It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poles try to sell the President's post

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Poles try to sell the President's post

rt.com

Published 04 July, 2010, 00:54

Ahead of Sunday’s second round of voting in the presidential election, some Poles were trying to sell their votes on the country's auction website, Reuters news agency reports.

This is illegal in Poland, so, Patryk Tryzubiak, the spokesman for the website www.allegro.pl said the offers were removed as soon as they appear.

"Indeed, such offers are showing up on our website. Before the first round of the election (on June 20), we had 30 of them. They were removed
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   
I had to read this story a second time. I have heard of the dead voting in elections, and even people voting multiple times, but I don't think I have ever heard of anyone openly selling their vote.

I realize that times are tough all over, but I thought most Pols had more pride than this. Or maybe these folk have just given up on the process and tried to take advantage of it. I wonder how much they were asking for their votes?

rt.com

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Is there a ACCORN branch in Poland?

All jokes aside, this is very sad to see people giving up hope in their election, Poland is in some Deep Doo Doo, if this is mutually felt by the majority.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by prionace glauca]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:55 PM
link   
WOW! im shocked...

im currently in poland and people are very much divided in terms of the current politics, but this is WAAAY scary :S

~TR~

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

ACORN? God I hope not.

But seriously I can't help but feel for the people over there. I mean they have had their leadership taken away and have been put through the ringer and now this. I sincerely hope this report is only talking about a few isolated instances. Voting is the people's primary tool in voicing their support and this is a shocker.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Tomb_Raven

I would hope this is isolated and not just the tip of the iceberg.

I take it that you have not heard anything about this then from anyone you have spoken with over there? Maybe by some small hope that the Russian news got their wires crossed.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Wayne60

its 3am here... but ill ask at more decent times if anyone's heard about this. The election is tomorrow either way but ill let you know if your still interested.

~TR~

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Well, they just had the nigh-entirety of their leadership assassinated and no one seems to even remember the event happening.

Is this really a shock?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   

If you can it would be appreciated.

There is nothing like having first hand accounts.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   
i asked around

i think it was just a few isolated instances, probably one or two that got peoples attention and turned into a kinda "joke" ...

~TR~

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
This is not the first country it is happening.

In 2009 presidential elections in Romania people tried to auction their votes on some websites

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:02 AM
link   
kinda depressing isnt it... worse than not voting

~TR~

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:17 AM
link   

Thanks for the update. I was hoping it was isolated, but you never know what can happen sometimes.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wayne60

I had to read this story a second time. I have heard of the dead voting in elections, and even people voting multiple times, but I don't think I have ever heard of anyone openly selling their vote.

I realize that times are tough all over, but I thought most Pols had more pride than this. Or maybe these folk have just given up on the process and tried to take advantage of it. I wonder how much they were asking for their votes?

rt.com

In Bush/Gore, some idiot posted his vote for sale on eBay. Sorry, can't find the link. The voting process is done. Voting for the type of hair, underwear, listening to msm, it doesn't matter, they will skew enough votes for them and turn off most people, why do negative ads work so well? Keep people way, make them angry and apithetic, so they don't turn the system in place.

Sell your vote, or pretend it matters, either way you lose. Want to change the world? Stop posting, and run for office, change or tear down the beast from within, either that, or complain here while your rights are stripped way to the point "here" no longer exists.

top topics

join