It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 65
<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by rusethorcain

here's a drink on The House-

For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of publicans and "sinners." '-Luke7.34

Don't go there Jesus. I'd hate to have to eviscerate you too.

How far "there" does one have to go? I am intrigued at this fortold evisceration.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

We both understand scriptures. We understand how vague and easily manipulated they can be. We understand for three hours now you have been hiding behind them for some reason. We both understand, better then you do. What you seem to not understand is from the beginning I, and now I'm suspecting he as well, are both looking for just a simple word. One simple answer you refuse to give. A word NOBODY CAN MISUNDERSTAND. Let's try this again:

Just post YES or NO.

Would you kill a person if god spoke to you again and told you to?

-It's not murder, since it's divine will.
-It's not in self defense.

Yes or no?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
Would you kill a person if god spoke to you again and told you to?
Yes or no?

I want to try, since this MUST be a super hard question to answer!

Okay, here I go...

No

...wow...that was a let down. Not hard at all.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by MCAinSTL
reply to post by WolfofWar

Wow, you keep on about Hitler. What about Stalin and Pol Pot?

What about them? You have not finished your point about Hitler so not time to change the subject yet. Fail one step at a time.

Hitler says he was Christian.
You say he was a Pagan.

Which of those is atheist again? Clear that up and we can move on.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Yes, it was quite easy. I just don't understand why its hard for the man who claims god has actually written through him to answer this.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

I know why!

Because, if the poster answers "Yes I would" he/she knows that they would be labeled as "insane". (Rightly so, in my opinion. Since "god" doesn't talk to people, or we have no proof he does.)

If the poster answers "no I wouldn't" he/she has just defied their god. Which is where that fear comes into play.

What a wonderful relationship that is, ehh?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

No, actually I started by making a reasonable statement, and then got spewed with childish insults, not by you, but the other one.

You mean this one...

One thing about atheists, they are more annoying about their religion of non-belief that the most evangelical Christians.

You got back exactly what you offered.

If you read my original post, you would see that I more believe in ancient alien theory, and can find it in the Bible.

Then reading your original post would also indicate you are in the wrong thread as the OP is quite clearly about how doomed stupid atheists are. No ancient aliens to be had in that discussion. More importantly, it says nothing about any aliens at all.

In 1670, Blaise Pascal wrote the Pensees, where he wrote what's known as Pascal's Wager.

Simply put, he says it's better to believe in God, and live a righteous life. That way, if God exists, you will receive salvation. If there is no God, well, no harm no foul, you will be worm meal. If you don't believe and there is a God, you are kind of screwed.

One thing about atheists, they are more annoying about their religion of non-belief that the most evangelical Christians. They scream "Seperate church and state" yet they are doing whatever they can to make their religion of atheism the state religion.

I have no hatred for athiests. I find it's the athiests who have the hatred. I'm just responding in kind.

So you showed up to call us annoying out of love?

[edit on 14-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

One thing I love about Christian bashers, is they only rip on Christianity because Christians are easy targets.

What makes them easy targets?

Who is bashing them now that makes you think of that?

Why is it that you only protest around Catholic and suburban churches.

What atheist protest might you be referring to, please?

In California, after the gay marriage vote, where most of the no votes came from the minority communities, you protested outside of Mormon churches.

Who did?

You all knew better than to protest inside of a church in South Central or East LA.

Again, who?

Also, why not protest outside of a Mosque? Better yet, instead of this anonymous site, go to an Islamic site, give your real name, and spew your insults.

My Muslim friends never start threads telling me what a stupid ass I am. My Muslim friends never call me annoying. My Muslim friends do not bother me with religion. They go pray and come back. What should I protest?

Probably because you don't have the testicular fortitude to really stand up for your beliefs.

Who are you even talking to? Does it show testicular fortitude to rant angrily against people that are not here????

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Although most German Nazis were Pagans, they were also Socalists. The only difference between National Socalism and Communism is that Communists think internationally, and National Socalists are nationalists. According to the Socalists philosophy, religion is to be replaced by the state.

I guess I need to preface this by saying I voted to let gay people be married here in Missouri, but I stand by my previous post about the cowardice of the protesters in California who only picked easy targets in the churches they disrupted. They didn't go near churches in minority communities or mosques.

I don't have a problem with how people believe or not believe. It is the athiests who are constantly suing to take the Pledge of Allegiance out of schools, to take crosses off military cemeteries, to take "So help me God" out of the Presidental oath, and so on.

As for history. You talk about how the Catholic Church turned a blind eye to Hitler (true). They also helped Nazis escape to South America. The Crusades, dark ages, ect. Also, most terrorism, whether the IRA or Al-Qaeda is religious based. I think that explains why religion should be taught in schools, and that religion is a very significant part of history.

Let's not also forget that the anti-slavery movement in America was religious based, and that religious groups like AA and The Salvation Army, and others do most of the charity work world wide.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   

if you say the scriptures you "cannot understand" why in the world would I think you could understand what I say?

Because I can understand you when you do write. I can understand the scriptures as well. What I can not understand is how they apply to what they are in response to or how you think you are using them. I do not understand what you think you are getting across by posting them.

do you believe my testimony?

I think that I believe that you believe it. How hard do you want me to think about it?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   
I did answer you both from the beginning you just fail to understand willfully I suppose anything to justify yourselves right? it is like I agree with that guy! man I wonder what in the world that could be-holy cow just because now 10 answers later you want me to write/type a few letters instead of answering another way put's you all in a less than fair intelligence kind of light because I do not do exactly what you want? get it! if you cannot understand the first time you have no hope even this time and with that I'm off to some hopefully more challenging posters, sweet dreams ladies

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

As for testicular fortitude, I post my photo and location, do you?

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:14 AM
link   

As for testicular fortitude, I post my photo and location, do you?

In fairness, I also post my real photo and location. I know, I know, I'm far too young to have so many wrinkles, but alas, four packs a day will do you in.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   
reply to post by MCAinSTL

It is the athiests who are constantly suing to take the Pledge of Allegiance out of schools, to take crosses off military cemeteries, to take "So help me God" out of the Presidental oath, and so on.

Those things do not belong in those places. If they were not in those places, they would not have to be removed...

What about those Christians that murder because of abortion?

I can make strawmen too!

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Although most German Nazis were Pagans, they were also Socalists. The only difference between National Socalism and Communism is that Communists think internationally, and National Socalists are nationalists. According to the Socalists philosophy, religion is to be replaced by the state.

So you cannot make up your mind then? You have to pick one. Were the Nazis a Christian movement, Atheist, or Pagan?

I guess I need to preface this by saying I voted to let gay people be married here in Missouri, but I stand by my previous post about the cowardice of the protesters in California who only picked easy targets in the churches they disrupted. They didn't go near churches in minority communities or mosques.

You have still not provided us with the name of the atheist group that protested a church or what atheist driven issue they were protesting.

I don't have a problem with how people believe or not believe. It is the athiests who are constantly suing to take the Pledge of Allegiance out of schools, to take crosses off military cemeteries, to take "So help me God" out of the Presidental oath, and so on.

That is because you are so biased you are blind. God was put into the pledge long after it was written. Did you complain about Christians having it included when it was not originally? Do you really think that non-Christians should be forced to pick between a star of david and a Christian symbol? Do you believe that only people who believe in a god can be president? If so, are there any gods that are not on that list?

As for history. You talk about how the Catholic Church turned a blind eye to Hitler (true). They also helped Nazis escape to South America. The Crusades, dark ages, ect. Also, most terrorism, whether the IRA or Al-Qaeda is religious based. I think that explains why religion should be taught in schools, and that religion is a very significant part of history.

Religion should be taught in religious schools. The history and variety of what religion is should be taught in school.

Let's not also forget that the anti-slavery movement in America was religious based, and that religious groups like AA and The Salvation Army, and others do most of the charity work world wide.

Catholics represent child molestors world-wide. We can do that all day. Kind of seems like wandering off topic to me.

[edit on 7/14/10 by evil incarnate]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:20 AM
link   

I did answer you both from the beginning you just fail to understand willfully I suppose anything to justify yourselves right? it is like I agree with that guy! man I wonder what in the world that could be-holy cow just because now 10 answers later you want me to write/type a few letters instead of answering another way put's you all in a less than fair intelligence kind of light because I do not do exactly what you want? get it! if you cannot understand the first time you have no hope even this time and with that I'm off to some hopefully more challenging posters, sweet dreams ladies

No, you haven't answered, because the answer required not a scripture quote, but a simple yes or no, you still are unable to do it. We wanted a simple yes or no. three letters, it could've been in any language! Could have been in any variation. Just one word. Instead you hide, you dodge, you try to be vague and try (futilely) to attack ones intelligence and comprehension skills, all in order to AVOID answering the question. I EXPLICITLY states I only wanted a yes or no, you were unable to comply.

I will take this as tacit compliance. Your refusal to answer correctly speaks volumes of what you believe, and what you believe frightens me, not because of the book you worship or the god you pray to, but because you hear voices, and are, as I am now forced to assume, willing to kill if the voice says so.

Prove me wrong, all you need is one sentence, in your words.

[edit on 7-14-2010 by WolfofWar]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

I would have to disagree, lack of an answer is not an answer in this case.

The answer may be a no, in fact the chance is just as equal.

If that poster thinks that saying no (the truth?) is denouncing his god, then he will do anything to keep from saying "no".

On the other hand, I have seen many a person admit they WOULD kill for their god, even if he/she/it didn't ask them right out.

I still say it is 50/50 with that poster. They won't answer, because no matter the answer "they lose".

EDIT (To add)
My personal opinion, he would not kill for his god.

He stated somewhere "Would He ask me to?" or something to that effect. Which I took as: "God would never ask me to kill, so I wouldn't kill for god."

Of course, like you pointed out; that is just dodging the question.

[edit on 7/14/2010 by adigregorio]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Again, Socalism is very athiest, at least that's what the Communist Manifesto says. I'm sure the orignal Nazis were a mix of many different beliefs, Socalism replaces religion with the state.

I'll give you the protesters in CA were probably a mix of beliefs, the athiests use the courts.

I'm not Catholic and will agree what they did to the children was horrible. If it was up to me, molesters would be given the death penality.

I notice you attack Christians, again because they are the easy target as most don't fight back. I believe that's being a bully. Why don't most who attack religion, not here, but publicly, don't attack the other religions who won't hesitate to fight back?

If Christians are so bad, why do they run most charities, and why can't I think of one athiest charity?

[edit on 14-7-2010 by MCAinSTL]

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

reply to post by evil incarnate

If Christians are so bad, why do they run most charities, and why can't I think of one athiest charity?

Money, it's a gas.

This is what a second line looks like.

This is what the third one would look like if I had typed it.

posted on Jul, 14 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   
reply to post by adigregorio

Adigregorio, most people don't claim to have physically heard Gods voice speak to him, not in his head even, but audibly. Most people don't claim that when they are drunk the Lord comes out and writes through them. This isn't a "most" people scenario. This is a scenario identical to the very psychopaths I had previously posted news articles about. The ones that heard god and killed people in his name.

This is certainly not a "gotcha" moment, this is a moment that I, possibly the first time ever, on ATS, have felt some deep fear of another person.

top topics

<< 62  63  64    66  67  68 >>

join