It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Leaked Video Shows Steps Taken By BP To Cover-Over Oil-Fouled Beaches By Dumping Sand

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:57 PM
link   
LiveLeak: www.liveleak.com...

Here we have some citizens disobeying the 'stay-away' mandate issued by BP.

A media black-out and the 'stay-away' order would be logical if they were actively trying to cover-up some of the disaster to make it seem less catastrophic. Media/Disaster spin! Do not be fooled. They got the time and resources to cover-up the mess just like sweeping dirt and trash under the rug.... the problem is not solved, it will be worse because of these misguided logistics and mismanagement of resources.

Rampant criminality!

[edit on (7/3/10) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
And taking our rights away at same time

Mike Adams writes, "It seems downright spooky that on the weekend when the USA is about to celebrate Independence Day -- the July 4th holiday that commemorates freedom from tyranny -- we are bringing you a disturbing report on how the U.S. Coast Guard, under the direction of the Obama administration, has suspended the First Amendment in the Gulf of Mexico.

"Free Speech is now illegal on the beaches of the Gulf Coast. Any reporter, photographer or blogger caught within 65 feet of an oil spill boom, vessel or cleanup operation will be arrested, fined as much as $40,000 and prosecuted with a Class F felony crime by the U.S. government."

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
The location of the video is Grand Isle Louisiana. Here is the map.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3ed84d8bb96e.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on (7/3/10) by AllSeeingI]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
This is not proof of anything. It is a home made video.

"This is BS....I live on the beach. That is a layer of sand/clay mixture. The high tide from hurricane Alex eroded the top layer of sand back about 50 yards from the natural coast.

That is not oil, or a cover-up. Natural erosion that has exposed a sand/clay layer of sand."

"Looks like clay to me. you dont have to dig far to hit it. dumping that much sand on the beach is not easy. "

" That looked like clay under there, that is why it was hard.
Oil has really been found under the sand in some areas off of Pensacola, but it was oily not clay like.
www.tampabay.com...

Ping Wang, 43, who has studied beaches for 20 years, dug a narrow trench perpendicular to the shoreline, about a foot deep and 5 feet long. A dark, contiguous vein of oil ran horizontally along the walls of the trench, about 6 inches beneath the surface of the sand.
The sheet of oil which was deposited on the beach at high tide Wednesday and stretched some 8 miles was covered by as much as a foot of sand at high tide Thursday, Wang explained.
"Beaches change very often," he said. Depending on tides and wave action, they constantly lose or accumulate sand. "

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mnmcandiez
This is not proof of anything. It is a home made video.

"This is BS....I live on the beach. That is a layer of sand/clay mixture. The high tide from hurricane Alex eroded the top layer of sand back about 50 yards from the natural coast.

That is not oil, or a cover-up. Natural erosion that has exposed a sand/clay layer of sand."

"Looks like clay to me. you dont have to dig far to hit it. dumping that much sand on the beach is not easy. "

" That looked like clay under there, that is why it was hard.
Oil has really been found under the sand in some areas off of Pensacola, but it was oily not clay like.
www.tampabay.com...

Ping Wang, 43, who has studied beaches for 20 years, dug a narrow trench perpendicular to the shoreline, about a foot deep and 5 feet long. A dark, contiguous vein of oil ran horizontally along the walls of the trench, about 6 inches beneath the surface of the sand.
The sheet of oil which was deposited on the beach at high tide Wednesday and stretched some 8 miles was covered by as much as a foot of sand at high tide Thursday, Wang explained.
"Beaches change very often," he said. Depending on tides and wave action, they constantly lose or accumulate sand. "

mnmcandiez
Ummm, the first part of your post, you have in "" marks but your not quoting anyone from the article you posted. Its fine if you want to post your opinion, but you used quote marks, yet again, I say you quoted who? No one from the article.

And, you left out key information on the article (link) you posted!?
LOL, how did you miss this ? You cant put your hands over our eyes!

But a University of South Florida geologist made a grim discovery Thursday morning, 24 hours after the worst oil onslaught in Florida so far....The sheet of oil which was deposited on the beach at high tide Wednesday and stretched some 8 miles was covered by as much as a foot of sand at high tide Thursday, Wang explained.

"Beaches change very often," he said. Depending on tides and wave action, they constantly lose or accumulate sand.

While picking up tar balls and oil patties from the surface is helpful, Wang's discovery suggests that type of cleaning will be inadequate.

"This is going to be hard to clean up," he said. "It's going to need to be a much larger scale effort than what we're seeing."

Wang, working with a team of geologists from USF, dug trenches at various spots along the beach on the Gulf Islands National Seashore and found the buried, unbroken vein each time.

"It's a continuous layer until it pinches off right up here," he said, pointing to a trench near the maximum wave run-up, the point at which high-tide waves begin their retreat. "The problem is they're only cleaning up the top of the beach."

And this part?

Coast Guard Lt. Cmdr. Natalie Murphy, a spokeswoman for the Unified Command in Mobile, said Wang's finding was not surprising. She said cleanup crews will go after subsurface oil later with machines that can scoop and separate deep oil and sand.

"Overall, in the short-term plan, we're cleaning up what's exposed," she said.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by burntheships]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
"machine to separate oil and sand"
That was a interesting search

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
BP Contractors cover oil spill sand in the night

BP contractors were busy last night to cover up the black oil deposit on Pensacola Beach with sand. Heavy machinery was used throughout the night to cover the thick oil spill with a thin layer of sand and crews were still working by daylight to finish the job.

The local contractors confirmed that they were told by BP to just cover up the large oil patch on Pensacola Beach with sand and then proceed during the day to pick up small pieces along the surf line with a smaller crew.

The combination of oil and Corexit now lies buried under sand and is mixed together, never to be recovered or cleaned up again. The toxic waste will seep through the soil through natural rainfall and will further contaminate the environment.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 07:55 AM
link   

Pensacola Beach Oil Tar Cover Up.

Happening from Florida to Louisiana!!!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:03 AM
link   
Already posted

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Pensacola Councilman: BP bringing in white sand to cover oil, has evidence (VIDEO)

The stories are leaking out all over the gulf coast. THIS IS NO HOAX.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   

Pictures by Diana Serden Stephens

www.chipleypaper.com...

Oil-soaked booms dumped in Jackson County
June 19, 2010 4:45 PM
Pensacola News Journal
Where do oil-soaked absorbent booms, pads, rags and protective gear used in oil cleanup in Escambia County go to be disposed of?

Some 15 truck loads of oil-related waste per day are being dumped at Springhill Landfill near Campbellton in Jackson County. Waste Management company owns the landfill and has the contract with BP to dispose of oil spill-related solid waste, said Waste Management spokeswoman Amy Boyson.

BP's oil spill-related solid waste from Alabama and Mississippi is taken to either Pecan Grove Landfill in Harrison County, Miss., or Chastang Landfill in Mobile County, Ala. — both owned by Waste Management, Boyson said.

So looks like the truck driver hauling oil waste for bp is hauling oil-soaked absorbent booms, pads, rags and protective gear used in oil cleanup to landfills not the oil soaked sand.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
check this too:

www.abovetopsecret.com...
Pensacola Beach Hides Oil Beneath Sand!

posted by Sri Oracle on 29-6-2010 @ 07:42 PM

nice info AllSeeingI...

Do you expect tptb to process the buried oil eventually? or does cap and trade really refer to just capping off the beach with concrete and trading white sand for a board walk?

Isn't that the way Pensacola usually deals with its superfund sites... just cover it in concrete?

Sri Oracle

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   
I am getting so angry with BP. The more I hear, the more angry I get. There seems to be absolutely no good news what-so-ever, coming out about this spill and I can only blame BP for the bad news. The company seems to be doing everything wrong, both before the spill and after. It's time we start to criminally prosecute those at the top and allow some other company to take charge, at BP's expense.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
I do not understand why the color of this stuff is so red? Can anyone explain why I dont see the thick, black layers of oil i think i should be?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
That is such amazing video! I worked in an oil field for a few years and that is exactly how oil gets with the water and sand elements. Its so sad that a company as WEALTHY as B.P. does this kind of thing to save on the cost of this clean up!

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   
Anyone with a bit of civil knowledge will tell you that they are actually grading up a layer of sand, pushing it into a windrow so it can be picked up and loaded onto trucks.

They then truck sand back in to stop the beach disappearing.

I'll hazard a guess that if someone went there and actually filmed the machines working, they would see trucks dropping a load of clean sand and then get loaded with contaminated sand to take away.

The whole just burying it thing is really, really silly, I mean if they're really just trucking in the sand, the beach would be a lot higher than it normally would be.

The tar balls are what's left over from loading out, there is always going to be leftovers when using heavy machinery.

On a side note, it would be interesting to see where the contaminated sand is being taken to, let's hope it's being disposed of properly.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

In Florida they are shipping to Springhill Landfill ran by Waste Management. They offer rail service so who knows how many train loads have left if they are shipping sand there. Theres a lot of coast line in Florida for one small landfill to be taking it all. They have an exclusive contract with BP for the waste from the beach.

15 truck loads of oil-related waste per day are being dumped at Springhill Landfill

[edit on 5-7-2010 by JBA2848]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:56 AM
link   
The "Pensacola Florida Councilman" in the video is Councilman Larry Johnson. Here is his website...

www.ci.pensacola.fl.us - Larry Johnson

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:58 AM
link   
Not sure if this is the same guy, or same beach, but the oil buried in the sand is the same type of cover over.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by burntheships]

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join