It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

First Amendment suspended in the Gulf of Mexico as spill cover-up goes Orwellian

page: 11
<< 8  9  10   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

Anderson Cooper is cute, and claims he did not complete the CIA school he attended. Speaking of CNN, and talking heads, if Anderson Cooper had been caught in Central Park in the same getup that Richard Quest was at 3 am, would he still be our favorite CNN talking head?

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:03 AM
link   
Fox News is going wild with this.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are
Oh I agree completely. I know they're just hiding how bad it is.
[edit on 7/3/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

Or how bad it's not... that's the problem with hiding things... you can only guess what their hiding because it's hidden.

posted on Jul, 9 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

im sure if it wasnt bad they would be hiding that
that makes alot of sense

posted on Jul, 10 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7
im sure if it wasnt bad they would be hiding that
that makes alot of sense

But you really don't know. Do you? Because all you see is what they allow you to see. You've must have been fooled quite often in the past and obviously you still haven't learned anything.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   
www.youtube.com...

watch this NOW

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by icecold7

the woman in that vid says, “The Lord has warned people to get out of Florida so anyone who has stayed is in rebellion against him”

My advice to Floridians who hear this is to not only ignore this woman's advice but to avoid the church she attends as well.

Now watch this. Do not believe it but just include it in a list of possibilities:

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
reply to post by icecold7

www.youtube.com...

I disagree with a good bit of that video's conclusions, but i think its right about the well being drilled to intentionally release pressure. and that the argument can be made that it certainly appears to be a carefully staged, managed event.

and isnt everything these days?

the 'volcano' part, im not on board with...

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by justadood
the 'volcano' part, im not on board with...

Neither am I... but I'm not off board either. I don't trust BP... and those images of the leak are BP productions. Those images could be from any place and any time and the contents of the discharge they are showing could be anything. We could be looking at an asphalt volcano like the one a 2003 research expedition found in the Gulf of Mexico on a seafloor hill the scientists named Chapopote. geology.about.com...

Asphalt volcano are also known for producing large amounts of methane which boost populations of methane-eating marine bacteria. These bacteria deplete the water's oxygen, creating giant "dead zones” like the ones the “experts” they prop in front of us on the TV say. Asphalt eruptions can also cause oil slicks.
news.nationalgeographic.com...

I'm pretty certain, since the discovery of these asphalt volcanoes only go back to 2003, that there are not too many people (and no one on ATS) who can tell the difference between an asphalt volcano and an oil leak if they seen it on imagery provided by BP.

This could be a reason why no one is allowed near the area especially scientists. And if this is not an oil gusher.... once the people leave the gulf and they stop the leak.... everything will return back to normal minus the population.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by soleprobe]

[edit on 11-7-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
since this board lookst 2 be closed by tptb
let me still rep
it is a volcano which has the volume of the gom in OIL
known this from the begining
its being given top secret staus 5thats why u dont know
im back baby!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
since this board lookst 2 be closed by tptb
let me still rep
it is a volcano which has the volume of the gom in OIL
known this from the begining
its being given top secret staus 5thats why u dont know
im back baby!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Have any of you read the details of the Patriot Act? I have not, nor am I a lawyer or a legal expert of any type. I do know that the Patriot Act was 342 pages long and that it was rammed through congress with very little discussion. And how many congressmen even read all those 342 pages, or would be capable of understanding them even if they did? The thing is jam-packed with fine print and the entire document is basically aimed at extending government control and allowing them to do all sorts of things without having to give any justificiation or be held accountable.

Beyond the Patriot Act, how many other laws and regulations have been passed in the Bush and Obaba administrations that slowly erode legal rights? Even if these laws were passed with noble intentions of enhancing national security, etc., now we see "unentended" consequences of how the law can be used to do all sorts of things to restrict and control that have never been done before in history. Most people (including myself) basically have very little idea about exactly how broadly freedom has been restricted by new laws in the last decade or so. Guess we'll be finding out all sorts of new "surprises" like this about what is now allowed and not allowed in the years ahead.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
I have photographs of where the oil spill is happening.

I don't know if these are completely related to the topic but I wanted to share them.

My uncle is an engineer on a boat and soon after the leak started he came up to it and took these pictures, so they're a bit dated now I suppose.

Sorry if this is out of place.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
Beyond the Patriot Act, how many other laws and regulations have been passed in the Bush and Obaba administrations that slowly erode legal rights?

I know the Patriot Act, Patriot Act II, and the Homeland Security Acts have been the product of the last 2 presidential terms. I've also read that since 9/11 both Bush and Obama have renewed the annual status of 'state of emergency' due to potential 'terrorist activity'. It isn't talked about much, but with presidential powers declaring a state of emergency with little public knowledge, it keeps their authority directed to the 'blank check policy' and allows them to use ANY kind of surveillance on the American public without telling them or publishing their intentions, while at the same time supressing any public response and muting public opinion.
Most everything they pass through congress and onto the prezzies desk is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Healthcare, Financial reform, the Energy Bill have all been rammed through congress, along with the initial bailout thievery when the market crashed in Mar '08.
They're carrying out their agenda in plain sight without so much as an explanation; BP crisis as a case point.

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by StasiaNoel

Great pics. It's another example of the severity of the spill. With all these 'burn-offs' taking place, those black clouds are releasing tons of pollutants and by products into the air each day. Those pics are also an example of proof that the methane is nowhere near the gusher site. If methane was bubbling up near them flames, then BOOM!

posted on Jul, 17 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by OuttaTime

Originally posted by silent thunder
Beyond the Patriot Act, how many other laws and regulations have been passed in the Bush and Obaba administrations that slowly erode legal rights?

Most everything they pass through congress and onto the prezzies desk is a wolf in sheeps clothing. Healthcare, Financial reform, the Energy Bill have all been rammed through congress, along with the initial bailout thievery when the market crashed in Mar '08.

Health care reform was most certainly NOT 'rammed through congress'. It took months and months of debate and public discourse.

your partisan hyperbole is showing.

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by justadood

u being a disinfo is showing

tell me this,why do u bother visting ats commenting to important threads telling eevrybody,well,lies basicly
not once have u brouth any link or evidence,that justifie ur rude remarks to people who are doing what this site was intended foor
CONSPIRACY THEORY
so please quit accusing people of things U are doing
like derailing threads being ignorant
profiting of peoples daissabilitys
or bring some evidence to support that evrything is ok

posted on Jul, 20 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   
[edit on 20-7-2010 by Chance321]

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10   >>

join