It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 54
<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Annee

Interesting Annie. I posted some videos of a holographic Earth that held basically the same theory. I even entertained the concept for quite awhile though I too was raised a Catholic. I figured Catholic was as good as any of the religions so I stuck it out but now I have sort of abandoned the whole idea of organized religion. The idea of humanity and our creator as I mentioned above, happens to fit the empty space in my own personal puzzle perfectly.
Of course there are many ways to appreciate life and live together without walking in lockstep with each other. That would be boring.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain
reply to post by Annee

Interesting Annie. I posted some videos of a holographic Earth that held basically the same theory. I even entertained the concept for quite awhile though I too was raised a Catholic. I figured Catholic was as good as any of the religions so I stuck it out but now I have sort of abandoned the whole idea of organized religion. The idea of humanity and our creator as I mentioned above, happens to fit the empty space in my own personal puzzle perfectly.
Of course there are many ways to appreciate life and live together without walking in lockstep with each other. That would be boring.

Ahhhhhhhhhh - Catholic. My Irish gramma tried. But even at 5 years old I said: "why does God need all this phony stuff?" "Why can't he just talk to me outside under a tree?" Seriously! I felt like I was in some kind of circus - and people looked like clowns.

I'm fine being my own thought creator as a ripple in a larger pond. I have no need to look beyond my own self creator - - - except in connecting to the ALL.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 01:49 AM
link   
reply to post by Annee

I'm fine being my own thought creator as a ripple in a larger pond. I have no need to look beyond my own self creator - - - except in connecting to the ALL.

Exactly as I would put it, except I give ALL a name.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 02:45 AM
link   

reply to post by Annee

Okay.

But I personally can't see ALL as a god or creator.

Its more like "grains of sand make up a beach". Would I consider the beach god? No. If I had to name something god - it would be the individual grains of sand.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Annee

reply to post by Annee

Okay.

But I personally can't see ALL as a god or creator.

Its more like "grains of sand make up a beach". Would I consider the beach god? No. If I had to name something god - it would be the individual grains of sand.

That's you. When I say the Earth is a Masterpiece. I mean that quite literally.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   

That's you. When I say the Earth is a Masterpiece. I mean that quite literally.

Then shouldn't the fact that it is far from perfect give you some pause?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

Ahh...but it is perfect. "We" are the only problem here.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Really? So the volcanoes and earthquakes that have caused suffering and devastation across all species for all time are our fault? The changing atmosphere and several large dyoffs before mankind even showed up are signs of perfection or of effect before the cause?

Your claim only introduces more problems anyway. If Earth is perfect and so are we as God's inventions in God's image, then how can we destroy his perfect Earth?

And if Earth was perfect, would it be so vulnerable?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

Really? So the volcanoes and earthquakes that have caused suffering and devastation across all species for all time are our fault? The changing atmosphere and several large dyoffs before mankind even showed up are signs of perfection or of effect before the cause?

Your claim only introduces more problems anyway. If Earth is perfect and so are we as God's inventions in God's image, then how can we destroy his perfect Earth?

And if Earth was perfect, would it be so vulnerable?

Of course they are not our fault except perhaps for living near them and not being prepared. I cannot convince you of God. This is not my mission anyway. And rest assured...you cannot convince me there is no God. Others have tried.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Of course they are not our fault except perhaps for living near them and not being prepared. I cannot convince you of God. This is not my mission anyway. And rest assured...you cannot convince me there is no God. Others have tried.

Silly tomato plants and deer for where they choose to build cities?

I am not trying to convince you of anything. I am simply questioning your statements. You are making them on a discussion board so they must be here for us to read and discuss. Otherwise maybe you are looking for a diary.

Now, can you actually answer questions about the things you say or are you simply proselytizing?

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:28 AM
link   
This will mean nothing to anyone but me but I will risk embarrassing myself and laying it out there. I lost what people call faith in God for many years and paid no attention and gave no thanks or recognition what-so-ever.
I never said God doesn't exist...I thought He probably didn't exist, or at least was too busy to bother with humans on a one on one basis.

My car was stolen it wasn't insured and so I had no way to get around. I had no money and no car. To make matters worse I had just purchased a house in another town 2 hours away and I had a whole houseful of stuff to transport to the new location. If I did not get out of the house I was in I was going under in debt.
This was a disastrous situation and beyond my ability to control. I must have gotten some information in a dream or something because after a week and the police still hadn't found my car I woke up one night in the middle of the night. I woke praying and crying all at once.
A blubbering wreck. Please help me. I never apologized for not asking for help at other times or for not acknowledging God in the past. I was beside myself with anxiety and so desperate for help I'd have tried anything. I cried and begged like a baby.

I didn't think much more about it but later that day I asked my boyfriend to drive around and help me look for my car.
He said it was a wild goose chase. A few years prior my wallet had been stolen and turned up in a dumpster on the other side of town. "Let's go there and look" I said to Frank who was complaining all the way. We got to the neighbor hood, a dangerous area and he stayed in the car. Within 15 minutes I spotted my car. I had a hide a key under the wheel well and I took my own car back.

I was crying again but this time it was to say thank you! I had no idea you could work so quickly!

A few days later..I had a bee problem. I was selling this house, the Purchase agreement had been signed and they were coming the following day to inspect the place. The bees were in a frenzy and occupied a whole wall on the side of the house. You could see thick clumps of them crawling under the house and into the walls.
I am never gonna sell this place if they see that! I got an idea. If God worked so well with my car certainly He could handle a few bees.

I prayed them away.

The next day I was astonished as anyone to see the bees had vanished. I remember bringing the inspectors and the buyer around the house and crossing my fingers as we turned the corner. Not a bee in sight.

I have a great friend, a confirmed atheist. I called her up and said Connie, now I know why all those crazy people, just chucked it all and are pushing shopping carts around the parks and saying they spoke to God. When you experience a direct intervention it makes you go a little crazy. "Honest Connie I think God is answering my prayers."

She still is an atheist but I am sure I made her wonder.

This story, which means nothing to anyone but me, is one of the main reasons no one will convince me there is no God.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

So you felt ignored. You suffered. You felt loved. This proved a god exists to you. That is all good and fine but that does very little to console those of us who have not been relying on the bad relationship we had with our daddy to guide our intellect. Some of us just began asking questions about things that did not make sense. Decades of unanswered questions, lies and contradictions have only lead to more and more questions.

I hope you can see the difference and understand the implications of coming to conclusions either way. Good luck with whatever is working for you. I hope you can use your faith to live a good life instead of using it to spread hatred for others in the manner of this thread.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:37 AM
link   

A few days later..I had a bee problem. I was selling this house, the Purchase agreement had been signed and they were coming the following day to inspect the place. The bees were in a frenzy and occupied a whole wall on the side of the house. You could see thick clumps of them crawling under the house and into the walls.
I am never gonna sell this place if they see that! I got an idea. If God worked so well with my car certainly He could handle a few bees.

I prayed them away.

The next day I was astonished as anyone to see the bees had vanished. I remember bringing the inspectors and the buyer around the house and crossing my fingers as we turned the corner. Not a bee in sight.

Dear God,
In the world there are starving children, wars raging, peoples suffering for their race or gender. Torture and death run rampant. Natural disasters are shattering lives and killing thousands. Environmental disasters are destroying your masterpiece. Greed and evil is spreading like wildfire and the lowest among us suffer the greatest. Lord, can you help with some of this? Any of this?
Sincerely yours,
Hopeful Gunderson

Dear Kinky Jadenstone,
God here. Totally hear ya on the 'life sucks the world is a horrible place' thing but I am busy with some bees and after that I gotta go burn my image into a rusty pipe in Ohio. Maybe another time. Besides, I am not sure I like how you asked so maybe everyone else should suffer a little more.
-God.

I have a few prisoners that can share the same story.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

And if you understand that DEATH is not a bad thing but a return to God you will see that there is nothing we should fear but our own karma our own development our own progress. God takes care of His own.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:42 AM
link   

And if you understand that DEATH is not a bad thing but a return to God you will see that there is nothing we should fear but our own karma our own development our own progress. God takes care of His own.

Death is the least of the things I listed. Ever had your family crushed in an earthquake only to have them survive? Then see if you can find a way to pay to keep them alive? Ever had your spine crushed? Ever been burned beyond recognition? Ever lost everything you owned, including your lucky loved ones that went to be with god? What a twisted world you must live in.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate
reply to post by rusethorcain

So you felt ignored. You suffered. You felt loved. This proved a god exists to you. That is all good and fine but that does very little to console those of us who have not been relying on the bad relationship we had with our daddy to guide our intellect. Some of us just began asking questions about things that did not make sense. Decades of unanswered questions, lies and contradictions have only lead to more and more questions.

I hope you can see the difference and understand the implications of coming to conclusions either way. Good luck with whatever is working for you. I hope you can use your faith to live a good life instead of using it to spread hatred for others in the manner of this thread.

I am going to try to be nice to you. You know nothing about my Father.
And I will not issue vague warnings that "you should do this or that or not do this or that."
What you do, think or say makes no difference to me, though I am glad my opinions and experiences have such an effect on you, you choose to deride them. This means I am getting somewhere.

I stand by everything I say and I have never and will never "spread hatred" on the contrary I see some animosity in everyone of your posts. Perhaps there is not "hatred" but there is little tolerance or acceptance that I can see.

Everybody including Gunderson is whining...oh poor me the whole world is a shambles and it could be better and we have starving children and disasters oh, oh poor me....and he is probably fat as humpty dumpty while he is crying for the starving kids.
Give me a break. Maybe you've been praying Gunderson but clearly it has not been enough.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   
So I dont believe in the spirit in the sky bollocks. And that means that i will go to hell? Well im very glad to go to hell. For your heaven is a hell to me. Full of pervert priests rabbis and imans. When i get to hell I will freeze. For all the good religious people will be hogging the fires. And I will be at the back of the queue. Following all the decent honest upright politicians and their ilk.
Roll on hell is all i can say. Sex drugs and rock n roll. You religious muppets will be singing on a cloud? The halos you will be wearing will be the smoke rings that im blowing in hell.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Death is the least of the things I listed. Ever had your family crushed in an earthquake only to have them survive? Then see if you can find a way to pay to keep them alive? Ever had your spine crushed? Ever been burned beyond recognition? Ever lost everything you owned, including your lucky loved ones that went to be with god? What a twisted world you must live in.

Deeply sorry for your loss.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaego
So I dont believe in the spirit in the sky bollocks. And that means that i will go to hell? Well im very glad to go to hell. For your heaven is a hell to me. Full of pervert priests rabbis and imans. When i get to hell I will freeze. For all the good religious people will be hogging the fires. And I will be at the back of the queue. Following all the decent honest upright politicians and their ilk.
Roll on hell is all i can say. Sex drugs and rock n roll. You religious muppets will be singing on a cloud? The halos you will be wearing will be the smoke rings that im blowing in hell.

There is no hell...it is in your mind.

posted on Jul, 13 2010 @ 09:57 AM
link   
Lmao, how can people talk about things they have never experienced, how do you know there's no "hell". The word hell is not hell, what is hell. lol you don't know what happens after "death". So any absolutes pertaining to that time are null.

Nothing is known but now.

new topics

top topics

<< 51  52  53    55  56  57 >>

join