It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 53
<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

In the wondrous futile infiltration of gauntlets, the horse who rides below the horizon will often conduct the symphony.

Yes Conc but now .... All things considered that dosn't begin to clarify by
why my friends yellow shirt could not be cleaned of the oil stain i administered by the evolutionary tide of 1968. Does it? You have 10 secs.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Conclusion

In the wondrous futile infiltration of gauntlets, the horse who rides below the horizon will often conduct the symphony.

Yes Conc but now .... All things considered that dosn't begin to clarify by
why my friends yellow shirt could not be cleaned of the oil stain i administered by the evolutionary tide of 1968. Does it? You have 10 secs.

It is the repeating symmetry on the axis that has to do with that. You know that. But do not forget how, when in the presence of limbo, the sharp standard of infection is courteous to the occupant.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Creationists see everything in the world, that is around them.

Because everthing that is around them, was created.

Atheist close their eyes to everything that was created.

As if everything was created around them.

You guys are boring, I'm going back to my life.
Good luck with yours. Oh sorry.

That was one of the most obnoxious and arrogant posts I've ever seen on ATS (and that includes mine...)
How very christ-like...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Creationists see everything in the world, that is around them.

Because everthing that is around them, was created.

Atheist close their eyes to everything that was created.

As if everything was created around them.

You guys are boring, I'm going back to my life.
Good luck with yours. Oh sorry.

This post was indecipherable to me. Randy, I think you were too busy patting yourself on the back for your perceived righteousness to bother with coherent sentences.

I'm going to try and rephrase it, and you can tell me if I've got it right:

Creationists are in awe of creation, whilst atheists are blind and ignorant. Because one must necessarily believe in a deity (your deity) in order to be appreciative of anything.

Did I get it right, dude?
Can you seriously be that blinkered?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
Define created.

I believe "things" were created.

I believe thought is energy - - and thought creates.

How does that even relate to believing in a god?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by HSDA83

1) You can go to any country, any people, any tribe in the world. Even if they haven't heard a thing about religion or the name Jesus or whatever, they will be worshiping something.
It might be the sun, the water, the fire, animals, a football team, a band, career, etc.

Right.
People like to like things.
Worship may be too strong a word.
Or are you qualified to speak for the entirety of humanity?

There is in everybody a need to worship something higher.
Who put that in us?

Nobody "put that in us". Not everyone has that tendency. Again, you are woefully under-qualified to speak for all of us.

Id DOES take faith to disbelief.

I don't even understand what that butchered sentence means. Were you just typing so fast in order to, for lack of a better term, speak over everyone else, that you weren't even paying attention to what you were saying?

2) How will we relate evolution and entropy?
Entropy is a LAW that says everything tends to get worse. Decline, degeneration. (Not better like the evolution says)

"Get worse"? Are you serious? Entropy is simply the reduction of motion and therefore production of heat.
It has been theorized as a law...just a natural occurrence of the universe...like dying...or fluffernutters. It has nothing to do with things "getting worse" unless you're one of those arrogant creatures that refuses to accept that you, along with everyone you love, will be dead one day.

Science today says we use between 2-5% of the brain's capacity.

And judging from some of the less-than-educated posts here on ATS, I'd wager that you're being quite generous...

Wich shows that somewhere in past we did use 100%.

You just proved my above statement on two entirely separate levels. Congratulations.

Technology is growing exponentially and we are getting exponentially dumber too, do you see evolution on that?

So why is your god allowing it? Unless he's so insecure that he needs to dumb down his "perfect creation" to the point where worshiping some imaginary bad attitude emo kid in the sky sounds like a good idea...

Thousands of years ago men built the pyramids without using a single crane.

You were there? You can say that with absolute certainty?

And today we're still asking how the hell did they do it?

But you just said that they didn't use cranes. So, I'm guessing that you have some insider information as to how this was accomplished. But I digress...your statement has zero to do with anything that this thread is about.
Unless...oh yeah...you're talking about pyramids, right? The pyramids were built...what...? Like...a few thousand years before the "birth" of your christ guy. Which would imply that the world was awesome and full of wonders to behold before the advent of your religion. In other words (and I'm wondering how many more times I'll have to say this before anyone of your ilk even considers the possibility of just how true this is...)...the world did just fine before your religion came around and has been degrading (or put in terms that you seem to understand better...undergoing "entropy") ever since.
Now...I'm fairly sure that my words will be simply waved aside because they ring of logic and reason...which...unfortunately...have no real place in a discussion about religion and faith.

Shall we go on with examples?

Yes, please.
Give some examples that will not wind up damaging your argument more than it already has.

[note: edited for bad keystrokes...shame on me]

[edit on 7/12/10 by Matthew Dark]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:37 PM
link   
I can't believe I spent so much time posting, when Carl Sagan summarized my thoughts so nicely...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Science today says we use between 2-5% of the brain's capacity.

I just want to point out that this is patently false. Having actually studied cognitive neuroscience and read scientific articles and studied fMRI read-outs I can tell you that we use close to 100% of our brains. The belief that we only use a small portion of our brain stems strictly from New Age nonsense and has no actual basis in scientific fact. You'll notice that the people that make these claims are unable to provide a scholarly article that backs up the claim.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcalibur254

Good information. Now that you mention it, that's the only time
I ever hear that low pecentage brain function tid bit. Been hearing that for years too. Definetly increased my function just to hear that.
Thank you X
:

[edit on 12-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

reply to post by Xcalibur254

Good information. Now that you mention it, that's the only time
I ever hear that low pecentage brain function tid bit. Been hearing that for years too. Definetly increased my function just to hear that.
Thank you X
:

[edit on 12-7-2010 by randyvs]

I'm not too sure it did...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

So I'm unqualified to speak to all of you, does this qualify you:
You took every sentence from my post out of its context, since they were not .ing towards you, might as well realize there's been conversation for quite a few pages.

your statement has zero to do with anything that this thread is about.

This thread has been on atheists vs. theists. You can't wander around much on the subject if you won't hit creation vs. evolution and such. We need to be able to see the parallels before we continue. And if necessary, to give examples. If we're not able to look up into this we won't see it all links together.

I believe we came here to learn something new, otherwise this website would lose its point. Why did you come here? To try to convince everyone else of your points of view?
If you have any relevant info, why don't you teach us all? Why don't you start trying to back up the idea that the world was doing just fine, before theists (not only christians) came around?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Annee
Define created.

Did you ever feel like you were missing a piece to a puzzle and if you had it you could have all the answers...just one piece?
Religion has ruined the Earth. There is no doubt about that...but I still believe in a creator God.
People say the world is a terrible place. The people can be disappointing but the world is a masterpiece.

Dark as well as the light power serves only one Master who is the creator of all that is
and whose goal is to create the superhuman.
The final goal of human reincarnation is to live through the cosmic keyboard from the lowest to the highest note.
To create a human being who has experienced all possible positive and negative experiences and therefore is able to develop beyond any judgment into the humanly incarnated image of God.
God does not judge.
He shines on His creations like a sun on the flowers and the weeds,

on His BEINGS.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   

reply to post by Matthew Dark

So I'm unqualified to speak to all of you, does this qualify you:

Here is a big part of the reason threads like this only breed anger from the religious types that start and maintain them. READING.

Originally posted by Matthew Dark
Or are you qualified to speak for the entirety of humanity?

FOR

and

TO

are two very different words. When people start paying attention and responding to what is actually written, this might get really interesting.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Congrats!
You just realized english is not my native language.
Languages originated from West Iberian languages (wich accounts almost 2 billion people) have actually only one word for these two of yours.
I'm sure everybody else got the point of that post.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

curious... did you know He created an only Son, as in the firstborn from among the dead and gave Him the name Jesus?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by HSDA83

So my point that one of the biggest problems in these threads is the fact that religious types respond to things without understanding them fully is valid?

Thanks!

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

curious... did you know He created an only Son, as in the firstborn from among the dead and gave Him the name Jesus?

Yes, I know Jesus. The Messenger.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
reply to post by HSDA83

So my point that one of the biggest problems in these threads is the fact that religious types respond to things without understanding them fully is valid?

I even heard that some religious live for things without understanding them fully...

I hope it doesn't become a christians vs. satanists post.
Thanks

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   

I even heard that some religious live for things without understanding them fully...

That is really super great!

I hope it doesn't become a christians vs. satanists post.
Thanks

Become?

You really do not understand the reason for the hostility in the thread yet do you? THE OP IS ALL ABOUT ATTACKING ATHEISM IN THE NAME OF JESUS.

It was a "us vs. them" thread from the start and for someone reason the OP has tried to since play victim while others encourage it without ever once acknowledging that the entire premise of this thread was just to tell atheists how wrong they are and threaten them with eternal suffering for being wrong.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rusethorcain

Originally posted by Annee
Define created.

Did you ever feel like you were missing a piece to a puzzle and if you had it you could have all the answers...just one piece?

NO - Not really actually.

I was raised Christian. I believe the "gods from the sky" were simply beings more advanced then us.

I refer to a Creator - - as a beginning - not as a personage. Beginning can be anything. Basically I believe everything is energy. Energy evolved into a consciousness. And all is an illusion - a creation by thought.

new topics

top topics

<< 50  51  52    54  55  56 >>

join