It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 44
<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Oh, and you really shouldn't do it either as it just shows your ignorance to the other side of the argument.
reply to post by hippomchippo

I know how this will sound, so jump on it and run around with it like your on fire if you will. From my point of view, there really is no "otherside".
Only a human side of everything.

Ughhhhhhh
There is another side to your argument, the atheist point of view.
Your argument is that everything is ordained by god correct?
The atheists point of view is that natural laws can explain that.
A normal religious person would say that God is what created those natural laws.
I don't oppose to that idea, I'm just saying there is no evidence for it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by Hitotsumami

thank you for the kind regards, seems evident to me that Jesus is saying when you welcome one his Name you are welcoming Him and I do recall the nation he was in at that time being destroyed this is also very ineresting in TBR's, and here are some more referred to as Him also

"Then the righteous will answer him, 'Lord, when did we see you hungry and feed you, or thirsty and give you something to drink? 38When did we see you a stranger and invite you in, or needing clothes and clothe you? 39When did we see you sick or in prison and go to visit you?' 40"The King will reply, 'I tell you the truth, whatever you did for one of the least of these brothers of mine, you did for me.'-Matt25.15

and here children called holy-

For the unbelieving husband has been sanctified through his wife, and the unbelieving wife has been sanctified through her believing husband. Otherwise your children would be unclean, but as it is, they are holy.-1Cor7.14

again thanks for the polite mannerisms

Thanks for the reply! I will do my best to understand.

Your first paragraph is basically saying that when you do something nice to another, you are basically doing something nice for God?

Your second paragraph is basically saying that as long as a father or mother believes in God, then the child will not be unclean.

I do not quite see what this has to do with the topic currently being discussed. Could you possible explain your point in posting them?

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by hippomchippo

6 billion rungs.

I will look up rungs to see what that is. I thought it would be more DNA.

You don't know what a rung is?
A step on a ladder is a rung.

Yeah I understand I am not that knowledgeable in biology, but thank you for the help.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   

I sent you a U2U.

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
Just for the record, I don't even find the idea of a God to be ridiculous, I just find the idea of a God that humans talk to and that answer prayers and be personal to others to be ridiculous and no offense quite primitive.
Infact, the day they find evidence for a god is the day I become a theist.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

KingofKings is enlightened with the meaning of the word. He understands how it links in with the world we live in and he knows that his own words can't say it any better. That is why he posts scripture.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ

you do realize you are a ??? writing? who wrote those?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   

KingofKings is enlightened with the meaning of the word. He understands how it links in with the world we live in and he knows that his own words can't say it any better. That is why he posts scripture.

Actually I think he's just here to try to prosthelytize, hence his name and why he only posts in religious threads, much like a street preacher.
But I guess to each their own.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by No King but Jesus

What are your thoughts on the Quran. Tell me please. No bible verse. I would like your opion on it.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Just for the record, I don't even find the idea of a God to be ridiculous, I just find the idea of a God that humans talk to and that answer prayers and be personal to others to be ridiculous and no offense quite primitive.

You have to find the reasons within yourself.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   

Once again, if there is a god, I believe he would be a non interventionalist god, so looking within myself may provide zen, much like buddhists, but it won't provide me with God, which I believe will come with large strides in science, especially if we ever find out what happened before the big bang.

link   

Originally posted by No King but Jesus
reply to post by MrXYZ

you do realize you are a ??? writing? who wrote those?

I'm really not sure what the above means. What do you mean with "those"? What's a "??? writing"?

Please no bible verse answer

link   

Did you come up with a percentage of change?

2nd line.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Conc
It would take evolution an infinite amount of time just to get started.

Arthur Edington

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   

Once again, if there is a god, I believe he would be a non interventionalist god, so looking within myself may provide zen, much like buddhists, but it won't provide me with God, which I believe will come with large strides in science, especially if we ever find out what happened before the big bang.

The big bang could not have happened though.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yeah that is what I am trying to prove.

Not enough change in our DNA would support evolution.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   

And you know that for a fact?
Please, go on.
And either way, it doesn't touch on what I said in my post, it seems like a non issue that you're focusing on.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Conclusion

Why not?

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   

And you know that for a fact?
Please, go on.
And either way, it doesn't touch on what I said in my post, it seems like a non issue that you're focusing on.

This is from a previous post.

Even what science calls Laws seem to contradict themselves as with the Big Bang. Take the first law of motion for instance.

An object at rest will remain at rest unless acted on by an unbalanced force. An object in motion continues in motion with the same speed and in the same direction unless acted upon by an unbalanced force.

Then what set off the big bang.

Of course people say that the laws didn't come into effect till after the big bang, but we both know that is just an assumption.

They want us to believe that a singularity popped into existence from nothing. I think we both know that could not happen either because if nothing existed how could something just pop into existence like magic? They want to point out that in quantum mechanics particles pop into and out of existence. That may be true, but if the laws are not in place till after the big bang, which they claim, then it also makes that assumption null and void.

So going either way, religious or scientific, you have to have a belief that it happened in a way that, with our current understanding, we would term as magical.

posted on Jul, 11 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
The hypocritical "Christians" have NO PROOF or even EVIDENCE of

Their god

Their bible stories

Their faith in either.

And they have all of you scrambling to prove evolution to them as if it is God or prove otherwise. When one of these "Christians" can post as much evidence for god, Noah's flood, giants, virgin births, diving intervention, etc. then they might have some ground to stand on. At this point they have just spent pages bluffing reality into a corner.

top topics

<< 41  42  43    45  46  47 >>

join