It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's in space compilation!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:07 AM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Speculativeoptimist.....

I started out as a "believer" in that tether video.

But, I kept on reading & viewing & dicussing this case over many years.

"Unfortunately", I found compelling explanation for all aspects of that video being caused by a combination of ice / debris close to the camera & video focusing & scan-line effects.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Fair enough, but a few questions if I may...
In your viewing/discussing this case for years, what critical piece of evidence convinced you that all of this can be explained?
Was it just people speculating that it was ice-crystals and water droplets, or are there some astronauts who have weighed in on this case?
By the way, I agree with some of the incidents being water droplets,imo.
But if all one can say is they are crystals/droplets... because they are, without specific evidence, then it's a guessing game.
So I bet you can give me some specific links to show, what has been determined as crystals/droplets or scan lines, would look like in space so that I can compare for myself. Please don't send me "years worth," just the good stuff.

Respectfully, SpecOpt

[edit on 4-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Speculativeoptimist.....

Thank you for your thoughtful, well expressed reply.

I will draft a detailed reply, in order that I address your questions thoroughly.

I will try to do that tonight.

If I don't have time to do that tonight, I will spend some time on it tomorrow.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:16 AM
link   

Speculativeoptimist…..

I have looked at that STS75 “tether incident” video for many years.

I recall sitting in my office with my wife years ago, during which time we both watched this video…..gob smacked…..both of us!

And then…..doubts started to creep in as I worked my way through lengthy analysis & commentary.

I guess that by the time I discovered ATS, I was still in a state of some “hope” regarding that video.

So, I worked my way through dozens of threads, thousands of posts & associated linked material until all doubt was removed from my mind.

There are no alien spaceships in that STS 75 “tether incident” video.

Rather than try to explain all this to you myself, I refer you to the excellent thread by DepthOfField:

STS75 Tether Incident: Analysis By DepthOfField

DepthOfField covers this subject really well.

The only thing he didn’t cover was the spiraling coloured lines displayed on that very conspicuous large UFO. I believe that was caused by a bokeh distortion of the video scan lines.

With the risk of sounding pushy…..

I am far from a “non-believer”. I have started my own threads about “unknowns”, I have spoken on the ATS Live Show about my own possible sighting, a close family member has experienced a very detailed sighting with a collaborating witness, etc…

I think it is important that you really look at this case carefully. I see this STS 75 “tether incident” as a pivotal video in the battle to (in the words of ATS) ”Deny Ignorance”.

Please let me know if I can provide further information or assistance.

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Maybe...maybe not

Thank you for the education MMN! I will concur that much of the footage contains things that may be explained. However, I can't buy the disc with a hole in the center and a small slit on it's edge as bokeh distortion and the op even called it obfuscation which can be defined as unintelligible which can be defined as impossible to understand.

On the tether vid, why is everything moving in different directions, is this the way debris behaves in space?

I noticed in your earlier post, breaking down the vid, there were several points where you said "don't know and hard to tell," so is there any room within you to acknowledge a true phenomena that is not lens effect, debris, crystals or droplets? Or are you convinced that none of the space footage contains anything mysterious? I am just curious.

What do you think of the space worms/critters?

Well thanks for providing some perspective and I respect your position of investigating these for years.

Personally, I can now discount much of the anomalies, but I still believe there are some that remain a mystery and I choose to believe. However I would not posture myself so certain as to argue with others, I'll just keep it to myself or discuss it objectively.

I think what turns people off in the debates are any belittling or "know it all" attitude. I can tell you are careful with your wording and I appreciate that. And I can sense the frustration sometimes with members explaining stuff that has been covered so much for so long, but many here are where you were years ago, curious and eager to know truth, that have to go through a process, which takes time in some case, to feel they have a better understanding.
Sometimes it seems better to just provide links and encourage a "judge for yourself" notion, and "here's my opinion on it."

No news to you, but using the "imo" as much as possible seems to keep the communication going and I feel people can learn better if they are inclined to continue the walk into better understanding a subject through discussion.

Thanks again for your patience when it comes to redundancy, and for the record, I still believe, but with a healthier skepticism, I can better sort out what I am seeing, and hopefully uncertainty/being undecided does not qualify for ignorance

Respectfully,
specopt

[edit on 4-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
AMAZING videos! thank you for posting. I really enjoyed them!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:31 AM
link   

Speculativeoptimist…..

Thank you for the education MMN!

Well, I am glad I posted information that you found of interest.

I will concur that much of the footage contains things that may be explained.

The problem is, the explanation is complex & even difficult at times, which some people find frustrating…..even irksome.

However, I can't buy the disc with a hole in the center and a small slit on it's edge as bokeh distortion

Perception is a funny thing. Subsequent to my reviews of the available info, to me, that’s the clearest example of the bokeh effect in the whole video.

and the op even called it obfuscation which can be defined as unintelligible which can be defined as impossible to understand.

Can you link to that comment so I can look at that again? (many thanks)

On the tether vid, why is everything moving in different directions, is this the way debris behaves in space?

There have been many examples of that type of movement posted, particularly post “flush” of liquids.

I noticed in your earlier post, breaking down the vid, there were several points where you said "don't know and hard to tell,"

Those are the parts I enjoy the most because…..

1. I get to find out what the “unknown” is & learn something

Or…..

2. I get the thrill of there being an “unknown”!

so is there any room within you to acknowledge a true phenomena that is not lens effect, debris, crystals or droplets?

It would be a massive thrill for me to see something I did not feel I could explain in prosaic terms.

Or are you convinced that none of the space footage contains anything mysterious? I am just curious.

As I think about it, there is still one case that still makes me scratch my head a little…..the “giant red object” that was caught on film & purportedly analysed in detail. There have been a few interesting threads about that on here.

Here is Easynow's thread about that:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

As much as it disappoints me hugely, beyond that, I don’t believe I have seen something in any of the space footage videos that appears to be a UFO.

I have, however read some “wild” reports of astronaut interactions with aliens, but the sources for these reports are problematic.

Regarding the more well known US astronaut testimony, you will find huge “holes” in those stories if you read deeply & ensure the correct context for their comments.

What do you think of the space worms/critters?

I think when you say “critters”, you refer to the mooted “plasma creatures” as per Zorgon, Exuberant1, etc… I have seen no evidence for that.

I think when you say “worms”, you are referring to 1 or 2 films I have reviewed that show either a strip of insulation or alternatively large, unusually shaped pieces of ice that have been released from the shuttle external fuel tanks post jettison.

Well thanks for providing some perspective and I respect your position of investigating these for years.

You are very welcome…..I am glad I have been able to offer something of interest.

Personally, I can now discount much of the anomalies

It’s sort of a mixed blessing…..

On the one hand…..

It’s good to know the truth.

On the other hand…..

It’s disappointing not to have quite so many mysteries & unknowns around.

but I still believe there are some that remain a mystery and I choose to believe.

Good on you!

However I would not posture myself so certain as to argue with others, I'll just keep it to myself or discuss it objectively.

I for one appreciate your approach to this discussion.

I think what turns people off in the debates are any belittling or "know it all" attitude.

I am often accused of that…..including in this thread!

I can tell you are careful with your wording and I appreciate that.

Well, I do try to be careful…..but I guess I can have my moments!

And I can sense the frustration sometimes with members explaining stuff that has been covered so much for so long

Sometimes it drives me bonkers!!!

but many here are where you were years ago, curious and eager to know truth, that have to go through a process, which takes time in some case, to feel they have a better understanding.

I know…..but I do sometimes get frustrated when people either deny the obvious facts on offer or choose not to research this topic at all.

Sometimes it seems better to just provide links and encourage a "judge for yourself" notion, and "here's my opinion on it."

I know I can lecture more than I perhaps should at times…..

No news to you, but using the "imo" as much as possible seems to keep the communication going and I feel people can learn better if they are inclined to continue the walk into better understanding a subject through discussion.

That’s a good point…..however sometimes I like to “stand up & be counted” & make my opinion very clear so as to stimulate discussion & debate.

Thanks again for your patience when it comes to redundancy, and for the record, I still believe, but with a healthier skepticism, I can better sort out what I am seeing, and hopefully uncertainty/being undecided does not qualify for ignorance

Again…..I am extremely glad I could offer you something of interest!

Kind regards
Maybe…maybe not

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join