It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 60
<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

You can wear a green dress all day long everyday if you want, but don't try to tell me it's yellow.

Although any hellacious exhabitionists, lamenting in my hood and especially in the entry way, of my humble abode. Might be better off in the yellow dress. Reason being the closer they would be to looking like a caution sign, the less chance I would awake to the sound of any well deserved gunfire.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Who's da big boyeee? Who's da wittle man? Is that the kind of simplification you wish to be addressed with? For the mind to understand the laceration inflicted into this inaudible world they first must come to an understanding. The world is not what we make it. The world has already been made.

I think if one were to further ostricise any hellacious lamenter it would
involve various statements of plastic horned devils in the mockery
of their own childish hoof prints leading to deepened cavities of rot
in the very bowels of the earth. Only to be vomited back up to the surface
covered in a life sustaining ectoplasym.

I understand what you are saying. I think. Let me know.

Your saying If life consisted of limited/eco friendly energy that it would supplement the very fabric of our existence. I agree whole heartedly.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

You can wear a green dress all day long everyday if you want, but don't try to tell me it's yellow.

Although any hellacious exhabitionists, lamenting in my hood and especially in the entry way, of my humble abode. Might be better off in the yellow dress. Reason being the closer they would be to looking like a caution sign, the less chance I would awake to the sound of any well deserved gunfire.

Post pragmatic or Pre pragmatic?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Dear randyvs,
I am truly sorry you have such a "Savior Complex" for the whole of humanity. It must be difficult being a self absorbed and such righteous individual for baring such weight.
You have got your compass stuck into to your reality, not by way of "Self Analitical Propoganda" but by way of "Self Absorbed Ideals and Belief's" which apparently makes you upset because you can't get "Everyone" to buy into to "Your" personal belief system. I have a good friend that turned out that way, now we hardly ever talk any more.

God fortold of the day when arrogant men would scough at
God fearing people.

Arrogant? Well, isn't that calling the pot calling the Kettle black? And thank you for your very "Unintelligent analogy of my lifes perceptions" must be some kind of medium as well, don't even know you and you don't care for me enough to say I am not "Happy or Satisfied" with my current way of life. "Appreciate that you narcissist!!"

So what all can you tell me?

"Shut up!!" Would be a good begining for our conversation. As for being the "For told in the Bible retoric, in case you didn't know, we are "Individuals" with our own thought's and perception's of what is right for ourselves, don't need a "Bible Thumper" telling me I don't know what I am talking about, after all, you are only repeating what you had read or heard by way of pullpit or a book that "May" have been written by , let's say "A Man on Acid or hulicenagine?" You can't argtu that possibility because you "Honestly don't know your self.

Maybe death dosn't exist either?

Bad sarcasism as well, if you had the patience to think before you wrote this thread, you would have realized that, as an Atheist, life has only one true out come, "We Die!!~" If there is anything in your life or anyone elses life that they will enevitably do, it's "DIE" so yes there is death, you are just buffering your existance with the slight possibility you will be comforted by an omnipotent creator to make yourself feel better.
You /me/us are born then we die." Simple as that. And by the way "Worm food" don't wait for Angles. So, no trumpet's...

One thing that can't be argued, we are all intelligent enough that we should have
it sorted out by the time we do sleep. So start off with the truth that everyone knows ( There is only one truth) and check yourself, before you wreck yourself.
Your life is literally in your hands.

Reverend Wright might make a good cronie for you, I mean lets face it , in your eye's, if you are not "A Religous Person" you aren't smart, you referred to people of the Atheistic community as Stupid/Unitelligent/Unworthy and last but not least "Doomed" for not being able to get a grip with religion.

Stop preaching, for when the time comes, and the light's arent threre and you find that death is not nothing more than conserving air for the next to be born, then and only then will you concede to the fact we are nothing more than energy that changes into another form of energy.

You are really mean spirited when it comes to your prejedices, and being's I am a person of ettiquette and respect, I will not venture down the road for the words I truly have for your "Personal Belief Systems".

"Get a life and don't knock what you can't conceive or do not know anyhting about. "You Day dreamer..."

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Randys You are too funny.

A positive comment. How refreshing for me today!
The rest of this is for your fan club!
And what a dedicated group of followers you have. Enlightened yet?
Myself...

After being called stupid all afternoon hesitant to admit
I already know faith is stupid and blind too.
I have to allow for others to believe there is no God, certainly.
This has always been a given.
But I don't have to surrender my own belief at the door to do it.

This seems to be what some of the most vehement posters are asking me to do.
This is an extremism like, and just as dangerous, as any other.

I never presumed to judge a person by their personal view of creation or even by their philosophy. I have read of brilliant atheists of course and Satanists that had some good points. No pun intended.

I never prohibit or judge any other personal decisions a person makes...

as long as they harm no one.

This is that "dirty libertarian platform" so many I encounter on ATS would like to put an end to permanently...

...Faith at it's purest core essentially is stupid.

It is not however stupidity,
foolish, but not foolishness.
It goes against everything sane and sensible...
but it is not insanity.

Churches, most of them, scourges on the Earth....I am afraid hopelessly corrupted and yet the good people who began attending before it was so badly corrupted are still there praying. Praying to something, intangible but yet a thing that carries them from one impossible situation to the next...and that is their only crime so you cannot blame them and punish indiscreetly.
Inside every Church and country for that matter...There are good people too.

Don't, set fire to the church, to spite the religion.

Collateral damage must be unacceptable for theist and atheist alike.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Allred5923

www.earthscape.net...
Earth a Historical Perspective - The Light Workers

Planet Earth is nearing the completion of an evolutionary cycle that originated approximately 480,000 years ago. At the beginning of each such cycle, a "blueprint" is established to guide the nature of the experiences that are to unfold throughout the cycle. With regard to Earth, the blueprint for this particular evolutionary cycle was designed to provide souls an opportunity to experience a great diversity of life forms. Thus, in the beginning, samples of genetic structures were gathered from planetary systems throughout our universe. These were then used to create a wide variety of plant and animal forms. Approximately 300,000 years ago, conditions had evolved to the point that it was deemed appropriate to seed the planet with sentient species. Thus, a large number of new souls were created, and a variety of human and cetacean forms were seeded upon the lands and within the oceans.

www.articlesbase.com...

With 2012 only a couple years away I hear a lot of talk about the biblical prophecies that most modern religions interpret as "the end of the world." This of course stems from several cosmologies from around the world that have astrological calendars with significant dates from 2011 to 2013. These philosophies include the Hopi Indians, Tibetan beliefs, and the famous Mayan calendar. I have noticed in the past, there has never been a shortage of interpretations regarding these exciting predictions. The challenge I found is the lack of unity these theories seemed to have. This is not a new trend. Throughout history when new philosophies are born it seems they rarely give much credit to their sources. You will notice most religious symbols, rituals, and holidays have pagan (A word Roman’s used for local or native) roots. Religion is the oldest game on the planet. On the other side Mysticism has over centuries adopted many of the structured beliefs we find mainly in modern religion. There is a teaching in the bible that states, by two or three witnesses will truth be established. I believe that by combining different philosophies we can find some clarity on these tricky prophecies. Read more: www.articlesbase.com... Under Creative Commons License: Attribution

And this..144000.net...

A legion of spiritual beings has been sent to assist you. Those beings will give you courage, inspiration, and will help you to arise when you stumble. When your path becomes invaded by beings full of darkness, the enlightened beings will show you how to illuminate those beings in darkness and free them from their confusion. The light of your guardians will illuminate you so that you may contemplate your path and discover its dangers. When will man prepare himself in order to listen to the wise advise of the spiritual world and guide himself through their inspirations? Truly I say to you that as your thoughts become more pure, and as your deeds become more simple and virtuous, you will perceive the presence and influence of the spiritual world in your life with greater clarity, and greater will be the miracles that you will receive from it.

144000 Beings of Light

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I'm looking for a comment on your post. Total brain freeze admitedly at
the risk of being capitalised upon. Yet worth letting you know, I am in awe.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   

"Get a life and don't knock what you can't conceive or do not know anyhting about. "You Day dreamer

You mean you disagree?
I guess the long way around with all the name calling is better for me too.
I get a sense of how you really feel,
only to remind me of how much that matters. lmao.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sometimes you see the hand of God in unusual places, even in disasters. The FEMA director during the Clinton Years relayed a couple of stories. He was being taken around town to survey the damage of a tornado by the Police Chief. "See that mattress up in that tree? A 4 year old boy landed on that mattress. It saved his life." Looking at a bare foundation with nothing left on it except a sturdy old dresser. "The family was frantic, they could not find the baby. The baby was found safe inside one of the drawers. No one could explain how he got there. A Policeman drove down a hurricane devastated road he admits he doesn't know why he even drove there. While he was casually looking around some rubble he sees what looks like a doll in the debris. It is a muddy baby girl about 1 year old nothing broken, only very traumatized.....and there are more...

Thanks Randys, you are very kind. I never save anything and barely remember what I write. Sometimes I go back and surprise myself...I said that?

Between you, me and the lamppost...
I don't think it is me writing.
Or I would remember right?
I write like most people throw up, only when you have to and for as long as you must.....others might say ad nauseum

There was a point to this, though it escapes me....oh yeah. I am drinking now.
A liqueur I made myself. A bottle of anisette, 1/4 cup kahlua some cinnamon stick, lemon and orange rind. 24hrs and voila! It goes well with coffee. Going to watch Scrubs now. I love that show.
So you can see what a terrible person I am Demon in Rags... Drinking and cavorting (I might cavort) while the whole world starves, while the oil spills.
It is not fair, I do not like it or understand it, almost none of it. All I do know is that if you spread love instead of hate around...it will start a ripple.

Like the flapping of a butterflies wings...

My compliments to ALL

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by K J Gunderson

And if you understand that DEATH is not a bad thing but a return to God you will see that there is nothing we should fear but our own karma our own development our own progress. God takes care of His own.

Death is a return to our pure self. Our energy consciousness.

Of course I do not fear death. But it has nothing to do with any god.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
Between you, me and the lamppost...
I don't think it is me writing.
Or I would remember right?

How very magical sounding. There must be some divine hand moving you to write the things you do without memory. It would only make sense that some deity would want you to write things but not receive the message yourself, right?

There was a point to this, though it escapes me....oh yeah. I am drinking now.
A liqueur I made myself.

Ummm...actually I think I solved your mystery.

Randy having more Coronas too? I see a trend.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   

So, I give my opinion, which coincides with a natural occurrence (death) and it's "rotting my mind"?
Then you attempt to insult me, then ignore me?
Again...how very "christ-like".
Well, you just proved exactly how narrow-minded you are and I didn't even have to do anything.
Like that dumb kid who looks down the barrel of a gun to see if it's loaded.
Nice.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   

here's a drink on The House-

For John the Baptist came neither eating bread nor drinking wine, and they say, 'He has a demon.' The Son of Man came eating and drinking, and they say, 'Here is a glutton and a drunkard, a friend of publicans and "sinners." '-Luke7.34

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

one night after picking up a small green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the bar a few days earlier and as soon as I began to open the cover an AUDIBLE voice as if sitting on my left said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish-AWESTRUCK(not being raised churched or knowing any scripts) I stood to my feet turned towrds the voice and said Yes Lord, and came across these years later

I tell you the truth, a time is coming and has now come when the dead will hear the voice of the Son of God and those who hear will live.-John5.25

For Christ's love compels us, because we are convinced that one died for all, and therefore all died.-2Cor5.14

the testimony of Jesus is the spirit of prophecy."-Rev19.10

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

one night after picking up a small green Gideon NT that a woman had left on the bar a few days earlier and as soon as I began to open the cover an AUDIBLE voice as if sitting on my left said-my name, I am Jesus I died for your sins believe in Me and you will never perish-AWESTRUCK(not being raised churched or knowing any scripts) I stood to my feet turned towrds the voice and said Yes Lord, and came across these years later

You heard the voice of Jesus Christ, you say?

Justice John Scurfield said Vince Li’s attack on Tim McLean last summer was “grotesque” and “barbaric,” but “strongly suggestive of a mental disorder.”...Both Crown and defense psychiatrists had testified at Li’s trial that he was suffering from schizophrenia and believed God wanted him to kill McLean because the young man was a force of evil.

The Globe & Mail, March 4th 2009

"I believe I'm Elijah, called by God to be a prophet," said 26-year-old Terry Mark Mangum, charged with murder June 11. " ... I believe with all my heart that I was doing the right thing."

...Mangum, who described himself as "definitely not a homosexual," said God called on him to "carry out a code of retribution" by killing a gay man because "sexual perversion" is the "worst sin."
"I planned on sending him to hell," he said.

Paige Hewitt, Boston Chronicle: July 15 2007

Christopher Lee McCuin, 25, from Texas killed his girlfriend and cooked parts of her body, police allege...

McCuin told investigators that God made him kill 21-year-old Jana Shearer, Smith County sheriff's Lieutenant Larry Wiginton said.

Daily Telegraph, Jan 08, 2008

In rambling messages to family, friends, police and the owners of Shoot Straight, the Casselberry gun range she chose for Sunday's fatal shooting, Marie Moore said the murder-suicide was the only way to save her son Mitchell Moore, her family and the world from violence and eternal damnation.

God decreed it, she wrote in documents released Tuesday...

...During a 2003 suicide attempt, her son stopped her from killing herself, she said in one recording. She thought God punished her for her failure by making her the "antichrist," and that she must die to save the world from violence.

"You have a gun, you can do it," she said God told her.

Gary Taylor, Orlando Sentinel. April 08 2009.

All of these people heard either God, Jesus Christ, or the Holy Spirit speak to them, audibly and told them to do something. If I am to believe that God audibly spoke to you, should I believe he spoke to them as well?

[edit on 7-13-2010 by WolfofWar]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Bill Maher summed it up nicely...

The irony of religion is that because of its power to divert man to destructive courses, the world could actually come to an end. The plain fact is, religion must die for mankind to live.

The hour is getting very late to be able to indulge in having in key decisions made by religious people. By irrationalists, by those who would steer the ship of state not by a compass, but by the equivalent of reading the entrails of a chicken. George Bush prayed a lot about Iraq, but he didn't learn a lot about it. Faith means making a virtue out of not thinking. It's nothing to brag about. And those who preach faith, and enable and elevate it are intellectual slaveholders, keeping mankind in a bondage to fantasy and nonsense that has spawned and justified so much lunacy and destruction.

Religion is dangerous because it allows human beings who don't have all the answers to think that they do. Most people would think it's wonderful when someone says, "I'm willing, Lord! I'll do whatever you want me to do!" Except that since there are no gods actually talking to us, that void is filled in by people with their own corruptions and limitations and agendas. And anyone who tells you they know, they just know what happens when you die, I promise you, you don't. How can I be so sure? Because I don't know, and you do not possess mental powers that I do not.

The only appropriate attitude for man to have about the big questions is not the arrogant certitude that is the hallmark of religion, but doubt. Doubt is humble, and that's what man needs to be, considering that human history is just a litany of getting # dead wrong. This is why rational people, anti-religionists, must end their timidity and come out of the closet and assert themselves. And those who consider themselves only moderately religious really need to look in the mirror and realize that the solace and comfort that religion brings you actually comes at a terrible price.

If you belonged to a political party or a social club that was tied to as much bigotry, misogyny, homophobia, violence, and sheer ignorance as religion is, you'd resign in protest. To do otherwise is to be an enabler, a mafia wife, for the true devils of extremism that draw their legitimacy from the billions of their fellow travelers. If the world does come to an end here, or wherever, or if it limps into the future, decimated by the effects of religion-inspired nuclear terrorism, let's remember what the real problem was that we learned how to precipitate mass death before we got past the neurological disorder of wishing for it. That's it. Grow up or die.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Bill Maher has a thing against anybody who is even remotely religious though. We all have our own religions and devices, things we believe with faith and faith alone. 90% of Christians I have met are good people, even very rational people. They believe in God, but I can't question any decision they make as one being un-rational or non-thought out. Some people, though, possibly even some people in this thread, are irrational and possibly downright dangerous. If "No King But Jesus," whom believes he audibly heard Jesus Christ, has another message, which states he has to kill a child to save the world, or else be condemned to hell, what would he do? That's a frightening situation.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

Of course many religious people are good people and look at things in relation to our modern society. But it's way too common that religion goes against common sense.

I give you an example:

I went to one of the top unis in London, and one of my good friends is Jewish. We get along well and everything, but when I hear him say things like "I believe the earth is 6000 years old" and similar things, part of me wants to punch him. How come a guy who got into one of the top schools, trying to become a leader in business, throws all common sense over board??? I spent a lot of time at the pub with him talking about his belief...and he FINALLY started to question things. His parents hate me now (lol), but I think he won't let religion get in the way of common sense from now on.

The thing is, as long as believers stick to themselves and just follow their religion because it makes them happy, it's all good. But as soon as they enter politics, make policies, or even just VOTE based on religious beliefs that make NO SENSE, they hurt the rest of us. An example of this is the whole "microchips are the mark of the devil" discussion. It's total bull#, and will harm a lot of people that could seriously benefit from implanted microchips.

Those people are INSANE...they are the village idiot of our society just like Frank Schaeffer says in the above interview. We have to STOP listening to those idiots and letting them get their way. They are HURTING the US!

[edit on 13-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

[edit on 13-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

yes I like this kind of info appreciate it and is interesting when a sound goes into left ear goes to right brain but my ultimate conclusion after years of looking into is-it is written and came into existence in reality, remember when Paul first believed, an audible voice out of thin air/heaven said-"I am Jesus" in what He reffered to as direct revelation, you may enjoy reading all the scripts about right hand and as in a mirror also-

The high priest said to him, "I charge you under oath by the living God: Tell us if you are the Christ, the Son of God.""Yes, it is as you say," Jesus replied. "But I say to all of you: In the future you will see the Son of Man sitting at the right hand of the Mighty One and coming on the clouds of heaven."-Matt26.63

But Stephen, full of the Holy Spirit, looked up to heaven and saw the glory of God, and Jesus standing at the right hand of God.-Acts7.55

set your hearts on things above, where Christ is seated at the right hand of God.-Col3.1

God is spirit-John4.4

new topics

top topics

<< 57  58  59    61  62  63 >>

join