It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ecuadorians, DEA seize drug-smuggling submarine

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Article

WASHINGTON – The Drug Enforcement Administration says it has helped seized a submarine capable of transporting tons of coc aine.

DEA officials say the diesel electric-powered submarine was constructed in a remote jungle and captured near a tributary close to the Ecuador-Colombia border. Ecuadorian authorities seized the sub before it could make its maiden voyage.

The sophisticated camouflaged vessel has a conning tower, periscope and air-conditioning system. It measured about nine-feet-high from the deck plates to the ceiling and stretched nearly a 100 feet long. The DEA says it was built for trans-oceanic drug trafficking.

The smugglers never seem to stop thinking of new ways to transport their drugs. The submarine sounds kind of small, 100 feet long, 9 feet high. I wonder what next idea they will come up with?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
it would be interesting to see what the CIA uses as their tools of smuggling.
the game of cat and mouse gets more high-tech each year.
interesting to see what's next.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by buni11687

I watched a show on a history channel the other day. During the 1920's some guy who had a few bucks to spend bought a submarine. And he used it to smuggle rum, I think it was, into the U.S. Ah, history repeats itself.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
Story from 2006

From 2008

I wonder how many submarines vehicles have yet to be discovered.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by buni11687

The smugglers never seem to stop thinking of new ways to transport their drugs. The submarine sounds kind of small, 100 feet long, 9 feet high. I wonder what next idea they will come up with?

uhh, considering that it's not a military sub, this is amazingly large.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
here's a headline from today:
World Cup made from cocain

top topics

join