It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by ACTS 2:38
Rom.16

1. [18] For they that are such serve not our Lord Jesus Christ, but their own belly; and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

Interesting reply! If you do not mind, I'd like to respond to this verse.

and by good words and fair speeches deceive the hearts of the simple.

I am afraid I have to disagree with you. It is not speeches or words that make me think the way I do and believe the things I do, but the evidence behind the speeches and words.

If there is no evidence available for a claim, then I do not understand how someone can believe it and be intellectually honest as well.

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

This was not a response to me, but I would like to make a quick comment!

Sadly I have seen what must have been a 'ghost'.

What am I going to do? Pretend it never happened? Yeah right.

If you have looked over all possible explanations and there doesn't seem to be any other answer but a ghost, then your belief has evidence!

However, the evidence is only for you. A person's personal experience is only proof to the the person, not to anyone else. I believe you are an honest person and would not deceive us with false information, but I was not there to see the event and have no evidence to determine my own interpretation of the event, therefore I am unable to believe if I wish to remain intellectually honest.

Kind regards

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Not another one of Randys bait the Atheists threads

Judgement Day is as real as Santa.

- and quite frankly I'm sick of the christians who take pleasure in thinking every non believer will die and who display such hate filled emotions towards others different than themselves.
Randy is just one of many on this site.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
i love the god debate....so basic...so fundamental right?

question: at the end of the day....isnt it really about what we WANT to believe about the world? I mean....aren't there just literally dozens of things in our lives that we choose to believe something about even if those beliefs are rather baseless and unrealistic? we eat food we 'know' isnt good for us...even though common sense and 'evidence' should suggest rather strongly otherwise. We hang out with ppl that we know arent' good influences on us or have our best interest in mind. We spend money on things that are wasteful for no other reason than it looks good or will give us something to distract ourselves with.

I mean really...human beings are a farking mess. We are the most mixed up confused misdirected and completely absurd species of animal/mammal on the planet. I never saw any other animal in the world totally ruining the very things that makes its existence possible and then try to say its ok because earth doesnt need us anyway and in a few billion more years it wont matter because some other animal will evolve and take our place.

I mean really, the absurdity of things we believe, think, speak and do is beyond comprehension. It doesnt even matter if theres a god or not...because either way we have totally proven ourselves to be our own worst enemies.

I personally think that people find reasons to believe what they want to believe. How often have you met a person who you KNEW was in a totally destructive relationship but had over time convinced themselves that the reason why the person was abusing them was because they didnt cook dinner good enough or some other trifling thing? They find REASONS to excuse the absurdity of staying in a totally destructive and nonsensical relationship.

There are some honest ppl out there that will smoke and say its because they like it....not spout some retarded excuse like 'well my parents smoked, my friends smoked....and i guess it was just fate that now i smoke. I wanna quit...but i just cant seem to do it!"

riiiiight.

ever heard of a thing called the 'will' ? Anyone wanna volunteer an example of the last time they used it to do something that went against what they 'wanted' or were attracted to? You see...that to me is the crux of every issue. Do we do the things we do because we overtly make them happen....as masters of our fate.....or do we float down stream with all the other dead fish? Philosophically speaking, do we truly investigate to the limits of our understanding the reasons why we are here and what it all means? Or do we find some pop culture bullshyt textbook explanation, from the classroom or the church pulpit that somehow relieves us of the duty to fully seek out the answers that for most of us drive us in this life to live the ways we do.

I guess it comes down to alot of how ppl live in the rest of their lives. I can almost guarantee you that you wont find an unemployed, living with the parents, xbox playing, twinkie eating, bump on a log giving at all a shyt of why they are here and what life is all about. This is deep water....and only those who are ready to sink or swim dare test those depths.....the rest of us are content to dip our toes in and feel the frigidity of the subject and go back to our comfortable, dull, and status quo lives.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by PieKeeper

So you read his whole reply. And thats what you came up with ? .....WOW
Whats your response to claims that your fulfilling OUR prophecy ?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Benevolent Heretic

Then, as a believer, you should be thankful that atheists exist. If we all took your advice and found your truth, the bible would be in error. You wouldn't want that, would you?

Heretic Can I ask where you got my words.

Maybe you should be writting this thread.

As always a deep thinker with a great post.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
"You!" Might be interested in this link. I don't who "You!" are. I'm keeping you in mind here. www.atheistnexus.org...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Hitotsumami

Yeah I know, thats the sad fact of life lol.

The only way to know about ghosts is to see it YOURSELF.

This means only I can believe me. No one else ever will.

I just hope everyone else sees a ghost too. That way we can all know about it and discuss things from that point of view one day.

I just find discussions like this thread, as totally ignorant. We are not taking account for the ghosts that are somehow wandering around intelligently.

Once we take that into account, than we can start discussing subjects like this.

Otherwise I immediately get frustrated because everyone is totally ignoring the fact and missing the underlying features of what might actually be going on here at Earth.

I want to know what is really going on at Earth. The answers still elude me.

But at least I know a few small certainties.

Certainty #1) Something truly messed up is going on at Earth and 99% of people are not even aware of that yet...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by lifecitizen

Not another one of Randys bait the Atheists threads

Ohh! I think that's a little unfair. It' not like the come every week.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
LOL, what a troll post

Nobody can prove god exists...or if there's an afterlife. And that's a FACT.

Given that FACT, you can do one of two things. Nothing...and just live a good and happy life. Or you could pick a religion (Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, etc.) and "safeguard" (lol) against the remote possibility that heaven is a bit like a posh members-only nightclub.

Both are fine as long as you don't try to force others to necessarily have the same belief as you...or go overboard by lecturing people about a (possibly wrong!!!) belief on the Internet...or...well...you know, a forum like ATS

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Thank you for the response!

Indeed, your experience is not my proof. I really do hope one day I really do see a ghost! It would be such an amazing experience, I think, and open a lot of questions that should be very fun to investigate and determine how ghosts exist in reality.

But for the moment, many people have not seen evidence of ghosts, and do not believe in them. I believe this is a perfectly fine reason not to believe in them.

Kind regards

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Hitotsumami]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrXYZ

I disagree.

It would be easy to prove there is an afterlife.

All you have to do is catch a ghost. Maybe trap it in a box like in ghost busters.

Then you could show it to all the skeptics.

Look it's only logical that if they exist, they are trappable and physical realities.

The future will rock because one day this will be proven scientifically beyond all shadows of doubt.

And then I will laugh my rear off. Oh it will be a bountiful laughter.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

You can disagree all you want, but you're still wrong

So you don't agree we can't prove God's existence...or the existence of an afterlife. Well then good Sir, please show me the proof if you disagree so strongly

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hitotsumami

But for the moment, many people have not seen evidence of ghosts, and do not believe in them. I believe this is a perfectly fine reason not to believe in them.

Think of it this way maybe; if you lived in a cave your entire life.

But I showed you some pics of clouds, and told you about clouds; would you believe me?

Is it reasonable for the person to not believe in clouds because they personally have never seen it first hand?

Keep in mind, clouds actually exist in reality, and that their denial of them is only to their personal detriment.

Also, should I deny the existence of China? I have never been to China and so of course all the photos could be faked. They could all be of Japan and everyone lied about China. China doesn't exist.

See where I am going ?

So, now, about the reality of ghosts...

link   

link   
Here I am,
doubting your existence, questioning your omnipotence.
To you they plead their case,
to all you refuse to show your face,
in the eyes of the believers, the congregation,
I am condemned to hell, deserved damnation.

Because I choose to think freely,
because I do not listen to the cries of the holy man.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
In a court of law. The Bible would certainly be held as evidence.

Take that .

[edit on 3-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   
I see the hate and fear in your eyes
If only you would take a look and realize the lies that lie behind your eyes.
the holder of the scripture is the breeder of hate.
He fills you with the misinformation, falsification And fabrication.
you take the bait.
The hate spreads lIke a virus.
A neurological disease
I am now a demon to the world.
If only you would take A look and realize the lies that lie behind your faithful eyes.

I love to post poems!!
They make believe in life and think!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
reply to post by MrXYZ

LOL, what a troll post

Given that FACT, you can do one of two things. Nothing...and just live a good and happy life. Or you could pick a religion (Christianity, Buddhism, Hinduism, Islam, etc.) and "safeguard" (lol) against the remote possibility that heaven is a bit like a posh members-only nightclub.

Both are fine as long as you don't try to force others to necessarily have the same belief as you...or go overboard by lecturing people about a (possibly wrong!!!) belief on the Internet...or...well...you know, a forum like ATS

This is just a typical doe se doe post. no star for you.

Amazing comeback, well done

The points I raised are pretty relevant to what you wrote. If you're not even willing to defend your position, that says a lot about the sincerity of your post.

Oh, I forgot: religion doesn't have to defend itself...it's always "correct"

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

What court of law are you referring to everyone? I never seen you in court and you can't back up your claim.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join