their mindset or enlist in their cause. A free man or woman acts on their own accord, on their own instinct, for their own purpose. A group of free thinking, free loving, free minded people can never be restrained. No amount of group think is required for a free person to protect their freedom. A free person is not free when they believe someone can take their freedom from them.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

I just wanted to take a few moments to thank those who have served and continue to serve to help make and keep America free.

I'm sure there will be a few morons who will respond and call those of us who have served and continue to serve vicious names.

Most of those that would say such things have never given of themselves for a greater cause and are much the worse for it.

The very fact that you can make a statement such as that without the gestapo showing up at your door proves our worth.

www.youtube.com...

bless those who served and died for a good cause.

as for you, you think you're special because you joined the service. you think you're macho and use expressions like "i aint got time to bleed." you think america owe you, you think we should bow to you. shut yo face coward, you're a ground pounding scared lil girl who wait for the bomb to kill everyone before you come out of hiding.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
Sorry for all of the problems, I have a deep respect for any and all that served with the honest intention of fighting for freedom.
On the other side of the coin I pity the individual that does not see the military for what it has become.
We do not truly fight for freedom anymore we fight for corporate interests.
But I thank all who had the honest intent and served.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Nope freedom isn't free, there's a hefty fkn fee - well according to the lyrics of this song

>> www.youtube.com...

Team America - in my top 3, Fight Club, Matrix and Team YANKEE GO HOME!

Team America - the truth about america, including the need for a happy but ridiculously unlikely outcome.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:36 AM
link   

I don't understand you. Is this yet another attempt at self- aggrandizement ?
Are we suppose to pat you on the back for being a 'Lifer' ?

Hell, if you want to shed blood to preserve freedom, INVADE Washington D.C.
No entity has threatened the freedoms American hold dear more then politicians.
That is a fact !!!!!!!!!!

And YES I did my time !

[edit on 4-7-2010 by dazbog]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA

www.youtube.com...

bless those who served and died for a good cause.

as for you, you think you're special because you joined the service. you think you're macho and use expressions like "i aint got time to bleed." you think america owe you, you think we should bow to you. shut yo face coward, you're a ground pounding scared lil girl who wait for the bomb to kill everyone before you come out of hiding.

Do we really need to look further to see just how ignorant and infantile our society has become? The above post sums it all up.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by DOADOA

In NO WAY do I think I'm special, I simply did the job asked of me (aircraft mechanic). The people I want to thank are the ones on the lines day and night serving in hostile environments. I DO NOT support the Iraq war but I DO support the soldiers, sailors, and airmen serving there. As members of the military we don't get to choose where we are asked to serve. Sometimes there IS someone with a bit more information and a better view of the BIG PICTURE that we need to trust.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join