It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:20 AM
link   
You guys this is so cool. I keep trying to tell you, this book that is sitting before me is alive. I keep saying, It isn't called The Living Bible for just
no reason at all.

See I was looking at all the nice things you guys are saying and I'm thinking. I have the best fan club around. So dedicated to keeping my thread going for me while go out and have a life. How cool of you guys.
Thank you by the way.
So I'm thinking what am I going to say to my fans. I picked up my Bible
flung it open at random and read the first thing I lay eyes upon.

Isaiah 55 :15
Behold they shall surely gather together. but not by me. Who so ever shall gather together against thee shall fall for thy sake.
Behold I have created the smith that blows the coals in the fire, and that bringeth forth an instrument of his work; and I have created the waster to destroy.
No weapon that is formed against thee shall prosper; and every tongue that shall rise against thee in judgement thou shalt condemn. This is the
heritage of the servants of the Lord, and their rightousness is of me,
saith the lord.

I know what you guys will say, so if you want to waste your time I really don't mind. As God as my witness I speak the truth.
Cool huh!

[edit on 14-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Haitians exhibit to news teams a cheerful resiliant fortitude in the aftermath of natural devastation. A deeply religious people they do not blame God.
They still show in abundance goodwill, grace - a disposition to kindness and compassion; Their contentment and exceptional happiness, working off little more than faith, having nothing more than each other and a belief in God is I think a testament to this phenomena of God .

This fairy tale they cling to seems to be helping.
How do you explain that?

They are ignorant, it's bliss - I am sure someone will chime in with this...since I am getting to know your individual natures...and I want to say to this response, "if this is ignorance pray that the whole world be as dumb."

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

For the broken record, I believe everyone should be happy.

If believing in your God makes you happy, then by all means believe in your God!

All I ask is for the same treatment. (Not saying you do otherwise, at least to me.)

As for a fan club. I think that would be worthless, considering a club would not move air around efficiently. And what if you hit yourself!?!?

EDIT (To change god to God (so we know which one I am referring to...))
EDIT (To fix on to one)

[edit on 7/14/2010 by adigregorio]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:31 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

As for a fan club. I think that would be worthless, considering a club would not move air around efficiently. And what if you hit yourself!?!?

Do you mean as if I had Tarets syndrome hit myself? You mean like that?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Nah, it was a really bad attempt at a pun.

"Fan Club"

Fan (A device held in the hand to cool oneself off.)

Club (A device held in the hand to beat others to a pulp.)

Fan Club (A device held in the hand to beat the heat off?)

Like I said, really bad attempt at a pun. No hidden insult or anything...

EDIT (To add)
I did it again, [snip] these fingers! (ouch!)

It's okay to say "I was wrong" and "I am sorry" I have to do it ALL the time.

Sorry I killed this thread.

See

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:51 AM
link   

If this thread is dead than you can take it as proof of life after death. It has been running on here non-stop like Montezuma's revenge!

BTW I gave you a star by accident. Would you mind returning it?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Not sure how to return stars, so I gave you one.

Can I ask the thread a question?

How about another one?

"Why is it okay to believe in god, but wrong to not believe in him?"

Now I will word it this way:

"Why is it okay (for me) to believe in god, but wrong (for me) to not believe in him?"

Lastly:

"How do others know what is right for me, and wrong for me?" (Please no semantics/etc.)

EDIT (To add)
I know how to give it back, let me know which post has the bad star and I will edit it to inform.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   

Hey I am only kidding about the star. Don't want it back though I did plop one down hastily. Something you said must have made sense!

"Why is it okay to believe in god, but wrong to not believe in him?"

This is not the case, and people who say it is "wrong" not to believe in God are misled, mistaken, wrong.
It is an option. A personal choice or calling. Everyone does not have it or favor it.
The way you asked two questions in one sentence it is hard to answer without the potential for being misunderstood. Hopefully you get, I am siding with you.
It is a waste of breath to argue foolish, narrow minded zealots. Everyone is not that way though.
It would be a boring world if everyone was the same.
We should show a reasonable degree of civility and tolerance for all ideas, though they may seem strange and foreign to us, as long as they cause no actual harm.
This way we might all get along.
"Stop telling people what to do".... I always say this.
Live and let live.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:32 AM
link   

Actually, the first hospitals as we know them today started in the Middle East and not the Christian west

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

If something I said made sense, then I am failing!

Thank you for the star too! Mistake or not

You and I are on the same page, methinks.

My whole stance is pretty simple, leave me alone and I leave you alone.
(In regards to religion/politics/etc.)

I also believe that everyone is right in their beliefs. Jehovah exists, Jesus exists, Ra exists, Zeus, Eris, so-on.
(How is that for making sense)

EDIT (To add)
Oh yeah, I also believe that none of those deities exist.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 07:13 AM
link   

My whole stance is pretty simple, leave me alone and I leave you alone.

What is this sarcasm?
Sorry, this just dosn't seem to be the case.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Do I care?

If you mean in regards to the question:

"Is there a god?"

I say, probably not.

"Do I care if there is a god?"

Nope.

And lastly:

"Does a god care about me?"

Depends on the god I suppose.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

You claim to hear voices of your religious icons...
I'm not here to debate that.
You hear what you hear.
However...you have "faith", right?
So...according to the way your religion works, wouldn't it make more sense for your god to talk directly to those of us who disagree?
You already work for him, right?
So, logic would dictate (and yes, I'm trying to reconcile the logic/faith dichotomy [yes, I know a big word or two]...) that your god would wish to recruit those people who do not have your kind of faith in order to unite humanity.
Why speak to someone who already believes?
Why not try to convince those who do not?
(and I'm going to take a shot in the dark [heh] and say that your answer will be "because we listen"...right? Well, if your god is all-powerful, he would be able to make himself heard to us regardless of whether we're listening or not. Such is the nature of omnipotence.)

One more thing...why would your jesus guy speak to you and just quote the bible?
Why not, being that we're a modern people, speak to you in a more contemporary manner?
Why hasn't he asked you how you're doing?
Why hasn't he asked you what your hobbies are?
Your interests?
Why not ask you questions that make for comfortable conversation?
"Have you ever been in love?"
"What's your favorite food?"
"Why is it that so many people fight and hate and kill each other when all my dad wants is for all of us to chill and hang together and grab a beer while we watch the Mets game?"

Why is it always "the world is in peril" and "doom awaits you" and whatnot?
Why keep quoting himself (or whichever guy claims to have previously spoken with him)?
Why not "hey boyo, tell your friends to meet me at the Chinese joint on the corner and we'll grab some dinner and talk about how we can make a difference in the world?"
Why not that?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

Is it at all possible for you to post an original thought and not continue to quote your bible?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
I'd simplistcaly like to relish this one moment, in the space time continuum while in avoidance of any ostricising comments of conviction of our more
willingly wicked . Those who pride themselves on deciet worshipping the father of lies . Those who would say that black is really white. The moon is
just a solid light. If you wish to walk through golden halls. You'll have to be there when the devil calls.

Maybe Coronas and ATS are not a great mix. I worship no one. I have never once said that black was white and I know full well the moon is not a light.

You guys are way to heavy man. Smile once in awhile It doesn't hurt.
Also can I ask a question that I hope you can all drop the plastic arrogance
for one post to answer?

What makes you think that any of us are heavy? You are the one starting threads to tell atheists they are going to suffer for their stupidity. What is going on in your life that you needed to put that out there? Myself, I am a pretty happy person. I just have a problem with people who lie and insult in the name of Jesus.

What is so bad about having somebody, anybody love you.

Nothing. Love is just about the most wonderful thing in the world, even given the wicked downsides that may or may not accompany it at times.

Even if it's God?

Well, that part is no good because he twitches when he lays on his side making him an annoying cuddler. Aside from that, he is imaginary. Ever been loved by a real person you can communicate with in the real world? Now that is amazing!

Two parts. What is up with all your bloody hatred of a guy who you don't even know?

What is up with yours?

He hasn't been around for 2000 yrs.

Who? God? What?

He, weather he was right about it or not, believeed in what he was doing. That is DYING FOR YOU. The very fact that I and many others on this site. can feel your deep
hatred, of some one who lived 2000 yrs ago. Is the only proof I need that
Jesus Christ is your creator and God in the flesh.

Where was our "hatred" before you started this thread? Your ego goes a long way to demonstrate that you are mistaking derision aimed solely at you for hatred of Jesus. If that helps ya.

I have to be careful, or I could tell you all something about evil you obviously don't know.

I love when my little brother says that too. "I know something you don't know! Oops, I almost told you when I could have just said nothing at all. Darn it to heck!"

You know nothing and you have nothing useful to tell. If you did, you would have, otherwise you would be doing the work of the devil by hiding information that could help bring us closer to the Lord. Tsk tsk.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by adigregorio
reply to post by randyvs

Do I care?

If you mean in regards to the question:

"Is there a god?"

I say, probably not.

"Do I care if there is a god?"

Nope.

And lastly:

"Does a god care about me?"

Depends on the god I suppose.

Is the whole of humanity a bunch of ignorant boobs, passing down a fairy tale?
Or does history and memory itself back them up so firmly, they are still intimately aware of their own origin and most distant past?

Put it this way...

If you were a contestant on "Who Wants To Be a Millionaire" and this question came up and the world at large is "the audience" and you were to take this question and ask the audience, "Is there a God?" their answer would come back overwhelmingly in the affirmative.

A million dollars is riding on it so you have to be right...you are looking at the audience markers rising to the top of the YES column and there are so few people, (over the world at large) who clicked in the NO column, they are a almost too few to mention..

Now is this your final answer?

Is there a God?

Now, to me the stranger discovery was the answer to your second question is yes too. I would not have guessed that about God, no matter what they try to tell us in the "books." But surprisingly, shockingly and bewilderingly to me, I have found... He does find the time to address individual concerns. Go figure.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I have attained the 1337 post. I am galactus, I am consuming this thread, all will be glorified in their sacrifice for the life of galactus

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCAinSTL
The other person did make drinking remarks, I see you can't read. Probably a product of public education.

Ahem...

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

reply to post by K J Gunderson

And you say I'm drinking. I guess that means you are hitting the crack pipe.

When did I say that?

Swing and a miss.

Another little lie brought to us in the name of Jesus!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

The other person did make drinking remarks, I see you can't read. Probably a product of public education.

Ahem...

reply to post by K J Gunderson

And you say I'm drinking. I guess that means you are hitting the crack pipe.

When did I say that?

Swing and a miss.

Another little lie brought to us in the name of Jesus!

BS.....It was out of the park!

If there is no God, there should not be demons either so, explain yourself?

As soon as I got here someone "FOED" me just for being here at all!
I am getting email from wackos who want to see my breasts, I am insulted at every turn by people who claim to have somehow been maligned by Jesus.

This is like me coming here and blaming all the war, violence, and aggressive destruction in the world on men, and so singling out all of you as perpetrators of wanton rape and violence.

Does it make sense? You are supposed to be sooooo smart.

Grow up- not old, and maybe you will become a real live human being some day, instead of being doomed as a statue, a fake prophet, an evil demon or some otherwise unpleasant, lurker.

[edit on 14-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join