It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 52
<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Say what you will about the sweet miracle of unquestioning faith, I consider a capacity for it terrifying and absolutely vile. It’s an incredible con job when you think about it, to believe something now in exchange for something after death. Even corporations with their reward systems don’t try to make it posthumous.

Knowledge without love is a separation from "being"

You have neither knowledge or love. Where's the contribution?
To anyone anything?

Faith. What is that anyway?

What I have is an inner core of physical "being" that knows the difference between right and wrong, love and hate, pleasure and pain.

I have free will, so I am able to choose to go with the right, the pleasure and the love and for some reason that seems to work better for me than it works out for "others" who choose to go with the wrong, the hate, the pain.
I don't even know you but it seems like you are in some amount of pain.

At least believe in yourself. Sure you can account for your physical state of being in a pragmatic sense, but you don't seem to have any notion or connection with your own "spirit" or hold a belief you are really the miracle you are.

ROMANTIC: COOL. I GAVE YOU A STAR! NO WORRIES!

[edit on 12-7-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

Look! I apologize for being ignorant to you earlier. Maybe I do take my beliefs to far like everyone else once in a while. :/ Next time I shouldn't read Ayn Rand before I deiced to reply to a thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Oh almost let it slip by:
History

Israel declared independance on May 14th 1948. Arab states attacked the very next day. Isreal became a nation in ONE day.

Look! I apologize for being ignorant to you earlier. Maybe I do take my beliefs to far like everyone else once in a while. :/ Next time I shouldn't read Ayn Rand before I deiced to reply to a thread.

One thread, two open apologies. One of them my own. Is that a record ?

[edit on 12-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:58 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by rusethorcain

At least believe in yourself. Sure you can account for your physical state of being in a pragmatic sense, but you don't seem to have any notion or connection with your own "spirit" or hold a belief you are really the miracle you are.

Cain that is one of the coolest things I have read on this entire thread.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So Israel was created in 1 day? Fine...even if it's debatable. It took days (weeks?) to draw up their constitution, so you could say it took that long to create the country. If you consider signing the constitution the moment the country comes into existence, creating Israel only took around 30sec. In the end, it doesn't matter really...

Other countries created in 1 day include the US, England, Germany, France, Switzerland, and a ton of other countries. All I'm saying is that the "prophecy" isn't spectacular at all, and I really hope no one would seriously consider it as further proof that there is a god.

The same goes for the "Armageddon" prophecy, it's total hogwash. I could make the same prophecy, and guess what, at some time in the future there will be a happening that people could interpret as Armageddon. All you have to do is stay vague enough...

At the same time, you can threaten the people that if they don't obey some doctrines, they won't survive this oh-so-horrible Armageddon. Perfect way to control the masses. Works great with gullible people...which explains why it worked so well in the Middle Ages and old times, and why the number of believers are decreasing in modern society because people have a better education and understanding of science.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

So Israel was created in 1 day? Fine...even if it's debatable. It took days (weeks?) to draw up their constitution, so you could say it took that long to create the country. If you consider signing the constitution the moment the country comes into existence, creating Israel only took around 30sec. In the end, it doesn't matter really...

Yes I do understand your arguement better than what you may think.

the fact I hold to the light isn't a common one at all though.
Israel declared independence and with in 24hrs they were attacked.
That is that fact that history can not deny made them a full fledged nation in under 24 hrs.
This isn't about my glory or making me look good because I'm right and a
know it all. It's not about my God is bigger than yours.

It's about the one truth that exists, on this one planet, in this one universe
under one Gods rule. With everything that I have ever been, am now, or
ever could be. I am screaming at the top of my fargone lungs.

The hammer is about to fall! I will never be so arrogant as to claim I know the day , the hour, As a witness before God, we are in the season.
This thread has never been a game for me. Believe that if nothing else.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

And of course you're convinced that "your" God is the only true god...just like billions of other people believe in other gods. And just like you, they also quote "prophecies" and scriptures to give their statements legitimacy. They have just as much (or little) "proof" as you do.

You know how many people got attacked right after claiming independence and signing their constitution??? Look at Iraq! They signed their constitution in 1 day, just like Israel, and guess what, they're being attacked

Oh, and regarding your "my god is bigger than yours": That's a pretty petty statement. First of all, I don't believe in gods because there's no evidence and proof, and I refuse to believe in fairy tales (even if they can be interesting). Secondly, it makes it sound like a penis length brag

I never questioned your belief, it's pretty evident you're blindly believing. All I'm saying is that this belief is based on pure speculation without any legitimate proof or evidence. If your belief makes you happy, by all means, you have the right to be happy. But the whole "believe like I do, or you'll burn in hell" statements are beyond crazy and certainly don't help to put your belief in a good light.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

That's OK Randy. Flood control is in effect, but now it is my turn to do the same with regard to him or her or it whatever. (and now they'll probably remove this post too :lol
- those pesky mods.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I never questioned your belief, it's pretty evident your blindly believing. All I'm saying is that this belief is based on pure speculation without any legitimate proof or evidence. If your belief makes you happy, by all means, you have the right to be happy. But the whole "believe like I do, or you'll burn in hell" statements are beyond crazy and certainly don't help to put your belief in a good light.

Well I welcome that Ok. That leaves you with absolutly no more interest or a reason to post>No kind of hard feelings? Nothing else to say?
No more debate because in your eyes im I'm a goner. So.......

Cain

That's OK Randy. Flood control is in effect, but now it is my turn to do the same with regard to him or her or it whatever. (and now they'll probably remove this post too :lol - those pesky mods.

please don't cause any trouble for yourself friend.

I tried to warn you before they swooped did you get my u2u?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:22 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

It's a public forum. Yes, you have the right to believe, but the second you go public with it, you have to accept that people challenge your belief. They have the RIGHT to do so, especially on ATS. If you were just sticking to your belief, and keep it private, there wouldn't be a need to comment...but you chose to come out and make outrageous statements (burn in hell, etc.) without any backup. That goes too far and I will continue to challenge you and everyone else starting such threads.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

I know and have you done that now to your satisfaction. I'm not trying to kick you off my thread not even. But you and I have ran our course yes /no?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Luke 12:9
But he that denieth me before men shall be denied before the angels of God.

I guess that is a good quote to call it quits on this thread. Good luck Randy, and God Bless.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

You stop posting first, so I can stop posting

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   
I'm slightly confused by the cross-references between Israel and The Bible that you keep making, as if the two are innately related. Christiantity and Islam subsuming the Pentateuch is one thing, but Judaism isn't really concerned with the New Testament or Qur'an per se; that is the province of Christianity and is largely concerned with the divinity of Christ and his relational demarcation with God, solely through whom salvation is possible within the traditional Christian context.

Why do you keep referencing Israel as if it was indicative of a Christian success story? Your posts do not make this clear.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

I believe it's about 10 to 11 pages back, but it is there partner.
It deals with the prophet Isaiah. How Israel became a nation in one day in 1948 fortold over 2000 yrs in Isaiah.

Everyone I need sometime to really think about Mrxyzs fantastic post.
It really is like nothing Ive ever seen.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

Yeah I think Ok MrXYZ
After thinking on it you may have something there. There really isn't anything much more here for me either. I certainly didn't come out unscathed.

Here are a few highlights of this thread. Remember nobody wins a fight.

MrXYZ I agree

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yeah, OK, I get the connection with Isaiah, he is regarded as a Saint and a Prophet within Christianity, but his book is only part of the canon of Judaism.

Now, Isaiah insists that salvation is only through Yahweh, but the views of 'God' are notably divergent between Judaism and Christianity. As such, technically speaking, Jews cannot be redeemed and saved except by accepting the Christianised view of salvation.

Does this not seem to provide a conundrum?

Although a revered personage, why are you using Isaiah's words to support a Christianised view which in terms of orthodoxy which violates the salvation principles of the modern Church?

Predicting the 'virgin birth of a saviour' (admittedly, saviours were generally born to virgins back then) and the establishment of Israel does not a Christian make...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:22 PM
link   
In the wondrous futile infiltration of gauntlets, the horse who rides below the horizon will often conduct the symphony.

top topics

<< 49  50  51    53  54  55 >>

join