It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 23
36
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Just to clarify something:

It's called Newton's LAW of gravity...and not "theory of gravity". Gravity's a fact, not a theory




posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ
Just to clarify something:

It's called Newton's LAW of gravity...and not "theory of gravity". Gravity's a fact, not a theory


The same with evolution. It's not a theory; It's a fact! Threads like remind me how glad I'm an Atheist!



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel
 


Agreed. It's also hilarious that they call atheism a belief, when the definition of atheism clearly states it's characterized by ABSENCE of belief.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:22 PM
link   
reply to post by MrXYZ
 


Thanks for the info. I'm glad to see an intelligent person in this thread. You're awesome and don't forget it.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:30 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo
 


You must have missed the point youngster.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar
 


You've missed the overall point. But, I couldn't expect for most to understand the underlying message. Those who are supposed to see the statement that is being made, will. Those who do not, will answer very much the way that you did. Again, you're thinking in a two dimensional flat plane that relies heavily upon scientific approval. The point of the post was to get you to look outside of the senses around you. It wasn't to debate about the theories that we have in place. Look into the message instead of trying to pick apart specifics.

Namaste and Love



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
reply to post by hippomchippo
 


You must have missed the point youngster.

What point?
And please don't try to call me a youngster, it's quite demeaning.
Your "point" was that scientific theories apparantly were just as valid as the belief in god or an afterlife, which is not true at all.
Scientific theories have been proven in labs, and have massive amounts of evidence from the brightest minds of our entire species.
There's a huge difference between a scientific theory and belief in an afterlife or god, which has nothing but anecdotal evidence which is essentially worthless in proving something.


[edit on 8-7-2010 by hippomchippo]



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by PsychoX42

There's not really that much evidence for anything...now is there? Isn't that the reason why we call everything that we think that we know, a theory?


As usual, someone has to show their ignornance over the use of the word theory


A scientific theory is the best explanation of observed data and one which, by definition, can be falsified - ie it makes assumptions which can be proven wrong. Often, a scientific theory will be changed or even rejected as new data comes to like. A theory which is not falsified remains a theory for the rest of time.


This statement is an excellent example of one who cannot understand the overall message and finds themselves locked in a box trying to argue over details regarding the current theories and statistical evidence.

You're still in that box. But, I understand, the majority of people are.

Namaste and Love



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42

Originally posted by Essan

Originally posted by PsychoX42

There's not really that much evidence for anything...now is there? Isn't that the reason why we call everything that we think that we know, a theory?


As usual, someone has to show their ignornance over the use of the word theory


A scientific theory is the best explanation of observed data and one which, by definition, can be falsified - ie it makes assumptions which can be proven wrong. Often, a scientific theory will be changed or even rejected as new data comes to like. A theory which is not falsified remains a theory for the rest of time.


This statement is an excellent example of one who cannot understand the overall message and finds themselves locked in a box trying to argue over details regarding the current theories and statistical evidence.

You're still in that box. But, I understand, the majority of people are.

Namaste and Love

You've said that three times now.
Why not tell us what the point is then?
Instead of dancing around the issue?

[edit on 8-7-2010 by hippomchippo]



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42
 


If there is a message in your post that I missed, it has more to do with your diction then my comprehension of it.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull
 


I love how many people are hung up on the theoretical aspect of my post, but, completely missed the real point which has entirely eluded you.

That's the point of my entire post in the first place. You're limiting yourself to a 2 dimensional, flat way of thinking which got you arguing about my view of theories as opposed to the general point of not being confined by it.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why we will constantly be making baby steps as a species. The only thing is, we've done too much damage to this earth to make any more giant leaps.

Maybe you should read my post again, and then you'll understand the statement that totally went over your head.

Namaste and Love



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
reply to post by Titen-Sxull
 


I love how many people are hung up on the theoretical aspect of my post, but, completely missed the real point which has entirely eluded you.

That's the point of my entire post in the first place. You're limiting yourself to a 2 dimensional, flat way of thinking which got you arguing about my view of theories as opposed to the general point of not being confined by it.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why we will constantly be making baby steps as a species. The only thing is, we've done too much damage to this earth to make any more giant leaps.

Maybe you should read my post again, and then you'll understand the statement that totally went over your head.

Namaste and Love

The only part of your post that wasn't trying to demean scientific theories was some garbage psuedoscience about layers and vibrations, which have NO scientific evidence AT ALL.
You claim einstein said that energy is everything, then go on to say that somehow proves vibrational changes at death, it's ridiculous and insulting to any real scientific theory.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by hippomchippo]



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
reply to post by PsychoX42
 


How about a little experiment then?

Walk off the roof of a 40 story building.

If gravity is only a theory, then you should be ok right?

Now if gravity is real, you might fall but then we get to test the next part.

After gravity slams you into the ground, simply tell god you were trying to prove he exists and did not mean to check out so he can send you back.

I am certain we will have strong evidence of either life after death or gravity at the end of that experiment.


That was almost clever. But you know what was even more clever, the fact that I knew someone would make such a shallow reply far before I pressed the "reply" button.

Yet another shallow reader who cannot get past the initial shock to their system that these things are still only "theories."

Try some originality and read the entire post before you reply. You may see a different message in there than just the one that caused you to have a "knee jerk reaction," to something that you disagree with.

However, with such an incredibly dark avatar, I guess that I could only expect you to reply based on ego rather than critical thought.

Namaste and Love



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

The REAL Atheist Nightmare!!!!



"Hello out there, human. I am God. I am the one who is responsible for all of this around you. Impressed? You better be, in fact I demand it.

Annnnnnywho, I just wanted to let you know that I love you. I am like a Father to you but in a more grand way. I am all powerful. I am all knowing. I made everything, control everything - except your free will, but I already know what you are going to do and how that will work out. Just saying. So I love you UNCONDITIONALLY! I really do. I am so perfect in my forgiveness and love that I can do that.

There are a few conditions though. I have a few minor details that I really kind of want you to keep in mind or else I will stop unconditionally loving you and cause you the worst torment imaginable by giving you over to my enemy to have to do whatever he wants with. Build an army? Pfffffffffft!

So what I am going to do is let you guys take a couple hundred years to write up some remotely related versions of the specific rules I am only going to tell some of you. I want you all to put it together and make it long and confusing. Then fill it with translation errors before passing it out so that there is an excuse for all the stuff you get wrong.

Either that...or hell. Get to it, love!"

Your god existing certainly does sound like a nightmare.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42
 


For a person who uses such a salutation as Namaste I am surprised at how venomous your words are. You come to demean and insult with a passive-aggressive back hand. It's not a good look on you.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by hippomchippo

Originally posted by PsychoX42
reply to post by Titen-Sxull
 


I love how many people are hung up on the theoretical aspect of my post, but, completely missed the real point which has entirely eluded you.

That's the point of my entire post in the first place. You're limiting yourself to a 2 dimensional, flat way of thinking which got you arguing about my view of theories as opposed to the general point of not being confined by it.

And this, ladies and gentlemen, is the reason why we will constantly be making baby steps as a species. The only thing is, we've done too much damage to this earth to make any more giant leaps.

Maybe you should read my post again, and then you'll understand the statement that totally went over your head.

Namaste and Love

The only part of your post that wasn't trying to demean scientific theories was some garbage psuedoscience about layers and vibrations, which have NO scientific evidence AT ALL.
You claim einstein said that energy is everything, then go on to say that somehow proves vibrational changes at death, it's ridiculous and insulting to any real scientific theory.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by hippomchippo]


No, the only thing insulting is how you've just demeaned yourself by such an irrational response. The way that one replies shows quite a bit about their character. I need to go no further there.

Science is changing dramatically daily. Sorry but, what we know today, may not be the same tomorrow.

And, I claimed no scientific facts in my reply. Just rational thought and a different perception than that of the mainstream which keeps you enslaved to the speed of its progression.

Namaste and Love

[edit on 8-7-2010 by PsychoX42]

[edit on 8-7-2010 by PsychoX42]



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by PsychoX42
reply to post by Titen-Sxull
 

That's the point of my entire post in the first place. You're limiting yourself to a 2 dimensional, flat way of thinking which got you arguing about my view of theories as opposed to the general point of not being confined by it.


That's called "making things up"



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

Originally posted by PsychoX42
reply to post by Titen-Sxull
 

That's the point of my entire post in the first place. You're limiting yourself to a 2 dimensional, flat way of thinking which got you arguing about my view of theories as opposed to the general point of not being confined by it.


That's called "making things up"


Only to those without imagination.



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by WolfofWar
reply to post by PsychoX42
 


For a person who uses such a salutation as Namaste I am surprised at how venomous your words are. You come to demean and insult with a passive-aggressive back hand. It's not a good look on you.


Venomous only to those who find offense. Love is venomous to hate. Wouldn't ya say?



posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 07:50 PM
link   
reply to post by PsychoX42
 


Heh, if you only go with your imagination, you are IMAGINING things...making them up


Which means you have to call whatever you make up a "hypothesis". Technically, all religions should be called "hypothesis"...but if you call it that, people will call you "intolerant"



new topics

top topics



 
36
<< 20  21  22    24  25  26 >>

log in

join