It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:20 PM
link   
uh, yeah, hi. atheist here. this manufactured fear doesn't fuel any nightmares for me. just spreadin' the news. bye.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by PieKeeper
Atheists don't usually believe in an afterlife, so there's no point in worrying about "Judgement day".

What you're trying to do, like Christianity often does, is to appeal to us through fear. Well, we aren't going to have any of that.

Atheists don't believe in an afterlife... but what if it believes in you.

But in all seriousness, there seems to be a lot of science out there that is breaking into the realm of spirituality. I do, however, think that the atheist camp's belief that there is no spirituality could be strong enough to hamper scientific growth for quite some time, just like the church used to.

Hmm... as a side note, I have heard from atheists themselves that they simply don't believe in "God" but might be "spiritual" or believe in various Eastern philosophies.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by darkbake]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

What about you? You're trolling the forums to annoying people about the religion that's the same as every other belief out there.

I'm truly sorry if you are annoyed,TOO BAD. You can always scammper off to another thread. I don't think you'll be missed really.
Why don't you just really think about what the op is saying instead of going off on me. Like I'm some kind of personal attacker.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Are you people just not into self preservation or what?

Well, here it is. A fear of death and the assumption that people can survive it. With these human fears and assumptions it somehow makes sense to find a god and start kissing some butt.

Wouldn't it be better to simply accept death?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Doesn't break me at all. You Christians are real lunatics. Always playing the victim card and then telling everyone else they're going to Hell. One day you'll bow to me and call me God!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
This is quite the dog pile so far.

I need a drink.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
What is this of god loving people judging people that claim to be atheists?

just one source among many others derived from humans interpertations

New International Version (©1984)
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

New Living Translation (©2007)
"Do not judge others, and you will not be judged. Do not condemn others, or it will all come back against you. Forgive others, and you will be forgiven.

English Standard Version (©2001)
“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;

New American Standard Bible (©1995)
"Do not judge, and you will not be judged; and do not condemn, and you will not be condemned; pardon, and you will be pardoned.

International Standard Version (©2008)
"Stop judging, and you will never be judged. Stop condemning, and you will never be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

GOD'S WORD® Translation (©1995)
"Stop judging, and you will never be judged. Stop condemning, and you will never be condemned. Forgive, and you will be forgiven.

King James Bible
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

American King James Version
Judge not, and you shall not be judged: condemn not, and you shall not be condemned: forgive, and you shall be forgiven:

American Standard Version
And judge not, and ye shall not be judged: and condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: release, and ye shall be released:

Bible in Basic English
Be not judges of others, and you will not be judged: do not give punishment to others, and you will not get punishment yourselves: make others free, and you will be made free:

Douay-Rheims Bible
Judge not, and you shall not be judged. Condemn not, and you shall not be condemned. Forgive, and you shall be forgiven.

Darby Bible Translation
And judge not, and ye shall not be judged; condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned. Remit, and it shall be remitted to you.

English Revised Version
And judge not, and ye shall not be judged: and condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: release, and ye shall be released:

Webster's Bible Translation
Judge not, and ye shall not be judged: condemn not, and ye shall not be condemned: forgive, and ye shall be forgiven:

Weymouth New Testament
"Judge not, and you shall not be judged; condemn not, and you shall not be condemned; pardon, and you shall be pardoned;

World English Bible
Don't judge, and you won't be judged. Don't condemn, and you won't be condemned. Set free, and you will be set free.

Young's Literal Translation
'And judge not, and ye may not be judged; condemn not, and ye may not be condemned; release, and ye shall be released.

But seriously, I don't belief in a judgement day for all, 100%. IMO God Allah etc. is not the highest level at all, it only wants us to belief that so we will be slaves. You know like TPTB is doing, recreating gods image.

To give a quote of an old friend of me;

"it is better to reign in hell, then serve in heaven"

Which I always replied, or go to the next step and create your own existence, if you beleive in God you know we can, since we were created
in her Image.

Spelling edit

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Dumbass]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Well, in response to the OP, I'm pretty sure it would be everyone's nightmare, since I can't think of anyone who has been stricty following the laws set out in the Old Testament. Self-righteous or not, if you ain't following them to the letter, you're out of favor.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Protostellar

If god is the one who delivers judgment, according to OP, than why the hell do you care what atheists believe or think? You obviously do since you started this thread.

Well you seem to be a very shallow thinker. If what I believe is the one truth, then of course I don't want to see anyone suffer the consequences of a truth that can't be changed and that's it . That's all there is to it . Over.
Nothing else but. Kaput.

Sorry for the slkow responses this thread took off a little faster than what I'm used to.

I can assure you your perception of my thinking capabilites is incorrect.
I'm not the one proclaiming to "know the truth that everyone knows" as you stated in your OP.

Really think about that last sentence.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Your unprovoked hatred is really very shocking.
Even with the low brow name calling.

Proto

Really think about that last sentence.

I don't have to think about it.
There can only be one truth pard.
Sorry for the bad news.
Perhaps I should of said the truth as everyone should know in cases such as yours. But the fact must remain. That's the logic of life I'm afraid and anything else is just self delusion .

One Truth. sorry I don't make the rules ,I just realise them.
The truth is Jesus Christ is the truth.
I'm just the messenger.
It's not like I have come with the heads of dead kings and threatening
plunder.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
As an atheist, myself, I always get a kick out of these threads. The religious so sure of "the truth", so clued in to what lies ahead. The bible is excellent reading. A wonderfully spun tale based off of other ancient mythologies and crafted to a specific culture. Nevermind to the Christians that they have abandoned the old laws, in order to accept this "New Covenant". Yet, when you ask for proof . . . they will scamper back to the old book for evidence or claim that the "truth" is self evident. However, they can never point to this obvious evidence without telling you to go to the book or listen to this verse. Nevermind, there is no hell in "god"'s original law or the corresponding mythology . . . Hell is a roman invention.

Round and Round we go . . . can't wait to be "judged" . . . can't wait to burn in hell for turning my back on "the truth". But . . . there is no preaching going on.

I don't fear life, man, death, or any god. I live (and well at that).

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
I am glad that some of you actually understood my point.

But for those of you who don't, I will rephrase it again in hopes that it makes sense.

It doesn't matter what we believe.

There is a "reality' out there that none of us know about, and none of us understand. We do not see it or know about it.

But it exists.

This means we are ignorant.

This implies that the discussion between Atheism vs Theism is irrelevant as we actually do not know what we are talking about.

Belief is worthless.

Knowing is what I am seeking. I want to know what lies hidden from us.

What you believe has nothing to do with reality. Your beliefs are merely ignorant assumptions based on your limited experiences in life.

Anyone who "believes" there is , or isn't; doesn't have a clue and is just making up crap based on what they "Feel".

So in the end it doesn't matter what we believe either way. All that matters is "reality" exists, we do not know it, nor can we erase it no matter what we think.

Be honest with yourselves. None of us have a clue what we are talking about. We are all yapping and ranting without reason or knowledge.

To act like you know what lies beyond, is arrogant.
But to accept the fact none of us have even a slight clue, is realistic.

That is why I mentioned ghosts. Because for me, the ghost thing caused me to realize none of us know what the hell is going on here.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Tell me please. Like somehow you know more then anyone on this site. you're the delusional one. Please check yourself before you come at me with that BS!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romantic_Rebel
reply to post by randyvs

Tell me please. Like somehow you know more then anyone on this site. you're the delusional one. Please check yourself before you come at me with that BS!

I usually tend to think we are all delusional.

I mean who is perfect? Right?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

You're right on that. Creationist annoying me very badly that's why I'm angry at the OP. I can't believe I have two family churches. One Catholic and the other is Protestant. Make's me wish I was born to a different family.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Romantic_Rebel]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The best part of being delusional is understanding that you are delusional, it opens so many doors for you.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

i hesitate to even go there because i could spend 24/7 doing the atheist thing on ats (those religious people just freakin' love to provoke nons). but many atheists do not reject a god, they simply indicate they have no personal evidence that has suggested there is a god, PERIOD. to decide to "not believe" in something infers there's evidence that it exists and you have made a value judgement. some people who may mistakenly call themselves atheists believe this. but as for me, i don't reject your god or anybody else's for your benefit. it's just that personally, i've never seen any evidence. that doesn't even take into account supposed evidence against your god or anybody else's.

were a god to provide evidence of his existence, an atheist, by definition, would begin to believe in him.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
Follow the Bible or don't follow it at all is what I say.
Don't just pick and choose what to live by.

Follow all of it

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   

You're right on that. Creationist annoying me very badly that's why I'm angry at the OP. I can't believe I have two family churches. One Catholic and the other is Protestant. Make's me wish I was born to a different family.

Well if you want to make a dart board out my avatar feel free. If that will help that's cool. Just if you refrained from name calling it would compliment you in the best way. I feel it is far beneath you.

I also am not so arrogant as to not agree with you flash .

Mucksters thread

Delusioned idiots. I think it is?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join