It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It wont rain oil....however...

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
Frogs and fish don't evaporate either, but they have been known to rain down. They get picked up by strong updrafts and carried for miles then deposited with rain elsewhere. It's a fact.

If a hurricane or strong storm were to pass directly over the spill, it WILL suck the oil up into the vertex, swirling it around the storm and dumping it everywhere in it's path. Anybody who doesn't see this as a real possibility is naive.

General

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by General.Lee

Raining fish, frogs (or other living creatures) is a very, very rare occurence, and requires a confluence of many factors.

It is NOT the same...and it only affects very localized areas...

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

So where did you get your Education, from BP?

Why don't you run all that diatribe past all the sick people, dead wildlife, dead foliage, people who have lost their jobs already, the now defunct fishing industry.

You sure made a brainless statement when you started this thread.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Your description of fractional distillation of crude oil is fairly accurate .

But the temperature you are stating is the point to break crude oil down to tar and oil such as motor oil .

The other parts of crude are distilled out at different temperatures . Methane is gas propane butane pentane all of these break out at less than 100 deg f . The well head in the gulf is said to be putting out 40 % of volume as methane I would imagine the rest of the crude would be high in the lower boiling point hydrocarbons the burnable gases . Usually where methane is there is usually other longer chain hydrocarbons in the gaseous state as well .

If you go to a natural gas well site there is a separator there on site this removes water and oil residues from the natural gas then the natural gas is then piped to a processing plant for further processing . The residue from the gas which is crude oil is sent to oil refiners .

www.naturalgas.org...
en.wikipedia.org...

This is reclaimed from a gas !

Natural gas will leave a well head in the gaseous state with water and OIL in the mix which is separated out . That is what the tanks at a natural gas well site are for to hold the water and oil residue from the gas when separated . Depending on the site and what formation it is in on how much trash oil and water is in it per cubic ft of gas .

Now to my logical conclusion is . IF enough gas is released which many times has oil in it when unrefined a rain passing threw the gas in the air could pick up some of the trace oil residues deposit them to the ground as a tainted rain with the slight rainbow effect in the puddles not a true oil rain but rain with a little residue in it .

It really does not take much oil product residue to put a rainbow on a puddle of water .

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

The problem with this country is this. You can have information disseminated to you while someone is filming it and showing you undeniable proof, but, the mainstream media has a stranglehold on what will be shown and what won't. Although you're seeing it with your own two eyes, you will refuse to believe it simply because it wasn't distributed on mainstream outlets or meteorological channels. Need I remind you that these outlets are controlled by corporate entities? I found it interesting that the video in Louisiana was information enough to have been seen on numerous media channels throughout the world except the one's that are owned by Corporate America. As a matter of fact, the best footage that I have seen on the oil spill was covered by China, not America. So, I don't look towards our meteorological community to show me anything that they haven't been paid to show. So, if youtube wasn't enough to demonstrate oil coming from the sky while it was raining, then, I'm not for sure what will open your eyes in that respect. Have you ever heard the old wives tail about the frog boiling in a pan? He just keeps sitting there while the temperature continues to rise, but never really knows that he's being cooked to death. Well, that's the situation that we have going on right now. You can choose to believe it, or you can sit in the fire until its too late. But, I'm not going to argue with you about your belief or disbelief or the methods thereof.

As far as the Hurricane and its relation to the oil spill, I haven't seen much media coverage on it except for a few excerpts here or there. If you could tell me where to find some of it, or post some links, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks for your intelligent and polite response.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:37 PM
link   
"Take a deep breath and relax " is the last thing people should be doing.
grateful i'm not as smart as you mister.
This is a flippin volcano of toxins-they think maybe they can stop..there are no flippin experts here..you have no flippin clue.
Wait till they drop a nuke on it..

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42I would almost believe your statement if not for the fact that it has already rained oil in Louisiana.

Where do you live? I happen to live in Houma, La. and can say that this time of year it rains just about every afternoon and I've seen absolutely no evidence of oil rain what-so-ever.

I'm tired of the fear mongering and insane off the wall gloom and doom spouted by those of you who want to believe. I swear ATS is a breeding ground for delusional fools. There are some level headed people here, but holy christ you've got to wade through 9 posts of deranged BS to find one post that is coherent and reasoned.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by weedwhacker

Raining fish, frogs (or other living creatures) is a very, very rare occurence, and requires a confluence of many factors.

en.wikipedia.org...

I hate to break it to you but a leaking well in the Gulf of Mexico is a rare occurrence as well. If you really believe a strong storm or worse, traversing across a layer of oil won't actually pick any of it up, you are extremely naive. It's not a personal attack, just an observation.

When hail is created the strength of a storm can keep hail airborne for a long time. My point is, the vertex strength of a storm can uproot trees, pick up houses and all manner of objects. I'm sure it would be not only possible but probable, that it would pick up oil from the surface of the ocean.

Time will bear this out when they they start to see traces of oil coming from the rain, hundreds of miles inland. And at point, I have no doubt you'll come here and admit your error.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ethancoop

Originally posted by PsychoX42I would almost believe your statement if not for the fact that it has already rained oil in Louisiana.

Where do you live? I happen to live in Houma, La. and can say that this time of year it rains just about every afternoon and I've seen absolutely no evidence of oil rain what-so-ever.

I'm tired of the fear mongering and insane off the wall gloom and doom spouted by those of you who want to believe. I swear ATS is a breeding ground for delusional fools. There are some level headed people here, but holy christ you've got to wade through 9 posts of deranged BS to find one post that is coherent and reasoned.

I think that you need to get a grip on your anger. That seems to be your primary problem that I can identify. Secondly, calling names doesn't help or demonstrate your case to me in a logical or coherent manner, it actually puts you right in with the "fools" that you claim are littering the ATS forum. Third, if you think ATS is a breeding ground for delusions, you might as well cancel your membership and start watching the MSM. That seems to be more or less your speed. This is about opinions, which is something that you don't seem to be too tolerant of. As the MSM and the Obama Administration seeks to limit free speech and the opinions of others, you seem to be one of the most staunch supporters of that movement. Nevertheless, there's a difference between fear-mongering and staying informed. I tend to go with the latter. Now, I'm not the one who created the video, I am merely the one who consumed the information. If you want to accuse someone of fear-mongering, don't you think your attack is best served against those who made the video in the first place? I think your anger is a bit misdirected. And since I saw the video, I chose to go ahead and agree with the images that I was seeing. It doesn't make it right or wrong, but, its merely more information to throw into my repertoire, so, just in case oil rain turns out to be a fact that the MSM covers, I can say..."You see, we were already warned."

Aside from that, good day to you and I hope that you can get your aggressive nature under control.

Namaste and Love

[edit on 4-7-2010 by PsychoX42]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by General.Lee

Originally posted by weedwhacker

en.wikipedia.org...

I hate to break it to you but a leaking well in the Gulf of Mexico is a rare occurrence as well. If you really believe a strong storm or worse, traversing across a layer of oil won't actually pick any of it up, you are extremely naive. It's not a personal attack, just an observation.

When hail is created the strength of a storm can keep hail airborne for a long time. My point is, the vertex strength of a storm can uproot trees, pick up houses and all manner of objects. I'm sure it would be not only possible but probable, that it would pick up oil from the surface of the ocean.

Time will bear this out when they they start to see traces of oil coming from the rain, hundreds of miles inland. And at point, I have no doubt you'll come here and admit your error.

Well stated and delivered. I think that there are many others who need to entertain the idea that they are not nearly as informed as they would like to believe. Your post not only demonstrated critical thought but patience for those who intentionally practice to deceive, or those who simply choose not to digest the seriousness of this issue. I gave you a star for that post.

Namaste and Love

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hey Oz. Thanks for the info. S&F for sure.

My question is this. Could a hurricane pull up the oil and drop it inland?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by trolleleet
Another OP working for BP sigh, they are taking over the world.

Sigh. No evidence, no links, just attacking the messenger.

ISn't this discouraged on ATS? Are we not made stupider by being able to disagree with something we dont want to believe by merely attacking the poster as being in the employ of BP?

Overall, thanks for a rational, informative, knowledge based thread, all!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Boomer1941

So where did you get your Education, from BP?

Why don't you run all that diatribe past all the sick people, dead wildlife, dead foliage, people who have lost their jobs already, the now defunct fishing industry.

You sure made a brainless statement when you started this thread.

Ah, see, here is my point. The OP makes some very well-researched points, and this particular poster attacks him for things he never even came cloase to saying.

"Boomer", did you even read the OP and thread? How can you come to the incorrect assumption that the OP is saying "Oh, everything will be fine" just because he is providing evidence for why he THINKS oil will not evaporate?

Seriously, I am so tired of seeing educated posts like this flamed by the people who want to out NWO each other. Even if i dont agree with the OP's assessment, he presents his case with sufficient evidence to warrant and educated response. not just this mindless "Shill" screaming.

Bleh!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Blender
How molecularly heavy is Corexit? I wouldn't want that stuff raining down on my any more than I would want oil.

The Dioctyl sodium sulfosuccinate in itis pretty heavy at 444 grams/mole. It also has some light petroleum distillates which are lighter and will evaporate out. The Succinic acid is about 116 grams/mole. A mole is a blind burrowing animal. In chemistry it is also an amount of an element or compound that contains 6.022 X 10^23 molcules/atoms/electrons or molecules. You can compute this weight by adding the atomic masses of the constituents. So, a mole of methane, CH4, weighs 12 (carbon) plus4 (4 hydrogens at 1 each), for a total of 16 grams. The stuff that makes up the tarballs that wash ashore has a range of molecular weights running from hundreds to thousands of grams. See, pubs.acs.org...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by p51mustang
"Take a deep breath and relax " is the last thing people should be doing.

Actually, it's the first. No matter how dire a situation is, being calm and focused is the best way to deal with whatever is in front of you.

It is NOT akin to 'doing nothing' whatsoever.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

I've seen it literally rain frogs. If a storm can pick up frogs and other things in its path and deposit them miles away, then a storm can pick up oil, much more easily, and deposit it even further. There's no "relax" with this situation. If I were a resident of the Gulf area, I'd already be packed up and down the road. Let me settle in, turn off the TV, pick up a whiskey and beer, then, maybe, it'd be relaxin' time. Not a moment sooner.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join