It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I apologize for my rudeness. My fault OP!
I know some single Mexican Catholics if your interested. They are really God fearing women.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

oh now you get humorous.

That was good.

Whew five excruciating pages no cuts or abrasions. All good.

BP 80 over 107. little high. more exercise.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Then I repeat myself. I'm a hilarious person. You should of see my comedy act. I'm playing at the latest mega club in Cali.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
I always have trouble with that word "God" .

Everyone seems to have an actually separate and different definition of what they think it "is" or "should be".

Hell even I think that way lol. I'm sure of it.

Point is, we can't even communicate with each other over that topic "God", no one can usually.

Everyone defines the word differently. It's so frustrating.

We, the human race, Need to agree on a definition to this word or something. Before we ever even try to talk about it. When we all define it different, and then talk about it, we start arguing endlessly about it. And it's all a misunderstanding 90% of the time.

It just is like the never ending game of ping pong. It's maddening!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   

So you're here in Cali, gulp. I take it all back, everything. I thought you were a New Yorker for sure.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Do I remind of you of New Yorkers? I never been there. Maybe I'll fit in and I can see all the wonderful land marks.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Point is, we can't even communicate with each other over that topic "God", no one can usually.
reply to post by muzzleflash

Ya, I agree with that to flash. For some of us it just presents that much more of a challenge you know. It sure as hell makes me want to try.
I just wish people could see that's what everyone is really trying to do.
Communicate.
But people take it all wrong and then you have pitch forks and torches.
Lynchings. What the hell you have to die of something though and getting old just looks painful to me.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Because I choose to think freely,
because I do not listen to the cries of the holy man.

This argument has been going on since recorded history and all I have to say is how sad and pitiful it is to hear it over and over again, especially coming from people who fail to provide proof of an afterlife and try convincing the rest of us that we're all doomed unless we believe in something. No one has any proof, other than their own experiences, of what an afterlife is.

And unless you can prove to the rest of us that what you believe is real, no one is going to understand and no one is going to hear you out. We are all born of free will and if we weren't, the world wouldn't be what it is today. Life is about the chaos that no one can physically provide the reasons as to why we are here. Why is it so surprising to find someone who doesn't believe in the same thing you do? And why is it so important that we all must follow the same religion in order for all of us to be "saved" in the afterlife?

Everything that happens after we die is uncertain, just like life itself is uncertain. To justify it is an ongoing joke that everybody gets mad over. There is no point.

How everyone envisions life after death is of their on accord. Worry about your own if you're that worried about what's going to happen. Leave others in peace.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Do I remind of you of New Yorkers? I never been there. Maybe I'll fit in and I can see all the wonderful land marks.

YES
your toughness is all New York. little lady. oh hey by the way Thank you for standing still when I'm talking to you.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:36 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Actually I've been siting in my chair this entire time. Kind of a let down. And by the way; I AM A MAN!!!
You're an interesting character to say the least. I will keep my eye on you from now on!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
by saying believe in god or else you'll be sorry is just a re-hash of Pascal's wager. There are enough real things to be afraid of, why be afraid of something that is immaterial? The soul is immortal, so God can not destroy it, and any type of punishment is just an opportunity to strengthen character, so if God sends you to hell, fight through it and maintain enough energy to punch him in the face for dragging you through torment. The only thing you are offending is man's religious justifications of his own morality which is laughable and deserves to be humiliated.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by filosophia]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I do not fear death. I had been dead for billions and billions of years before I was born, and had not suffered the slightest inconvenience from it.
- Mark Twain

[edit on 3/7/10 by LiveForever8]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by LiveForever8

That's a really great quote. Thanks for sharing!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Actually I've been siting in my chair this entire time. Kind of a let down. And by the way; I AM A MAN!!! You're an interesting character to say the least. I will keep my eye on you from now on!

Great! How the hell was I supposed to know this. I should sue someone for false advertising.
You see right there is a fine example of a point I made just the other day.
Any one of us are a fool at anytime someone else chooses to make us one.
thank you and I do accept.

Your apology of course.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Let's stop all this arguing. We're both looking like idiots.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

I thought we already did. There you go again.
I have to close shop for the night. Rebel whatever gender. cheers.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Sorry I'm watching Bill O'Reilly. You can't help but laugh at him. He should become a comedian.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
This after a long life denying God because I was duped by a fad. Atheism.

If atheism is a fad, then so too are christianity, judaism, and islam. I like the term: 'flavor-of-the-month.' After all, they've only been around a few thousand years. Whereas disbelief, has been around forever. Usually it's the non-believers getting burned at the stake and such. Although, sometimes they trade off on who gets to kill whom. I would think that IF god and Jesus and the lot were really real, then their religion would have been around for, well, ever. It irritates me that something that has only existed for the batting of an eye, on the scale of this planets history, is taken so literally by so many. I feel sad and a bit frustrated when I think of so many people who pour their thoughts and deeds into the bowl of religion, when I feel it would be better spent in truly helping mankind. I feel as if people are being duped by a organization full of empty promises and deep pockets.

A little OT, but I was driving passed a church yesterday, and it was HUGE. Easily the size of an elementary school. But it wasn't a school. It was a church. I'm sitting here asking myself, "Why does god need so much space?" Perhaps someone can answer that for me, 'cause I am at a bit of a loss.

Chrono

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Maddogkull
What I think is funny how atheists always call an afterlife or god fairytales. Most of them believe in black holes, but you cannot observe them.

But does a `belief` in black holes have the same effect on peoples behaviour, as a `belief ` in an afterlife or god fairy-tales ? I think not .

Originally posted by Maddogkull

You can observe there effects, like how some people observe effects of the afterlife NDE, meditation, OBE, ghosts. It does not mean they are real, but it just shows you that just because we cannot see something does not mean it is not there.

"....some people observe effects of the afterlife NDE, meditation, OBE, ghosts."
Anecdotal at best Maddogkull.

At least the scientific perspective is capable of change , whereas religious dogma attempts to protect an ancient set of ideals . It is as if it has been laid siege to .

Thousands of years ago life changed little between the generations , but in our time , there is a dynamism where such tethered thoughts, just drag in the wake of civilisation.

Great minds are locked in geosynchronous orbits , satellites of outdated ridged concepts . Circling ceaselessly .........whilst the vastness of deep space, awaits our maturation as a species.

==============================================
post by randyvs

Would be if I was suddenly awakened from that eternal sleep, by the deafing sound of trumpets blaring loud enough to wake the dead. Then as an Angel is rushing by my comfortable grave, he pauses and points the way to Judgement day.

What a remarkable thing to believe as a grown adult !

Sorry randyvs ........ it just sounds like someone's fantastically wishful thinking ,as daft as Virgins awaiting suicide bombers . But hey . that's just my opinion , you are of course entitled to yours.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by UmbraSumus]

[edit on 3-7-2010 by UmbraSumus]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well Randy, if god is smaller than I and actually enjoys torturing souls then I am screwed.
I have tried to be a believer many times, it did not take or last...

But my christian friends, IF YOU KNOW WE ARE GOING TO SUFFER FOR ETERNITY

why do you guys get mad at us here on Earth?

Can't you let us live our somewhat already painful lives how we want before we suffer
for eternity???

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join