It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Most common type of UFO

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
I recently saw the following thread about the UFO heading into a tornado. The cameraman was not hunting for UFOs but merely making a documentary on tornados and saw it afterwards.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I was happy with the reception that people over the world gave this footage and the instant fame of the photographer. However, it occured to me that there could have been a totally different reaction if those guys were actually ufo hunters. I expect there would have been more skeptism.

Anyway the point I wanted to make is that the UFO that appeared in that clip is the most common type of UFO IMO. In fact whether we should call it a UFO at all is really the issue. Is it Unidentified? Answer : yes. Is it Flying ? Answer : not sure. Is it an Object ? Answer : not sure.

I have shot hundreds of these bright lights that fly in a perfect straight line. They normally fly very high above the clouds and the speed is astounding. They can cross the sky in just one second and you will not see them with the naked eye.

Although they cannot be identified, I often wonder if they are actually objects (as in hardware). What if they were pure light ? As for the flying, are they really doing that. They seem to be shooting across the sky rather than flying.

I do appreciate that many people will not have a clue what I am talking about but I am sure quite a few know exactly what I mean.

It is really a matter of making a distinction between hardware (solid craft and fluid craft) and pure light. I think this distinction is important.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by crowdedskies]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by crowdedskies

Thank you for the thread, very interesting! I would like to respond.

I was happy with the reception that people over the world gave this footage and the instant fame of the photographer. However, it occured to me that there could have been a totally different reaction if those guys were actually ufo hunters. I expect there would have been more skeptism.

It was a very interesting thread! I think one should keep an equal amount of skepticism to any claim, so I don't think it would have mattered to me who the person filming was. I can understand this may be the case for many people.

I have shot hundreds of these bright lights that fly in a perfect straight line. They normally fly very high above the clouds and the speed is astounding. They can cross the sky in just one second and you will not see them with the naked eye.

Do you have the photos available to view anywhere? I would be very interested in seeing them for myself! You should really attempt to film them sometime so others can get a better idea of their movements, if you're able!

Although they cannot be identified, I often wonder if they are actually objects (as in hardware). What if they were pure light ? As for the flying, are they really doing that. They seem to be shooting across the sky rather than flying.

Pure light? As far as I am aware, light always has some kind of material source. So although it may appear only light, I'm quite sure it should have some physical thing there to produce the light. If you're referring to your photographs, I would really like to see them!

And just my quick opinion on the most common type of UFO, I always imaged it was the saucer type.

Again, thanks for the thread!

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitotsumami

Pure light? As far as I am aware, light always has some kind of material source. So although it may appear only light, I'm quite sure it should have some physical thing there to produce the light. If you're referring to your photographs, I would really like to see them!

And just my quick opinion on the most common type of UFO, I always imaged it was the saucer type.

Again, thanks for the thread!

Kind regards

Thanks for your well-balanced comments.

I have to say that I was taking UFO matters one level higher. Whilst recognising that in the minds of people a most common UFO is the flying saucer, I needed to point out that statistically the fast moving blob of light is far more common. That is based on my experience.

Yes , I agree that there is no such thing as pure light and it has to have some matter within it. But my need to make a distinction stems from the fact that such occurence (fast moving light) can happen a thousand times in just one day at any particular location. This then makes me distinguish these as some form of natural phenomenon - part of the fabric of our world.

I was not considering giving samples or elaborations but just enquiring if anyone else were aware of the high occurence of this kind of phenomenon.
Those who think these are bugs caught by the digital camcorder need not reply. I have already filmed these 'light blobs' as I call them disappearing behind clouds and reappearing on the other side.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:05 PM
link   
These kinds of phenomena might be some kind of plasma. Most of the universe is supposed to be made up of plasma, therein the sun and most other stars. Plasma are influenced heavily by electromagnetic fields, and this might apply here. (information gathered from wikipedia, this is not my personal view).

Actually, if you are aware of a Norwegian place called Hessdalen - if not you can search up a very interesting documentary on this at youtube - there is a very similar phenomena. A lot of different acitivity regarding these kinds of lights has been observed, as well as different craft like cigar shaped objects hovering across the valley. When telling about Hessdalen, the phenomena you talk about might be explained by whats happening in the Norwegian valley. I don't say that this phenomenon exclude the presence of UFOs, but it might correspond.

Edit: I'm visiting Hessdalen next week, I'll keep you posted if I catch anything interesting on camera or video.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Droogie]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Most common type of ufo?

The Fake ones on YouTube

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
These kinds of phenomena might be some kind of plasma. Most of the universe is supposed to be made up of plasma, therein the sun and most other stars. Plasma are influenced heavily by electromagnetic fields, and this might apply here. (information gathered from wikipedia, this is not my personal view).

Actually, if you are aware of a Norwegian place called Hessdalen - if not you can search up a very interesting documentary on this at youtube - there is a very similar phenomena. A lot of different acitivity regarding these kinds of lights has been observed, as well as different craft like cigar shaped objects hovering across the valley. When telling about Hessdalen, the phenomena you talk about might be explained by whats happening in the Norwegian valley. I don't say that this phenomenon exclude the presence of UFOs, but it might correspond.

Edit: I'm visiting Hessdalen next week, I'll keep you posted if I catch anything interesting on camera or video.

Wonderful contribution ! I will check this out.
Thanks again

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by kevinunknown
Most common type of ufo?

The Fake ones on YouTube

Who would disagree with you ?

Thanks

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:17 PM
link   
By the way, Hessdalen has had an enormous international interest since at least the early 1980's and researchers now believe that this phenomena are the same thing that happens within stars in nuclear fusion.

I believe by researching Hessdalen many answers to questions regarding these kinds of sightings may be answered. But by no means will this answer all UFO sightings, there is some very intruiging things happening that our current understanding of physics won't answer.

PS: Be advised that my information may be incorrect, and I advise you to research this yourself.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
I always thought the most common type of UFO is a UFO. Being just that! Unidentified!!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Droogie
By the way, Hessdalen has had an enormous international interest since at least the early 1980's and researchers now believe that this phenomena are the same thing that happens within stars in nuclear fusion.

I believe by researching Hessdalen many answers to questions regarding these kinds of sightings may be answered. But by no means will this answer all UFO sightings, there is some very intruiging things happening that our current understanding of physics won't answer.

PS: Be advised that my information may be incorrect, and I advise you to research this yourself.

It will certainly fill some knowledge gaps. I have already incorporated a bit of occult knowledge, quantum mechanics and psychology in my UFO studies. A clear picture is emerging but I still need to consolidate.

Your contribution in this thread is likely to be far-reaching.
Thanks

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I concur I saw that video and I thought the same same thing which is ,it is unidentifiable!

So I guess in my own personal evaluation of such things I think of UFO as a craft created by and controlled and or piloted by a being from another world

and I think of things like what is on the video as 'atmospheric phenomena'

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Thanks for the kind replies, I hope you will follow up on this as it is a very interesting subject that might answer a lot of questions regarding UFO activity. Though it might prove to be discouraging and disappointing in some way - we all want UFOs to be the real deal - but it remains very intruiging answers nonetheless. It seems that UFOs are attracted to these areas of electromagnetic occurrences / or it might be the other way around... So it might prove to be a very interesting gateway to understanding UFOs anyway.

But I only speculate in certain angles to view UFOs as I embark on each thread I find interesting or where I feel I can contribute, hopefully the replies might help in some way or another.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Droogie

UFO's are the real deal because they are Unidentified. UFO's don't have to be Extraterrestrial.......

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
I appologize for the confusion. I was talking about UFOs that now can be identified by natural occurrences as natural phenomena, though they are bizarre.

I do not mean that UFOs are not what the acronym suggests, but that some of these objects can now be identified by something that nature manifests on it's own and that it can be misinterpreted as UFOs.

Edit: I never said that UFOs represent extra terrestrial intelligence either, I can speculate as to what this phenomenon might be, but it will be nothing more than speculation... most people won't accept it to being more than that either.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
I concur I saw that video and I thought the same same thing which is ,it is unidentifiable!

So I guess in my own personal evaluation of such things I think of UFO as a craft created by and controlled and or piloted by a being from another world

and I think of things like what is on the video as 'atmospheric phenomena'

Thanks for your comment and I agree. The distinction needs to be made.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by SneakAPeek
I always thought the most common type of UFO is a UFO. Being just that! Unidentified!!

You seem to forget one thing. Although a UFO is unidentifiable it does not mean that it has not got a shape or colour.

Therefore it is not a contradiction to ask "what type of UFO". It could be :-

Round
Triangular
A blob of light
cigar shape
etc

If 100 witnesses came forward , it would be nice to categorise what they saw. Hence "what type of UFO did you see ?" is fair question. Is it not ?? Perhaps you would prefer if all of them said :"I saw a UFO. Full stop"

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I love Ball Lightning. On that show Ancient Aliens they explained how Ball Lighting is naturally made. There are whole MOUNTAIN ranges that can store electrical energy almost like a battery. When it's full, it is discharged and takes the shape of a sphere.

Heres some videos I find interesting, UFO's at their BEST.

www.youtube.com... = Flashy UFO
www.youtube.com... = Might be an airplane
www.youtube.com... = Forests on Mars
HD Video of UFO
Weird UFO
UFO shoots down missle
Mass UFO Take off from planet earth.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by SneakAPeek]

Added Forests On Mars for the heck of it.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by SneakAPeek]

new topics

top topics

join