It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

you must not speak its name.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have absolutely nothing to say about this thread. I am completely indifferent. In fact, I refuse to even speak of it anymore...thread, what thread? :/

Originally posted by JohnPhoenix

Very interesting thought provoking thread you obnoxious moron.

Exactly. LoL!

[edit on 4/7/2010 by kosmicjack]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:44 AM
link   
Thank you for your perspective. I am very interested in this type of psychology/sociology. Reminds me of my self-depreciating sense of humor. And also that old manager`s tactic, when you have some criticism for your employee, you first compliment their work, "Hey Julie, I noticed you really connecting with the customers and it shows that you really care, so, good job!" Then, the REAL reason you came to talk, "But in the future, when there`s a line behind the customer, do me a solid and do your best to cut down a little on the chit chat, k?" Then, finish up with another compliment, "Other than that tiny little thing, you`re doin great, keep up the good work and you may have MY job someday, hardy-har-har!" So, you build em up, tear em down, and then bring em back up again. Not that I agree with that kind of bs, but its being used all over the place. Again, thank you for your perspective!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Beetleguese Beatlegeuce Beetlejuice! LOL its the pronunciation that counts cuz u have to say it out loud. Typing doesnt count people! Now I gotta go, I got a crazy micheal keaton tearin my house apart, summoning the dead, etc! Such rude manners, too! I do say!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think this may somewhat go along with what a few friends and I discussed the other day. I have noticed that people who have the same name tend to have the same characteristics also. Although this isn't a 100% proven theory it is funny to me how I know several Dwayne's (for example) and they have a lot of the same mannerisms or attitudes. Is this just us or do any of you out there notice this also? It makes me wonder what exactly is in a name. It is your title for the rest of your life, but does it somehow mold you to react a certain way? Weird I know.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

So by calling god "God" he goes all ego-trip on us?

Another line...

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by tgidkp

Hey Tgidkp,

Thats for the thread link.

I guess I was getting at the third part of your original post:

in the story "Needful Things" by Stephen King, the evil character was defeated in the end by someone learning and speaking his true name. it was said that by being able to speak the name of a person, you are able to assume total control over them. what is this "true name"?

As several people here mentioned, knowing and using a 'true name' on a person, animal, 'demon' ... anything really, you can possibly gain power over it. Also when you know your own true name, then it also works really well to create power inside you and can be used in lots of different ways.

Anyway, I'll have to read over my old threads and maybe update them if anyone wants.

Cheers
Shane

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by tgidkp
reply to post by Greensage

are you saying, then, that the "name" as the essential nature of the being must remain a fantasy?

that the true self can never manifest itself completely into reality? it must always remain unknown?

that is an interesting interpretation. thanks!
It' would seem that maybe this is also something that needs to be over came.
The power of the spoken word, I try not to partake of such, as in doing so could quite possible offen self.
Back in older times it might of been thought better to leave someone the same way as you met them.
Like you said Hi, they looked high, fell and died so you should of also said low.
I not remark before this thread, seemed a trick question, upon digestion relize at that point it matters little.
Some might say they would huff and puff and blow your house down, those of such means might be found full of air and not that much might.
But what of a whisper that would lead everyone home ward.
The proof is in the pudding, I am sure now as I see it right before my eyes. But could I be mistaken, now that it appears to have been eaten, but back to the point.

What was the words, hey bub you better get the Beam (like large part of tree) out of thy own Eye, before you go and get what ever (mote, tiny speck of thing) it was in someone else eye.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by googolplex]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 08:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by shamus78
reply to post by tgidkp

As several people here mentioned, knowing and using a 'true name' on a person, animal, 'demon' ... anything really, you can possibly gain power over it. Also when you know your own true name, then it also works really well to create power inside you and can be used in lots of different ways.

Yes this thing is strange, a long time ago some sparrows were attaking this other Albino Sparrow trying to kill it or some thing.
But any how I yelled NO and the other birds left it alone after that, I thought maybe I should keep my mouth shut. The Albino is weaker genes?
Some thing else I had said before, like natural language, like Ouch! Like if person says Ouch! before person is getting Killed rather than during does person live.
Or AH! or AHHHH!! universal language.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:28 AM
link   
This just reminds me of, if you play golf with someone.. and they do play very good.. then you go and tell this person *you are playing very good*.. then suddenly they start playing much worse.

Its like they start thinking about how good they are playing, instead of what they where thinking of when they where playing good.

It is strange how the mind works

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join