It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Amendment suspended in the Gulf of Mexico as spill cover-up goes Orwellian

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   
I thought this was a complete hoax until I saw the embedded AC report.

If this is all true, I tend to think it's a pretty big deal. I'm a little unnerved that this isn't front page news on CNN's website right now since AC was the one to give this report.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthy-bird
Mouhahahahahahaha ! (in a gotv demonic way)

What if you link an external image to some other .cc .ru domain ? They still get a fine ? ... A fine to finence the cleanup I hope

What's the next thing martial law ?

Martial law you said ?

Slowly but surely they are getting there.....

second line....

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:25 PM
link   
This is my opinion on the mainstream media blackout...(I say mainstream because there have been other sources that have been able to keep us updated on whats going on)

I personally think keeping the media from accessing pics and info is just a smoke screen. That way, mainstream media will not be held responsible when people find out how bad it really is.

For instance, there are reports that because of the toxic chemicals that BP is putting in the ocean (Corexit 9500) people, animals and crops will get sick and die. NOT EVERYONE IS AWARE OF THIS.

Not only that, but there are rumors that FEMA has plans to come in evacuate residents to FEMA camps. We'll, if this was being reported on MSM then I think there would be alot more people evacuating NOW instead of waiting to be thrown in a FEMA camp.

So because the MSM supposedly aren't getting this vital information, people wont be angry with them. TPTB needs the MSM to further their agenda. And don't let Anderson Cooper fool ya...he may seem like a nice fella, like he's one of us...he's not. It's all propoganda.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by NuLife

Or maybe they ban media from the spill site to protect BP against evidences that can be use against them in court, in future lawsuit....... my 2 cents here....

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
This is clearly about blocking the press versus punishing interference, hence the specification of journalist, bloggers, photographers etc.

Perhaps it would be easier for someone to make a list of any freedoms we do still have. We might have a list long enough to just meet the the 140 character twitter limit.

Can we just make it easier on us all and just start showing up at the FEMA camps and tell them we are ready for processing?

We have accepted so much control and regulation, we deserve to be slaves; used, abused and murdered. I know I do. Honestly, how do I look at my kids and say "sorry kids, I was just too cowardly to do anything. Sure, I complained a lot, and wasted countless votes, but in the end, I knew it would be pointless and still I did nothing."

It wasn't bad enough that the rest of Americas submission and willingly handing over rights and freedoms made me sick to my stomach. Now, I can't look in the mirror without seeing someone deserving of servitude because I fell in line with the rest of the cowards and let them have it all without a fight.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   
WHO suspended the 1st amendment? BP amooco or our governemnt? both? either way, its m essed up, not like the whole thing is a secret ya know? thier hidding something* thast what this means.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Geeky_Bubbe

As much as this will be an unpopular opinion on ATS, there is a valid argument that due to the need to A) keep other natiions, terrorist orgs, etc from knowing how badly we're screwed B) Keep the same from learning about any classified tech being used in the cleanup operation, this IS a National Security issue.

Also, one should be able to get some quality pics on a professional cam from 65+ ft away. Journalists are basically being told to cross the street and stay there, not all that unusual in an emergency context.

I wouldn't bother getting worked up about photos or freedom of the press over this, this is about keeping anyone outside of the cleanup operation from getting hold of their own samples of oil or affected seawater to check against info coming from the Federal gov't and BP.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by invisibleman11
so does every one still belive that this is a free constitutuional country free of coruption and tyrany??? all of our rights are being burned and no one outside this site seems to know or care!!!
im sick of being treated like a subject instead of a citizen and so should you...im done with this coruption of our "democratic" government and the people that refuse to see and act upon it.

I dont even live in the USA ( i'm just the neigbor ) and YES i think you guys are getting #! side way's.

I already ask that once in a other thread, no anwser

Dont you have something in the constitution that give you guy the right and power to demote the president or any other political member that is "going sour". ?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
This is interesting, to say the least. But something doesn't make sense to me. They, being BP along with the government, are doing this to conceal what is going on with the clean up by distancing people from the area. And yet there are still live cams of the gusher itself. Strange. That leads me to believe that either the gusher cams are misleading, or that there is more going on in the Gulf (away from the gusher) than we're being told.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by John_Q_Llama]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
BP= foreign corp, on our soil and our waters and international waters, blocking any rights of the citizens is tantamount to treason from our gov, or an invasion from a corp. I have been on thier lists since they had lists or I developed my own opinions whichever came first so i will say it. treason treason treason

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by knightoffire
It sickens me every time I drive by a BP station to see every gas pump occupied by someone who either does not know what is going on or simply by someone who does not care.

I know that it will never happen, but isn't it time for the U.S. government to take over this disaster and its borders and expel BP and take over the clean up operations?? Just goes to show you......

Whoooa there!You get a story that the government is suspending rights to deal with this problem, and your FIRST RESPONSE is to say "hey, why don't we just give the government MORE power?"?

WHAT are you using to think with?

Now, with that said, it's not really any secret that I've got no great love for the Obama Regime. In spite of that, I just can't lay this story at their doorstep yet. I've gone through all the links, and found NONE, not one single link, to the alleged legislation or exec order.

NONE. Not one.

All I've found is circular sites, referring back to each other as proof, and the allegation that CNN reported on this. Sorry. Even if CNN IS reporting on it, I'm not ready to march on Washington with pitchforks until I see evidence in the form of the law or executive order calling for it.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
reply to post by truthy-bird

Well, theres certainly something in there that says only Natural Born US Citizens can become the POTUS and that hasnt been proven yet so basically a piece of toilet paper has more use these days then our own Constitution. Sad, but true.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:04 AM
link   
I understand that the more people see, the more pictures of the water and oil, the animals, the people affected, we see that and become more and more upset. People DO care. They are attempting an 'out of sight out of mind' tactic, to keep us from freaking out, and that alone freaks me out. I would ask 'what are they hiding?' but that is way too obvious, they are hiding a catastrophe of unbelievable proportions, and the effect it is having on the ocean, the sea life, the birds, and the people. They are hiding the ugly truth.

Another reason to hide it: incompetantcy.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
those who attach significance to this will be spun
into the same sort of 9/11 truther or fringe element.
agent orange-gulf war syndrome-benzene casualties.
they cant let out how bad this really is.
and bp keeps on in the arctic..all over the globe.
they wanted another pearl harbor event -
here you go, compliments of halliburton..
which prepared the camps , making out like a bandit.
this is nwo sabotage.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   
"So because the MSM supposedly aren't getting this vital information, people wont be angry with them. TPTB needs the MSM to further their agenda. And don't let Anderson Cooper fool ya...he may seem like a nice fella, like he's one of us...he's not. It's all propoganda."

Instead of blowing hot air, will AC and his people mount a challenge through the courts. If no legal challenge is pursued, then you know this is rubbish.

I mean, CNN did not mind being embedded with American Troops in the Iraq War and in effect being censored from what was really going on in Iraq. Why are they so up in arms now that the Government is once again running interference on them? I don't hear CNN complaining about Israel not allowing them into the Gaza Strip to witness the WP, but they are peeved about having to stay 65 feet away from a boom?

When you have pigeons buying, rest assured they will be selling.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
"Isn't weird that USA go overseas to fight for democracy but let democracy slips away in it own backyard?"

You don't really think the USA goes overseas to fight for democracy, do you? They don't give a damn about their own citizens, do you really think they're going to care about some dark smelly foreigners half a world away?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by SphinxMontreal]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by SphinxMontreal
"Isn't weird that USA go overseas to fight for democracy but let democracy slips away in it own backyard?"

You don't really think the USA goes overseas to fight for democracy, do you? They don't give a damn about their own citizens, do you really think they're going to care about some dark smelly foreigners half a world away?

[edit on 4-7-2010 by SphinxMontreal]

Well that is the official version of the story.
Official does not always equal real

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Copperflower
Maybe it's time to email Anderson Cooper and beg him to sue for freedom of the press, since he is the main person covering the story for much of the nation, and is considered reliable and more or less honorable.

He could make a pretty big move if he used his position to try the law in court.

HAhaha! Cooper is a member of a secret society which is in league with skull and bones. His family background is oil people and bankers. hahaha--use his position? hahaha--- he probably already does.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu

Originally posted by knightoffire
It sickens me every time I drive by a BP station to see every gas pump occupied by someone who either does not know what is going on or simply by someone who does not care.

I know that it will never happen, but isn't it time for the U.S. government to take over this disaster and its borders and expel BP and take over the clean up operations?? Just goes to show you......

Whoooa there!You get a story that the government is suspending rights to deal with this problem, and your FIRST RESPONSE is to say "hey, why don't we just give the government MORE power?"?

WHAT are you using to think with?

Now, with that said, it's not really any secret that I've got no great love for the Obama Regime. In spite of that, I just can't lay this story at their doorstep yet. I've gone through all the links, and found NONE, not one single link, to the alleged legislation or exec order.

NONE. Not one.

All I've found is circular sites, referring back to each other as proof, and the allegation that CNN reported on this. Sorry. Even if CNN IS reporting on it, I'm not ready to march on Washington with pitchforks until I see evidence in the form of the law or executive order calling for it.

There was actually no legislation or executive order. The order comes from the U.S. Coast Guard:

COOPER: “the Coast Guard today announced new rules keeping photographers and reporters and anyone else from coming within 65 feet of any response vessel or booms out on the water or on beaches — 65 feet. Now, in order to get closer, you have to get direct permission from the Coast Guard captain of the Port of New Orleans."

The Coast Guard has the authority to do this under United States Code 33 USC 1221-1236
oceancommission.gov...

§ 1225. Waterfront safety

(a) In general
The Secretary may take such action as is necessary to—
(1) prevent damage to, or the destruction of, any bridge or other structure on or in the navigable waters of the United States, or any land structure or shore area immediately adjacent to such waters; and
(2) protect the navigable waters and the resources therein from harm resulting from vessel or structure damage, destruction, or loss. Such action may include, but need not be limited to—
(A) establishing procedures, measures, and standards for the handling, loading, unloading, storage, stowage, and movement on the structure (including the emergency removal, control, and disposition) of explosives or other dangerous articles and substances, including oil or hazardous material as those terms are defined in section 2101 of title 46;
(B) prescribing minimum safety equipment requirements for the structure to assure adequate protection from fire, explosion, natural disaster, and other serious accidents or casualties;
(C) establishing water or waterfront safety zones, or other measures for limited, controlled, or conditional access and activity when necessary for the protection of any vessel, structure, waters, or shore area; and
(D) establishing procedures for examination to assure compliance with the requirements prescribed under this section.

[edit on 7/4/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join