It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 45
<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

The difference is that scientists ADMIT they don't know everything about the big bang. Religious people claim to KNOW the answer, when in reality, they know nothing...

Religious person:"THIS is how stuff works/is...don't believe it? You better (even if I won't provide you with any credible proof), or you're gonna burn in hell when the deity that talks to me in my head runs into you at the pearly gates!"

[edit on 11-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
This is from a previous post.

Even what science calls Laws seem to contradict themselves as with the Big Bang. Take the first law of motion for instance.

An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

Then what set off the big bang.

Of course people say that the laws didn't come into effect till after the big bang, but we both know that is just an assumption.

They want us to believe that a singularity popped into existence from nothing. I think we both know that could not happen either because if nothing existed how could something just pop into existence like magic? They want to point out that in quantum mechanics particles pop into and out of existence. That may be true, but if the laws are not in place till after the big bang, which they claim, then it also makes that assumption null and void.

So going either way, religious or scientific, you have to have a belief that it happened in a way that, with our current understanding, we would term as magical.

Interesting, but either way, why should this make me believe in a god?
I'm alot more convinced by the electric universe theory anyway.
And they expect you to believe a singularity popped into place just like you want them to believe a god popped into place.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

Another U2U sent to you.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Another U2U sent to you.

2nd line.

Send me one! I'm so lonely and I want this fighting to stop!

link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Even what science calls Laws seem to contradict themselves as with the Big Bang. Take the first law of motion for instance.

An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

Of course people say that the laws didn't come into effect till after the big bang, but we both know that is just an assumption.

They want us to believe that a singularity popped into existence from nothing. I think we both know that could not happen either because if nothing existed how could something just pop into existence like magic? They want to point out that in quantum mechanics particles pop into and out of existence. That may be true, but if the laws are not in place till after the big bang, which they claim, then it also makes that assumption null and void.

So going either way, religious or scientific, you have to have a belief that it happened in a way that, with our current understanding, we would term as magical.

And they expect you to believe a singularity popped into place just like you want them to believe a god popped into place.

Well then okay. Only God could make you believe in him. Do you search for him?

link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

There's Gundie now. Lil late arn't yoiu Pal come on get started send up some flac We're hav'in a cheese pizza.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue_Mage

Another U2U sent to you.

2nd line.

Send me one! I'm so lonely and I want this fighting to stop!

It's not fighting, it's called debate, debates tend to get a bit heated on occasion.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by Conclusion

The difference is that scientists ADMIT they don't know everything about the big bang. Religious people claim to KNOW the answer, when in reality, they know nothing...

Religious person:"THIS is how stuff works/is...don't believe it? You better (even if I won't provide you with any credible proof), or you're gonna burn in hell when the deity that talks to me in my head runs into you at the pearly gates!"

[edit on 11-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

I for one do not know everything about God. It would be like a single cell organism understanding everything about this Universe x infinite.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Well then okay. Only God could make you believe in him. Do you search for him?

Where should I search for him?
I meditate daily, so if he's supposed to show himself there, please by all means do it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

You have to invite Christ into your heart. When you do it be by yourself. Ask him to make himself known to you.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

You have to invite Christ into your heart. When you do it be by yourself. Ask him to make himself known to you.

"Ask, and it will be given to you; seek, and you will find; knock, and it will be opened to you.

I was raised as a roman catholic, I was a follower of it until I was 17, at which point I started to question my faith, and realized that I had nothing but false hopes to justify my beliefs.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   

What made you come to that realization? The church?

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

What made you come to that realization? The church?

2nd line.

My own reasoning, I realized that we don't know half of what we think we know and to think that God would come down to us and give us his only begotten son was arrogance.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Is anyone good at math on here?

I am not sure my calculations would be correct.

If you are I need you to do me a favor.

Here is what I was talking about with Hitotsumami.

So we have the big number of DNA. Right? Okay. Now take the percentage of change in one generation. A generation is considered about 20 to 25 years. Since you seem to be better at math than I am if you could do that it would be great. This would mean in 20 years... mitochondrial DNA may have 6x10^-28% change.

How much would our DNA Change in 1 billion years using those numbers.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

But we are his Children, why would that be arrogance?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:09 PM
link   

Double Post.

2nd line.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by Conclusion]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Well I guess it is just us Randy.

Are you good at math.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

See if you can contribute to your thread for a change.

See if maybe you can stop making all Christians look rude and arrogant.

Don't you have some nasty U2Us to be sending out in the name of Jesus anyway? Complaining I am late when before I was here too much? Any insult that fits your current agenda, right? Jesus must be proud.

See if you can post on topic, answer a question, say something intelligent, and be productive in any way. You can always put me on ignore if you feel all I warrant are your christian insults.

[edit on 11-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Blue_Mage

U2U sent to ya my friend.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

But we are his Children, why would that be arrogance?

Him making us in his own image.
Him giving us his ONLY begotten son.
And also the fact that it was written about 198,000 years into our existance.
It just seems like primitive superstition to me, albeit dressed up in fancy dress.
No offense.

top topics

<< 42  43  44    46  47  48 >>

join