It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The world population must be reduced at all costs

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by deenuu

Yes there is a finite amount of resources, to the extent we are willing to produce.
I am not a person that needs a cell phone, in fact I do not have one my wife and all of my kids do though, if it were up to me I’d smash the dern things.
You mention Australia mostly is inhabitable this I understand, it is good that we have more than just 1 continent worth of space we have all of the other continents except the one that is still frozen.
You talk of infrastructure, are you talking of the unnecessary conveniences that we take for granted?
Sure a pipe that comes into my house supplying fresh water rocks out loud, but do I NEED it? Definitely not, I can walk out to my well to get some.
You talk of jobs, these are for suckers. Your job would be to take care of yourself, whether you gather and hunt or farm or teach or be a doctor. If you want to be a crafter or hunter you could sharecrop your land out to a farmer. If you really need a job you could make tools or clothing, some items that people use but do not really know how to make. And for your craft you would say barter some food or other products, services Etc.
Anyone can be a teacher truly, and most anyone with a stomach and a teacher can be a doctor. There are your schools. Why would you need to make a US dollar if you only barter your goods and services? And if everyone had say ¼ an acre to themselves you wouldn’t have far to walk to get what you need therefore cars would be obsolete and peoples health would be worlds better just for taking a daily walk.
And yes we need to take responsibility for our impact.
Have you ever dumped toxic chemicals on the earth? I didn’t think so but neither have I, but I know of corporations that do it as a matter of course.
Those are the jerks we need to hold accountable.
As for disease and famine I stated in an earlier post without war we would pretty much wipe that out.
You say that 20% owns 80% percent of the worlds resources I will take your number at face value I think it would be closer to 10% owning 90% either way those numbers are just morally wrong. That is just more greed that this world doesn’t need.
Just like big Gubbmment doesn’t work for the masses neither does big business.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

You drive an excellent point at moving out onto other planets, but what makes you think the more civilized races out among the stars want us spreading our cancer?
That is what we are isn’t it, we destroy each other although we are all the same, we eat each other up.
Now as for spreading out into the stars this will not help us with the bigger problem of us mining the world dead to forward our agendas and wars.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
WOW its funny how some people read a topic then state a comment...he/she was exaggerating...if everyone could fit in Australia wouldnt that tell the other piece of your brain other countries are empty...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by LouisianaSLo

Star upon ya not everyone caught that first shot out.
You now officially rock!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
Thank you for that perspective. Even though we couldn`t all LIVE in Australia, it`s nice to kno we could all fit with plenty of space. Not tryin to nit-pick but by your calculations, each person would not get 1/4 of an acre. You said something like 3.52 so you would have to round DOWN in order to make enough room. One way to look at it if you dont like the idea of "half people" is to figure that for every 2 acres, it would be about 7 people. But even then, you said 3.52, so the .02 would eventually add up to another person after 50 acres. So you could have plenty of standing & walking room, but a community is made up of more than "living spaces" there are parks, rivers, lakes, roads, hospitals, schools, marketplaces, fire/police dept. Anyone who
`s played sim city knows this. But again, I do appreciate the perspective. Because Australia is one of the smaller continents (isnt it?) and there are 6 others that can be utilized in some way. I think the "problem" is that people cram into cities, and having such a large CONCENTRATION of people trying to live their lives, it puts a strain on the environment which effects the surrounding areas as well as the city itself. Maybe technology such as faster communications & transportation will allow us to spread out more and still be able to contribute to society. Another thing is that, the elites may not think that the world is being overpopulated, per se, but perhaps they believe the world is being overpopulated by people who cannot take care of themselves. It`s the stupid people (bad genes?) who do not plan their lives out and have 5 or 10 kids and have to go on welfare because they just didn`t think. But then the wise people who waited to have one or two kids when they knew they could support.(So maybe they are concerned that the population will be disproportionately stupid... But then thios arguement always goes in a circle because you could say these people became poor and foolish because the elites wanted them that way. 9(I heard if you score too high on some intelligence test they won`t let you become a cop, is that true?) I`m only trying to explore all possibilities, but I personally highly doubt the elites are CONCERNED with much beyond their t own asses...

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by doctor j and inmate c5779

Agreed somewhat about us all living in Australia, but the problems that are presented could mostly be done away with by the simplest of solutions.
Add a second story.
You would not need things such as city halls or police, the community would be city hall and by the same token the police. But I agree we would have to be a society that truly cared about the fellow man as if he/she was family.
I won’t argue the 3 point however many acres miles; I will take your word for it as numbers confustigate me.
But if we acted like a functioning community there would be no real reason for transit / mass transit all would be in your local surrounding community.
By the way I blew the back out of sim city!
And yes by cramming people together and paving over millions of square miles that does make a HUGE impact on the environment.
As for taking the testing for the police / sheriff I flunked my first on the psyche evaluation for being too honest the figured I would not be able to do the dirty that sometimes you do or would not stand it around me, so hey I got into a more honest field and became a plumber, the crap I dealt with was a lot cleaner and I never hosed anyone on a job unless they absolutely deserved it, I think I only rammed 2 different people in my tenure however I gave a lot of time to single moms and elderly, I guess I was too soft.
I hate it when they are right and I was wrong.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541
reply to post by deenuu

Yes there is a finite amount of resources, to the extent we are willing to produce.
I am not a person that needs a cell phone, in fact I do not have one my wife and all of my kids do though, if it were up to me I’d smash the dern things.
You mention Australia mostly is inhabitable this I understand, it is good that we have more than just 1 continent worth of space we have all of the other continents except the one that is still frozen.
You talk of infrastructure, are you talking of the unnecessary conveniences that we take for granted?
Sure a pipe that comes into my house supplying fresh water rocks out loud, but do I NEED it? Definitely not, I can walk out to my well to get some.
You talk of jobs, these are for suckers. Your job would be to take care of yourself, whether you gather and hunt or farm or teach or be a doctor. If you want to be a crafter or hunter you could sharecrop your land out to a farmer. If you really need a job you could make tools or clothing, some items that people use but do not really know how to make. And for your craft you would say barter some food or other products, services Etc.
Anyone can be a teacher truly, and most anyone with a stomach and a teacher can be a doctor. There are your schools. Why would you need to make a US dollar if you only barter your goods and services? And if everyone had say ¼ an acre to themselves you wouldn’t have far to walk to get what you need therefore cars would be obsolete and peoples health would be worlds better just for taking a daily walk.
And yes we need to take responsibility for our impact.
Have you ever dumped toxic chemicals on the earth? I didn’t think so but neither have I, but I know of corporations that do it as a matter of course.
Those are the jerks we need to hold accountable.
As for disease and famine I stated in an earlier post without war we would pretty much wipe that out.
You say that 20% owns 80% percent of the worlds resources I will take your number at face value I think it would be closer to 10% owning 90% either way those numbers are just morally wrong. That is just more greed that this world doesn’t need.
Just like big Gubbmment doesn’t work for the masses neither does big business.

With infrastructure, im talking transport, hospitals, schools, recreation for the masses these facilities are failing now, without increased inflow. You need rain to fill a well, we in Australia don’t have that luxury, so desal and bore water are our ever-growing only options, we don’t get enough rain to support our current population.
My wife and I work 3 days a week, we are lucky we’re paid well and our lifestyle doesn’t require allot of funds, we devote our time to ourselves and children. I agree jobs are for suckers

Your utopia which you talk of is un-realistic, there is something alluring about living on the land and spending everyday living naturally, but with-out a nuke war or some sort of Armageddon we are trapped in an ever growing un-natural, technological age, run by corporations and corrupt governments. Also try telling a Chinese/African/Indian resident, you can’t have a tap go and get you water from a well, see what kind of responses you get living in the first world.

Corporations will not stop selling OUR resources, and governments will not stop them, that’s why I stated earlier education is our hope. People need to realize, population, resources, and distribution are vital to our survival and happiness, there is a number out there which is the optimal population to our Earth in relation to our resources, but Big corp. don’t want us to find it out because that puts a limit on profit An option which I think is great but also un-realistic is the Venus project if you don’t know about it look it up, its worth a look.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   

reply to post by zatara

You drive an excellent point at moving out onto other planets, but what makes you think the more civilized races out among the stars want us spreading our cancer?
That is what we are isn’t it, we destroy each other although we are all the same, we eat each other up.
Now as for spreading out into the stars this will not help us with the bigger problem of us mining the world dead to forward our agendas and wars.

What do you think...? To save ourselves from ourselves and do ET a favour and commit global suicide...?

I know we behave like infants and that this behaviour has lead to the poor state our planet and economy is in. But we should have confedence that this behaviour is part of our growing up into adulthood and hope for the best.

New technologies can be a tool to do things better and will take away the need to distroy forrests and minning the world dead. Nano-technology is such a technology that will change the world for the better....

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
To think that we can continue along forever without population control is simply putting your head in the sand.

The population has steadily grown for thousands of years - do we want to spread until we start running out of food and starving, or is it better to set a limit on population and try to stay under it.

The less people you have around, the more resources each can have - in utopia terms of course, where there is some kind of fair distribution (unlike the situation today).

The other thing about small populations is it is easier to be closer to the government - so long as power is distributed - and there is likely to be more agreement.

I am strongly in favor of a far lower population - and reaching it through education and management, rather than starvation, disease and war.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Amagnon]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by deenuu

I agree with much of what you say although not on exactly the same page.
The beautiful thing about this is we are not all confined to just Australia and there are other regions in the world that have no problem with water or resources.
We have all of these continents worth of land yet they say we are overpopulated is crazy.
The truly sad thing is you are absolutely correct that a huge war or cataclysm that would destroy our society is actually our only true savior, how terrible but true.
I have seen the Venus project and yes it rocks but I come back around to the thought that nobody truly wants to live in harmony, I wish we could just get to the destruction and fall back hundreds of years so we can move forward once again.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
reply to post by zatara

By no means should we commit suicide, there is no need to, we kill each other quite effectively enough.
I think before we start to run we need to learn to walk first.
Say we get out there and find a new species, whether stronger than us or weaker.
Don’t you think we need to learn to get along with our selves before we risk a huge war of planets for no apparent reason?
New technologies would rock if we used them for construction rather than destruction.
With renewable energy that we already have in ample supply we could have millions of robots and computers running 24/7 augmented with human ideas to work on and figure out problems it would take the human mind years to do, but they could do in months or weeks.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

So the world’s population could fit inside Australia with 4 people per acre.
I think that is a quarter acre per person in the world man woman child elderly Etc.
So is my math correct?

No. It's wrong.

The vital thing you're leaving out with your math. Is the worlds population wouldn't be spending it's time fitting in "Australia".

They'd be in Christmas Island. It's not full at the moment but I'd imagine it would be a mighty tight fit in there with an extra 6 or so billion people.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by belial259]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Amagnon

You are partially right and partially wrong in my opinion.
You are correct if we keep on breeding someday it will be standing room only however we are quite a ways away from that.
But the real problem that we have is from birth we are let known that you can grow too fat or have too many kids or just claim you are mentally unfit and some agency will take care of you. I am not saying the welfare system is useless and a joke it does have its place. But as of late the system has become abused simply because we all know that we are entitled to do so.
If we all knew we had to take responsibility for the things we do maybe we wouldn’t have octamoms having 14 kids and living off of the system.
As far as the less people we have there being more resources that is true with some but there are green renewable resources hemp is just one albeit a huge great one.
Smaller populations would be your community the people that live within walking distance to you otherwise someone would have a say in something that they know nothing of, we do not need a big brother to watch over us and protect us from the terrorist.
Starvation disease and war you could remove all three if you stopped the key one, that is war. Without war there would be no soldiers and more workers, if everyone was working using their bodies there would be less disease.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DOADOA
you're missing the point. the world is not over populated because of land, its over populated because we cannot produce enough food to go around. we just do not have the resources to keep everyone alive. people need to die and they are going to die real soon, lots of freaking people are going to die in world war 3.

According to this your dead wrong. We have tons of food.

Both of the world's leading authorities on food distribution (the United Nations Food and Agriculture Organization [FAO] and the World Food Programme [WFP]) are very clear: there is more than enough food for everyone on the planet. The FAO neatly summarizes the problem of starvation, saying that "the world currently produces enough food for everybody, but many people do not have access to it." Food is a lot like money: just because some people have none doesn't mean that there isn't enough of it--it's just spread unevenly.

overpopulationisamyth.com...

Overpopulationmyth.com has neat videos on all the major points that people use to say the world is overpopulated. It also covers "Overpopulation: The Making of a Myth" and tells how the uneducated got the idea the world was going to end based on assumptions.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
The world ddosnt need to be de populized* i saw a documentary 2 years ago. If you took every human on earth and put them in Australia, each person would have about an acre of land. The problem is, governemnt taken/controleld land, and corporate (confiscated) land. That takes up alot of room whne yuo think about it! Thiers no reason to depopul;ate simply becuae corporations and governemnt are hogging all the room. Makes no sense to committ 'murder' all over space of land* thats insane

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnPhoenix

Thank you so very much for helping me with a huge point, all of the food that is wasted simply because it cannot be shipped thousands of miles away.
If food was grown and hunted / preserved locally that problem would fall off of the table.
I have never seen this site but I will give it a looksee thank you again.
You too sir officially rock!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:42 PM
link   
reply to post by ziggy1706

Roughly 1/4 acre per person if we put the worlds population in australia.
The cool thing is we have australia plus the rest of the world to work with.
But yep, greed is the big killer.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
on one of eminems new songs he says

"f**8 the world, feed it human beings"

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   

reply to post by deenuu

I agree with much of what you say although not on exactly the same page.
The beautiful thing about this is we are not all confined to just Australia and there are other regions in the world that have no problem with water or resources.
We have all of these continents worth of land yet they say we are overpopulated is crazy.
The truly sad thing is you are absolutely correct that a huge war or cataclysm that would destroy our society is actually our only true savior, how terrible but true.
I have seen the Venus project and yes it rocks but I come back around to the thought that nobody truly wants to live in harmony, I wish we could just get to the destruction and fall back hundreds of years so we can move forward once again.

Yeah man I understand the point your making, but I guess your example struck a nerve with me as population and resources in Australia is an issue which I care about, and over population encompasses much more than just x number of people on x amount of land, which is the point of your topic.

Millions of people all over the world pray every night for harmony..... (Nobody is listening) but I think the majority of the world’s population want to live a care free happy life, they just need to be educated and shown how and given equal opportunity to resources as I generally have.

Every human should be able to have a couple of kids, have adequate health care, education, and employment, to not be crippled with debt and not brainwashed in becoming consumers of meaningless products which they feel defines who they are, however without war, diseases and famine all the things that some people pray for would be obsolete, we would most definitely have a population problem, so hmmmm go figure.

Spending nights shivering in a cave doesn’t have much of an attraction to me I say we sort out these essential problems whilst we still have the chance.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SwissPort905v2

Actually we do feed the world with humans, the more people we bury the more worm food there is. and the serpent chases its tail.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join