It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lie of the century... George Walker Bush

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:02 PM
link   
wether gwb was/is an idiot is irrelevant as the presidency is a facade...a lead actor in a soap. his job is to read or memorize the prompter, wave and smile and generally look austere. the real power of course is with the director, producer and screen writer... the unholy trinity of cheney, rumsfield and wolfowitz.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by spec_ops_wannabe

Gotta love the paranoia on these threads like usual, trying to portray the man as some evil mastermind as always

What part od tyranny isn't evil? What part of trampling the Constitution isn't tyranny? Lets see, the lying that got us into OIF and OEF that has killed thousands of my brothers and hundreds of thousands of my alleged enemies, the warrantless wire-tapping, the bank-bailouts and the corporate welfare and favoritism, over that of the people, yet you wonder why some may think he was evil.

He wasn't by any means a bumbling idiot, consider this: He's getting old, he's dealing with the stresses of being the POTUS, most of the country hated him, HEALTH COMPLICATIONS anyone?

While I agree with you that he wasn't a bumbling idiot, obviously, I don't buy your excuse for it. We have seen Presidents of a more elderly age, yet they didn't seem to break down. Why is it that Bush happens to be the only one? Why was there no precedent? Surely, it would have happened to someone else if that were the case. This is not even mentioning the fact that his lack of intelligence seemed to occur right after being elected. To me, this looks as if he was marketing a persona, just as he did with the whole "Texan" thing.

I'd be stressed as hell if everyone else was at my neck 24/7 while I'm trying to manage 2 wars, domestic policy, a crashing economy, etc. all at the same time

Wars that he started, from lies. He started those wars based on lies. He knew they were lies so I don't buy that poor old Bush was having a hard time with them. He shouldn't have lied to us to get us into those wars. He shouldn't have allowed corporate America to rape the economy and the economy wouldn't have gone south. He shouldn't have raped the Constitution and his domestic policies wouldn't have been so unpopular.

And on the note that of the people who elected him in being morons? I'm sorry, when did anyone of us say this was a forsaken democracy? You sir are the moron for thinking that America elects it's President by mob, the States elect the President by the Electoral College. Go get an education on American Government before posting here again OP.

Well maybe if you would have actually read through the thread, you would see that I never called those who voted him for him "morons". Maybe you should actually take two a minute to comprehend the information given, before coming to a conclusion. This is probably the reason that you fail to see the damage caused by this man. Maybe this is the reason why you fail to see that there is very little difference between the Republican party and the Democratic party and instead that they are just but two different sides to the same coin.

For all those that believe the BS about Bush being a conservative, you have been mislead on what conservatism is. Bush spent more money than most liberal Democrats. Bush grew government more than any other President in recent history and possibly all American history. This man was far from conservative, though they tell you he was so you believe it. This is the reason why our country is in the trouble that it's in.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
I always likened Bush's success to that of Paris Hilton. She somehow became successful despite being an idiot and a tramp.

However, I never did any research of my own on Bush and just believed what I was told to believe by the TV.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson
I always likened Bush's success to that of Paris Hilton. She somehow became successful despite being an idiot and a tramp.

However, I never did any research of my own on Bush and just believed what I was told to believe by the TV.

Another good example of The People being played in order to help empty their wallets.

Paris Hilton isn't stupid. She was caught flat footed by the sextape thing...and then turned it around into a money maker for her. It pushed her "celebrity" to an ever higher level. And, considering one of her money makers is being paid to attend parties so stupid people can think the party thrower is cool (she gets a HUGE amount per appearance in this manner, while getting free liquor).

Paris Hilton isn't stupid. The public is.

edit to add some linkage:

www.eonline.com...

There are videos of her sounding much more intelligent than "That's hot." I saw one once that was a "behind the scenes" where she talks about how she manipulates her image to make the most money from it. Sounded pretty genius to me.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
Bush in the early years was always able to remember parrot fashion and regurgitate what he was told. It was only when he strayed off piste that his inability to think independently became obvious. As the yeasr went on this became harder to the point he often needed a voice in his ear to become any where near to coherent.

Bush jr is a victim of trauma based mind control and generational abuse.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Personaly i think he puts on an act because he just doesnt give a #. Every president will know that technicaly, on paper, they are the most powerful men on the planet, but thats not really how it works out. You may have a 4 star general who spent most of his life in the pentagon and on the boards of a dozen of the largest weapons manufacturers in the world and may spend his weekend golfing with high court judges and influential senators, who at any time can turn the entire senate and media against you. Or worse motorcade your ass in Dallas.

So being that the case, i think some presidents know they dont really have any power and know they are just the corporate face so, like Bush they decide to # about and take the piss. And why should he care?, he cant #ing do anything, all his speeches are scripted, his movements and press time pre co ordinated, thats the deal when you take office so you may aswell use it to make as much money as possible while your there and gather as much influence and power while you can.

Being the president is just like any other job i guess, it just has a #ton of awesome perks.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
If I were the President (a very, very long shot) and there really is a mysterious cabal holding the puppet strings, then I would beef up my security and blow everything out of the water. I would bring it all to light, even if I had to use my enemies to do so. My life wouldn't be nearly as important as the preservation of liberty, freedom and the Republic. I would do everything in my power to do put it all out in the open, while protecting my arse like the pope does, with a large bullet-proof box.

However, I could assume that it is not only the threat of death that has the balls tied of the President, if in fact there is some mysterious power with their hands on the puppet strings. I would imagine that they hold some type of damning info, that could be released as a scandal, whether it's framed or not. They may not even pick people to run for President if they don't have something on them. That, or they just have a way to cleverly frame that individual.

With all of this being said, I'm not so sure that their is some secret cabal controlling the White House, in the manner to which many believe. I have no doubt that there are mysterious influences on government, I'm just not so sure it is as many believe it to be, though I remain open to the idea and would never count it out without the proper evidence or proof. I have however seen enough convincing evidence to be pretty sure that there are some type of secret influences that ties the hands of government.

As far as Bush is concerned, I believe he was much closer to those forces than say Obama, Clinton, Carter or Reagan. I believe Bush W's father and possibly Bush W. himself, to be a part of those mysterious forces. I'm not 100 percent certain but I'm close to it, based upon the research that I have conducted.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
If I were the President (a very, very long shot) and there really is a mysterious cabal holding the puppet strings, then I would beef up my security and blow everything out of the water. I would bring it all to light, even if I had to use my enemies to do so. My life wouldn't be nearly as important as the preservation of liberty, freedom and the Republic. I would do everything in my power to do put it all out in the open, while protecting my arse like the pope does, with a large bullet-proof box.

and there is the problem. The folks who get elected are vetted through their parties, and are not the protective types. They are the self-survival types.

People like you and I would never get elected.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
The difference in the video is pretty simple- the questions were given before the "debate" when he was younger and he clearly had rehearsed and memorized his responses.

For the presidential debates he was being fed answers through a receiver in his ear because the questions weren't known in advance. In some debates you can see him talking to the person on the other end of the transmitter.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Hemisphere

I apologize ahead of time MODS for getting of post.

Its agenst my better judgement to reply to you but you gave me such a thrashing I feel something needs to be said.

I don't really care what a pompass #%$ like yourself thinks but to insult someone for there spelling shows me what kind of person you are,we can't all be as perfect as you no doubt think you are.

To have spent a very large post just on me I must have said something to tick you off so it hasen't been a total waste.

As for my signature,I think it fits someone like you very well really.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by okachobi

Do you have proof or evidence to support such a claim? In any case, experts at the presidential level can pretty much know what questions are going to be asked, based upon historical analysis and other forms of advanced research. In fact, I would be willing to bet that he was more aware of the questions coming at him in the Kerry debate, over the '94 gubernatorial debate.

Furthermore, his answers aren't so much in question as much as the way he articulates his responses and pronounces his words. Also, I remember when he was Governor, he was not anywhere close to the perceived competence level that he was after being elected to the White House. Even during the campaign leading up to the election that put him in the WH, he seemed far "smarter" than directly after the election.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 03:45 AM
link   
congrats on having one of the most agreeable OPs on all of ats!

wow.

i thought i'd seen it all. talking to conspiracy theorists gets old hat usually. but i've never heard this theory. i know its been out there for a while, from reading the replies. but i am glad you wrote this.

this is directly out of the Art of War. hold something in front of your opponent that he must grab at.

deception is strategy and not only are these people tactical geniuses, but so are all their bloodlines going all the way back. now its like common sense when i think about it.

i've heard about the alcohol and coke. but i never heard him speak from ten plus years ago.

i know a coke head or two. and they sure dont speak slowly or fumble their words. alcoholics can, though not all do. i'd say mental deterioration is highly unlikely. no matter the stress. from selective breeding we can assume he's not prone to the physical problems most of us are. like early senility. thats a laugh! and if he was mentally unsound he wouldve been voted out of his companies. which he still rules as viciously as ever no doubt.

mental deterioration due to stress is usually manifested in much much different ways. like when yenehc shot that dude. that mayve been stress related.

i even used to think he couldntve been smart enough to pull all that off (i thought it was all his agenda though), but now? that sociopathic son of a...

but yeah. fush is the same as amabo. different suits, same faction.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

You guys here really dont understand do you. You and the mainstream are a perfect example of that actually bush did his job with perfect margin. Its all tactic.

I wont inform of what i know about this tactic,but while the media got a little glitch of bush looking like a very unintelligent person it gave him time to do his job. George bush was a tactical political genius even at young age. Senior\Junior bush,Clinton,Obama are apart of together with the other leaders of the world on a tactical front wich will benefit us in the future. It was a deal made in 1951 about future,politics economy and more.

Do you REALLY think an idiot can get inside the whitehouse?? I mean seriously?? Try get inside DISNEY CHANNEL- even they have an almost impossible application.

Bush is a genius-Fact. Opinions cant change facts.

Besides, the mainstream is looked up as cows,unintelligent cows. Just look at many of the Opinions here. The opinions lack information and logic.

Am very glad when the deal is done in 15 months. Bye bye human trash can.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by Archirvion]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
I think most people here would agree that the one event in modern history which truly and literally "changed everything" was the assassination of JFK in November 1963.

But what many here may not know is that the very forces responsible for his murder are still in control. Yes, it seems like it was a lifetime ago. After all, in a mere three years time JFK will have been dead for 50 years. But consider:

1. Richard M. Nixon - McCarthyism, The Domino Theory, Vietnam, etc...etc... But also friends with,
2. George Herbert Walker Bush - CIA man since at least 1961 and head of the CIA in the early 1970s
3. Richard "Dick" Cheney - Worked for the Nixon, Reagan and GHWB administrations

W is connected to all of these people, and it was publicly admitted that GHWB had an active hand in the US gov't during the reign of his son "King George II"

Those whom we today refer to as TPTB have been in positions of power and influence in one form or another since those dark days at the end of 1963. Remember, they are also closely linked to those who came before them. In other words, while they are still living they can actively remember the acts of those who were born as late as the end of the 19th century. There is a link.

[edit on 5-7-2010 by dovdov]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:17 PM
link   
Just a theory but before he became president GW seemed poised, articulate, confident and intelligent. Is it possible he became the stuttering idiot because he became a puppet in office and couldn't be himself. Maybe he lost all confidence because he was expected to do things he didn't want to do and didn't know how to act confidently to cover up his feelings. So he just came through sounding and looking like a stuttering idiot. Hmmm??? Loss of confidence will do that. Not to say that's what happened.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by dovdov

Great thread and tons of great replies.... Yeah the big kicker for me too is the fact that GB senior has been in the CIA since 2 weeks before JFK got shot (from what I have read)

And he told Carter "no, you don't have clearance" when Carter asked for the UFO files....

It sure doesn't take much imagination to wonder about just how much stuff GB senior knows about all kinds of special access projects and what not... I bet that rabbit hole has no bottom...

And he probably divulged much to his son GW... The temptations a person would face having knowledge of such things gives food for thought..

It was always obvious to me personally that the Bushs used the knowledge they had for a lot of things secret and dark, and the real kicker was how they were portrayed as conservatives, but their actions ALWAYS entailed a heavily progressive leaning as if they were following some hidden agenda.. exactly like a sheep in wolf's clothing.. just like almost everyone of power is doing.. I think the curtain of deception must fall at some point hopefully soon..

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Another thing that shows GWB's intelligence, IMO, was the way he exited the stage and remains quiet. I mean this guy is doing everything just right, as far as staying out of the minds of Americans. He got away with murder and he knows it. Most other president's would weight in with an opinion here and there but Bush stays mum, one of his smartest moves, IMO.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 23 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   
I'm not sure if I believe this was an act. I will agree the image of him being a family man/rancher in the heart of Texas may have been for Brownie points but I think he had a huge drinking and chemical addiction.

I deeply feel he used/abused coc aine quite a bit. It's been said he was arrested for possession of coke when he was younger and it's been publicly acknowledged he's gotten one or two DUIs (as did his daughter) so....it's not too hard to fathom he was still using drugs in Washington! Because honestly....?..... anybody who says:
"They misunderestimated me." and "Rarely is the question asked: Is our children learning?" clearly must have a few brain cells missing. Ya just can't fake that sort of ignorance.

Edit for grammar (like that matters due to the topic of this thread!)

[edit on 23-7-2010 by One Moment]

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6   >>

join