It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Amendment suspended in the Gulf of Mexico as spill cover-up goes Orwellian

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:04 AM
link   
"Today, America would be outraged if U.N. troops entered Los Angeles to restore order [referring to the 1991 LA Riot]. Tomorrow they will be grateful! This is especially true if they were told that there were an outside threat from beyond [i.e., an "extraterrestrial" invasion], whether real or promulgated, that threatened our very existence. It is then that all peoples of the world will plead to deliver them from this evil.The one thing every man fears is the unknown. When presented with this scenario, individual rights will be willingly relinquished for the guarantee of their well-being granted to them by the World Government."
-Dr. Henry Kissinger, Bilderberger Conference, Evians, France, 1991

[edit on 7/4/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:05 AM
link   
I have a brother who is living on the West Coast.The amount of drama going on in the U.S.A.is totally off the wall.By stopping this spill being reported does the government and BP think it will just go away.I've already told my brother to come home to Australia and get the hell out of America.I am not knocking the U.S.but every time you turn around the average joe is getting it in the neck while the ones with money and power get off and 9 times out of 10 are the cause of the problem._javascript:icon('
')

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by The_Tick

First Amendment suspended in the Gulf of Mexico as spill cover-up goes Orwellian

current.com

(NaturalNews) – As CNN is now reporting, the U.S. government has issued a new rule that would make it a felony crime for any journalist, reporter, blogger or photographer to approach any oil cleanup operation, equipment or vessel in the Gulf of Mexico. Anyone caught is subject to arrest, a $40,000 fine and prosecution for a federal felony crime.

CNN reporter Anderson Cooper says, “A new law passed today, and back by the force of law and the threat of fines and felony charges, … will prevent rep-
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
naturalnews.tv

Don't you know that who controls oil, controls nations? How the hell else is BP able to "HIRE" the Coast Guard... Apparently money is Power and Oil is life. These day's you can't have one without the other. BP has so much money they are able to make their own laws, In fact. BP has enough money to declare themselves a separate nation within a nation. This effort to suppress the oil rupture is proof of just that! BP paid the US Government to pass this , plain and simple.

Edit: But then again this is a 3rd or 4th party relay and from a source no one knows. This topic could just as easily be related to [Richard Simmons is not gay]. How, and why? because I said so. It's my personal opinion and that's all that matters right?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by SneakAPeek]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:54 AM
link   
This needs to be crushed head on. I'd rally all the journalist and photographers etc. I could and just go there. Also I'd get all the tele-zooms I could rent. 65ft isn't that long for a proper zoom. Also I'd keep a small pocket cam recording video during all encounters with possible security. Now it really really really suck to be in Finland

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Addendum:

I can find no actual source for the Coast Guard order. I have searched the web and have checked the Coast Guard site and it's media site for a press release of some sort. Nothing. Just as nenothtu related in his post. So, what is the source for the Anderson Cooper story, and how can it be substantiated?

www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com...
www.uscg.mil...

Well there is that youtube video from the press confrence of the coast guard boss saying it. I'd say that's enough if the document itself can't be found online

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by PsykoOps

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Addendum:

I can find no actual source for the Coast Guard order. I have searched the web and have checked the Coast Guard site and it's media site for a press release of some sort. Nothing. Just as nenothtu related in his post. So, what is the source for the Anderson Cooper story, and how can it be substantiated?

www.deepwaterhorizonresponse.com...
www.uscg.mil...

Well there is that youtube video from the press confrence of the coast guard boss saying it. I'd say that's enough if the document itself can't be found online

Check a few posts after that one. I found the source.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Oh yes I noticed that but I had posted already. There is no question that this has happened. Now the question is what to do about it.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
If you look at the tophat on the gusher via the bp cam it looks to be a bit more tilted than it was, maybe this is the reason they want no reporters out there. maybe they are getting ready to do something stupid big.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:09 AM
link   
Dear sir or mam,

My name is really Fred. about an hour ago i came home to Brantley Alabama. I did so from mobile. Its not my first time there nor did i make a special trip for the sake of wonder or even anger. I went to mobile to pick up my son from rehabilitation. I was in hurry to get him home and safe. It was on the agenda to take pictures for you but at 12:30 am, were all tired and have another 2 and a half hour ride. so... no pics.

i wouldn't say for you to discount this post because of it though. The reason being is that there just wasn't any picture to be taken anyway unless i got very close. Do you want to know what that city looks like? business. as usual. Its the same city i left 9 years ago It is not over run by blue tags or private security. if so, they are doing one hell of a crap job.

I use to be inspector liaison to military sea lift command and American board of shipping at Bender ship building in mobile. there are as many people that hold that title as there are ships in dock on mobile bay.

Because of Benders location in that city on the bay it becomes impossible to restrict access to the water. to do so would be a military exercise of epic proportions. why? because it is in the heart of the city.

I'm telling you that nothing was impeded there. nothing. no detour, no military, no guard, and definitely nothing from stopping you. go look now. do it.

will there be oil? maybe. i didn't step out of my truck there. i drove to my location unhindered.

I promise you that you will only find one thing if any at all. a tragic poisoning of the water. nothing else. not force to stop you from looking that way.

This brings me to the post i read right before i left for mobile. I have nothing to fear other than ATS and the consequence of my OWN actions.

I'm sorry, is the only thing that comes close to the way i feel after reading about fear and experiencing the gulf city myself. It reminds me of the fear i felt in racism. I had learned on the internet. before i knew it, i felt hate. one day i said to myself... snap out of it. if it exists then it will show itself to you. i observed every man and woman of color that i came across in my daily life. what i found was that hate exist in me. not in my environment.

Take that for what it is or don't.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
www.pbs.org...

THis was on Wikileaks site. I believe its very relevant to this new US law.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:27 AM
link   
This is such a joke. When even CNN reports it as such you know someone stepped over the line. Unreal and this on july 4th.

It will only get worse from here.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:48 AM
link   
afer reading the entire thread including responses
let me say this martilal law is not around the corner u are alread there
u think obama is going 2 wave a flag screaming im declarin martial law,its time 2 get scared now!! or somthing?
if he can pas laws that are4 insane like this one he doesnt have 2,obiously he can make any law he wants and enforce it
althoug its possible that a giant ff could be used to declare full martial law but as i see it they dont really have to
i hope u people enjoy sleeping in a fema camp although thers not going 2 be much sleeping there
the ovens are waiting
and the guiliotinses to
u will be beheaded and ur organs will be sold
and thats it

good luck

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:50 AM
link   
The 65 foot rule is NOT unreasonable. If workers are there, they do not need to be annoyed and compromised by having to put up with gawkers and people asking harassing questions.

There is so much "hate" toward the corporations that some unbalanced people could try to take out those emotions on the workers. The 65 foot rule is for their protection as well.

And yet another reason this rule is valid is due to the fact that should you get close enough to trip over a boom or have any claim of injury due to their equipment, then the companies would have yet another lawsuit.

Stay out of the way. Appreciate the fact that we need laws to restore order. Think about the positive side of what this law accomplishes.

Anderson Cooper is making a mountain out of a molehill. He's a member of a secret society so I suspect someone is dictating to him the news slant he must promote.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Today free speech is illegal in the Gulf. Tomorrow free speech will be illegal in your own living room. I won't say his name, but it sure looks like he was right..... "The Police State isn't coming, it's already here"

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
Good find

Mike Adams writes, "It seems downright spooky that on the weekend when the USA is about to celebrate Independence Day -- the July 4th holiday that commemorates freedom from tyranny -- we are bringing you a disturbing report on how the U.S. Coast Guard, under the direction of the Obama administration, has suspended the First Amendment in the Gulf of Mexico.

"Free Speech is now illegal on the beaches of the Gulf Coast. Any reporter, photographer or blogger caught within 65 feet of an oil spill boom, vessel or cleanup operation will be arrested, fined as much as $40,000 and prosecuted with a Class F felony crime by the U.S. government."

www.examiner.com...

Though I agree this is shocking news.. 65 feet is not that far away.. with zoom cameras and shotgun microphones you can still get the story.

I also think if challenged at the Supreme Court level this will be overturned.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

I also think if challenged at the Supreme Court level this will be overturned.

Yeah, so in 15 years when the Supreme Court decides to actually hear the case, we can just have it overturned. Only one problem.... do you keep silent until then?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   
As I said in another post, it is 65 feet now. But once it is a law it is easy to increase that distance.

It is not easy though to remove the law once in place.

So for now some may see this as nothing, but it can change very quickly.

Raist

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:05 AM
link   
the more i am on ATS the more I am starting to hate America.I don't hate the people, just the governments method of control.A company from the UK came up with a system that would clean up the oil slick faster and quicker than any other method.

the engineers entered America with there plans and got seized at the airport, jailed for 72 hours and have been cautioned that if they ever enter America again they will be charged with conspiracy to to cause conflict against us soil? what is that all about???

So you want to help clean up your own beach and ocean but you will get fined for it. I am so happy I live in the UK,at least we have a voice and our government encourages us to help when its needed.

the USA is starting to look like a place of fear and oppression,I don't think I will be going there.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
i say every reporter in the area get together and march into the ocean until theyre arrested. just keep walking until they end up in jail. mm hmm. have some college kid youtube it and send it into cnn.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
IT is clear now that US soldiers dont go in other countries to protect a way of life or freedom anymore.

Your declaration of independance has been trashed. They dont have time to deal with poeple's revolt, they have a war with Israel to attend to and the martial law is not so far fetched.

Oh lord can you see...

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join