It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Probability of Experiencing anything Unusual??

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I've been doing some thinking and reviewing of events in my life. I have always had an extremely strong interest in ALL things 'unusual' but I really can't rememer ever experiencing anything that I couldn't explain away.

I think it's really awesome to read all of the threads on this forum describing encounters with ghosts, aliens, strange creatures etc. and then wishing deparately that I could write about something strange that I have felt or seen. But it's just not possible for me since I've never experienced anything out of the ordinary.

Now here is my first question for those of you who have reported such things - Would you consider yourself open minded and open to experience strange phenomena? In other words, did you WANT to see or experience something strange or were you just going about your normal daily life when something odd happened out of the blue?

When 'your experience' occured did you try to downplay it or explain it in logical terms or were you quick to accept the happening as metaphysical?

I guess that I'm wondering if it is possible for a person (myself) to be SO CONVENTIONAL that he can effectively 'seal' himself off from any metaphysical events or perceptions?

Thanks for reading my post and I really do welcome any and all replies, advice, ridicule
etc.

Aidan

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
Although I have had some strange things happen to me in the past, I try to explain them off logically, and by the way S&F.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   
reply to post by AidanK

So you have NEVER experienced any thing that you could not explain? Then you are a very lucky person to say the least you you just do not notice a lot that is going on around you. I wished I could say that. I have gotten to the point that for the most part I just ignore them when they happen if I can. Some things I feel like I am in the Twilight Zone with all the odd things going on around me. If you have never experienced any thing that you could not explain then you may not want to go looking for such things for you may not like what you find.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   
Thanks! I DO think that that has a lot to do with this topic. Maybe I have been so eager to explain everything that I can't recognize something unusual. hmmm

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
reply to post by AidanK

So you have NEVER experienced any thing that you could not explain?

I can really say that's true for me. I certainly admit that I might not be the most observant individual in the world or that I might be an expert at denial. I don't want to make it seem like I'm discounting experiences had by others when I say that I would welcome an unexplainable event in my life. Thanks for your input. I really do appreciate it.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
I had a few experiences in my life, none of which I wanted or expected. The only one I'd like to experience again is a UFO. I saw one pretty close-up, at least close enough to know it was something very unusual. Now that I want to see one again, and watch the skies constantly, I can't.

I had some poltergeist experiences as a young kid in my parents' house, including a loud knocking on a wall about 2 feet away from me. I was literally paralyzed with fear for a few seconds before I ran. I can do without a second shot at that.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:31 PM
link   
It's kind of like spotting the red convertible. You won't see one until you start looking.

Just start looking, every day, and i guarantee you, you will notice something that is EXTREMELY unusual. I notice it everyday of my life, and it baffles me more than anything.

Its so profound, and holds the only truth. The truth is as they say, right under your nose.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by AidanK

I can really say that's true for me. I certainly admit that I might not be the most observant individual in the world or that I might be an expert at denial. I don't want to make it seem like I'm discounting experiences had by others when I say that I would welcome an unexplainable event in my life. Thanks for your input. I really do appreciate it.

Please don't talk like that. You sound like a good friend of mine. Well at least he use to be because now I do not know him any more He said something like that once when we were talking about the strange world we live in. About 4 months later "something" happened to him and he lost his mind. He came by the house and all he could say over and over again was "You were right". I never did find out what I was right about. He just kept on saying that over and over and then left. His wife left him because she got afraid of him and he lost his job as well. He now lives in the barn out back of his brother's house taking care of the horses. His brother gives him room and board for his work because he is so messed up he can not get a job nowhere. That happened 10 years ago and he still will not say anything about what happened. In fact just about all he does is hide in that barn all day long. Be very careful what you ask for because you may just get it.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by AidanK

Would you consider yourself open minded and open to experience strange phenomena?

In other words, did you WANT to see or experience something strange or were you just going about your normal daily life when something odd happened out of the blue?

Both criteria must be established. Otherwise, nothing out of the ordinary would manifest. And the `norms` would continue living their illusions of fun while the rest of us `wackos` get to be ridiculed.

top topics

join