It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
What I think is funny how atheists always call an afterlife or god fairytales. Most of them believe in black holes, but you cannot observe them. You can observe there effects, like how some people observe effects of the afterlife NDE, meditation, OBE, ghosts. It does not mean they are real, but it just shows you that just because we cannot see something does not mean it is not there.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by Bobbox1980

If an all knowing all powerful god does exist and he wants to send me to hell for not believing in him because I had no proof then so be it, I would rather not be in heaven anyway

In all fairness posts like yours are a joke. They're really nothing.
This isn't preaching friend, it is a thread where these types of threads go.
So try to stay in context or don't reply. You do have a choice.

In all fairness, I very much so agree with Bobbox.

If God does exist, I think he would favor "seekers" more, and even atheists fit that description. The people that claim to know God, that claim to know his desires and opinions, the ones that have so much "faith," I think, are at the height of human arrogance. He can't know God. You are not supposed to know god. You can know of him, you can speculate, you can believe, but don't think for a minute you have god figured out.

Me? I'm a seeker. I don't currently believe in a god, but I look for one anyway, even though it may very well be in vain. Again, even if I were to think I found a god, I would still have to decide whether my belief in a god is relevant to how I live my life or not.

People claim God is the creator of all things. That includes intelligence. But he would transcend intelligence, IMO, and therefore be of a nature that by nature can not be fully understood.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by SubPop79]

[edit on 3-7-2010 by SubPop79]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:32 PM
link   

Isn’t the OP just a loose reinterpretation of Pascal’s wager? Surely the logical failures of that are well known around here? For one, someone of another religion can just as easily dangle some other horrific fate in front of a Christian and say why don’t you believe in X since if you don’t this terrible thing will happen to you. The logic is the same.
reply to post by Mike_A

Where is the sillyness you speak of?
I'm seeing some prety good discussions taking hold myself . I'm pleased with my thread so far and I'm enjoying it. What else could I ask?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Pauligirl

You can’t sincerely believe something just to be on the safe side. Without the sincerity, you are just a hypocrite. If there is a god, which do you think he/she/it would prefer? Honest disbelief, or hypocritical belief?

I wonder how you've become confused?
Certainly I never said that's why I believe something or anything for that
matter. NoNo I have much deeper reasons my fair one.

MADDOG
I'm pretty sure we are seeing an example of an ELE as we speak.
The only thing left is for the meteor to enter the picture.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

In all fairness posts like yours are a joke. They're really nothing.

I looked at the New Threads category on the right side to see "Atheist Nightmare" and yet another illogical, irrational post bashing atheists.

My response was not a joke in any way. I stated to take your preaching, which is what you are doing, and go somewhere else with it.

If what I believe is the one truth, then of course I don't want to see anyone suffer the consequences of a truth that can't be changed and that's it . That's all there is to it . Over.

You are saying here you have the one truth and feel compelled to share it. That is preaching.

You did not address my statements on the complete lack of any physical evidence as to God's existence. You have no retort to this fact, there is zero physical evidence demonstrating god's existence.

Lastly the forum is Origins and Creationism (origin stories whether it is by aliens, god, whatever), what does that have to do with atheists being wrong about god such that they face judgment and will be cast out from heaven because of their lack of faith?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
reply to post by muzzleflash

You can't seriously compare the belief in China's existence with the belief in God

Want proof China exists?

1) Live webcams
2) Live news
3) You can call a Chinese dude
4) We have trillions of pictures and videos of China
5) You might have friends in China. One of my best friends just moved to China. If it doesn't exist, where did he go??? OMGOMGOMG conspiracy!! But wait...why did he answer his phone when I called him?? Could he maybe just prank me together with the millions of foreign workers in China? Are they just playing a prank on their friends back home while sitting in some secret complex?
6) How 'bout taking a plane to China if you distrust the other methods?

Want proof of God's existence?

*crickets*

And no, sadly I don't know everything. That doesn't mean I will suddenly start believing in random fairy tales just because "we might be able to prove them in the future" as you put it so nicely

[edit on 3-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

[edit on 3-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

He compared it to the existence of ghosts (afterlife), not God. Did you even read his post before replying? Strawman argument at it's best.

He has a valid point. He's saying that China does exist. It will continue to exist regardless of whether anyone believes it or not. I grew up in Algodones, NM, which I'm fairly certain is a town you've never heard of before. You had no opinion of it's existence prior to me telling you about it. You had no experience with it's location whatsoever until now, which is simply only the name of it. All those years of not knowing about it is the same as not knowing the existence of ghosts, until one day you experience it. Does that mean Algodones didn't and ghosts don't exist? No.

It's the line of reasoning - "I've never seen a ghost, therefore it's not true that they exist" that he's showing to be fallacious. Just because you've never had an experience with one, doesn't automatically mean they don't exist. You've never seen a picture of me for instance. I can post a picture of anyone and you can't prove that's it's actually me/not me. BUT if I do post a picture of me, it's still going to be a picture of me regardless of whether you'd believe it to be me or not. =P

I've also had experiences with the paranormal, so I totally relate to what muzzleflash is saying.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
reply to post by cLOUDDEAD

This also was not directed at me, but I would like to respond!

For the first paragraph you make, I would look back at my previous posts at my opinion on it. I don't think I should repost it again, unless you would like me to.

For your second point..

"I've never seen a ghost, therefore it's not true that they exist"

I agree. This is not a good answer. It should be:

"I have never seen a ghost, therefore I don't believe that they exist."

Not believing in them and saying it's not true they exist are different things. I don't believe in ghosts because I have never seen them. This doesn't mean they don't exist. It just means based on my own experience and lack of evidence, I see no reason to believe in them.

Kind regards

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Hitotsumami]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
Are you people just not into self preservation or what?
I can certainly imagine myself, after death, resting
peacefully in my grave, with nothing to ever come and
bother me. Even after a lifetime of belief in God.

Good on you, we dont believe that so why do you care?

The thing I can't imagine and am glad I will never have to...
Would be if I was suddenly awakened from that eternal sleep,
by the deafing sound of trumpets blaring loud enough to wake the dead.
Then as an Angel is rushing by my comfortable grave, he pauses and pointsthe way to Judgement day.

This after a long life denying God because I was duped by a fad. Atheism.
The fool says," there is no God" then comes death. then judgement.

The thing I find so ironic about Atheism, is that it is also is a part of prophecy.
You literally are predicted as a great falling away.
If it weren't for Atheism the Bible might be in error.
God fortold of the day when arrogant men would scough at
God fearing people.
So what all can you tell me?
Maybe death dosn't exist either?

One thing that can't be argued, we are all intelligent enough that we should have
it sorted out by the time we do sleep. So start off with the truth that everyone knows ( There is only one truth) and check yourself, before you wreck yourself.
Your life is literally in your hands.

Get the message yet? Stop preaching to us, seriously get over it...I have my beliefs, you have your beliefs., ditto

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

You did not address my statements on the complete lack of any physical evidence as to God's existence. You have no retort to this fact, there is zero physical evidence demonstrating god's existence.
reply to post by Bobbox1980

I love this
The Bible is eveidence. Dosn't matter what you say . It remains
and it is indestructable. Over three hundred prophecies fulfilled and counting as we speak. (the gulf) sorry you lose the arguement as for proof.

OZ

Hey Oz tell that to all your atheist partners to then . You have nothing to say about what I post and what iIdon't. So be a Nazi somewhere else before you really get told.K?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Are you referring to the Gulf of Mexico as proof of a prophecy? Jesus Christ I've never seen someone so arrogant as you.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

How interesting! I would like to comment.

The Bible is eveidence. Dosn't matter what you say . It remains
and it is indestructable. Over three hundred prophecies fulfilled and counting as we speak.

My opinion can always be swayed based on evidence for a claim. Could you please provide me with a source, or a website, where I can see the listed prophecies and how they have come true?

A book that has stated 300 things that have come true is very interesting!

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:01 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wow, Sorry Randy but that is not true. You should know Constantine riddled and changed parts of the bible at his will. The real teachings of Jesus charts will never surface to the public.

Argument 1. If you do not believe Jesus is the saviour you automatically go to hell. Even though if you saved the world from catastrophe you still go to hell. A god without sympathy is a god that is not perfect.

What makes the Christianity so perfect? Why not Hinduism, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Shinto, Confucianism or Jainism???

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

A book that has stated 300 things that have come true is very interesting!

Pick it up blow the dust off turn the pages as you read.
I love to. It really is an amazing piece of Ancient literature young person.
It's the Bible.

Maddog

What is that isn't true ? You lost me.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Wow, Sorry Randy but that is not true. You should know Constantine riddled and changed parts of the bible at his will. The real teachings of Jesus Christ will never surface to the public.

Argument 1. If you do not believe Jesus is the saviour you automatically go to hell. Even though if you saved the world from catastrophe you still go to hell. A god without sympathy is a god that is not perfect.

What makes the Christianity so perfect? Why not Hinduism, Judaism, Zoroastrianism, Buddhism, Shinto, Confucianism or Jainism???

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Maddogkull]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Yep really ancient. You nearest church also has a gun where you can put in your mouth then push the trigger.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thanks for the response!

Ah, I mean do you have a list of the prophecies that is outside the bible. It would be much more convenient for me and would make it easier to determine if the claimed prophecies are accurate or not.

Thank you very much!

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:10 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

Ah, I mean do you have a list of the prophecies that is outside the bible. It would be much more convenient for me and would make it easier to determine if the claimed prophecies are accurate or not.

I'm only going to compliment someone as young and intelligent as you seem to be. Both at the same damn time to . You are very lucky you know? What I mean in much more shallow terms is. No I don't, so you will have to use your own tools and you know what you are looking for so, knock yourself out please.

And thank you very much. your participation here. It is appreciated no matter the side of the fence you stand.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Thank you very much for your response! I realize I am young, so there are still many things for me to discover the evidence for and determine on my own.

I was only asking for a website because I was guessing you might know one, since you're more experienced in the subject.

I will search for myself!

Thanks again.

Kind regards

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join