It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 69
<< 66  67  68    70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Allred5923

"Get a life and don't knock what you can't conceive or do not know anyhting about. "You Day dreamer

You mean you disagree?
I guess the long way around with all the name calling is better for me too.
I get a sense of how you really feel,
only to remind me of how much that matters. lmao.

No, What I am really saying is that religions aren't that accurate, history book at best by way of the bible with tall tales of self preservation ideals for the weak minded of being able to say "I did it and that's it." No "Omnipotent being to relive you of your mistakes and faults, only you to learn from those mishap's and mistakes and carry on in a better manner.
Atheists have been getting bashed on ATS for their own admittance's of being Atheist's, and when you started this thread with "Atheists Nightmare" in the title, it just gets me fed up with it. I have tried many times to explain that I was once a religious individual, but through the years, I have discovered that all I was doing is diluting my own potentials by thinking there is any kind of redemption other than "Self Acknowledgement and Accountability" by way of my own action's. Too take those mistakes and understand there are other better and more satisfactory outcomes with a correct thinking process.
I have not really discussed religion due to my personal thoughts of religion's and the like. And if you'd look at my profile area, you would see it is one of the most despised topics I can think of, way too political and malleable for conversation and personal perception's.
Atheism on the other hand is being the best you can be and "Creating" the world you live in with your action's and perception's of what is happening in the here and now. Don't have any use to pray for thing's like "God, please help me want to live." kind of incantation's. Now it is more like, "Damn, if I didn't have people who loved me here on good old planet earth, I'd do myself in today." Realistic precept ion's with respect for those around me.
So, if there are any of you out there that think Atheism is a highway to hell, think again, it is just a self disclosed way of knowing thing's sometimes happen, and there is no benevolent creator to bale you out or teach the righteous way of your fault's, it is all on you and only you as an individual, cut and dry.
As for the name calling, I was only displaying the rationale you had towards Atheists, as you feel you don't deserve unnecessary rebuttal's, so do I. Atheists are relatively easy going and just as receptive as any religious individuals, saying we're going to hell for being stupid because we haven't taken the bibles versus at your depiction for face value? That's where I would like the conversation's of this nature to draw the line. I have read the bible several times over, it is a fascinating book of "Good Orderly Direction" (GOD) but it holds about as much water of being factual as a bucket with no bottom.
And by the way, doesn't the bible quote somewhere that you should be either hot or cold when it comes to belief of the christian nature? Well, seem's to me that "Lukewarm" was the undesired acceptance. So I should be just fine with my "Personal Choice" for my existance.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

No, What I am really saying is that religions aren't that accurate, history book at best by way of the bible with tall tales of self preservation ideals for the weak minded of being able to say "I did it and that's it." No "Omnipotent being to relive you of your mistakes and faults, only you to learn from those mishap's and mistakes and carry on in a better manner.

Well if Religion were anything I was taking about in the OP. I would most likely agree with you. You don't see anything wrong with what you are saying do you?
You would rather life be a school of hardknocks?
That lasts a life time. By the time you get a few things figured out it's time to go. That is what you are saying weather you realise it or not. A lifetime of starting over. Mistakes that cost you dearly. One step forward three steps back.
Just like your children need a father to guide them and keep them from making their lives a living hell. So to does mankind need their father.
I think that's at least little obvious with what is going on in the gulf partner.

We go thru this existence as a completely lost species. We don't know where were going. We can't remember where we come from. There's no one around to tell us what it is we're supposed to be doing here.
Why is that?

I think it's because our dumb asses rejected the true source of all knowledge many moons ago. As a result of God saying fine, and taking just one step back. Free will. This world has been on it's way, to completely out of control ever since. Makes perfect sense to me
that since life comes with no blueprint.

God meant to interact with us, in our conquest of the universe.
That plan was been diverted but not deleted. We we're meant to populate
the cosmos. That's why seti hears nothing. There's nothing out there
except one truth.

Atheists are relatively easy going and just as receptive as any religious individuals, saying we're going to hell for being stupid because we haven't taken the bibles versus at your depiction for face value? That's where I would like the conversation's of this nature to draw the line. I have read the bible several times over, it is a fascinating book of "Good Orderly Direction" (GOD) but it holds about as much water of being factual as a bucket with no bottom.

See this is so silly. This untruthful way of twisting the facts so you can justify your unprovoked anger. With out even a how do you do, you
come on this thread and just start ripping at some one you don't even know.

Then, it's because of something, I never wrote or said to anyone?

saying we're going to hell for being stupid

What kind of mentality can I call this?

[edit on 14-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
Alright, first I want to ask this:

(Christains only, sorry readers)

"Do you have life insurance?"

If "God" and J.C. are real, and you believe in them. You better not own any life insurance, that would be slapping them in the face. After all, don't you trust them to handle your life? And when it is time for you to die, all the insurance in the world won't save you...right?

Now, on to the comments directed at me:

Originally posted by MCAinSTL
The other person did make drinking remarks, I see you can't read. Probably a product of public education.

Wow! More of the lords work I see...

Oh, and yes I did have a public education. Did you not go to school? Or were you one of those weird "home schooled" kids? You know, the ones with no friends, other than their tutors...

Or, how about, we discuss the topic and not each other?

(And I quoted your drinking remark, which was made FIRST. Lies are the work of the devil you know...)

Now for the other poster, who I think is really nifty (Sorry to judge!)

rusethorcain

Is the whole of humanity a bunch of ignorant boobs, passing down a fairy tale?
Or does history and memory itself back them up so firmly, they are still intimately aware of their own origin and most distant past?

Alright, I am going to do both sides of the fence here.

1) Do you remember the game back in grade school, where a student would whisper a secret into another students ear? Then, the next student would whisper that same secret to the next student so-on and so-on...

Do you remember what happened to that secret once it reached the end of the class? (It wasn't the same secret as when the game started.)

This shows me that, chances are, the "stories" passed down are just that; stories.

2) Just because these things ARE stories. Does not make them fake to the people who believe in them. As far as those folks are concerned their gods are real. The same electro-chemical reactions happen in their brain, as if their god was right there hooking them up with input. So, for them, the stories are true.

A million dollars is riding on it so you have to be right...you are looking at the audience markers rising to the top of the YES column and there are so few people, (over the world at large) who clicked in the NO column, they are a almost too few to mention..

Now is this your final answer?

Is there a God?

Alright now, are you really suggesting just because a "bunch of people" believe something, it has to be true?

We are on ATS right?

Now, to me the stranger discovery was the answer to your second question is yes too. I would not have guessed that about God, no matter what they try to tell us in the "books." But surprisingly, shockingly and bewilderingly to me, I have found... He does find the time to address individual concerns. Go figure.

In reference to my belief that a god would not care about me

I am sorry, but if a god has enough time to think about me then he is a weakling. IF IF IF there is a god, I would think we are like single cell organisms to him. Sure, he knows we exist, but he doesn't know us all individually. IF IF IF IF a god exists.

I don't think you folks realize just how BIG the universe is.

I do want to ask how you know that a god addresses individual concerns, since I have seen ZERO proof of this.

I will end with another "trap" question:

If I have free will, then I get to kill the anti-Christ BEFORE he can take power, right?

(This is why I prefer the route of Atheism to Non, they can realize that my "trap" questions means that something is fishy with the fishy.)

EDIT (To ask)
Why does everyone log out when I post?

The first time, coincidence. The second time, chuckle worthy. The third time, WTF?. This time, question worthy.

[edit on 7/14/2010 by adigregorio]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Hey hey hey...
Lay off the drunkard comments, bro.
I'm not an alcoholic...they go to meetings...

I drink while I type...oh no...is that a "sin"?
Well good..."sin" makes life worth living.
Satanism...gotta love it.

Aaaaaaaaanywho...
I guess my next question is directed to the jesus people and I'm quite serious when I ask this because I'd like someone to explain it to me in plain modern parable-free/quote-free American English...

Why do we need to be "saved"?
Why would a god create a being that requires "saving"?
Why, just by virtue of the nature of being born, am I guilty of something that I never did?
I've never killed anyone.
I've never harmed an animal.
I don't eat meat (I've kept a strict vegan diet for over a decade.)
I pay taxes.
I work in behavioral health helping people.
I'm studying to be a nurse so that I may save lives.
I am in love, and therefore loved in return.
I give what I can, when I can, to those who need it to the point where I risk material injury to myself.
I am respectful of strangers and treat as I wish to be treated (unless trespassed against).

So...what about my life is sooooo awful, so wrong...so vile...that I require "salvation"?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
reply to post by rusethorcain

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you"

-Matthew 7:6

I never said that...

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Everything you just rebutted on was nothing more than my confession of being tired of people that have to think that religion's are the way to live a life, no other circumstances will do by your points of view.
The first paragraph, for respect and saved space for constantly "Quoting" for discussion refer to the answered post you had graciously provided, was an explanation of being more in line of learning from one mistake and applying the same thought process to every turn may possibly hold by way of in correct thinking or impulsive thought processes. In other word's "Learn from your mistakes." Nothing more, I don't need religion to teach me that , I had to learn it on my own.
And you are really off base with your analogy of living a miserable or unfruitful life with the way things currently are, I just don't have the constitution to allow myself to believe in something that, for conversation's sake, probably doesn't even exist in a realm of this or any other realities.
The school of hard knocks is not just limited to me you know, ask some other's in your congregation about their loved one's and their lives situation's. You will find it is the teacher that does not easily allow sympathetic reprimand's by way of "Forgive me for I have sinned." spiel's.
I must concede on one thing for conversation's sake. That being that you have managed to read what I am saying as demonising or disrespectful through a medium that does not allow one to hear the voice as a direct line of conversation. I don't want to come across as a Christian hater or a religion basher, and myself being on lack of either, I was the one approached by way of your original posted thread with the sub-title "Atheists Nightmare? and low and behold, there one of you were once again, not so much defaming Atheism but ridiculing what you don't accept under other peoples ideals and perception's.
I know where you are coming from with the religious aspect, and I understand you have concern for the so to speak "Lost Souls" that, by reading the OP was the intention. You have no right, here or in religious text to assume anything of the nature you are purposing to have a grasp on.
I was religious at one time in my life, I am not any longer. My life is bittersweet, just like any other's here on the ATS forum's. Chemically, I am no different than you, psychologically, and this plays a big roll in this conversation thus far, I have a different perception of what and who I am, though it may only vary from you by way of religious acceptances, nothing more.
More and more religion's are falling out of favor, or there are all kinds converting from one religion or another to better appeal to their way's of thinking and perception's. In Atheism, there is no diverting from one interpretation of life to another, we just simply are.
Maybe next time you could use, oh lets say "Muslim" in your title, because it wouldn't be no different than fingering Atheists as the harbinger's of hell upon mankind?
You seem like a smart and intellectual individual, with that being said, talk about your religion, not other's preferences and choices for ways of their own lives. TY....

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Hey hey hey...
Lay off the drunkard comments, bro.
I'm not an alcoholic...they go to meetings...

Hey, I have no issue with drunkards, alcoholics, or even casual drinkers. I do however have a suspicion about the trend of belief in divine knowledge and getting black out drunk, alone, at the computer or hearing Jesus speak to you in a bar. Just strikes me as odd.

I drink while I type...oh no...is that a "sin"?
Well good..."sin" makes life worth living.
Satanism...gotta love it.

That is another thing. You should "sin" I should "sin" but the people telling us how we are going to suffer at the hand of Jesus should probably try a little harder not to engage in the gluttonous poisoning of their temple should they? It dulls their message in my opinion.

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

"Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you"

-Matthew 7:6

I never said that...

I do have to apologize to you. I am pretty sure I referred to you as "Mat" again a few times. I know we have gone over that. Force of habit from my brother spelling his name wrong, lol.

edit to change diving to divine. the thread about diving knowledge was way to religious for me.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 11:38 PM
link   

Alright Gun, I know I'll be setting my self up for more snide remarks in a fruitless attempt to hurt my feeling.

Randy, Randy, Randy...The only way you set yourself up for snide remarks or derision is by offering them up to begin with. There are those of us that think eye for an eye not only sounds good but is not going far enough.

I have to ask, how is it when you watch that vid. That I will admit, I thought, was not bad at all. Never heard that before.

For socially conscious music with Christian themes it aint too bad eh?

How is it you can look at the beauty in those scapes.
Without getting a sense of appreciation for who ever obviously tried to give us a decent home.

Forgive me but I have to answer that with a question.

-How do you look at that and automatically personify anything about it?

To me, nature is absolutely stunning in all its amazing beauty as well as destruction. There is just nothing like it. When I look out at amazing natural things, I am in awe of the world we live in and the things that make it that way. It makes me curious about how things get the way they are. So far, telling me some god did it just is not convincing. Unfortunately, the god of the Bible is even less convincing as science has gone a long way to debunk any relation between that story and the natural world.

So, I have to wonder why you feel the need to attribute all that wondrous beauty to a "who" in the first place?

However all the lord of this world, your buddy your pal, wants to do is choke the everlovin life out the earth and us. I guess the way I'm seeing
you is. You think that's cool and very intelligent.

You are mistaking your fictional Satan for mine.

My Satan is not destructive, just the opposite. The way I see it -
My Satan wants me to both enjoy the beauty of nature as well as be inquisitive enough to understand it as to best enjoy and use it in a manner that would be mutually beneficial to myself and nature.

Whereas, your God seems to be saying 'Multiply and use everything you can up. Eventually you will have nothing but filth and emptiness. If you manage to survive a few millennium of starvation and loss without turning to sin, I will just come back and pick you up so don't worry about understanding how things work, k kids?'

Your Satan may be just looking to lie and destroy but mine is only looking to expose the lies that keep the sheep from understanding how to plant their own pastures in which to graze. Your Satan is some failed angel that is predestined to fight a war he is going to lose for no reason. Mine predates your bible and your god. Mine is also a fictional character so as far as him looking to destroy anything, I am not worried about the creature from "Cloverfield" either.

I expect any reaction all the way to no reaction from you .

I do my best to eventually respond to any and all posts to me in the manner in which they warrant by their nature.

I might ask you do you think BP executives are God fearing Christian men.

Do you? I would think if they believe in, much less fear, any god it would be Mammon. I find it hard to believe anyone could be afraid of the Christian god and be so carelessly greedy as to allow the destruction and loss they have, even if you just count the men dying in the explosion that apparently could have been prevented but at cost.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   
Wouldn't it be better to join forces and solve a problem?
Pick a problem...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
Pick a problem...

Sure. I would love to join forces. I can see a day when Satanist, Christian, and Muslim, etc. can team up in an effort to combat common humanity plaguing issues. I have a suggestion of a place to begin.

Problem number 1)
Religion and the people who use it to blame, alienate, de-humanize, and otherwise divide.

Any idea where to begin?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   

Pick a problem...

Alright!

I pick...

"Moral Pushing"

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

Pick a problem...

Sure. I would love to join forces. I can see a day when Satanist, Christian, and Muslim, etc. can team up in an effort to combat common humanity plaguing issues. I have a suggestion of a place to begin.

Problem number 1)
Religion and the people who use it to blame, alienate, de-humanize, and otherwise divide.

Any idea where to begin?

Yes MLK

I have a dream too.... I would begin by adding "atheist" in the Satan, Christian, Muslim, group above,...unless you are including yourself in the etc. category...

Then I would stop trying to convince theists there is no God.

Next I would start (instead of bashing them on the basis of their beliefs)... making theist's grasp the fact your rights are trampled.

They will (most) fight for your rights to be restored or recognized but they will not take up a battle against that Deity.

Instead of trying to convince theist there is no God, you should focus on mutual understanding, which attempts to bring around some sort of equality for atheism.

You don't have to hug anyone, but you don't have to bite their heads off either...though it may be tempting.

BTW: I think you have an echo.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

Pick a problem...

Alright!

I pick...

"Moral Pushing"

As if I would push you anywhere....Please elaborate.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:06 AM
link   

"Moral Pushing"

This is where one group of people THINK that their morals are greater than another group of people. Then the "Pushers" attempt to sway others by, well, pushing their "greater morals" onto the other folks.

Let's see...an example...

How about in this thread?

(Do I need to point out specific examples, really all you have to do is go back and read the last few pages to see the pushing.)

Lastly, and kinda funny:

Why do you think that this comment was directed at you?

You said, pick a problem and we can all work together.

I said "moral pushing", yet instead of working together...

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Nightmares keeping you up?

I just rarely ever sleep as it is but it is sweet you care.

One drink is not a drinking problem though you may be so intimately acquainted with such a folly, you imagine it is universal.

Of course one drink is not a problem. Unfortunately, you hardly describe that single glass of red wine at the end of the day here...

There was a point to this, though it escapes me....oh yeah. I am drinking now.

If drinking is your excuse for losing track of written words you can review at any time, then that is one hell of a ONE DRINK, wouldn't you say? Besides, I just cannot separate it from the preceding statement.

Thanks Randys, you are very kind. I never save anything and barely remember what I write. Sometimes I go back and surprise myself...I said that?

There was a point to this, though it escapes me....oh yeah. I am drinking now.

See, you admit that your drinking causes you to lose track of what you are TYPING right after claiming regular bouts of forgetting what you have posted online. How often does that coincide with "one drink?"

This may seem trivial, but I assure it stands out to me for a reason. The simple fact that you want to prove a divinity that you have credited with writing the words you do not remember, even though you just admitted drinking causes that to happen. Drinking alone is far more often than not a sign of a drinking problem. Not always, but mostly. I am not condemning that, just taking note here. Now, people with drinking problems and religious FANATICS almost all share one common issue - lack of self fulfillment. Something is missing in their lives for some reason or another and either giving into alcohol on a regular basis to simply escape from the horror of existing, as well as the tendency to become so enveloped in religious mysticism are two of the most common ways people cope with this internal emptiness. So, I see this.

Originally posted by Rusethorcain
Did you ever feel like you were missing a piece to a puzzle and if you had it you could have all the answers...just one piece?

It is not just that though. So I wonder, what is missing in someone's life that leads them to drink alone to the point of forgetting what they are typing. That makes me question the eyes through which they search for a deity in which to find purpose and love.

You see, this entire thread is from a "Christian" who is trying to explain to atheists how stupid they are and how they will suffer for it. What does he offer up? What he calls "the truth." Well, you and others come in and also want to confirm his "truth" yet none of you actually agree on most of the aspects of that truth. I find that odd that none of you question the differences found in each others "truth."

Since none of you offer up any evidence of your various truths, I have to consider the sources. This is where we find this common theme.

Right now I'm good at knock back Corona's.

Good at it? Sounds like that would take practice, no? "Right now" was alone, typing on ATS. I refer you to the above point about drinking alone.

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
then years later and one night I went to pick up a small green Gideons NT that an American woman from the Plains had left on the bar a few days earlier and as soon as I began to open the cover I heard an AUDIBLE voice as if sitting to my left that said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish- AWESTRUCK (i was not raised churched or knew any scripts) I stood to my feet turned to the voice and said yes Lord, and years later came across these-

NKbJ found his "truth" sitting in a bar. How about that? Well, I am sure he was there on a rare occasion with friends when he found that bible he decided to pick up, right? Could be. Then again, where were those friends days later when he was hallucinating on the couch? I know I could be stretching on that one but you see what it might hint at.

So, the OP is a pro at drinking alone at the computer. You drink "one drink" that makes you lose track of words on a screen. NKbJ found the truth of Jesus sitting in a bar and then had a hallucination.

You, drink and lose track of thoughts and then attribute forgotten typing to divine intervention. See the trend?

I am just curious how much of this truth has been helped along. I am not condemning any behavior whatsoever, I am just wondering about the value of a "truth" with no evidence that is contradictory when shared and finds itself touted by solo keyboard drunks who black out and hear voices. No offense to drunks or drinkers in general.

Nice try though.
It would make it so much more believable, and easier for you to discredit people speaking of things you know nothing about.

I am honestly not sure what that means.

In your own ignorance you try to discount them, sway them. You mock and jeer, as if you are the first. As if anyone enlightened would heed one rotting, decaying, lie that crawls out of your mouth.

I guess I do not understand why so many people waste time refuting the things I say if they are such obvious lies.

These well intentioned hope to save "your immortal soul" although I can't imagine why anyone would try.

Where did Randy ever make an attempt to save my soul? I missed that in the midst of all the Corona induced obfuscation and derision. Maybe you can help me out? I think maybe some people think condescending condemnation is the same thing as helping.

You do not allow for a soul, not to say it isn't laying dormant in there somewhere, like a shriveled nut.

Shucks, you are making me blush.

Your sad "how religion burned me" tale is common and so understandable.

I did not think I ever shared such a tale. Did I? Where is it? Religion did not burn me. The religions based on deities have just failed to sway me is all. I found a philosophy and religious aesthetic I could get into though. Did I really say religion burned me?

Christians in particular can be/have been, reprehensible but you are tiring with your intolerance as well.

You would be amazed at how much I do indeed tolerate nice people from all walks of life. As I have said, I invite the religious that dare darken my doorstep inside. I frequent a Baptist church. I have Christian friends and all that nonsense. I even have a really good Muslim friend who moved away recently and I miss our regular chats.

What I see in this thread, and in Christian based religious types in general around here, is this attitude that "We are supposed to be rude and arrogant, avoid real questions, and basically threaten or taunt you into understanding how stupid and wrong you are - because God loves you and wants us to."

For some reason when someone responds in kind, they seem awe struck that they might be met with rudeness in response to their "love." It is a weird blindness that affects many religious types but seems overly represented here on ATS.

My religion basically says this "If you can be cool, me too. If you want to be an obnoxious prick, I will do my best to make you regret it, then regret it a little more, and if you are a blackout drunk, maybe remind you again later."

Obviously these things will clash since what Randy must seem to think is "being cool" really come across as the latter. Even the responses I get demonstrate how myopic the religious mind can be here. When I have pointed out that someone representing Christ has lied or been a jerk, I am met with "so are you." I do not understand that at all. I am not here trying to promote a religion based on standards that would preclude such behavior. Should I not be able to pull every demonic trick in the book only to be met by indifference and love by true Christians? Hardly the case with this thread, starting with the opening post.

Reading from the Bible to dis-prove an essence that can never be found in a book.. is futile.

The only thing you can disprove by quoting the bible is the bible. I understand that.

And from your tone and temperament, I think you are wasting valuable people skills here, when you could better fulfill your clear intentions, and get some fresh air, by going out and haunting a house...
...like a nice poltergeist.

You know how to make a guys palms tingle. Really think I have the people skills of a poltergeist? I bet I can get my own reality show.

[edit on 15-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio

"Moral Pushing"

This is where one group of people THINK that their morals are greater than another group of people. Then the "Pushers" attempt to sway others by, well, pushing their "greater morals" onto the other folks.

Let's see...an example...

How about in this thread?

(Do I need to point out specific examples, really all you have to do is go back and read the last few pages to see the pushing.)

Lastly, and kinda funny:

Why do you think that this comment was directed at you?

You said, pick a problem and we can all work together.

I said "moral pushing", yet instead of working together...

And why would you throw out "moral pushing" as if I was expected to know anything about it. No one can PUSH anyone else on a website. People make suggestions and either you buy into them or you don't.
Do you feel like you have been pushed? Who pushed you and how?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   

BS.....It was out of the park!

See, I find that odd. One fellow tells me I said he was drinking and I must be on crack. I ask where I ever said that because I never did and you defend him for a false accusation as well as calling me a crack smoker? Tell me more about the loving god you follow?

If there is no God, there should not be demons either so, explain yourself?

How do you mean? Am I a demon? I am not really sure what you are saying.

As soon as I got here someone "FOED" me just for being here at all!

Was it WolfofWar? I think he is trying to see how many he can get and I guess it is actually a sign of endearment. If not, so? I make foes all that time that I have never even read one post from. Almost every foe I get, when I check their post history, we have no coinciding posts. It happens. People foe people here. I have only done it jokingly and rarely but if it is an option, people will use it. Why do you believe that is demonic?

I am getting email from wackos who want to see my breasts, I am insulted at every turn by people who claim to have somehow been maligned by Jesus.

You are getting those emails from ATS members? It seems like there is some context I am missing. Most notably how it is demonic or why it means I should explain myself???

This is like me coming here and blaming all the war, violence, and aggressive destruction in the world on men, and so singling out all of you as perpetrators of wanton rape and violence.

So you are looking to point fingers or blame no one? OK, let's begin.

Does it make sense? You are supposed to be sooooo smart.

That sounds so weirdly familiar, like I have read it somewhere before. What makes you think I should be sooooo smart? Why not soooooo smart or soooo smart? I am curious, did I ever brag of being smart? I like to think I am not so arrogant, no matter how arrogantly I come across.
Maybe you just think I am sooooo smart? I guess thanks?

Grow up- not old, and maybe you will become a real live human being some day, instead of being doomed as a statue, a fake prophet, an evil demon or some otherwise unpleasant, lurker.

Like I said before...

Think about what you just posted there. That is how these threads begin. This is why you are then met with such disdain and resistance. So I must ask, you and Randy, No King, and the 9mm Nurse there - what is the expected reaction to those sorts of things?

Say I am a demon, a lurker, a fake prophet. Do you believe that also means I am not human? You said I most likely have a soul somewhere. Should you types be looking to show me what the glory of God's love feels like...
...or just giving me reasons to dislike you and those like you more? Which would grow God's army? Which would spread love instead of fostering hate? How about just working towards making people get along better, even if some are demons and some just believe in a God that also handles Bees, Termites, and Silverfish?

Now also think about the fact that you are representing some perfect and loving god. I am representing myself and my Satanic ideals. Should you be shocked at my reaction? Remember, if you are to strike my cheek, I will smash yours bloody until the pain supersedes the satisfaction. I expect us all to play by our respective rules but it kind of seems like you guys cheat a little, does it not?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   

See, you admit that your drinking causes you to lose track of what you are TYPING right after claiming regular bouts of forgetting what you have posted online. How often does that coincide with "one drink?"

If I lost track of what I was typing my words would not make sense and I could not spell. If I reviewed your posts for spelling I would think you were beyond drunk... comatose. And yes, after I have written something I do forget about it.
And yes...you have time to go back and correct your spelling which I know you will do. You are so fearful of being "less than...." It is ok. On you, the imperfections are quaint.
Perhaps you hold your "revelations" and witticisms in a diary, or perhaps on the back of a postage stamp, or maybe you repeat them over and over in your head just to make sure this is what you think...I am not that way.
I say what I think and then forget about it.

You got a problem with that?
Again...it would be convenient to imagine I am affected by liquor, but sorry to disappoint, it is not true.
If this is the nonsense of a drunk, why do you bother to reply?

Some people, such as yourself, claim to want Satanist, Christians, Muslims. etc., to all get along but (like Palestine) whenever there is a moment of peace you use it to claim some exclusive on sanity or boast your superior intellect or to discredit our God.

You don't want peace. That much is clear.

You don't want people to take you seriously, value you or give you your say.

What you want, is for people to think as you do, or move along.

Sorry to disappoint again...this will never happen.

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:07 AM
link   

Be not deceived; God is not mocked: for whatsoever a man soweth, that shall he also reap.

For he that soweth to his flesh shall of the flesh reap corruption; but he that soweth to the Spirit shall of the Spirit reap life everlasting.

-Galatians 6:7-8

Now what's got into you?
You born again?

Nah, I got it right the first time. I am alive and everything.

This is nice and you deserve the stars but I am confused about the reference.

I do not think you are.

I love the song above so it is not meant as an insult...The last verse even states a pretty good case... for your argument over mine.

And BTW Gunnysaks, I am not telling lies. I don't have to. I do not say you have to believe in God. I only say I do and perhaps...why.

I will give the song a listen. You just pointed out something else that I am surprised to see happen.

This thread is about how atheists are ignorant of the truth. NKbJ keeps posting little more than bible quotes. For the most part, they seem randomly chosen and many apply to nothing. He is here in favor of the OP in the effort to help spread truth to the ignorant atheists of the world. Not one person has learned something or claimed to understand the intent of any of his postings of bible quotes. He has gotten no message across using the book he bases his beliefs on.

I, on the other hand represent the idea that that book is a farce and yet I had no trouble responding to you with bible quotes and you got exactly what I was saying. I was indeed calling BS on your story about emails about breasts. Not because I do not think that has ever happened but because I believe there is an entire story there that goes with that that has little to do with my explaining myself about demons.

Do you not find it odd that I can use that book to communicate ideas better than someone who bases their beliefs on it?

posted on Jul, 15 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   

Interesting song. I am not sure exactly which part you thought was more or less relevant but I am not sure it really applies to the same "wicked" as maybe this thread would. The wicked people in this story are people in bad places, suffering. These people are making desperate choices out of what appears to be lack of options to care for common needs. I am fairly certain that my idea of "wicked" as it would pertain to this thread would simply be enjoying the pleasures of the flesh. Either way, is there ever any rest for any of us? Speaking as someone who sleeps a few hours a week...I wonder....

You are impossible Gunnysaks. Quite impossible.

Mom?

new topics

top topics

<< 66  67  68    70 >>

join