It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Religion won't tell

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Religion wont tell you what's that "D" doing as a prefix on the word "evil." Why is that? You tell me. I've found out what the "D" means on my own. The "D" is for "DETERMINED." Devil means determined evil. It is ancient wisdom that already deemed what in all would be considered evil to it and its fruitful creations. Determined evil seeks to take on and be what in all others might deem evil.

What is your take on the "D" in Devil?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by XsameXoneXotherX]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by XsameXoneXotherX

Considering that the original text wasn't written in english. I make nothing of it.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by XsameXoneXotherX

'The Devil' is the name given to a supernatural entity, who, in most Western religions, is the central embodiment of evil. This entity is commonly referred to by a variety of other names, including Satan, Asmodai, Beelzebub, Lucifer and/or Mephistopheles. In classic demonology, however, each of these alternate names refers to a specific supernatural entity, and there is significant disagreement as to whether any of these specific entities is actually evil.
The English word ''devil'' derives from the Middle English ''devel'', from Old English ''dēofol'', from Latin ''Diábolus'', from Late Greek ''Diabolos'', meaning, 'slanderer', from ''diaballein'', to slander: ''dia-'', across + ''ballein'', to hurl. The term ''devil'' can refer to a greater demon in the hierarchy of Hell.

I don't see anything here in the definition about "D" etermined.

join