It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do they really have a cure for cancer?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I guess I'm pretty bitter about the FDA and testing in general.
My mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer at 68. Basically, there was nothing they could do and said she had 6 weeks to live. She had a great oncologist who got Mom into a very small trial study. She took a pill and there were really no side effects as in chemo. The pill was to target only the cancer cells. She was in the program for one course of treatment, then, because her tumor had not shrunk more than 10%, they kicked her out of the study.
I know she would have died anyway, but she was having some tumor shrinkage and some quality time with us.
Her doctor literally begged the pathologist to say that her tumor had shrunk more than 10% so she could remain in the study. Of course, he wouldn't do it.
So, she just let nature take its course and she died very quickly.
I realize studies have to have some control mechanisms. Pragmatically, I can accept that and I can even accept double blind studies, but you have a different persepctive when someone you love is rejected by science.
Is there a cure for cancer? Heck, I don't know. I just know my dealings with the cancer medical establishment (except for the one great oncologist) were less than pleasant.
joey

posted on Jul, 30 2004 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Yes, there is a cure for cancer. There always has been and you have everything you need to get it. It's not in commercials, since there's no profit to be made from a simple solution.

posted on Jul, 31 2004 @ 11:25 PM
link   
Yes, it is called self addicting cells.

God

posted on Aug, 2 2004 @ 09:54 PM
link   
I believe it was Chris Rock (comedian) who said it best. "The money isn't in the CURE... the money is in the comeback."

I believe they have the cures for many types of these "incurable" diseases. We're capable of so much more than is available for us.

But then again... what do I know.

posted on Aug, 5 2004 @ 09:45 AM
link   
There is loads of information about Chinese Chi healers, how under test conditions, did what they call transmitted chi healing on a patient with a cancerous tumour. Under the test equipment the scientists were able to actually see the tumours regress.

There are many things that Chi can be used to heal, but due to westerners ignorance of anything intangible and religious conservatism, work yet to be done into showing what it is truely capable of.

The Rife thing is a variation of some of these principles, insomuch as various illnesses are caused by "energy" blockages, and different organs within the body, along with there associated points responds to a different frequency.

I heard less sinsiter versions of "The End Of Rife" which was purely to do with the fact that as far a methods of healing go, its boring. When you see many people a day and prescribe them the same treatment, it gets a bit dull. So the dude who was doing it simple packed it in to go do something else...

posted on Aug, 15 2004 @ 01:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by joey
I guess I'm pretty bitter about the FDA and testing in general.
My mom was diagnosed with Stage 4 colon cancer at 68. Basically, there was nothing they could do and said she had 6 weeks to live. She had a great oncologist who got Mom into a very small trial study. She took a pill and there were really no side effects as in chemo. The pill was to target only the cancer cells. She was in the program for one course of treatment, then, because her tumor had not shrunk more than 10%, they kicked her out of the study.
I know she would have died anyway, but she was having some tumor shrinkage and some quality time with us.
Her doctor literally begged the pathologist to say that her tumor had shrunk more than 10% so she could remain in the study. Of course, he wouldn't do it.
So, she just let nature take its course and she died very quickly.
I realize studies have to have some control mechanisms. Pragmatically, I can accept that and I can even accept double blind studies, but you have a different persepctive when someone you love is rejected by science.
Is there a cure for cancer? Heck, I don't know. I just know my dealings with the cancer medical establishment (except for the one great oncologist) were less than pleasant.
joey

There are a few out there. I have a friend that used to work for a pharmaceutical company. She told me of a drug made from a botanical dirivitive that resulted in ganglian tumurs to encapsulate themselves making surgical removal exceptionaly easier. The only problem... it wouldn't pass Phase one FDA trials..
For those out there not familiar with Phase one trials... They gradually increase the dosage until it reaches levels. And this being a natural substance istead of a synthisized one, it never reached toxic levels..
Therefore the FDA will NEVER approve it for use in humans since they can't kill anyone with it, although it is available for Veterinary purposes..

posted on Aug, 17 2004 @ 11:40 PM
link   
there was a cure in the 30s. If you are truly interested in these findings, buy and read "The Cancer Cure". I'm not sure exactly on the author as I have lent my copy out.

The book describes how Dr. Rife studied cancer cells and discovered that certain frequencies killed the virus that is responsible for cancer, thereby destroying the cancer. (Several types of cancer have been proven to have viral origins.) His findings were so significant that the federal government siezed his work and documents. The author of "The Cancer Cure" alleges that the siezure was due to the possibility/probablility of the American Medical Association (AMA) losing so much funding for research and pharmacutical dollars.

The book states case studies in which people were cured, however, Dr Rife died around the same time his documents were siezed so there is no cut and dried proof. Once again, the author of the book alleges that the good doctor was murdered by associates of the AMA.

A group of cancer positive patients from Kalamazoo, MI found a cure when they went to a treatment center in the Bahamas (I think) that used a type of method similar to the one outlined in "The Cancer Cure" that hasn't been approved for the US.

Don't know how valid any of the information is, but I would have like to known about it before my mother died from cancer in 1998 at the age of 43.

[edit on 17-8-2004 by medicmom]

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join