It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Good OP Randy... atheism is just arrogant rebellion, it has nothing to do with reason, that's a complete cop out. No reasonable person would ever claim atheism.

Think of all the possible knowledge in the entire universe, each human being, even the most brilliant, will hardly scratch the surface. An atheist is someone who makes the audacious claim that he knows God does not exist, knowing full well that he is ignorant of 99.5% of all possible knowledge. That's so absurd is would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. That's what God is getting at in Psalm 14:1.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bigwhammy
reply to post by randyvs

Good OP Randy... atheism is just arrogant rebellion, it has nothing to do with reason, that's a complete cop out.

What is Atheism rebelling against?

I mean aside from the common understanding of English words by religious types?

No reasonable person would ever claim atheism.

Of course because invisible friends who do magic tricks every couple of thousands of years is way more reasonable than so...not.

Think of all the possible knowledge in the entire universe, each human being, even the most brilliant, will hardly scratch the surface. An atheist is someone who makes the audacious claim that he knows God does not exist, knowing full well that he is ignorant of 99.5% of all possible knowledge.

Think about all the access you have to the definition of Atheism and yet you have the audacity to claim it is something it never claimed to be. You are what is known in common circles as wrong.

That's so absurd is would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. That's what God is getting at in Psalm 14:1.

I see, and obeying a sky daddy you never saw, being afraid of him, and believing nonsense stories about him is not absurd? By all means, use a bible quote to mock logic.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Randyvs, I am puzzled as to what you are trying to accomplish here. I see you are trying to use logic to somehow lead the readers to Christ. Remember that the only reason you believe is by God's grace, not by any use of your own logic. If you are a true believer, be humbled in this. And remember Christ's words - "[a]nd who shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet." (Matthew 10:14) Perhaps its time to start shaking the dust off, my friend.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I will break this into pieces sense I haven't really replied to it as a whole.

Originally posted by randyvs

Are you people just not into self preservation or what?

I am.

I can certainly imagine myself, after death, resting
peacefully in my grave, with nothing to ever come and
bother me. Even after a lifetime of belief in God.

Problem is Atheists (most of them that is) don't believe in that. You can't sense anything when you are dead, you are just dead. You aren't in a coffin "resting" as you seem to think we believe.

The thing I can't imagine and am glad I will never have to...
Would be if I was suddenly awakened from that eternal sleep,
by the deafing sound of trumpets blaring loud enough to wake the dead.
Then as an Angel is rushing by my comfortable grave, he pauses and points
the way to Judgement day.
This after a long life denying God because I was duped by a fad. Atheism.
The fool says," there is no God" then comes death. then judgement.

So you only worship God due to fear. Fear that you will get eternal punishment. You don't say anything about going to heaven just for being a good person, you are just scared of the punishment.

If there was a God, and the afterlife was open due to my choice I make, I would make good choices, whether or not I do go to the "happy place". I would burn forever if I would go there for being a good person.

The thing I find so ironic about Atheism, is that it is also is a part of prophecy.
It is a part of a prophecy to install more fear if you question.

You literally are predicted as a great falling away.
If it weren't for Atheism the Bible might be in error.
God fortold of the day when arrogant men would scough at
God fearing people.
So what all can you tell me?
Maybe death dosn't exist either?

Death exists, and I can prove it.

One thing that can't be argued, we are all intelligent enough that we should have
it sorted out by the time we do sleep. So start off with the truth that everyone knows ( There is only one truth) and check yourself, before you wreck yourself.

Prove that your "one truth" is the only truth, and is the correct truth.

Your life is literally in your hands.

Obviously.

I am not an Atheist. I am an Agnostic, but everything still applies.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

I would love to engage you in a decent open conversation about the OP. Are you willing to do that?

No problem my evil one. As long as the coversation stays on topic.
As I said very plainly so there could be no confusion. Reply to the
OP and Go from there. You know just your normal everyday way of doing things.
I don't have a problem with anything that's on topic. If someone wants a serious response, all they have to do is stay on topic. Trools trying to derail. They don't even matter to me .

Phlynx
Thanks for what looks to be a descent response I still need to go over it .

[edit on 7-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:24 PM
link   
[color=cyan]Honestly, I wish that this site would make it MANDATORY for anyone who chooses to open a thread to FIRST be given a SIMPLE elementry test based on the subject matter of the intended thread to be created. If the OP is unable to pass the SIMPLE elementary test, then the permission to post the thread is DENIED.

If this were the practice here, this thread would SURELY NOT have been allowed to be created.

UNREAL!!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   
reply to post by theophila

Randyvs, I am puzzled as to what you are trying to accomplish here. I see you are trying to use logic to somehow lead the readers to Christ. Remember that the only reason you believe is by God's grace, not by any use of your own logic. If you are a true believer, be humbled in this. And remember Christ's words - "[a]nd who shall not receive you, nor hear your words, when you depart from that house or city, shake off the dust of your feet." (Matthew 10:14) Perhaps its time to start shaking the dust off, my friend.

No No No I'm not even trying to lead anyone to Christ. I am not a leader
so if you are asking if I have myself in perspective. I would have to say yes. There 's a big difference between the use of logic to make a point
and using logic to take a glory. Get out. If seeds grow from anything I sow that's up to the holy spirit. No credit to me .

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Good OP Randy... atheism is just arrogant rebellion, it has nothing to do with reason, that's a complete cop out. No reasonable person would ever claim atheism

I have to agree.
I seem to target the most unreasonable people for some reason.
Challenge I guess. Can't quite call it. Thanks for the words.

None of you seem to understand what is even on topic here .

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 05:54 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Oh, another spewer of fairy tale logic that ends their post in defeat!!

So it finally ends! Perfect, as you have already wasted enough peoples time for crying out loud with this one.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Baloney]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

Good OP Randy... atheism is just arrogant rebellion, it has nothing to do with reason, that's a complete cop out. No reasonable person would ever claim atheism.

Am I the only one who think it's ironic that a believer talks about being "reasonable" and logic?

You believe in fairy tales without any proof, reason, or logic...yet you criticize people who don't believe because of the absence of proof/evidence/logic/reason?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

Are you people just not into self preservation or what?
I can certainly imagine myself, after death, resting
peacefully in my grave, with nothing to ever come and
bother me. Even after a lifetime of belief in God.

The thing I can't imagine and am glad I will never have to...
Would be if I was suddenly awakened from that eternal sleep,
by the deafing sound of trumpets blaring loud enough to wake the dead.
Then as an Angel is rushing by my comfortable grave, he pauses and points
the way to Judgement day.
This after a long life denying God because I was duped by a fad. Atheism.
The fool says," there is no God" then comes death. then judgement.

Atheism is older that Christianity and still doing just fine. How do you define "fad?"

The thing I find so ironic about Atheism, is that it is also is a part of prophecy.
You literally are predicted as a great falling away.

That is not ironic, that is just goofy. Prophecy of something already observed in past and present is an oxymoron really. What is ironic is the belief that observations of things past and present are prophecy because ther are proven true in the past.

If it weren't for Atheism the Bible might be in error.

The bible is rife with error, do you need an example?

God fortold of the day when arrogant men would scough at
God fearing people.
So what all can you tell me?
Maybe death dosn't exist either?

Have you not witnessed death? If not, it is pretty simple. U2U me and I will help you find out how to witness someone die as well as check out some already dead bodies. Can you provide me the same level of confirmation of your god?

One thing that can't be argued, we are all intelligent enough that we should have
it sorted out by the time we do sleep. So start off with the truth that everyone knows ( There is only one truth) and check yourself, before you wreck yourself.
Your life is literally in your hands.

Can you define "Atheism?"

I am not asking for what you seem to think it means either. I want to know if you actually understand the word.

Thanks in advance for demonstrating the glory that is the perfect light and love of Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior by not resorting to distracting off topic rants, bible quotes, personal attacks, or obfuscation by distraction methods of pushing me farther from your one truth and not closer.

Peace my friend.
Jesus saves!

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CodyOutlaw

Originally posted by K J Gunderson
[

Too bad he can never seem to stand up to all the "evil" and "demonic" questions and logical attempts at understanding.

I am sure the point of the OP was to draw opposition out but when he forgets to get a gun, he is just on safari, admiring all us pretty wildlife.

Dude, you just summed up the thread for me perfectly.
I can't add to perfection.

Tee hee. Thanks, I appreciate that.

So, you say you are a Satanist.
Welcome to the randy show. Randy seems to have a way of drawing negative, not positive crowds in with his message. By negative, I do not mean bad but oppositional. I think you just proved my point.

Randy, if you are trying to attract Satanists to your threads, GREAT JOB. You do it without even addressing us! I have to ask though, what is your goal? What are you trying to gain or accomplish with this? If you wanted opposition, why? Are you hoping to convert anyone? Educate anyone? Or just rant online?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   

reply to post by randyvs

Think of all the possible knowledge in the entire universe, each human being, even the most brilliant, will hardly scratch the surface. An atheist is someone who makes the audacious claim that he knows God does not exist, knowing full well that he is ignorant of 99.5% of all possible knowledge. That's so absurd is would be laughable if it wasn't so pathetic. That's what God is getting at in Psalm 14:1.

No, you're the ones making the claim that not only god does exist, but that you know him personally and will obey what he apparently wrote down in a book 2000 years ago even though the universe is over 13 billion years old.
Atheists just say that there is no evidence for god, therefore no reason to believe.
So how about YOU think of all the possible knowledge in the universe, then realize that our primitive human ideas of what God is, are probably wrong, and that if he does exist, he doesn't care about the bible.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
It's really simple. Anyone who has a point of view has a belief. And atheists have a point of view. This makes them believers: They believe God does not exist.

Given any point of view, in this case “God exists”, there are only three possible positions. You can affirm it “God does exist”, you can deny it “God does not exist”, or you can withhold judgment “I don’t know.”

In the God debate, the first is called a theist, the second an atheist, and the third an agnostic. The alleged non-believers in question are neither theistic nor agnostic. Only one logical option remains: They deny God exists, which is why they are called atheists to begin with. An atheist is a person who holds there is not a God. That is an active claim, not a passive non-belief.

The facts are we have proven scientifically this universe came into being and time has a beginning. Nature came into being. And the universe happened to be astronomically intricately fined tuned for organic life to occur. Life came into being. Reason infers that some self existent, timeless, supernatural being got life started.

Walk down the aisle of a large library and observe all the volumes of knowledge in thousands of disciplines - how much of it do you have a command of? How can you be sure God is not in an area of knowledge you have never explored... or perhaps never taken seriously.

Now still you somehow think you have such an exhaustive command of every knowable thing in the entire universe that you can make the positive claim that you know God does not exist.

I can understand an agnostic. Atheism is just disingenuous.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:42 PM
link   

It's really simple. Anyone who has a point of view has a belief. And atheists have a point of view. This makes them believers: They believe God does not exist.

Given any point of view, in this case “God exists”, there are only three possible positions. You can affirm it “God does exist”, you can deny it “God does not exist”, or you can withhold judgment “I don’t know.”

In the God debate, the first is called a theist, the second an atheist, and the third an agnostic. The alleged non-believers in question are neither theistic nor agnostic. Only one logical option remains: They deny God exists, which is why they are called atheists to begin with. An atheist is a person who holds there is not a God. That is an active claim, not a passive non-belief.

The facts are we have proven scientifically this universe came into being and time has a beginning. Nature came into being. And the universe happened to be astronomically intricately fined tuned for organic life to occur. Life came into being. Reason infers that some self existent, timeless, supernatural being got life started.

Walk down the aisle of a large library and observe all the volumes of knowledge in thousands of disciplines - how much of it do you have a command of? How can you be sure God is not in an area of knowledge you have never explored... or perhaps never taken seriously.

Now still you somehow think you have such an exhaustive command of every knowable thing in the entire universe that you can make the positive claim that you know God does not exist.

I can understand an agnostic. Atheism is just disingenuous.

Why believe in something for which we have no evidence?
I don't know, isn't a proper answer, atheists will continue to not believe in God UNTIL there is evidence, at which point they will evaluate said evidence and either believe or not, It's rather rare to find atheists who will concretely say that there is no god and nothing will change their mind, those atheists I find highly ignorant.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by hippomchippo]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Bigwhammy

Saying "I KNOW God doesn't exist" is just as foolish as saying "I KNOW God exists and MY God is the right one". You can't call atheists "disingenuous" and then call belief in God reasonable. I can somehow understand atheists, after all, there is no proof...so saying "given our current knowledge, there is no God" isn't that horrible.

There is NO proof or evidence that there is such a thing as God. Consequently, there's also no proof that he/she/it created the universe.

Science currently assumes there was a beginning to our universe (big bang), but we can't tell what happened in the first few split-seconds or what started the incident.

The only "correct" and honest answer is: WE JUST DON'T KNOW!

I don't know why it's so hard for people to admit they don't know everything. Why are only agnostics logical and reasonable enough to admit it?

Saying anything but "I don't know" is based on a belief and NOT knowledge. You're blindly buying into fairy tales or unproven theories. That seems horribly unreasonable, and kinda sad given we're living in the 21st century and not in the Middle Ages.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by MrXYZ]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Get a dictionary, please.

Atheists do not believe there is no god. That is not what they believe at all.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
reply to post by hippomchippo

There is a whole lot of really compelling evidence if you are willing to let go of all the presuppositions and Dawkins canards to take a an honest look. There's plenty of evidence, LOTS.

CS Lewis was an atheist and a professor at Oxford, do you seriously think he just converted on a whim when there is no evidence?

Anthony Flew was probably the most prolific atheistic philosopher of the 1970s and 1980s. He was a much better thinker and writer than Dawkins. He wrote 100s of books and articles on atheism. He converted and wrote a book to due to the overwhelming evidence for design in biochemistry and cell biology.

From Publishers Weekly:

British philosopher Flew has long been something of an evangelist for atheism, debating theologians and pastors in front of enormous crowds. In 2004, breathless news reports announced that the nonagenarian had changed his mind. This book tells why. Ironically, his arguments about the absurdity of God-talk launched a revival of philosophical theists, some of whom, like Alvin Plantinga and Richard Swinburne, were important in Flew's recent conversion to theism. Breakthroughs in science, especially cosmology, also played a part: if the speed or mass of the electron were off just a little, no life could have evolved on this planet. Perhaps the arrogance of the New Atheists also emboldened him, as Flew taunts them for failing to live up to the greatness of atheists of yore. The book concludes with an appendix by New Testament scholar and Anglican bishop N.T. Wright, arguing for the coherence of Christian belief in the resurrection. Flew praises Wright, though he maintains some distance still from orthodox Christianity. The book will be most avidly embraced by traditional theists seeking argumentative ammunition. It sometimes disappoints: quoting other authorities at length, citing religion-friendly scientists for pages at a time and belaboring side issues, like the claim that Einstein was really a religious believer of sorts.

Dawkins lies when he says there is no evidence, it's just a lie. You are being misled.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
That's enough...

Either on topic, or not at all... The members participating in this thread (or any other for that matter) are not the topic.

Mod Note: Post On Topic – Please Review This Link.

Thanks.

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join