It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 59
<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by evil incarnate

As with the conspicuous ambulatory referendum of degree, the wanted infestation of elliptical thought adheres to said monotony. Clarifying the dreaded unstable societal expedition of want, dismays accordingly the obliviousness of emotional digress in a systematic endeavor.

Interesting that in your attempt to use every 50 cent word you can find in order to sound intelligent, you overcomplicate and thus completley obliterate the very point you attempt to get across. You second sentence does not even work as a sentence. Sorry but at least it got you a star from one of your convoluted partners. If you want to discuss, lets. If you want to use words you are not really sure how to use just to waste posts, I will leave you to it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by randyvs

I like to believe that most people are good people, trying to be good people the only way they can. I know not every christian hates atheists and other religions, I hope you realize not every atheist is out to attack your beliefs. We are in this together on this tiny blue orb, I wish we would just get over these religious in differences and work together. No offense though Randy, but your thread doesn't help this. Your thread is an attempt to isolate, not to unite.

You know I agree. We should all just get along. But as you can see from almost any Religious thread on ATS, that there are people who have no respect for any religious belief. It has nothing to do with people no believing. When it comes to the mockery and child-like behavior of most (not all) atheists then kindness is not working for them. They see kindness as a weakness, then get upset at the religious individual for getting upset. lol I for one would love to have a peaceful arena in which to debate, but I also am one who can only take so much crap from people before it explodes in their face. These forums are great for debating, but I guarantee you that if these debates took place face to face, they would show way more respect to me in person. Cause I also get angry when mocked and made fun of, but in real life they would stop real fast.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by Conclusion]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   

reply to post by WolfofWar

If discourse, being of emotional diversity, is thrust to the forefront of the war. Who takes control of the reins to ensure one mind?

Discourse by its nature is reigned by those engaging in it. Why would anyone want to ensure "one mind?"

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

As with the conspicuous ambulatory referendum of degree, the wanted infestation of elliptical thought adheres to said monotony. Clarifying the dreaded unstable societal expedition of want, dismays accordingly the obliviousness of emotional digress in a systematic endeavor.

Interesting that in your attempt to use every 50 cent word you can find in order to sound intelligent, you overcomplicate and thus completley obliterate the very point you attempt to get across. You second sentence does not even work as a sentence. Sorry but at least it got you a star from one of your convoluted partners. If you want to discuss, lets. If you want to use words you are not really sure how to use just to waste posts, I will leave you to it.

From the colloquial examination process of a limited individual, your over simplification of alienation techniques are null and void here. By passing to the right, one cannot go to the left.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   

reply to post by WolfofWar

If discourse, being of emotional diversity, is thrust to the forefront of the war. Who takes control of the reins to ensure one mind?

Discourse by its nature is reigned by those engaging in it. Why would anyone want to ensure "one mind?"

Good point. Let me explain further. With one mind you have one way. There is only one way. One path. One goal. One truth.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

You know I agree. We should all just get along. But as you can see from almost any Religious thread on ATS, that there are people who have know respect for any religious belief. It has nothing to do with people no believing. When it comes to the mockery and child-like behavior of most (not all) atheists then kindness is not working for them. They see kindness as a weakness, then get upset at the religious individual for getting upset. lol I for one would love to have a peaceful arena in which to debate, but I also am one who can only take so much crap from people before it explodes in their face. These forums are great for debating, but I guarantee you that if these debates took place face to face, they would show way more respect to me in person. Cause I also get angry when mocked and made fun of, but in real life they would stop real fast.

The canundrum I find most evidentuated in this over melodramatised literary excursion is how those that would pose themselves in peculiar
visions in the dreams of others are always the first to lament their scars
when the sword of the word strikes down upon them with furious anger,
leaving no doubt about who is the lord.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
Might as well add my atheist sixpenneth.

One day I will die. I do not fear death. It comes to all of us. After that nothing. I don't fear nothing I don't worry about never seeing my (already deceased) older family members ever again.

Ironically enough an afterlife would, logically, be an absolute nightmare. What "state" would your father be in, then his father , then his father......1000's of generations back all meeting one another. Wow crowded or what. Unless only "current/new" members of the afterlife get to meet their family. But surely that would be torture to those already there disallowed from ever seeing their family again. It would make them resent your arrival wouldn't it? What happens 10000 generations back? Apemen? Or is there a limit to who is allowed. What about pets and all their ancestors etc etc etc.

Is the afterlife limited to those that believe in God? Which brings us back to the pet question and relatives of those of other religions, e.g. buddists.

Any/all possible afterlife scenarios are so implausible that it calls into question your reason for wanting to believe in something so nonsensical. Are you really that frightened of your inevitable and unavoidable death.

Anyone wishing to believe in anything is free to do so and I would let you carry on in peace without comment but the moment you call in to question somebody elses differing belief system is when you are open game and I have every right to say you are deluded. Zip it keep it to yourself.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

LOL> I hear ya. Vengeance is mine saith the Lord. But he can use anything he wants as a vessel in which to administer his vengeance.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by malcr
Might as well add my atheist sixpenneth.

One day I will die. I do not fear death. It comes to all of us. After that nothing. I don't fear nothing I don't worry about never seeing my (already deceased) older family members ever again.

Ironically enough an afterlife would, logically, be an absolute nightmare. What "state" would your father be in, then his father , then his father......1000's of generations back all meeting one another. Wow crowded or what. Unless only "current/new" members of the afterlife get to meet their family. But surely that would be torture to those already there disallowed from ever seeing their family again. It would make them resent your arrival wouldn't it? What happens 10000 generations back? Apemen? Or is there a limit to who is allowed. What about pets and all their ancestors etc etc etc.

Is the afterlife limited to those that believe in God? Which brings us back to the pet question and relatives of those of other religions, e.g. buddists.

Any/all possible afterlife scenarios are so implausible that it calls into question your reason for wanting to believe in something so nonsensical. Are you really that frightened of your inevitable and unavoidable death.

Anyone wishing to believe in anything is free to do so and I would let you carry on in peace without comment but the moment you call in to question somebody elses differing belief system is when you are open game and I have every right to say you are deluded. Zip it keep it to yourself.

Can you answer this question for me please. What was you doing before you where conceived?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
Yesterday I was watering the lawn and a good sized black snake slithered through a hole in the fence, crawled halfway across the lawn and approached me to within 3 feet. Then it stood up like a cobra, like it was begging, looking right at me and it stayed there staring boldly, until it finally became unnerving for me and I backed away.

Maybe it was because I was holding the hose and he thought it was another snake.
Maybe he was just thirsty.
I was contributing to this thread...and it was a peculiar thing to happen.
I don't quite know what to make of it myself but, I am sure there are those here who could create some fun interpretations out of it.

Maybe I am just an animal charmer.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

From the colloquial examination process of a limited individual, your over simplification of alienation techniques are null and void here. By passing to the right, one cannot go to the left.

This is why you need to stop. Colloquial is used incorrectly. Either "oversimplification" or "techniques" or the entire sentence is most certainly incorrect. I get it. You are trying to call me stupid and say that something I am doing is not going to work but you are really just wasting space with words you are not familiar with. You would sound far more intelligent remaining monosyllabic and actually saying things that matter than you do right now reaching for big words and using them in a manner that destroys sentence structure as well as kind of makes me chuckle. I hope you do not think you are outsmarting me. You have to use the words properly first.

Now since you keep posting to me, it would seem you care to keep conversing. I am more than willing to read a sentence that uses all of those words correctly if you want to discuss something. Otherwise, save your pseudo-intellectual Damon Wayans routine for Randy. He seems to really go for that stuff.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Good point. Let me explain further.

Correcting you is a good point? I am amazed.

With one mind you have one way. There is only one way. One path. One goal. One truth.

That is what you want. Why would you ask how the rest of us can achieve that.

See, this is what it all really boils down to. You believe this stuff. It is then your duty to convince the rest of us to see it that way. You do realize that, right? We do not all believe in one way or want one mind so if that is your goal, you need to start winning the rest of us over.
Otherwise you are admitting it is futile, your beliefs are pointless, and holding onto them does nothing but deprive you in the name of self rightious, self imposed pennance to nothing.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Maybe I am just an animal charmer.

That's very odd indeed. Especially with the amount of snake charmers on this thread. His neck did not fan out then? I also think he might have been a bit jealous maybe the way you were holding the hose.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   

This is why you need to stop. Colloquial is used incorrectly. Either "oversimplification" or "techniques" or the entire sentence is most certainly incorrect. I get it. You are trying to call me stupid and say that something I am doing is not going to work but you are really just wasting space with words you are not familiar with. You would sound far more intelligent remaining monosyllabic and actually saying things that matter than you do right now reaching for big words and using them in a manner that destroys sentence structure as well as kind of makes me chuckle. I hope you do not think you are outsmarting me. You have to use the words properly first.

Now since you keep posting to me, it would seem you care to keep conversing. I am more than willing to read a sentence that uses all of those words correctly if you want to discuss something. Otherwise, save your pseudo-intellectual Damon Wayans routine for Randy. He seems to really go for that stuff.

Who's da big boyeee? Who's da wittle man? Is that the kind of simplification you wish to be addressed with? For the mind to understand the laceration inflicted into this inaudible world they first must come to an understanding. The world is not what we make it. The world has already been made.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Good point. Let me explain further.

Correcting you is a good point? I am amazed.

With one mind you have one way. There is only one way. One path. One goal. One truth.

That is what you want. Why would you ask how the rest of us can achieve that.

See, this is what it all really boils down to. You believe this stuff. It is then your duty to convince the rest of us to see it that way. You do realize that, right? We do not all believe in one way or want one mind so if that is your goal, you need to start winning the rest of us over.
Otherwise you are admitting it is futile, your beliefs are pointless, and holding onto them does nothing but deprive you in the name of self rightious, self imposed pennance to nothing.

I don't need to convince you of anything. I know what I know as you know what you know. If we all knew what I know and you know we would all know what we know now. Ya know?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Who's da big boyeee? Who's da wittle man? Is that the kind of simplification you wish to be addressed with?

Please pay attention for a change. I have been reading back and I see things like you accusing me of making accusations and you making claims about my screen name and my avatar. I also see you ignoring my response and subsequent questions. Your attention seems quite limited so please try for me. This is important.

I did not ask you to simplify

I asked you to use words correctly.

Please note the difference. I then suggested that perhaps you should simplify so that YOU have a better chance of actually making sense since you are messing up so much by trying to cash in on your synonym searcher.

For the mind to understand the laceration inflicted into this inaudible world they first must come to an understanding.

See, there is no need for that. It is not poetic and does not come across as more intelligent. No person would ever use laceration in that manner for any reason other than to be poetic or sound like a moron. It was not poetic. "Inaudible world" in place of written forum? Really? Come on. If you do not see how pretentiously silly that comes across, then it explains why you keep doing it in the way you are.

The world is not what we make it. The world has already been made.

Then there is no point in worrying about the choices we make, is there?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   

I don't need to convince you of anything. I know what I know as you know what you know. If we all knew what I know and you know we would all know what we know now. Ya know?

I guess getting lost looking up words has made you forget where you began.

Seemed like you were pretty concerned we all came to one mind. In order for that to happen, you do need to convince me. Otherwise you need to go back and start trying to explain this question all over again and I am not sure you have the imagination or enough "word of the day calendar" pages left for that.

Good luck though.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Who's da big boyeee? Who's da wittle man? Is that the kind of simplification you wish to be addressed with? For the mind to understand the laceration inflicted into this inaudible world they first must come to an understanding. The world is not what we make it. The world has already been made.

I think if one were to further ostricise any hellacious lamenter it would
involve various statements of plastic horned devils in the mockery
of their own childish hoof prints leading to deepened cavities of rot
in the very bowels of the earth. Only to be vomited back up to the surface
covered in a life sustaining ectoplasym.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   

No you do not have to worry about the choices you have made. What I am saying is this.

You can wear a green dress all day long everyday if you want, but don't try to tell me it's yellow.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Okay maybe i am wording it wrong. Try this

(clears throat for best Forest Gump impersonation)

Momma said,"Life is like a box of chocolates, you never know what your gonna git."

top topics

<< 56  57  58    60  61  62 >>

join