It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mustang Conspiracy: Part 2: BP and The Ruby Pipeline

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:
CX

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Springer
reply to post by CX

Great point and one we hadn't considered, I changed the title to "BP" sans the "British Petroleum". Thanks for the heads up.

Springer...

Thank you for that, much appreciated.

CX.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Let's get something straight... The ISSUE isn't about Britain. It's about US Government Employees cozying up to Big Oil and Big Agriculture. The fact BP has bought up all the first returns on "British Petroleum" in Google says it all, they know that name is still out there and it's what lots of people think of them as. If they wanted to get rid of the name in the public mind, they could have chosen something a little more clever than "BP" as a replacement.

Everybody knows BP is a multinational oil company like every other major is. Let's focus on what's happening and not worry about national pride so much. This isn't about whose big oil company is the worst.

It IS about U.S. Government employees who are selling our heritage to the provider of the best gifts/graft. I am more disgusted with these government employees than I am the big corporations who are using every advantage to increase their shareholders wealth. That's the job of executives, make the shareholders investment the largest ROI possible.

These government employees need to be fired and brought up on charges where it's proven they failed us for personal benefit. The Public Lands policy needs to reviewed and reformed to make sure the tax payers are getting a fair deal for the exploitation of our resources and that the Federal Laws enacted to protect the wildlife are being obeyed/enforced.

WRT "the range can't support the Mustangs"...
If you actually listen to what's said in the report you'll know the horses are being denied the resources on their land via fences that block them from grazing and water in favor of cattle and sheep who reside within the fences where the water and grass grows. That is why the range can't support the Mustang herd. The range has been stolen from the Mustangs.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:25 PM
link   

reply to post by Chevalerous

Let's get something straight... The ISSUE isn't about Britain. It's about US Government Employees cozying up to Big Oil and Big Agriculture. The fact BP has bought up all the first returns on "British Petroleum" in Google says it all, they know that name is still out there and it's what lots of people think of them as. If they wanted to get rid of the name in the public mind, they could have chosen something a little more clever than "BP" as a replacement.

Are you talking about Google Adwords here?

BP adwords campaign

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
But British Petroleum don't exist anymore

Google Search on British Petroleum

Also, if you do a "view source" to review the HTML of the www.BP.com website, you'll find this:
name="keywords" content="BP Global, BP, British Petroleum, bp.com, petroleum, energy provider, oil, oil company, gas, gas company, energy, energy company, alternative energy,"

No matter the factors involved in the evolution of what is known known of as "BP," common usage very often refers to them as "British Petroleum," their name of legacy. So much so, that their website confirms the validity of that common use.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

Yes, if your key search term is British Petroleum, but whose searching for that. We know it was the name of the company over a decade ago. There will always be many references to British petroleum via pages visited by Google's spiders.

Edit to say that BP would include British Petroleum as a keyword because it is just that, a keyword. That is a name which would appear in many internet pages and have huge search engine optimization value. ATS and any other company would deploy such a marketing tactic.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by LarryLove]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by LarryLove
Yes, if your key search term is British Petroleum, but whose searching for that.

The point being that even BP has accepted the common use by including the keywords "British Petroleum" in the source HTML of their site.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by LarryLove
Yes, if your key search term is British Petroleum, but whose searching for that.

The point being that even BP has accepted the common use by including the keywords "British Petroleum" in the source HTML of their site.

Yes, that isn't in dispute, ATS owners knowing better is. And with all due respect, there have been numerous posts on ATS attempting to correct the misuse of BP's company name.

You guys know the power of marketing and the keyword "British Petroleum" is no more than just a keyword. For over a decade they have been know as BP and if you want to include their PR machine, then they wanted BP to stand for Beyond Petroleum.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Shareholders

Originally posted by Chevalerous

reply to post by Jed1Knight

What do you think the name of the company was before their PR machine convinced them it should be changed to "BP"?

A little research REALLY goes a long way mate.

Springer...

It's almost like the American Oil industry and the Obama administration want to whip up Anti-British sentiments among the American public by pointing their finger at the Brits and distance themselves from the problems and risks & dangers inherent in deepwater drilling.

But doesn't it smell like a conspiracy against the Brits by other Oil Corporations, and a golden opportunity to paint themselves to look a tad better to the American public with some good ol' American PR to save their own sorry butts and their industry from bad PR?

I deleted my prior post about the subliminal rhetoric used by the American media / president and it was a surprise to be fair in this video.

It was alluded to that another British company are a front with credit suisse etc. Any person with a head on their shoulders can see that many sticky little fingers are in many pies and the use of British in the name can cause friction. This can be evidenced by many threads and posts on this site at least.

www.corporatewatch.org.uk is indeed a fountain of information.

would it be possible to report from the Gulf States soon

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Once again, I haven't yet read any of this thread but am almost thru the video. What you are accomplishing here is absolutely spot on. This is another h u g e chip away at the block of corruption and cover-up of government submissiveness to big business.

Way to go to educating the public. This is an absolutely essential service you are doing for us all.

CX

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by wayno

Agreed.

I am always interested in conspiracies, however with most i'm content to just read and forget to a degree.

These videos have left me with a serious "want" to dig deeper into that rabbit hole.

To be honest, i think that if a video can evoke reponses like we are seeing here, with the investigative skills of many of our members....many corporations may find themselves in the firing line when the dirt starts being dished.

CX.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   
100 years ago we had no oil and horses. 100 years from now we will have no oil or horses. The very survival of mankind may hang in the balance. There is no magic bullet, not nuclear, the sun, wind, hydrogen or new inventions will ever replace oil because it's portable. We need to look back to a time before oil to survive the future. We may have electricity if we make it without fire but personal transportation will be limited. Horses can work all day powered simply by grass and may be part of the future mix of our limited future energy sources To eradicate our Wild Mustangs, Sea life, oceans, air, mountain tops, and lands for a few years of status quo is illogical and will eliminate any hope of surviving the future.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by truthy-bird

Please and I beg the people in the usa, stop buying BP product, go to some other gaz station, take extra 15min for the detour, it`s worth-it !

If everyone did that there would be no money at all to help repair the devastation on people. You need to buy BP before they are declared bankrupt and crawl up the botty of their buddies to form a new form.

EXXON still not paying in 2006, no pressure from Palin or Bush!!!

www.southernstudies.org...

Meanwhile, Exxon is also facing fire for failing to pay the federal government and the government of Alaska the total amount it agreed to pay for the 1989 Exxon Valdez spill, which caused an estimated $15 billion in damages.

20 years after the Exxon Valdez people are still waiting for payouts, communities have been destroyed, health has been destroyed and what do the senate do ...
Supreme Court cuts $2.5 billion penalty in Exxon

Thanks for the info on the mustangs, I grew up with horses and was riding for many years.. it is disgusting disregard for life. As much as I love them and this is a great report the unfolding horror in the gulf and the removal of rights of the people are mind blowing.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

We were trying to make sure an MANY PEOPLE as possible saw the video via searching Google. That's it, nothing more.

The founder, one of the three owners of ATS (Simon Gray) and a very dear friend/business partner of ours, is British and my mother's family emigrated from England, we LOVE the UK and Britain. I am the son of immigrants to the U.S. (I was born here, but 5 of my 6 siblings were not)

When BP buys up all the top search returns for "British Petroleum" and BP we find it fair play to do the same in our own way (Google Page Rank Strength, rather than buying, in our case).

That's it, nothing more nothing less.

We certainly DON'T think the U.K. is a "nefarious country" or, should take the blame for ANYTHING. Just look at what U.S. Corps have done over the years and it becomes comical.

Springer...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
I took time out of my busy schedule to watch BOTH videos and I was absolutely shocked by the information presented in Part 2...

I grew up in Northeastern Oklahoma where Mustangs probably used to roam the open fields. My High School mascot was even, you guessed it, The Mustangs. I am in disbelief and not only because it's come public that the MMS has been cozy with "Big Oil" for decades. Not just because BP plans on building a pipeline through the place but because there is PROOF of all this taking place. If you consider the fact that BP is buying out whoever it can to make this pipeline possible, the entire gulf oil disaster might have been purposefully created to justify what they call "safer" oil drilling on the American mainland. And in that case they would be more justified and supported by the government in building these new pipelines and all the support facilities required (which could easily make them more money than they ever dreamed).

f you take the time to watch the videos you will be absolutely shocked, regardless of your political views. And it all makes absolute sense considering the "cozy" relationship the MMS has had with "Big Oil" for decades.

What amazes me most about all this is that it is all being justified and orchestrated such that the American taxpayer gets the bill for taking care of these Mustangs to the tune of $10 million (if not more) when most of us don't even know about it.

The proof is in not only in what we now publicy know about these government agencies and "Big Oil", but because documents exist proving the conspiracy is taking place when noone has a clue what's going on.

“How dumb do they think we are? It’s as if they think we fell asleep on a nuclear reactor and our brains had melted, and we are now nothing more than pieces of meat with eyes.”
-Lewis Black

-ChriS

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Springer

Let's get something straight... The ISSUE isn't about Britain. It's about US Government Employees cozying up to Big Oil and Big Agriculture.

Yeah! I know! and thanks again for the great work & the videos and for bringing this to our attention

The fact BP has bought up all the first returns on "British Petroleum" in Google says it all, they know that name is still out there and it's what lots of people think of them as. If they wanted to get rid of the name in the public mind, they could have chosen something a little more clever than "BP" as a replacement.

Hehe! But...but! the New BP (after the merger with the American Amoco) the new name stands for: Beyond Petroleum

Haven't you seen all their ads and videos about new renewable & sustainable energy from BP these recent years?

But seriously!... if you guys can use google index engines to your advantage and get this story out to a broader audience and reach more people with this story by using British Petroleum instead of just BP I'd say, go for it! - I'm so sorry! I didn't even think of the google search engine when I first posted in this thread. And thanks for reminding me about their index thingy, now it's crystal clear to me why this logical approach was used - and I salute you for this of course!

This is an important story that needs to get out! and I think that most people would agree with this very obvious method.

Many thanks to you and SO for explaining this for me!

Everybody knows BP is a multinational oil company like every other major is.

Oh man! I think you would be quite surprised if I told you the opposite then?

Actually, I have seen so many posts here and elsewhere on the net from people who still believe that BP still stands for British Petroleum and that the company is still a completely 100% british company.

Let's get this straight...I am absolutely in no way, shape or form defending or endorsing a Big Oil Corporation and especially not the new multinational BP nor the old company British Petroleum which was completely British owned.

Everyone who knows me or have read any of my posts know that I very much dislike the modus operandi of soulless multinationals and other big Corporations in general - and my posts here on ATS often reflects this.

I was just a bit annoyed and tired to hear Obama and all the other goofballs on TV parroting and repeating the old name of British Petroleum all of the time and kept insisting on using it instead of explaining the correct circumstances regarding the new ownership of the British/American company and its new name: BP Beyond Petroleum which is almost like the old BP

They were repeating the old name (British Petroleum) so much in such strange manner it felt like an indoctrination and brainwashing session of an agenda to program the TV viewer.

And it bothered me a little!

MSM TV news are so annoying!

Let's focus on what's happening and not worry about national pride so much. This isn't about whose big oil company is the worst.

Yes of course!

Heck! I am not even English nor American and I'm not overly nationalistic and care too much about hardcore national pride since I'd rather prefer to see myself as a world citizen who most of the time thinks that borders are just an old outdated silly concept of lines drawn on a map of our small planet!

It IS about U.S. Government employees who are selling our heritage to the provider of the best gifts/graft. I am more disgusted with these government employees than I am the big corporations who are using every advantage to increase their shareholders wealth. That's the job of executives, make the shareholders investment the largest ROI possible.

Yes, political corruption by people who work for their government and by the representatives of the people are currupted with perks and gifts from different corporations

But I guess we see the cause of this problem a bit differently you and I?

You seem to be more disgusted by the Government employess who are letting themselves to be corrupted, rather than the source of the corruption itself - the pesky fascistic mega corporations who are buying/corrupting the politicians and our societies?

But I'd rather forgive the little man and put the blame on the soulless corruptor entity of our societies directly at the source instead.

These government employees need to be fired and brought up on charges where it's proven they failed us for personal benefit. The Public Lands policy needs to reviewed and reformed to make sure the tax payers are getting a fair deal for the exploitation of our resources and that the Federal Laws enacted to protect the wildlife are being obeyed/enforced.

Yes, I completely agree.

WRT "the range can't support the Mustangs"...

If you actually listen to what's said in the report you'll know the horses are being denied the resources on their land via fences that block them from grazing and water in favor of cattle and sheep who reside within the fences where the water and grass grows. That is why the range can't support the Mustang herd. The range has been stolen from the Mustangs.

Yes of course! I have seen the videos twice yesterday and read the reports and then some of the documents you posted - and I was damn angry to see how they had fenced out the horses from their water etc!

It's so damn sad and a shame really! and I really hope for a better destiny for these beautiful wild roaming Mustangs!

And I hope that you guys in the US can get this information out to the rest of the people in your country by any means possible - a public outcry and protests against this is urgently needed before it's to late and all horses are gone forever!

Pesky wildhorse killers!

[edit on 6-7-2010 by Chevalerous]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 11:48 PM
link   
in to days world it is not often that i find a more true, honest story than this! i am almost thoughtless as to being overwhelmed by emotion, too many to list. have we lost all that was right! have we lost the last remaining west the true spirit of the west? will our efforts be enough? will our voices be heard? and can we stop it put it to an end? Has our govt become a tyrant? a house of tyranny? is there way to take back control of our land with out corporate influence? just some questions we must ask not only of our self but of our elected officials. what laws, do we the people have, that we can use, to stop them form this madness.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   
The people in government agencies who are "on the take" from big business have for years been free, apparently, to operate without any oversight from the public. Or is it that big business controls the media to such an extent that the "public" thinks its all hunky dory?

Maybe its a bit of both. It seems to me that it is not really all that difficult to figure out what to do about it. Restricting the influence of big business should not be all that difficult once everyone gets on that particular bandwagon and agrees that it has to be controlled.

How to get a majority of the public in that camp is the problem.

Videos like these, if they get enough exposure will go a long way to that end. Nice job, well done. Now lets get it out there.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
Thank you to spread this subject!

This exactly the type of human actitude that makes me wish to run to a Pacific desert island , eating coconuts and be "ruled" by a "government" of local monkeys for the rest of my life!!
For sure i will be much better "ruled" then by the humans...

[edit on 6/7/10 by Umbra Sideralis]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:59 AM
link   
Great report, sad though that as usual nature is duped bt human greed.

I dug a bit into the money-trail.

Lots of corporations indeed stacked onto each other,

Like you said Global infrastructure partners made a 1,5 billion dollar deal with El Paso corp.

Li nk

One of the partners from GIP is East India Petro.

www.global-infra.com...

Then we get this from 2007, Zeus Infra Management bought over 70% of East India Petro

Private equity firm Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP) on Wednesday said it has acquired 74 per cent stake in East India Petroleum Ltd (EIPL). The stake was bought by GIP through a joint venture with Zeus Inframanagement, a company release said here. GIP holds 80 per cent equity stake in the JV with Zeus Inframanagement

from www.indiape.com...

Zeus Inframanagement is owned again by GIP at 80%

www.capvent.com...

this from 2008

Another similar deal was when Global Infrastructure Partners (GIP), an infrastructure sector focused private equity firm backed by Credit Suisse and General Electric, formed a joint venture with Delhi-based private equity fund Zeus Inframanagement to pick up a 74% stake in Vizag-based East India Petroleum Ltd.

in.reuters.com...

BP en GE work together, so the circle is round again.

BP and GE to make new hydrogen energy

But what I found more interesting personally was that one of the major holders (2nd) of El Paso Corporation is again State Street Corporation, that bank has more tentacles than Goldman Sachs.

finance.yahoo.com...

State Street Corporation is also the main holder of Exxon, Chrevron, BP and Halliburton

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I hope this information helps a bit, it was about all I could find.

GM

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 12:05 PM
link   
This is an interesting story and wanted to highlight some facts regarding the Ruby Ridge Pipeline. The document appended to this ATS News story regarding BP is a Transportation Precedent Agreement detailing, among other things, the shipping capacity desired by the supplier (BP in this case).

However, according to a pdf document (Google: 11_Ruby_Tom_Price.pdf) located on the California Energy Commission website, dated May 14 2009, there are 11 committed shippers including: PG&E, Anadarko, BP, Shipper A, Shell, Bill Barrett, Berry Petroleum, Marathon, Antero, Occidental and Nexen. All are agreeing to different volumes of gas to be transported through the Ruby pipeline. As stated in this document and backed-up in the Transportation Precedent Agreement, BP wants to ship 95,000 MDth/d through the agreed term of the 10-year lease. BP is by no means the largest shipper. According to the El Paso document on the Energy Commission website, PG&E, Anadarko and Shipper A all intend to output more volume of gas than BP.

I will contest that the BP/Ruby Pipeline document is no more a smoking gun than the other Transportation Precedent Agreements signed between Ruby Pipeline and the other committed suppliers mentioned above.

A Google search for: ruby pipeline transportation precedent agreement anadarko (first result on the page) brings up their TPA agreement with Ruby Pipeline. The same agreement as BP signed.

Search Google for: ruby pipeline transportation precedent agreement shell (first result on the page) brings up Shell's Ruby Pipeline TPA agreement.

I agree that oil and gas could be probable contenders to removing the horses from their land, but the document produced in this expose is the same agreement between the 10 other committed Ruby Pipeline suppliers as per the pdf from the California Energy Commission website.

Edit to correct a link.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by LarryLove]

[edit on 6-7-2010 by LarryLove]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join