It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Urksome

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 14 2004 @ 08:05 PM
link   
Something else that irks me about this site is when you mention something outside of another person's experience and they basically call you a liar. Not mistaken, not wrong, but a liar, when you say things different from them.

If they want to argue with my conclusions, ok. Or with the evidence itself, fine. But to say, "I didn't know that, so you must be full of crap" is pretty shoddy.

I guess, if people just want to listen to themselves, then they don't really need to start up discussions with me, or I with them.

Maybe I'm about done with the discussion page.

Oops. Alarm bells are sounding on the bridge. Gotta scoot.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 09:41 AM
link   
Didn't realize I sounded so full of myself.

What I was trying to say is that the internet removes ALL authority. It's kind of like people talking during a movie in a crowded theater. You're not totally sure who said what, and not sure what their motivations and credentials are. And most of the silent majority wishes the talkers would just eat their popcorn and shut the hell up.

The internet is like the Rio Grande; a mile wide and an inch deep. I enjoy my privacy, and that keeps me from being to specific in my comments. But then how do you know whether I am making stuff up or not? And from my side, if I wanted to footnote my conversations I'd publish in an academic periodical rather than yelling through a keyboard onto this website.

I guess we all need to get lives. And I need to find a little humor in my day, instead of shouting at strangers.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:28 PM
link   
In a way you are right. It is annoying to see members called liars by others without putting forward a viable reason for it.

I've been called an idiot once, but never a liar, primarily because I tend to include links to back my claims. Not every time, just when I need to push my point home.

posted on Jun, 15 2004 @ 06:33 PM
link   
People who call other member liars without reason are full of sh!it.

So I wouldn't even bother with them.

top topics

join