It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The lie of the century... George Walker Bush

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+31 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:43 PM
link   
Who was George Walker Bush? Upon posing this question, most people would automatically think that he was a bumbling buffoon from Texas who got elected to the White House twice, once from a technicality and the other due to fear mongering and an ignorant public. This could be the biggest conspiracy of our times. Whether you supported GWB or not, almost all would agree that he wasn't the sharpest tool in the shed. In fact, many people would argue that Bush was so stupid and incompetent that there is no way that Bush could have done half the things that he is accused of doing. I happen to think otherwise and I'll tell you why in a moment but for now, please watch this short video of Bush in a debate from his '94 bid for TX Governor. Not only does he speak clearly and eloquently, but he is also articulate in getting his point across, something that is foreign from the Bush that most people are familiar with. Why Did he change? Is GWB's stupidity and persona the biggest lie of the century, designed to allow him to rape the economy and country?

Before getting into anything else, I'd like to mention the intent of this thread. The intent of this thread is only to put forth a theory and to display some evidence pointing to said theory. Some people might say something to the effect of, "well, who cares about Bush, he is no longer President anymore and therefore he is irrelevant". To this, I have to completely disagree. He is very relevant, seeing how his hands are still in the pie. GWB and his cohorts are still influential with not only the neo-conservative political movement in this country, but also through corporate interests. If you haven't noticed, corporate interests play a huge role in influencing policy in this country, no matter which Republocrat runs the White House at any given time.

We also have to look at the government, as it is a popular trend to staff certain positions with former administration officials. Obama did it even though he ran a campaign of supposed change and GWB was no different. It would be foolish to think that when the next Republican President gets into office, s/he won't bring back certain powerful neo-con stalwarts to continue their agenda. So, with that out of the way, lets move along to find out just who George Walker Bush really is.

We first have to ask if dubbya is really a Texan as he portrays himself to be. Sure, we have all seen the images of Bush wearing a cowboy hat and clearing brush on a central Texas ranch but is this really the man that lead our government for eight years or was this a "facade", designed to market an image? Was Bush just a "regular Joe" from Texas who happens to have a powerful family? Is Bush really a "man's man"? Could this all be an act from an elitist, designed to garner trust from the majority of America and certainly the majority of his political base? Could this all be make-believe for an other wise spoiled rich kid who wouldn't know a drove of cattle from a team of horses if his life depended on it?

The sad fact is that GWB was born with a platinum spoon in his mouth from a wealthy New England family who just happened to move to Texas to corner a certain industry. They surely aren't "regular Joes" and unless you consider a Yale cheerleader who has never so much as touched a piece of barbed-wire or handled a bale of hay to be a "man's man", he probably isn't one of those either. In fact, until GWB became Governor of Texas, he probably never spoke to or even so much as looked at a real cowboy or ranch-hand in his life. He never knew what hard physical work was, much less the hard work of a cowboy or rig driller. He probably knew more about the traditions of an English tea party than he did of a Southern shin-dig and he certainly knew more about the customs of Saudi royalty than he did of a normal Texan family.

You see, GWB was born in New Haven, Connecticut to a political and corporate dynasty that so wealthy, he wasn't really even exposed to the common man until his unsuccessful campaign for Congress in 1978 (which his opponent won because of Bush being out of touch with Texans). He attended high school at the prestigious Phillips Academy in Andover, Mass. After high school, he got a degree at Yale University in Connecticut before moving on to Harvard in Mass for graduate school. His family had no roots at all in Texas before his mother and father moved out there for certain business interests and although he did move to Texas with them as a youngster, he would spend his summers at the family's retreat in Kennebunkport, Maine. This man is as much of a Texan as I am a New Yorker (probably even less so). The images of GWB working a ranch that were burned into our heads were inherently false and couldn't be further from who dubbya really is. It's like one of those white kids from the upper-class suburbs who pretends to be black and tells stories of the rough and mean streets in which he grew up.

So, realizing that Bush is far more New England than he is a Texan, we move along to the intellectual side of the man. Many people argue that GWB is so dumb, he can't even speak right and he often makes up words due to his limited vocabulary, probably because of his life on the ranch herding cattle, taming mustangs and clearing brush. Many people also argue that Bush is so dumb, he can't do anything right, much less run a country and this is the reason that our country suffered, not because we were all mislead into believing that this man couldn't possibly pull something so brilliant off that our misfortunes were his and his friends benefits.

The fact of the matter is that GWB got the best education that money could buy and I know that this doesn't automatically make one smart, but it sure does help. His education wasn't limited to that of an oil-rig worker forced to go to a public school and then work the oil rigs after school lets out. It's not as if he grew up in the back woods where his exposure to culture was non-existent. In fact, if Bush really is stupid, it would have to be chalked up to some learning or mental disability, which I don't think is very accurate at all.

You see, not only did GWB graduate Yale with an undergrad, be also got a graduate degree at Harvard. Now, I know that it can easily be argued that he graduated those prestigious schools due to his family connections and while this could be somewhat true, it's not entirely. You can't tell me that his professors were all on the pay-roll of the Bush-Walker Clan. To barely scratch these two schools would be one thing but he was an average student and in these schools, that means something at least. Family connections can get you into these schools and maybe even help you with one or two professors but that's about it, as those connections aren't going to sway a lot of tenured academics.

We then look at Bush's Air National Guard service, where he was a fighter pilot. Again, family connections can get you into flight school and maybe even land you in a fighter jet, as opposed to a cargo plane but they aren't going to pass the academics part of the school for you. This is not only the life of Bush that is dependent on his academics at this point, it is also the lives of others in his flight wing. Flight school takes a lot knowledge and is apparently pretty hard, both academically and physically speaking. In fact, most pilots would characterize the academic part of the school to be the hardest, by far. If he won his wings through flight school, rest assured that he was smartest enough to pass the academic courses required.

Here's the thing, if Bush was smart enough to do good in prestigious prep-schools, only to move forward through both Yale and Harvard and then on to flight school for the military, then we can assume that Bush is much smarter than most give him credit for.

Why on Earth would Bush pretend to be dumb? For the same reason that he pretends to be a through-and-through cowboy? Could his pretending to be dumb have a more sinister motive? To answer this question would be to add pure conjecture but one thing is for certain, Bush was not too dumb or incompetent to do the things that he is accused of doing for some larger grand purpose. In fact, most of things that he did, he was not only successful at implementing them but he also got away with them, scot-free and at the public's peril. To me, this is not the work of an idiot.

I personally think that his whole false persona of being an idiot, was so that people would be more apt at forgiving him when the public started to suffer. He could easily argue that he was trying his best, when in reality, he was screwing us to help his friends and certain interests. For instance, when I try to present evidence of a 9/11 cover-up, most people don't even listen to the evidence, citing a reason that Bush was too dumb to have ever been able to pull off something of that magnitude. In fact, most people don't believe that many of things that happened during the Bush years were not part of some grand scheme because the man could not even correctly pronounce basic words (which is a lie as shown by the above video).

Tell me, is this the work of an idiot... or a genius? Does it not take a genius to actually make the entire world believe that you are a baffling buffoon, while you are literally bilking money out of everyone and taking away their liberties and lives for a much bigger agenda? When you really think about it, many people were willing to cut Bush some slack for his perceived lack of intelligence, as far as any criminal behavior goes. If some amazing and brilliant bank fraud was uncovered in your town, would you suspect the town idiot? If someone came up to you and suggested that the local idiot was a key-player in some brilliant scheme to defraud the entire town, would you believe this person, or would you brush them off as speaking non-sense?

--airspoon

[edit on 3-7-2010 by airspoon]

+18 more 
posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   
No, I think we all know who the morons are: those who voted that guy in - twice!

I don't think I need a second line, do you?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   
well spoon I have read and commented on quite
a few of your brilliant threads. However in this
case, I will have to say you have brought up
a straw man argument. I don't think it's intentional
in the slightest. Dubya from what I understand
had a drinking problem from time to time and
never fully recovered. By comparing the effects
of alcoholism to a hidden genius theory is a far stretch
for many, including me. But I guess everyone
is entitled to their opinion

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by CosmicEgg

Well, technically, the "people" didn't vote GWB into office the first time, SCOTUS did. Also, I don't think it's really debated that most people are ignorant morons though this thread deals with whether Bush was really as stupid as people make him out be. I think not. The video at the top shows that his ill-fated speaking abilities are all an act, as he certainly didn't act that way before his election to the White House. Either his mind deteriorated to a great extent, or he pulled the wool over the eyes of the world. I happen to think it's the latter, as his perceived intelligence has allowed both him and his friends to make a ton of money at our expense.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Apparently Bush is involved in the secret societies such as Skull and Bones that run the global agenda, along with his father. If you have ever read Rule by Secrecy by Jim Marrs, or know the information in the book, it makes complete sense that GWB is not as dumb as he plays. I used to think he was this big idiot, until I learned what hes involved in. At first I thought "that idiot?", but obviously he is smart especially with manipulation. What better way to debunk those conspiracy theories than to just make the man seem to dumb to carry them out? After all, alot has changed since Bush became president, and many see his policies and acts as furthuring the NWO.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Interesting post. There is definitely a noticeable difference over time and another possibility popped into my mind while watching the video. Perhaps his tenure as president was so full of lies that his thoughts were muddled while trying to remember and stick to all of the lies.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I changed the title of the thread, since this deals with much more than whether he was brilliant or not.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
I'm not going to read though your whole post, but I'll dare to put in my two cents anyway.

I think that he might have been a smart individual once upon a time, but intelligence may decline due to mental illness or another unfortunate condition over the years.

My opinion is that he was used as a front for a more complex and thoughtful conspiratory machine than he himself was aware to comprehend. Basically I'm saying he was a tool, no pun intended. This is very frightening, especially considering the majority (can be contended) of the U.S. electorate wanted him as president, that they wanted someone like them to lead them. It seems the republicans are searching for someone like themselves to lead their country, and this is dangerous. Why wouldn't you want someone smarter than you to lead the country, not least the most powerful nation of the world?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Droogie]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
GW Bush is no idiot. He has been plagued by bad decision, but he is no idiot.

But when his parents moved to Odessa, it wasn't as if it was a luxurious life. Most people coming to the area lived in the tent city in West Odessa (still barely more than a tent city, with run down trailers). According to Barbara Bush, they "lucked out" and got a house. I have been in that house before vandals burned it down. On a side note, Barbara Bush was pretty hot when GW was a little boy....believe it or not.
But the point is, their "contacts" got them into a house, when no one else could acheive that at the time due to the lack of housing.

He was a well known rabble rouser. He liked to drink, and had a fondness for coke. Not many who knew him in Odessa have anything nice to say about him. I know one guy who absolutely hates him, and goes out of his way to tell everyone about "little Georgie".

He is a Texan, whether we like it or not. No, he doesn't really have the hard work ethic...but none of our aristocrats really do. Gov. Good Hair Perry doesn't, either. Don't let him fool you.

I believe GW to be a CIA agent. His lack of service history, harped on as cowardice by Kerry, is IMO evidence of his use by the CIA. I think that since his dad orchestrated the October Surprise, the CIA has owned the White House.

Edit to add links to some pictures of his childhood:

i195.photobucket.com...

i195.photobucket.com...

i195.photobucket.com...

i195.photobucket.com...

[edit on 3-7-2010 by bigfatfurrytexan]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
no one will ever stop me form believing the dude's certifiably ... a short-bus fourth grader. if he must be assigned with some skills or talents approximating the average litigant on judge judy, i just have to chalk it up to turd blossom or some other diabolical handler(s).

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

I happened to agree with you that he was a CIA agent. Even the magazine "Details" had an inside source at the CIA who said the same thing. The magazine had a very long article about the subject that I read several years later when researching just who GWB really is.

As far as GW Bush being a Texan, that he is not. He barely spent any time in Texas what-so-ever. Many people who say they know, are just trying to feel important I'm sure. This is not even mentoining the fact that his time in the Midland area was very limited, since he wasn't even living there past middle-school aged. He was in Houston by the time high-school came around and he went to a prep-school in Houston before going back home to New England to finish his prep-schooling there.

Did he live in Texas? Sure, but that does not make one a Texan. I have spent more time in New York than he did in Texas (before he before his Governorship), yet I'm no New Yorker.

Then again, whether you consider him to be a Texan or not, really depends on how you define where someone is from. I, myself consider someone to be "from" somewhere when they actually grow up there, adopting the customs and traditions of that area. The sad fact of the matter, is GWB spent far more time in New England, where he was born, spent his summers and whent to high-school, than in Texas, where he started school.

--airspoon

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
Another good read

He may be brilliant but haven't lots of brilliant people been stupid enough to appear drunk in public? Consummate actor or upper class sot?

edit; Just saw Boondock Saint's post. We're on the same page.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by 23refugee]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
as always an interesting thread spoon.

i have heard this theory before. i also have seen a documentary on youtube a year or two ago about his steady but noticible decline over time in oratory and thought processing skills being due to a disease (alzhimers or something like it) ill try to dig it up it came across as very plausable to me.

wether it was an illness or not i believe they definately used that image to thier advantage.

ill go look now for the vid

S+F

~meathead

ETA : lol nm this post i dint watch your embed just read your post

dur dur dur

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
OP and anyone really interested...

There are several books papers out there that analysis W's psychology -
all of them have similar things to say about the guy.

His poor mastery of the English language grew with time, it was actually and indication of contempt for us (listener - humanity - English), a perpetual anxious state and delusional grandeur- that the rules no longer applied to him - it was a projection of his mind.

He was extremely sadistic an animal killer/torturer when he was younger, loved to burn the $@$% out of pledges in his fraternity, would brag and express true joy at his record of executions as Governor, enjoyed viewing photos of death caused by his creation (war) amongst other things...

Everything from the War to the economy was contempt for people, society, his father too, his freedom act was two fold, one was to heard the Patriotics, second to mask the pleasure he got in screwing things up because he could and he would find great pleasure in watching stupid people defend his horrible/quasi intentional failure and pleasure in his skill at mass manipulation... HE also enjoyed making his opponents angry, watch them powerless.

The real interesting thing is what the shrink say about the people who voted for Bush -

The real scary thing is that you guys are still out there, your political views combined with the a man with the right traits and, ya thats scary, I am glad Bush did not want genocide or something like that.

Good OP - you should really read up on him, it is fascinating to read, once you do, it will seem like you already know what you are reading, it just lays it out.

There are a few joint papers on him as well as books, it was worth the time.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Janky Red]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
I think this is an amazing thread. Thanks

I also agree with you. The Bush family goes way back, and this includes secretive business. As you said, you don't get to be a fighter pilot if you are stupid. Not even a louzy one.

This also counts for senator and president. If Bush Senior took his son for stupid, he would have probably made his other son president.

As I recall, both elections with Gore and Kerry were possibly a fraud. Were they not ?
Above this all comes the function of president. We all see them turn gray over night, right ?

It takes a leader to manage a country one that is qualified for the job.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ten years does make a difference. It seems that many of our Presidents age considerably in their first 4 years in office, turning gray within a few months of taking office.

The high level of stress, conflicts of interest, lack of sleep, competing interests, constant media attention, etc. can be overwhelming for even a former governor. Throw in the terrorist attacks of 911, and wars in Iraq and Afghanistan, and Bush was in way over his head.

Bush was so unprepared for the role as President, he did everything he could to escape for long vacations. He had a real problem handling the media, and his frustration with the media was well known at the time.

You might attribute his befuddling speeches to stress, pressure of being in the spotlight, as well as a combination of him being 10 years older. Throw in the long-term side effects of excessive drinking and drug use, and I think that you have a reasonable explanation for the differences between the two videos.

To a lesser extent, he probably found that when he acted more humble, contrite, and "bumbling" in the public eye, he wasn't attacked as much. Perhaps it was a defense mechanism.

Anyone that reaches the office of the President certainly has CIA connections, and high level security clearances --- long before they ever take office. I would even argue that there is strong evidence that these Presidential candidates are groomed for these roles from early childhood. Your average workaday Joe has no shot whatsoever of obtaining political office at this level of the federal government. There are a lot of machinations going on behind the scenes that we will never know about.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I blame the Coke and Alcohol for the apparent loss of brain cells, however I will not say that you are wrong, you may be right.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
reply to post by CookieMonster09

I don't think he was unprepared.
He even had a father who was president. I do not believe senior and junior were on no speaking terms with one another.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I haven't been on ATS that long, although I lurked for a while before needing to finally post. But for the most part, it's rather plain vanilla. Few people really ever talk about anything "real", most especially when it realtes in any way to politics.

I posted comment not long ago that probably got the thread 404'd. How could that be? Because of the fiction that there is really freedom, and troublesome info is most certainly censored.

Can I mention the Bush Crime Family, just like that, and get away with it? Maybe. But the talk about whether W was a moron or not, it's really irrelevant.

I mean no disrespect to the OP, I've seen some posts from you before, I can see even by your avatar there is sincerity.

Here's what I mean by saying W's intelligence is irrelevant. Better to say it was "adequate", for the job in question. And what is that job by the way? "Leader of the Free World"...Yes, big collective gag. No, he was merely a front man. He took orders, like they all do. Bottom line, he was "smart enough", to accomplish his mission, and royally hose us all in the process.

Talking about dear Dubbya's intelligence is kind of like talking about Stalin's intelligence, or Hitler's, etc. Who cares? What would be a bit more on point is why these beasts aren't on trial, or why they haven't been hung yet.

I agree with Janky. Now there's someone who is on it, star from me! Yes, "W" is "that" bad, contempt for his fellow humans that is likely off the scale. And what a great observation about those who voted for him, especially the second time. I know some of those people, it is scary that they are out there, and that some of them are family members!

But back to Dubbya and his clan. Yes, read up on these monsters. Did I mention Hitler above? Yes, he literally factors into their family history! Do some research, find out where they really came from, and then hope that Obama doesn't turn out worse. And why not? THEY ALL TAKE ORDERS!

We're marching down the path to the damnable New World Order, just like Bush Sr. said. Their vision is diabolical. But don;t we all play into it, when we can't even be as with it, as the Russians, who long ago figured out that Pravda hardly meant "truth"...

Americans, and others, do themselves a great disservice to even continue to think in terms of a president who supposedly has real power. There is always the "Hidden Hand".

Did you vote? Do you still speak in ways that betray that you believe such a thing is "real"? Then you're still part of the problem, not the solution.

OK, enough of my rant, maybe I should just ask everyone, what is the "solution"? Surely, it doesn't involve the supposed intelligence of front men. Again, who cares? Hang 'em all.

JR

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
When daddy bush decided to infest all of america's ghettos with crack coc aine in the 1980's, he had to test it out on someone first, probably dubbya. possibly america's first crack addict. his progressive communication decline is very much what you would expect in an old ex-addict.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join