It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 19
<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Lets use this child argument for a second. Would a father drown all of his children in a massive flood? Would a father command his own children to stone the other children? What kind of father is a mass murder?

Alright so you obviously know better. So please how about you answer your own questions?? I'm interested to know from a atheistic point of view how you would of done things. This is not an attack on your points I'm interested in your opinion.

1> What would you do to bring a whole planet out of perversion? Lets take this current time where greed is valued above everything and we hear news of 10 years old kids that commit murder and #.... What would you do to fix it?

2> What would you do to punish someone that did something bad enough to deserve to die???

A flood, or stoning someone to death are drastic mesures but who are we to comprehend them??? A couple of hundred years ago people that thought the earth wasn't flat we're laughed at...

Flooding the earth might be mass murder, but what makes you believe that the ones worth it were not given second chances and reincarnated???

All I'm saying is this earth could be simply a "school of life" and just like at school if you deserve it you can get kicked out... and let back in awhile later...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:57 PM
link   
Sorry if I'm taking awhile to answer bare with me I'm at work and doing multiple things at the same time lol

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:01 AM
link   

Gods trying to fix things? Why isn't it working then?
Oh, and the people laughing at others who thought the world wasn't flat were, get this, CHRISTIANS.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by _R4t_

God gave you 10 commandments which goes along the line of how to be a good person... don't steal, don't cheap, don't kill and so on... Does that make you a slave? Or is that the type of life you cherish???

[edit on 7-7-2010 by _R4t_]

I assume you have actually read the bible, I hope. Most Christians haven't, they are just told what is in it. There were a lot more then 10 commandments, many of which were written seemingly with the intent to gain wealth and control. They come from Exodus and then later reiterated in Deuteronomy, as well as others added in Leviticus. Let's look at these lovely commandments which teach you to love one another:

If anyone secretly entices you—even if it is your brother, your father’s son or your mother’s son, or your own son or daughter, or the wife you embrace, or your most intimate friend—saying, ‘Let us go and worship other gods’...you must not yield to or heed any such persons. Show them no pity or compassion and do not shield them. 9But you shall surely kill them; your own hand shall be first against them to execute them...Stone them to death for trying to turn you away from the Lord your God

Remember, atheists are a lack of religion, you good Christians are not allowed to kill those in this thread.

When a woman has a discharge of blood, which is her regular discharge from her body, she shall be in her impurity for seven days, and whoever touches her shall be unclean until evening.

I don't believe my girlfriend would like this one.

If someone has a stubborn and rebellious son who will not obey his father and mother, who does not heed them when they discipline him, then his father and his mother shall take hold of him and bring him out to the elders of his town at the gate of that place. They shall say to the elders of his town, ‘This son of ours is stubborn and rebellious. He will not obey us. He is a glutton and a drunkard.’ Then all the men of the town shall stone him to death.

I'm actually for this one.

You shall not wear clothes made of wool and linen woven together

I guess fruit of the loom is making us all sinners.

Suppose a man marries a woman, but after going in to her, he dislikes her and makes up charges against her, slandering her by saying, ‘I married this woman; but when I lay with her, I did not find evidence of her virginity"... If, however, this charge is true, that evidence of the young woman’s virginity was not found,then they shall bring the young woman out to the entrance of her father’s house and the men of her town shall stone her to death.

Obviously, a just punishment from the same god whom asked us not to kill.

No one whose testicles are crushed or whose penis is cut off shall be admitted to the assembly of the Lord.

Sorry Lance Armstrong, you are going to hell.

The bible is littered with such odd laws, many more of which revolve around payment to the temple. A lot about paying to the temple. A lot. I think it's pretty much everything AFTER the "10 commandments" part of the bible and before the Jesus "love thy neighbor" thing that people detest and feel they could live better without. Because if you follow, by the letter, everything in the bible, you are a radical homicidal killing machine, you know, like Al Queada. (Actually.)

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:22 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
So you are Atheist then? No wait, Agnostics right? Maybe it was Apologistic? Nope little early for that.

Is this a response to me of some kind?

It kind of looks like childish name games?

Is this what Jesus would do?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
No problem my evil one. As long as the coversation stays on topic.

I believe that I did.

As I said very plainly so there could be no confusion. Reply to the
OP and Go from there. You know just your normal everyday way of doing things.

I believe that is exactly what I did.

I don't have a problem with anything that's on topic. If someone wants a serious response, all they have to do is stay on topic. Trools trying to derail. They don't even matter to me .

I noticed you have time to call KJ names and respond to his "off topic" posts and yet my thoughtful response to your OP sits languishing.

How could that be?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Hey K J, I think the entire purpose of this thread was the fact that you intillectually demolished hiim in the debate about the bible, so he had to come here and vent his frustration by attacking atheists.

Typical christian rhetoric.

When will christians like Randy actually follow their "teachings" and love their fellow man despite their differences?

In any case your responses are still funny to follow. Keep it up, he'll learn eventually.

King

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:34 AM
link   

Geez I really wonder, I asked a guy a question and I get 10 others attacking me... I really wonder buddy "why isn't it working?". No wait I'm sure its because there's NO GOD... I mean why would there be??? He's never done anything for me why would believe in him??? Why would I be worried of breaking someone's windshield to steal a pack of cigarettes on the car seat??? after all THERE'S NO GOD right? Why would I be worried to kill someone for his wallet that's likely not to contain more than 200$??? I have nothing to be worried of remember, there's no god I can't go in hell when I die i'll go 6 feet under and i'll rot and it'll all be over and all my worries too!!!! Isn't that great??? And if life gets a bit too harsh on me well I can always jump off a buillding and it's all going to be over... do you know why??? cmon there's NO GOD... Why would I not do anything I want while I'm at it???

Oh, and the people laughing at others who thought the world wasn't flat were, get this, CHRISTIANS.

I KNOW! And there's people every year that are declared dead, comes back to life SOMEHOW sometimes days later... report seeing God, dead relatives, report seeing things in other rooms of the hospital they could of NEVER known or seen because THEY WERE DEAD. Babies that fall of from 2nd floors of buildings and somehow lives...

And guess what... there's still people that believe there isn't a God. And you know how they are called? get this... ATHEIST...

And simply because they are worried to be "slaves" or "confirming" because they are worried about their "individualism" well you have to learn to walk before you run... and you have to learn to follow to be a good leader...

So really I wonder why it isn't working... I really do...

[edit on 8-7-2010 by _R4t_]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

Geez I really wonder, I asked a guy a question and I get 10 others attacking me... I really wonder buddy "why isn't it working?". No wait I'm sure its because there's NO GOD... I mean why would there be??? He's never done anything for me why would believe in him??? Why would I be worried of breaking someone's windshield to steal a pack of cigarettes on the cat seat??? after all THERE'S NO GOD right?

No but there is a person that owned that car and pack of cigarettes. You cannot be humane without the fear of God punishing you for it? I am a Satanist and I do not even have the desire to damage private property and steal, let alone need to be scared away from doing it. That is sad.

Why would I be worried to kill someone for his wallet that's likely not to contain more than 200$??? I have nothing to be worried of remember, there's no god I can't go in hell when I die i'll go 6 feet under and i'll rot and it'll all be over and all my worries to!!!!

So the simple fact that you would be taking an innocent human life for no good reason does not matter to you? The only thing keeping you from being a mass murderer is Hell?

Isn't that great??? And if life gets a bit too harsh on me well I can always jump off a biolding and it's all going to be over... do you know why??? cmon there's NO GOD... Why would I not do anything I want while I'm at it???

Obviously if you tie your reason to live to the belief in an imaginary friend, there is probably not much loss to be had.

Is that common among Christians? You all want to do horrible things to other people but do not simple because your god will get mad?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
The problem with god is size. In older times it was believed that the earth was the centre of the universe but we later learned that this is not so.The universe by itself is so expansive and massive that we do not know where it ends. This is something I always used to wonder as a child.The size of the universe confounds us, baffles us and it is something perhaps that goes
beyond our ken. Mankind looks for logic and GOD is just a way of explaining an enigma that we cannot possibly comprehend.

Take the tip of a lead pencil for example. Although it presents itself as being solid, it is not so. Under an electron microscope you would observe that it consists of minute particles called atoms whose numbers would stretch to infinity.Its another thing that the atoms themselves consist of numerous small particles termed as quarks. I have always found this bizarre but in many ways the structure of an atom is akin to a solar system or even a galaxy.The tip you see is like a universe in itself.

In many ways all things are relative. What is the universe? How many universes are there?what is the nature of this universe?....you see the universe is constantly moving and for all we know the universe may be a pea shell,a golf ball or whatever...the possibilities are endless.

A priest friend explained the first 11 chapters of the genesis as being mythical. It was a story concocted by elders at that time as they needed to explain the origins of mankind as very little was known of things that prevailed before the flood story.So yea the first 11 chapters are pure hogwash and this is something the Vatican ain't gonna tell you openly.

The universe is an enigma which may never ever be solved and presents an endlessly infinite number of possibilities...for that matter even lightning strikes twice...our existence is more fragile than we think. God is perhaps mankind's psychological security to escape the reality of our frail existence.

I am not an atheist, just agnostic and my parents are catholic. However I simply cannot accept anything just because its written without giving thought to it...

Well if you believe in GOD it is a good thing cause it will keep civilization alive and prevent us from turning into the primitive savages that we really are..

[edit on 8-7-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Geez I really wonder, I asked a guy a question and I get 10 others attacking me... I really wonder buddy "why isn't it working?". No wait I'm sure its because there's NO GOD... I mean why would there be??? He's never done anything for me why would believe in him??? Why would I be worried of breaking someone's windshield to steal a pack of cigarettes on the car seat??? after all THERE'S NO GOD right? Why would I be worried to kill someone for his wallet that's likely not to contain more than 200$??? I have nothing to be worried of remember, there's no god I can't go in hell when I die i'll go 6 feet under and i'll rot and it'll all be over and all my worries too!!!! Isn't that great??? And if life gets a bit too harsh on me well I can always jump off a buillding and it's all going to be over... do you know why??? cmon there's NO GOD... Why would I not do anything I want while I'm at it???

I KNOW! And there's people every year that are declared dead, comes back to life SOMEHOW sometimes days later... report seeing God, dead relatives, report seeing things in other rooms of the hospital they could of NEVER known or seen because THEY WERE DEAD. Babies that fall of from 2nd floors of buildings and somehow lives...

And guess what... there's still people that believe there isn't a God. And you know how they are called? get this... ATHEIST...

And simply because they are worried to be "slaves" or "confirming" because they are worried about their "individualism" well you have to learn to walk before you run... and you have to learn to follow to be a good leader...

So really I wonder why it isn't working... I really do...

You seem upset that I'm asking questions, you do know this is an open forum right?
Oh and NDES aren't proof of god, nice try though, I wouldn't trust the information a dying brain would give off, but apparantly you use it to strengthen your belief in a god.

[edit on 8-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by K J Gunderson

Geez I really wonder, I asked a guy a question and I get 10 others attacking me... I really wonder buddy "why isn't it working?". No wait I'm sure its because there's NO GOD... I mean why would there be??? He's never done anything for me why would believe in him??? Why would I be worried of breaking someone's windshield to steal a pack of cigarettes on the cat seat??? after all THERE'S NO GOD right?

No but there is a person that owned that car and pack of cigarettes. You cannot be humane without the fear of God punishing you for it? I am a Satanist and I do not even have the desire to damage private property and steal, let alone need to be scared away from doing it. That is sad.

Why would I be worried to kill someone for his wallet that's likely not to contain more than 200$??? I have nothing to be worried of remember, there's no god I can't go in hell when I die i'll go 6 feet under and i'll rot and it'll all be over and all my worries to!!!!

So the simple fact that you would be taking an innocent human life for no good reason does not matter to you? The only thing keeping you from being a mass murderer is Hell?

Isn't that great??? And if life gets a bit too harsh on me well I can always jump off a biolding and it's all going to be over... do you know why??? cmon there's NO GOD... Why would I not do anything I want while I'm at it???

Obviously if you tie your reason to live to the belief in an imaginary friend, there is probably not much loss to be had.

Is that common among Christians? You all want to do horrible things to other people but do not simple because your god will get mad?

Reading between the lines isn't really something Satan teach is it?

No wait he teach things like

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked

You must not of read that one I think...

Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

Im sure they'll will magically know I have trouble and just ask me out of the blue... how else would they know

When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

Your in a religious thread... respect us or don't come back

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

Can't wait till my mother in law comes back to my place... you know i'll be cruel to her because....

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

I hope ur girlfriend is not Satanic... "the mating signal" being a form of advance your not about to reproduce...

Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

My neighbor bitch about his hot mustang all the time, I can rightfully steal it now YAY!

Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Curse me if you can...

Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

You don't need religion yet your still complaining about it aren't you? master won't be happy will he???

Do not harm little children.

this one's pretty universal...

Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

BUT you can kill humans without any of the above's reasons...

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

So next time that dude at Canadian Tire offers me a canadian tire's credit card and I say no then he offers it a second time I can head to the gun alley, get a shotgun and shot him in the face???

Wow is that what you believe in???? really??? then you bitch about God being a murder??? lol

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:21 AM
link   

Reading between the lines isn't really something Satan teach is it?

No wait he teach things like

Do not give opinions or advice unless you are asked

You must not of read that one I think...

Do not tell your troubles to others unless you are sure they want to hear them.

Im sure they'll will magically know I have trouble and just ask me out of the blue... how else would they know

When in another’s lair, show him respect or else do not go there.

Your in a religious thread... respect us or don't come back

4. If a guest in your lair annoys you, treat him cruelly and without mercy.

Can't wait till my mother in law comes back to my place... you know i'll be cruel to her because....

5. Do not make sexual advances unless you are given the mating signal.

I hope ur girlfriend is not Satanic... "the mating signal" being a form of advance your not about to reproduce...

Do not take that which does not belong to you unless it is a burden to the other person and he cries out to be relieved.

My neighbor bitch about his hot mustang all the time, I can rightfully steal it now YAY!

Acknowledge the power of magic if you have employed it successfully to obtain your desires. If you deny the power of magic after having called upon it with success, you will lose all you have obtained.

Curse me if you can...

Do not complain about anything to which you need not subject yourself.

You don't need religion yet your still complaining about it aren't you? master won't be happy will he???

Do not harm little children.

this one's pretty universal...

Do not kill non-human animals unless you are attacked or for your food.

BUT you can kill humans without any of the above's reasons...

When walking in open territory, bother no one. If someone bothers you, ask him to stop. If he does not stop, destroy him.

So next time that dude at Canadian Tire offers me a canadian tire's credit card and I say no then he offers it a second time I can head to the gun alley, get a shotgun and shot him in the face???

Wow is that what you believe in???? really??? then you bitch about God being a murder??? lol

That is super. You have not shown that you can mock and ridicule. What you failed to do was explain why you need to be afraid of your god in order to not do harm. If you want to attack me or my religion, that is fine.

However, avoiding the questions put to you by attacking me or my religion is indicative of someone who is cornered, scared, and confused.

I asked pretty simple questions and your response it to look up some rules and give your opinion on them.

When was the last time you saved someone's soul with this tactic?

Why are you so afraid to respond to what I actually said?

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
There is no such thing as Good or Evil...it is just a psychological fallacy and depends on what perspective is presented better by the mind.

Being Good or Evil is merely a state of the mind. The very nature of Evil is to be self serving. Nothing can be absolutely Good or Absolutely Evil.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   

You seem upset that I'm asking questions, you do know this is an open forum right?
Oh and NDES aren't proof of god, nice try though, I wouldn't trust the information a dying brain would give off, but apparantly you use it to strengthen your belief in a god.

I'm not upset man lol far from it I'm having a blast
. And as for NDE I had one myself when I was about 6 during an operation. When I woke up I asked the doctor that was keeping an eye on me to make sure I wake up, why earlier they were running around and being agitated because I could see them "run under me while I was flying..."

My mother told me the guy got white like a wall then told my mother what had happen... Apparently my heart stop in mid operation but he didn't want to tell her yet she was already nervous enough like that... He wanted to ensure I was stabilized before...

I've seen him a couple years ago and while I was shopping with my mom and sister and she pointed him to me saying he was the one that operated me when I was a kid.... I went to talk to him a little he was pretty cool and nice then I asked him if he remembered... he did but didn't want to talk about it... he seemed a bit troubled about this experience. On the other hand I'm not at all and I remember it as if it was yesterday its strange...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:42 AM
link   

That is super. You have not shown that you can mock and ridicule. What you failed to do was explain why you need to be afraid of your god in order to not do harm. If you want to attack me or my religion, that is fine.

However, avoiding the questions put to you by attacking me or my religion is indicative of someone who is cornered, scared, and confused.

I asked pretty simple questions and your response it to look up some rules and give your opinion on them.

When was the last time you saved someone's soul with this tactic?

Why are you so afraid to respond to what I actually said?

I'm not afraid to answer anything and I'm not cornered, couldn't you read between the lines??? I've used your tactic against you I read something and made fun of it without trying to understand the meaning behind it...

You've assumed that I/us are refraining from doing something such as killing because we're afraid of hell... just by reading the literal sense of what I said... all I did was give and example of something that can happen, and provided an example of something that could happen if you do it...

This is what I believe in...

There's a God, form of higher power that must of created it all... I doubt it just ALL HAPPENED with a big KABOUM... I made lots of sh!t blow up with black powder and no lifeform ever came out of it...

I'm living my life the way I think is noble and just and I'm not afraid of Hell AT ALL...I do believe alot of things in the bible make sense like the commandments BUT the church "adapted" the bible... and modified it so much that the original message is long lost...

Which doesn't mean the original message was about making you a slave... Jesus himself damned the priests back then and lots of saint like Saint Briget whom had apparitions of Jesus and such said she was told that God was disgusted about the current church and so on...

The day I'm on my deathbed I won't have anything to reproche to myself...

And if I go to hell... well the hell with it... I did my best... if it wasn't enough I'll man up and accept my judgement...

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:46 AM
link   

I'm not upset man lol far from it I'm having a blast
. And as for NDE I had one myself when I was about 6 during an operation. When I woke up I asked the doctor that was keeping an eye on me to make sure I wake up, why earlier they were running around and being agitated because I could see them "run under me while I was flying..."

My mother told me the guy got white like a wall then told my mother what had happen... Apparently my heart stop in mid operation but he didn't want to tell her yet she was already nervous enough like that... He wanted to ensure I was stabilized before...

I've seen him a couple years ago and while I was shopping with my mom and sister and she pointed him to me saying he was the one that operated me when I was a kid.... I went to talk to him a little he was pretty cool and nice then I asked him if he remembered... he did but didn't want to talk about it... he seemed a bit troubled about this experience. On the other hand I'm not at all and I remember it as if it was yesterday its strange...

Uh ok, but that really isn't evidence for god, but evidence of a dying brain.
And sure you're having a blast, I believe that.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by _R4t_

Well I honestly asked you genuine questions pertaining to your post.

You made the case that without god, there was no need to show concern for fellow human beings thus saying atheists have no reason to not do harm.

I asked you specific questions. I was hoping you would actually give it a try. As for my tactic? Please point me to where I did any such thing.

I am really attempting to understand your stance because according to your logic, all the atheists that are currently NOT smashing windows, stealing, and killing are apparently better people because they are choosing to be good without a thought to your god whereas you explained you rely on his threats to keep you in line.

Whenever you are ready to try and have a real conversation, let me know. Until then, stick with Randy doing the Christian thing of making up stuff and mocking people instead of answering questions. It makes Christianity look awesome to atheists I can assure you.

posted on Jul, 8 2010 @ 02:10 AM
link   
It always seems to frighten Christians that non-deists have no reward and punishment system to guide their morality. It frightens me more that it seems that Christians believe that without a reward and punishment system they (and apparently all humanity) would just walk around raping and murdering each-other without recourse.

It shows a frightening detachment with reality and the human condition, and possibly an inner look at the machinations of their motives in life.

top topics

<< 16  17  18    20  21  22 >>

join