It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 49
<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by Leonardo01

yeah go read page 26 first post then maybe a few things in history like nations destroyed then a few things about children then tell me who are you gonna meet after death? and no one gets out alive right?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

I am sorry but the level of maturity I have seen from most of the atheists, not all, is very low. They usually start mocking, ridiculing, and making fun of any faith. That shows no respect. One who does not respect another man, has no respect for himself.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Oh, Jesus is king eh? Well, if a crown of thorns makes someone a king then I guess you're right. Your little bible verse in your signature continues to show the errors and contradictions in your belief of an ancient text. The bible says to give to Caesar what is Caesar's and that no authority is in place except by the will of god, yet you verse supports those going against Caesar because "Jesus is King."

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion

I am sorry but the level of maturity I have seen from most of the atheists, not all, is very low. They usually start mocking, ridiculing, and making fun of any faith. That shows no respect. One who does not respect another man, has no respect for himself.

Are the religious any better?
HUMANS are quite immature.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Who wouldn't show the errors in FAITH. I do not see atheists mocking or ridiculing those who believe in facts. I make fun of those scientologists who believe spaghetti monsters had anything to do with earth's creation and humans being here, that doesn't make me a bad person. If you wish to believe in Faith that is your choice, but don't come expect someone to deal with you rationally and logically when the very premise of your entire life is based on superstition.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

again go see first post page 26-was Caesar raised from the dead? you think that is an absolute non negotiable authoritive clue by the Creator? Caesar was an invading violent force-and still even by them Jesus was declared King of the Jews eventually so... and again learn what it means to be a King in the regards to dieing to yourself for anothers benefit-in this case forgiveness of sins for the world, and even in simpler terms parents for their children

He did not say this on his own, but as high priest that year he prophesied that Jesus would die for the Jewish nation, 52and not only for that nation but also for the scattered children of God, to bring them together and make them one.-John11.51

I die every day-1Cor15.31

[edit on by No King but Jesus]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by ninthaxis
reply to post by Conclusion

Who wouldn't show the errors in FAITH. I do not see atheists mocking or ridiculing those who believe in facts. I make fun of those scientologists who believe spaghetti monsters had anything to do with earth's creation and humans being here, that doesn't make me a bad person. If you wish to believe in Faith that is your choice, but don't come expect someone to deal with you rationally and logically when the very premise of your entire life is based on superstition.

May i ask what facts do you believe in???

edit: Nevermind I had read your post wrong... its getting late here :p

[edit on 12-7-2010 by _R4t_]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   
Originally posted by evil incarnate

2 Kings 8:26 vs. 2 Chronicles 22:2 says "Forty and two years..."

Bible is not a history book. It's objective is not to build timelines.

2 Samuel 6:23 vs. 2 Samuel 21:8 says "sons of Michal..."

You just have a translation that lacks the word sister. It's supposed to be sister of Michal.

2 Samuel 8:3-4 vs. 1 Chronicles 18:3-4 says "...seven thousand horsemen..."

Again, this scripture doesn't focus on the number, but the fact itself

1 Kings 4:26 vs. 2 Chronicles 9:25 says "...four thousand stalls"

Same here

2 Kings 25:8 vs. Jeremiah 52:12 says "...in the fifth month, in the tenth day of the month..."

1 Samuel 31:4-6 vs. 2 Samuel 21:12 says "...the Philistines had slain Saul in Gilboa."

Even when he killed himself, the philistines cut his head off, after. It depends on who tells the story...

Gen 2:17 vs. Gen 5:5 Adam's death

Gen 3:20 - Adam then names his wife Eve (wich means life) when god killed the first lamb, making them coats with its skin. That was the symbol that a lamb's death would replace their immediate death, = god's mercy, still they had the consequences of the sin after ˜900 years...

Matt 1:16 vs. Luke 3:23 says "... Joseph, which was the son of Heli"

Luke wasn't a personal witness of Jesus' life. Years after, he researched the facts, to write his gospel.

James 1:13 vs. Gen 22:1 says "...God did tempt Abraham..."

The translations seem to differ in words like temptation and trial. They may seem the same but have opposite objectives. One is temped to fall on sin, but a trial makes you better when passed.

Gen 6:20 vs. Gen 7:2,3 says "Of every clean beast thou shall take to thee by sevens...Of fowls also of the air by sevens..."

Like before, it's a foul translation. In the hebrew the word fowls doesnt come up

Luke23:46 vs. John 19:30 "Jesus cries..."

Again, John was right there, Luke collected and researched facts years later.

Gen 32:30 vs. John 1:18 states, "No man hath seen God at any time..."

I has been answered already. Few verses earlier it shows up as "wrestled a man"...

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
100% proof that RELIGIPHOBIA is alive and well.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by LoneExplorer]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

yeah go read page 26 first post then maybe a few things in history like nations destroyed then a few things about children then tell me who are you gonna meet after death? and no one gets out alive right?

Well the bible has loopholes you see...in the old testament GOD is shown to be a badass--"don't mess with me you damn human" sort of individual....whereas in the new testament he sort of gets an image makeover.

Is god a politician I wonder?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:32 AM
link   
Originally posted by evil incarnate

1 Kings 7:23 The pi number

In hebrew, there's no symbols for numbers. They use letters from the alphabet to represent, like a=1 b=2 and so on... how will you make a fraction? still, a 10-30 proportion is pretty good, since Archimedes came up with the pi hundreds of years later

Lev 11:20-21: "All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you."

The word in hebrew means insect, winged creeping

Lev 11:6: "And the hare, because he cheweth the cud..."

The word here is "arnebeth" wich is not accurately translated today. It's also different from the word "shaphan" used on your next text (Deut. 14:7) wich was a kind of a wild rabbit, non existent today.

Deut 14:7: " "...as the camel, and the hare, and the coney: for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof."

Again, we dont know certainly what animal it was, seems to be extinct

Jonah 1:17 vs. Matt 12:40 says "... whale's belly..."

Some translations bring the word whale, most dont

Matt 13:31-32 The grain of mustard case

It's called a parable, its a symbol to represent something. If you take the seed then compare to the plant, you will get the point of the story

Matt 4:8 Jesus' tempation

We do need to look into that. But since jesus and satan were apparently the only ones present on the event, who will we trust for the story?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   
[edit on 12-7-2010 by HSDA83]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   

The Son is the radiance of God's glory and the exact representation of his being, sustaining all things by his powerful word. After he had provided purification for sins, he sat down at the right hand of the Majesty in heaven.-Heb1.3

Who will bring any charge against those whom God has chosen? It is God who justifies. Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died—more than that, who was raised to life—is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us. Who shall separate us from the love of Christ? Shall trouble or hardship or persecution or famine or nakedness or danger or sword?-Rom8.33

For to us a child is born, to us a son is given, and the government will be on his shoulders. And he will be called Wonderful Counselor, Mighty God, Everlasting Father, Prince of Peace.-Is9.6

And I saw the souls of those who had been beheaded because of their testimony for Jesus and because of the word of God. They had not worshiped the beast or his image and had not received his mark on their foreheads or their hands.-Rev20.4

Their bodies will lie in the street of the great city, which is figuratively called Sodom and Egypt, where also their Lord was crucified.-Rev11.8

the LORD is our king-Is33.22

Not that I have already obtained all this, or have already been made perfect, but I press on to take hold of that for which Christ Jesus took hold of me.-Phil3.12

Here is a trustworthy saying that deserves full acceptance: Christ Jesus came into the world to save sinners—of whom I am the worst.-1Tim1.15

Then Jesus came to them and said, "All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me.-Matt28.18

He sits enthroned above the circle of the earth, and its people are like grasshoppers.-Is40.22

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
redundant post

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:32 AM
link   

I do not believe that the grammatical errors that I am aware of affects the message. Just errors.

I have to ask again - are you trying to play less intelligent?

The OP said the bible had NO errors. I said it did. You are saying they are a different kind of "error" than you are looking for so no matter?

Look, an error is an error. There is nothing else to discuss about that. I said there are errors, I proved there are errors, you admitted there are errors. You can call them any type of error you want but they will still be errors.

Also, grammatical errors really only excuses a few. Keep trying. I gave you some pretty hefty lists. You can either agree errors are errors or you can take them point by point and explain why an error is not an error. Either way, I am interested.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:33 AM
link   

reply to post by evil incarnate

You said move on. What else would you like to discuss?

For real?

You really are not playing games here? You are not playing stupid? My post went on and on past errors. You just stopped at errors for some reason. Do I need to post it a 4th time so you can see what to move on to or do you think you can scroll back and see what else was in my post after errors?

Seriously??????

Do you not see how this comes across as just playing dumb for no reason?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Temper please. Only through calm reasoning is any type of wisdom accomplished.

It gets a little hard to do when I have posted the exact same text 4 different times and still each and every "Christian" that says they can address it just plays games with me instead. Is the goal of this thread to just make people angry?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:55 AM
link   

Tell us about the maturity level of the Christian that began this thread. See, the last time I checked Christians were supposed to be representing Christ. The rest of us are representing humanity. The OP is going to get back at least what he puts out.

You seem to almost be going out of your way to ignore the fact that this is nothing more than an attack thread started by someone who has spent the vast majority of their time in it just insulting anyone that does not agree.

Then you have Christians who join in, ignore the bad behavior of the host, twist things, pretend they need the same thing shown to them over and over and over again in order to understand and then remind us they are smarter and know more than us.

This type of thread does not lend itself to maturity and productive conversation. This is why I was willing to take you up on your offer to have a real conversation and I have already had to post my questions to you a third time and then still have you ask what questions I had because you stopped at the second one. Frustrating to say the least.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 04:57 AM
link   
reply to post by HSDA83

All you have shown is that you personally can find a way to mitigate individual errors. You have failed to prove that there are no errors. It is a simple statement. The OP says there are no errors. I showed you errors. You decided they were different types of errors and that makes it ok. I understand that errors are still errors and changing the type does nothing to change the fact that an error is still an error.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
Yeah, you got me there. Tell me, was it

Shunning all humanity for the sins of two people?
Destroying almost all living creatures because some bad apples existed?
Ordering the slaughter of babies?
Torturing the faithful to show Satan up?
Sending plagues down up innocent people?

Or was it raping a 15 year old girl in order to have himself born on earth instead of just showing up that really impressed you?

lol. He warned those two people.

That he would punish them beyond all punishment for eating an apple. That sounds loving to you?

Shunning all of humanity? Hardly I would say. That is why he sent his Son.

So it was just a shunning that lasted thousands and thousands of years? That sounds loving?

Not just some bad apples. All but Noah and his family.

Read your bible. The race of Giants still lives after the flood. Also, where in the bible does it explain what all the animals not on the boat did that was so bad?

God is no respecter of person's. All things work toward his will.

Right, but not a loving will.

I see that torturing the faithful to show up Satan is ok with you.
Calling out a hit on babies is cool.
Raping a 15 year old girl is loving. Gotcha. Just not that Eden and flood thing. OK!

Now let me ask you a question.

When you bow before Christ, what will you answer be?

Why would I bow before your imaginary friend? What would I be answering?

top topics

<< 46  47  48    50  51  52 >>

join