It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 56
<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

It's simply another religion: things based on poorly constructed humbug that has been debunked years ago already and only believed by the easily deceived.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by MrXYZ

It's simply another religion: things based on poorly constructed humbug that has been debunked years ago already and only believed by the easily deceived.

The sad part is that some people think this will be the rapture in the bible...which is why they almost want it to happen. It validates their belief.

I think it's scary when people are that gullible, especially if they have the right to vote. I'd never hire anyone who believes in something like that after it's been debunked so many times...not gonna hire stupid people.

It has NOTHING to do with "keeping an open mind"...only with being stupid and gullible.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Hopefully Wolf will still be around to contact me and we will survey the situation together and re-assess.

Another way to describe how divinity operates is like this: Edison said that invention was 95% perspiration and 5% inspiration.
Tesla said invention was 5% perspiration and 95% inspiration. This is because Tesla did not have to work at his inventions. He was "inspired." He was in contact with divine intervention who "spirited" the ideas to him and he just wrote them down.
Edison tried too hard. He accomplished much but it could have been done easier...with a little faith and the best intentions for mankind.
The ideas will come.
Even Bucky Fuller a confirmed atheist was a great thinker and was at the end of his rope, by the side of a lake contemplating suicide. "Something" spoke to him and told him as long as he focused his work on inventions that would benefit the whole of mankind rather than some small obscure piece of it he would succeed and he went on to invent the geodesic dome among other countless discoveries invaluable to science and mankind.
He had an awakening. There are many more examples of people who just quit worrying and let go ...and then it comes to them.

Inspiration..."spirit" is in there, you see?
And "spirit" is necessary for it to manifest.

Try it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

I have no problem being happy, inspired, kind, productive, good, whatever and I have yet to find an imaginary friend to both credit for it as well as use it to pay tribute to. If you need to praise imaginary beings for your imagination and you do not see the irony, then good for you!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

Okay.

But I personally can't see ALL as a god or creator.

Its more like "grains of sand make up a beach". Would I consider the beach god? No. If I had to name something god - it would be the individual grains of sand.

You just crossed the tracks and walked right into Satanist territory.
Congratulations, sweetheart.
Welcome aboard.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 10:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

I have no problem being happy, inspired, kind, productive, good, whatever and I have yet to find an imaginary friend to both credit for it as well as use it to pay tribute to. If you need to praise imaginary beings for your imagination and you do not see the irony, then good for you!

How can you be inspired without spirit? It is the vehicle for inspiration. It is what inspiration means?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Matthew Dark

Originally posted by Annee

Okay.

But I personally can't see ALL as a god or creator.

Its more like "grains of sand make up a beach". Would I consider the beach god? No. If I had to name something god - it would be the individual grains of sand.

You just crossed the tracks and walked right into Satanist territory.
Congratulations, sweetheart.
Welcome aboard.

There is nothing wrong with Satanism either. This is a misconception.
So you can just "go with your bad self! " Run with it.
I personally cannot manage to worship a grain of sand.

Where the heck is Randys? This is getting tiresome.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

How can you be inspired without spirit?

They are mutually exclusive.

It is the vehicle for inspiration. It is what inspiration means?

Divine "spirit" or "spirit" as in 'shucks that boys got some spirit!'?

Either way, I do not see how one relies on the other. I have spirit in the sense that I enjoy life and I am a lively person. I am inspired because I use my mind. I enjoy my environment. I observe, I process, I contemplate, I create. Like I said, if you feel the need to give someone or something you know nothing of credit for that, go for it. You are not doing much to convince me simply by saying something is something else just because you think it is. Sorry if that works for you but please enjoy it for the next two years until your faith shatters and you are left searching for truth all over again. I will still be inspired and happy when 2013 arrives.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

I will still be inspired and happy when 2013 arrives.

And I may be dead. It still will not change a thing.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:09 AM
link   

So only religious people have "inspiration"...suuuuuuuuuuure.

Let's look at some famous atheists that were "inspired" without being religious:

Inspired Atheists Scientists

Inspired Atheist Musicians

Inspired Atheist Authors

Everyone of those people required a great deal of inspiration...so how did they manage if they were so clearly atheists??? I tell you how: Because religious belief isn't a requirement for inspiration!!

Your statement reminds me of another bull# statement a lot of religious people use:

"How can you have morals being atheist, you are not accountable to anyone!"

It's statements like these that make you guys look very very stupid.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:14 AM
link   

It will actually go a long way to prove you wrong. I will still be alive no matter why you will be dead. At that point, everything you said comes undone and I go on.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Word Origin & History

inspiration
c.1300, "immediate influence of God or a god," especially that under which the holy books were written, from O.Fr. inspiration, from L.L. inspirationem (nom. inspiratio), from L. inspiratus, pp. of inspirare "inspire, inflame, blow into," from in-"in" + spirare "to breathe" (see spirit).

Is it my fault you have evolved so far from source as to have lost the original meaning of the word? There are ideas and there are inspired ideas. There is a huge difference in how they come to you. If you personally have never experienced it, then you wouldn't know anything about it.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   

It will actually go a long way to prove you wrong. I will still be alive no matter why you will be dead. At that point, everything you said comes undone and I go on.

Well bully for you!
And I hope you will remember at that time, what I told you.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   

Well bully for you!
And I hope you will remember at that time, what I told you.

Want me charged with ensuring it becomes your epitaph then?

I promise to bring flowers.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Thank you evil. That would be very thoughtful. I will appreciate that!

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:22 AM
link   

People use all sorts of ways to get inspired!! The origins of the worth are kinda pointless. There's plenty of words that have weird origins, and we used them in a different light nowadays...we live in the 21st century, not the Middle Ages.

People go read books to get inspired, they go hiking, they talk to people that inspire them, they get inspired by things that happen in their daily lives...sooooo many ways to get inspired without the need for religion.

Also, the fact that I just gave you a whole list of inspired people, many of which got Nobel prizes, that aren't religious kinda proves your statement is horribly outdated and just plain wrong.

Your statement that those people just had "ideas" while the religious people had "inspired ideas" is beyond ridiculous considering you can be inspired in so many ways without religion.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   

So what do you think about that then? I can be thoughtful and yet, I have rejected your god. Seems like a flaw in his plan.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:25 AM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

The origins of the worth are kinda pointless

You may as well say the origins of the world are kind of pointless.
And I beg to differ.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   

So what do you think about that then? I can be thoughtful and yet, I have rejected your god. Seems like a flaw in his plan.

I don't see the flaw. Thoughtfulness aside...You will get nowhere (very quickly) trying to disprove God. It is a little like biting the hand that feeds you.
And now since you continue to bother me even when I try to lay the matter to rest peaceably with you, allowing you your belief and with you allowing me mine
(well not really huh?) I am going to have to place you on "ignore" for a while. Peace out.

And Mr Alphabet Soup too!

U2U's will be deleted, unread.

[edit on 13-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
When comparing Inspiration and spirituality I think you're doing a disservice to human evolution. Einstein and Tesla both were able to "visualize" and organize their process efficiently. Physically Einstein's brain was different. To me this simply shows that they had a physical advantage over most. I believe it's probable other factors played a role. Inspiration is part of the mechanics of our physical and spiritual self, to what degree either affects the other I don't know, and either does anyone else.

top topics

<< 53  54  55    57  58  59 >>

join