It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
Okay. First I do not believe atheism is other than belief in God.

What do you believe it is?

As for errors in the bible, if you could point them out that would help me tremendously.

Contradictions:
2 Kings 8:26 says "Two and twenty years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign..." 2 Chronicles 22:2 says "Forty and two years old was Ahaziah when he began to reign..."

2 Samuel 6:23 says "Therefore Michal the daughter of Saul had no child unto the day of her death" 2 Samuel 21:8 says "But the king took...the five sons of Michal the daughter of Saul"

2 Samuel 8:3-4 says "David smote also Hadadezer...and took from him...seven hundred horsemen..." 1 Chronicles 18:3-4 says "David smote Hadarezer...and took from him...seven thousand horsemen..."

1 Kings 4:26 says "And Solomon had forty thousand stalls of horses for his chariots..." 2 Chronicles 9:25 says "And Solomon had four thousand stalls for horses and chariots..."

2 Kings 25:8 says "And in the fifth month, on the seventh day of the month...Nebuzaradan...came...unto Jerusalem" Jeremiah 52:12 says "...in the fifth month, in the tenth day of the month...came Nebuzaradan...into Jerusalem"

1 Samuel 31:4-6 says "...Saul took a sword and fell upon it. And when his armourbearer saw that Saul was dead and...died with him. So Saul died..." 2 Samuel 21:12 says "...the Philistines had slain Saul in Gilboa."

Gen 2:17 says "But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day thou eastest thereof thou shalt surely die [note: it doesn't say 'spiritual' death] Gen 5:5 says "And all the days that Adam lived were nine hundred and thirty years: and he died."

Matt 1:16 says, "And Jacob begat Joseph the husband of Mary, of whom was born Jesus..." Luke 3:23 says "And Jesus...the son of Joseph, which was the son of Heli"

James 1:13 says "..for God cannot be tempted with evil, neither tempteth he any man." Gen 22:1 says "And it came to pass after these things, that God did tempt Abraham..."

Gen 6:20 says "Of fowls after their kind and of cattle [etc.]...two of every sort shall come unto thee..." Gen 7:2,3 says "Of every clean beast thou shall take to thee by sevens...Of fowls also of the air by sevens..."

Luke23:46: "And when Jesus had cried with a loud voice, he said, Father, into thy hands I commend my spirit: and having said thus, he gave up the ghost." John 19:30 "When Jesus therefore had received the vinegar, he said, It is finished: and he bowed his head, and gave up the ghost."

Gen 32:30 states "...for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." John 1:18 states, "No man hath seen God at any time..."

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   

Well if you are really a satanist, then it would make no difference to you if God would get angry.

Are you really not following along? I mean, I hate to just be rude to you since you seem to be trying to be nice but let me introduce you to Randy/NotYourTypical tactic NUMBER 3

Play Dumb- Specifically the act of asking a question and then using the response to further move the next response from the original context that started the chain. Then pretend to not be able to make sense of answer number 3 to question number 1.

Yours seems to be a variation thereof.

Let me try to make this as clear as possible. I am NOT the least bit worried about what your god thinks. That is the point. I have no god to answer to when I die and yet I am perfectly capable of distinguishing right from wrong. I know enough not to start threads just attacking people's beliefs. I am able to walk through life without bringing harm to innocent people. I can do that all without giving any thought to any deity punishing or rewarding me in the end for it.

So...why is it that these "Christians" that claim they only understand morals in the context of fear of repercussion, still cannot be good?

Make a little more sense?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

As for errors in the bible, if you could point them out that would help me tremendously.

Factual Errors:

1 Kings 7:23 "He made a molten sea, ten cubits from the one brim to the other: it was round all about, and his height was five cubits: and a line of thirty cubits did compass it round about." Circumference = Pi() x Diameter, which means the line would have to have been over 31 cubits. In order for this to be rounding, it would have had to overstate the amount to ensure that the line did "compass it round about."

Lev 11:20-21: "All fowls that creep, going upon all four, shall be an abomination unto you." Fowl do not go upon all four.

Lev 11:6: "And the hare, because he cheweth the cud..." Hare do not chew the cud.

Deut 14:7: " "...as the camel, and the hare, and the coney: for they chew the cud, but divide not the hoof." For the hare this is wrong on both counts: Hare don’t chew the cud and they do divide the "hoof."

Jonah 1:17 says, "...Jonah was in the belly of the fish three days and three nights" Matt 12:40 says "...Jonas was three days and three nights in the whale's belly..." whales and fish are not related

Matt 13:31-32: " "the kingdom of heaven is like to a grain of mustard seed which…is the least of all seeds, but when it is grown is the greatest among herbs and becometh a tree." There are 2 significant errors here: first, there are many smaller seeds, like the orchid seed; and second, mustard plants don't grow into trees.

Matt 4:8: " Again, the devil taketh him up into an exceeding high mountain, and sheweth him all the kingdoms of the world, and the glory of them." Unless the world is flat, altitude simply will not help you see all the kingdoms of the earth.

Good start

[edit on 7/12/10 by evil incarnate]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
Okay this will take a while for me to research.

I do know of a few errors in the bible like the one of Saul, but I believe those one's to be exactly that just errors.

Now for some of the others I will have to look them up.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by HSDA83
So now satanists are atheists too?

9th satanic Statement:
Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years.
who is he and why is it on CAPS?
don't forget, first satanic sin is Stupidity!

[edit on 11-7-2010 by HSDA83]

Reading is fundamental!

Satan is a metaphor, a symbol, a literary character, for the church - a wonderful marketing tool.

What he is not is an actual deity.

Speaking of stupidity, it is in caps for two reasons.

1-It is the beginning of the sentence.
2-It is a proper noun.

[edit on 7/12/10 by evil incarnate]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Oh. So he believes one only follows Christ out of fear?

You should really read this thread. I know it is long but I have managed all the way through it and my god is not even up for discussion here.

Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Sounds like a cute thing to say but it seems rather empty and does not really fit with reality. Can you provide me examples of how wisdom evolves from fear?

There are other reasons to follow Christ though. My reason is because no where have I seen anyone show his kind of love.

Yeah, you got me there. Tell me, was it

Shunning all humanity for the sins of two people?
Destroying almost all living creatures because some bad apples existed?
Ordering the slaughter of babies?
Torturing the faithful to show Satan up?
Sending plagues down up innocent people?

Or was it raping a 15 year old girl in order to have himself born on earth instead of just showing up that really impressed you?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:17 AM
link   

Gen 32:30 states "...for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved." John 1:18 states, "No man hath seen God at any time..."

Okay I have researched this one with my own bible.

Gen 32:30
And Jacob called the name of the place Peniel: (Literal translation - Face of God) for I have seen God face to face, and my life is preserved. He was wrestling with an angle of God prior to that. You have to read more than one section of the book to understand the entire meaning.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by HSDA83
So now satanists are atheists too?

9th satanic Statement:
Satan has been the best friend the Church has ever had, as He has kept it in business all these years.
who is he and why is it on CAPS?
don't forget, first satanic sin is Stupidity!

[edit on 11-7-2010 by HSDA83]

Yes, satanism is mostly atheistic, some will claim to worship the deity known as satan, but those people are quite rare.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

You are missing the point entirely. It is two different passages that contradict each other. Besides, why are you even trying now? You just admitted a post back that you know there are errors in the bible. That was the claim. Randy said the bible had none. I said it had some. You admit there are some. Why not move on?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   
using scriptures to make a point eh? gotta love it

Jesus answered, "It is written: 'Man does not live on bread alone, but on every word that comes from the mouth of God.'-Mat4.4

" 'How can you say, "We are wise, for we have the law of the LORD," when actually the lying pen of the scribes has handled it falsely?-Jer8.8

These are the Scriptures that testify about me -John5.38

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Oh. So he believes one only follows Christ out of fear?

You should really read this thread. I know it is long but I have managed all the way through it and my god is not even up for discussion here.

Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

Sounds like a cute thing to say but it seems rather empty and does not really fit with reality. Can you provide me examples of how wisdom evolves from fear?

There are other reasons to follow Christ though. My reason is because no where have I seen anyone show his kind of love.

Yeah, you got me there. Tell me, was it

Shunning all humanity for the sins of two people?
Destroying almost all living creatures because some bad apples existed?
Ordering the slaughter of babies?
Torturing the faithful to show Satan up?
Sending plagues down up innocent people?

Or was it raping a 15 year old girl in order to have himself born on earth instead of just showing up that really impressed you?

lol. He warned those two people. Shunning all of humanity? Hardly I would say. That is why he sent his Son.
Not just some bad apples. All but Noah and his family.
God is no respecter of person's. All things work toward his will.

Now let me ask you a question.

When you bow before Christ, what will you answer be?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

You do realize the point is that those scriptures are faulty, right?

Not sure how a thinking person can find smug enjoyment in that at all. Is there anyway we could do an ATS idol to find the smartest Christian on ATS. It would make these threads far more interesting.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate
reply to post by Conclusion

You are missing the point entirely. It is two different passages that contradict each other. Besides, why are you even trying now? You just admitted a post back that you know there are errors in the bible. That was the claim. Randy said the bible had none. I said it had some. You admit there are some. Why not move on?

I do not believe that the grammatical errors that I am aware of affects the message. Just errors.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Conclusion]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate

Originally posted by No King but Jesus

You do realize the point is that those scriptures are faulty, right?

Not sure how a thinking person can find smug enjoyment in that at all. Is there anyway we could do an ATS idol to find the smartest Christian on ATS. It would make these threads far more interesting.

Temper please. Only through calm reasoning is any type of wisdom accomplished.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:29 AM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

You said move on. What else would you like to discuss?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   

yes I am aware of what applies and what does'nt and to whom, that is my point

For I tell you that unless your righteousness surpasses that of the Pharisees and the teachers of the law, you will certainly not enter the kingdom of heaven.-Matt5.20

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

And yet Jesus denounces and condemns these same teachers and Pharisees over and over again. Nice troll account name by the way, very clever on your part.

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

ah almost missed that "smart" remark, too bad I can't see you face to face like in a temple collecting revenue unlawfully but anyway I would rather have one for the dumbest Christian I might have a chance at that, why not have one for the "wisest" satanist swaying children for whom and to where and for what good to your own soul?

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:47 AM
link   
I haven't followed the thread in its entirety. However I would like to point out that Atheism requires a level of maturity and more importantly imagination...most people don't like the idea that they are in control of their fate as it means a greater responsibility.Also as most people are like sheep they would need to follow a certain dogma which religion provides readily.If they were to stop following this dogma then chaos would follow.

Essentially religion is the pedestal on which the illusion that is civilization thrives on.Hence it is important that people believe in something...they must stay in the matrix.

[edit on 12-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 12 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
reply to post by ninthaxis

if you could take the time to educate yourself on where I stand before a slanderous accusation you would realize how far your foot is in a place it should'nt be-no troll see the sig and do some reading on who God appointed King then come talk

new topics

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join