It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lie of the century... George Walker Bush

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by CaptChaos

He was born in Connecticut, and somehow got into Yale despite dismal grades in prep school, where he excelled as a CHEERLEADER and graduated with a SOLID C AVERAGE! A shining example of upper class education!

Any evidence of his grades in prep-school? Sources? Also, as stated in the OP, it's one thing to have your connections get you into a school and it is an entirely different thing to graduate with a degree. It's really up to your professors, what grades you make and most college students/graduates know that professors are some of the most stubborn people on the planet. I highly doubt that all of his professors would have cared who is family is or what connections he may have.

This stunning performance, plus the head of the CIA threatening the Dean, got him into Harvard for grad school, no easy feat!

His father was not the head of the CIA then. In the fall of 1973, Bush started his graduate studies at Harvard, after already graduating Yale. His father did not become the Director of the CIA until 1976.

And after graduating Magna Cum Nothing, he breezed right in to the National Guard flight school, only Top Gun type guys need apply! I'm pretty sure here he failed all his flight training after a couple of DUIs, and eventually went AWOL, but Daddy Warbucks greased all skids for him, no problem.

As far as flight school, there is no such thing as National Guard Flight School, it is the same flight school that the Air Force uses so it isn't like it is any less of a flight school. Just like the colleges, his connections could have gotten him into the school but there is no way that those connections made him pass. For one thing, the NCOs and officers of the school as well as his fellow students would want to put their lives on the line for someone who couldn't hack the academics of flight school, the most important part. Connections may get you into the school but they sure aren't going to get you through the school.

Also, there is evidence to suggest that he didn't go AWOL, rather he became a CIA agent and most likely flew sorties for Air America, a CIA front company in Vietnam and Laos. Such a scenario makes perfect sense if you ask me.

His father at the time had ties with the CIA, though he was not yet the Director of the agency (not until 1976). If you want to rush an agent through flight school, doing it through a commission in the National Guard would be the way to go. It would be the easiest way to conceal the military training.

Oil, the stuff that sells itself! Yet he managed to run it bankrupt.

Actually, his company didn't sell oil, they searched for it. Back in those days, the science wasn't where it is today so knowing where the oil was, was anyone's guess. Also, it is arguable that this company was just a front company anyway.

All in all, it's easy to believe what the MSM shoves down our throat but after really looking into it, things don't add up while the evidence in your independent research does. The picture that this evidence draws, is something completely different from the liberal and media hype surrounding the man.

--airspoon

[edit on 3-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I don't put a whole lot of stock in being a "real" Texan. Davy Crockett wasn't a "real Texan", and he is one of our greatest heroes. LOL

Blasphemy!
Nah, at least Davy did something heroic in defense of Texas and since Texas owes its vert existence, at least in part, to Davy, we can consider him a true Texan. All Bush did, was make Texas the butt of many jokes. I'll trade Davy for Bush any day!

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
No, I think we all know who the morons are: those who voted that guy in - twice!

I don't think I need a second line, do you?

I am glad I voted for Bush twice!

Better than the idiot we have currently in office.

But I get what the OP is getting at. I believe also Bush learned from Lee Attwater. Lee was by far the most genius at bringing in somebody and making that somebody as a president. Even democrats would of said if Lee was alive today Obama nor Clinton would of been president.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon

I don't put a whole lot of stock in being a "real" Texan. Davy Crockett wasn't a "real Texan", and he is one of our greatest heroes. LOL

Blasphemy!
Nah, at least Davy did something heroic in defense of Texas and since Texas owes its vert existence, at least in part, to Davy, we can consider him a true Texan. All Bush did, was make Texas the butt of many jokes. I'll trade Davy for Bush any day!

--airspoon

touche'

and for good measure, touche' again.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

I don't imagine this part of Appalachia would be all that different from Texas. After all, this is where Davy is from.
For me, it's kind of an "All Hat, No Cattle" kind of thing.
Something dishonest about pretending to be someone you're not.
If Rand Paul goes to Washington barefoot, it doesn't make him a hillbilly.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 23refugee

While I agree with you, if Rand said he was a hillbilly, Most Americans would believe it without ever even thinking to question it. I have come to the conclusion that most Americans couldn't think for themselves if their freedom and liberty depended on it.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

They won't or can't and it does. I like to think people aren't stupid, just naive. Guess that makes me naive too.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
Star and flag.

But I think Cocaine.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:26 AM
link   

I think people are stupid and I think it's because of the prescription drugs, fluoride and television. "Naive" is putting it lightly, IMO.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Interesting read, I definitely agree with most of your theory. No matter who your connections may be they can't do everything for you.

I always felt that the major example of this was that he was a legitimate jet pilot. I'm sure his daddy's connection got him in the position but I would imagine it's pretty hard to fake it once there.

As for college he was a pretty mediocre student but a lot of people who are still go on to be wildly successful. I think he got a 1300 on his sats which puts him in the 120-135 IQ range. Not the moron people would like to believe. Did he make awful decisions and accept bad advice? Of course. Was he a poor public speaker? Yes. Does that male him stupid? Absolutely not.

In regards to his image. Yes I agree his image was manipulated, just like every political person ever. He was made to appeal to the half of the country that is blue collar, even if he wasn't.

He ran against al gore. You could argue That gore was seen as a very stiff, intellectual, snoby guy with questionable morals from his association with a tainted bill Clinton. The Republicans had to run a candidate That was the opposite of gore. They created That image in the vessel of George bush. Don't forget this country is pretty much 50/50 on a vast number of topics that usually split Down party lines. In only take a tiny advantage or convincing to win.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by drock905]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:00 AM
link   
I have yet to see a politician who is anything like the image they are selling. And its just going to get worse now that corps are allowed to sink in as much money as they want to back who they want. I think the main reason that went through tho is to help hide the true sources who pull all the strings.

I do agree that Jr. looked a complete moron. I do believe he was probably smarter than he looked, how smart I dont know. Most of his deer in the headlight looks seemed to me to be more along the lines of "they told me not to answer that, what do i say?" as some others mentioned earlier. I dont think he got himself elected and I think who/what ever did was his main concearn most of the time and made him look absent minded and elsewhere.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:29 AM
link   
I support this theory. S&F. I hope dubya reads it and snips his pants

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

Wouldn't that be something if dubbya was a member of ATS? If he is, he is one of the ones spreading all of the disinfo, even around the rest of the internets.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I think people are stupid and I think it's because of the prescription drugs, fluoride and television. "Naive" is putting it lightly, IMO.

--airspoon

No, no, . I don't agree with this.

People are by nature followers of the mass opinion. This is because they want to fit in.
People have always fallen for manipulative schemes. It is easy to influence a large group of people. Even Hitler said it. I don't think he fluoridate the water back then.

They are also naive and lazy . They let others think for them.

Maybe we are kept docile some way, but I don't think it is necessary to go through extremes to play the people.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

reply to post by dragonsmusic

Wouldn't that be something if dubbya was a member of ATS? If he is, he is one of the ones spreading all of the disinfo, even around the rest of the internets.

--airspoon

I'm sorry. Who is dubbya ?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

Hitler was able to captivate the population by playing on real emotions of the public. I won't go into too much but the German population felt that the German Jewish population had betrayed them during WWI, ultimately making Germany lose the war. Germany had apparently pretty much won the war and offered lucrative peace terms with the British. The German Jews wanting to take over Palestine, made an agreement with the British to get America into the war, if the British allowed the Jews into Palestine, which was controlled by the British at that time. The Brits having all but lost the war, had no other choice but to make this deal. America entered the war on behalf of Britain and at the behest of the Jews, pretty much bringing Germany to her knees. which ultimately resulted in the Treaty of Versailles, bankrupting Germany and making her give up territory.

The Jews had just been successful at creating the central banking system in the US and so had much clout, allowing them to bring America into the war against Germany. During the first half of WWI, the American people didn't look down on Germany all too badly and in fact, the German u-boats would dock in our harbors but after the Jewish elites were still able to pressure America into the war. The world's Jews had much power at that time, finally establishing a central banking system in America and also winning the Bolshevik Revolution in Russia.

After WWI was finally lost by Germany at the hands of America, the German public found out about the secret deal between the British and German Jews, causing a popular backlash against the Jews. Up until that time, the Jews in Germany had it very well, as they were accepted in Germany better than anywhere else in history. The Germans felt betrayed, which gave the Nazi party legs to stand on and a very popular platform. The Nazis then used the Jews tendency towards communism to further the anti-Jewish sentiment to strengthen their platform.

So, while the Nazis only played off of already popular opinion, the US actually forms popular opinion. There is no doubt in my mind that the American public of today is far less aware than the German public in the first half of the 20th century and what makes this all the more frustrating, is that we have an easy means to find the truth when the populations of yesterday didn't have such a means. There is absolutely no excuse for such ignorance today.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:47 AM
link   

Yes I'm aware.

I always have loved history. Only numbers and dates I can never remember.

However I do think their is an ignorance present which is a result of decades of indoctrination or even some sort of mind control.

The Nazi's grew on an already existing feeling of being used. From there they used fear and propaganda to achieve a common state of mind.

I see almost the same happening in the US.

How many of America's young men marched to their death, proud to be part of a war that is commony known to be based on lies.

The US patriotism is by far the most ridiculous form of indoctrination in existence.
It actually makes people proud to die protecting their country, on the other side of the globe where there are no treats to the US at all. Except for the role as agressor, invading another country.

This patriotism has been feed to US citizens from the day they were born isn't

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinter Klaas

While I agree with you that indoctrination plays an integral part in the ignorance of the American population, I would have to disagree that soldiers are marching off to war due to some false perception of patriotism. Sure, there may be one or two, however most are fighting because of the guy to the right or left of him and believe it or not, many actually care for the Afghanis and Iraqis that they are fighting for or that they believe they are fighting for. I don't think I can name one of my brothers in arms that isn't disillusioned with lies of the civilian leadership. However, they are their because of the lies of the civilian leadership.

I believe that patriotism has it's rightful place, though I also believe that patriotism is being abused to manipulate people into sinister things. I have patriotism because I believe in freedom and liberty, while others don't. I have patriotism because I love the land that I consider to be my home. None of this patriotism even so much as resembles any political agenda presented by our current leaders, though the patriotism is there.

Just my 2 cents.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

I agree. It's the wag the dog side of the Government. Been going on for years and years. It's like Obama suddenly has some gray hair. I look at the footage and say.. what.. where did that come from. He didn't have that yesterday. It's America Hollywood style. They show the images they want lasting to the people so they can write their own history. I believe very little of it is real.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

Then we agree.

Patriotism is a good thing. We should all be proud of the place that we call our home. Just not so much that we will kill for it.

How does it work actually ? Is there still military duty or is the army a voluntary thing.

You and every other soldier are what make those lies worth it. It is a big problem, but without soldiers willing to fight for a lie...

[edit on 7/4/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join