It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
Hello there!

Whats the point discuss matter what nobody knows and no proof.....????Personally i think it is the possibilty that we are just
using our bodys here for some unknown reason....?And if Heaven and
Hell exist so its ok!This is some theory to make people scare.....?And who makes it,where it comes from?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs

I'm sorry, I can not let you forget what the main message of this thread is.
There can be only one truth. That's it. That's really all there is to it.
No matter how you pretend that isn't a big deal. It is a very big deal.
So with only one truth that means everything else is a lie.
The thread really is just a warning and a reminder. Take it or leave it . No big deal. Right!
[edit on 7-7-2010 by randyvs]

That is absolutely correct, there is only one truth. We don't have that truth though. You don't, I don't, nobody that's living has the truth. It's just kinda pointless for you to state your belief as truth, when it's as factual as my beliefs or anybody elses. You are warning people what YOU believe is the truth, based on faith. Don't pass it off like you found a hidden secret locked away and you now know for certainty what's after "this." You will die scared and alone, just like everybody else, and then, the great adventure begins, and all the mystery will unravel. Perhaps there will be a god, perhaps many, perhaps none, perhaps nothing. Who knows, you sure don't.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:11 AM
link   
reply to post by WolfofWar

That is absolutely correct, there is only one truth. We don't have that truth though. You don't, I don't, nobody that's living has the truth. It's just kinda pointless for you to state your belief as truth, when it's as factual as my beliefs or anybody elses. You are warning people what YOU believe is the truth, based on faith. Don't pass it off like you found a hidden secret locked away and you now know for certainty what's after "this." You will die scared and alone, just like everybody else, and then, the great adventure begins, and all the mystery will unravel. Perhaps there will be a god, perhaps many, perhaps none, perhaps nothing. Who knows, you sure don't.

To know God is to know the truth. You see with God, you can't say that I
will die scared and alone like everyone else. You can't even say for sure I will ever die. With God everything is possible. Without him, nothing is.

No matter what anyone says, with the Bible/Christianity you have the possibility of God.
With Atheism you have the possibility of nothing. There is a ton of proof
that God exists in comparison to Atheism. Atheists want proof, yet there is absolutly nothing that even resembles proof for Atheism. In fact the only proof their could ever be for Atheism is if nothing at all existed.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   

A Christian says, " I will die for what I believe".

Unless it's a little social faux pas...such as the Salem which trials, the inquisition or the bringing of "civilization" of smaller, pagan cultures.
But...who remembers such nonsense these days, eh?

The Muslim says," you will die for what I believe".

Is that what you seriously believe?
Again...such an unbelievable display of blatantly disrespectful ignorance.

And I'm noticing that when I did call you out (which I seem to have been right on the money for) you just get all defensive and nasty.
I suggest that...if you're going to run your mouth on the subject of just how spiritually and morally superior you think you are, you should practice what you preach.
I bring up some good points, and your best reply is "blah blah blah"?
Your debate skills are as transparent as that lie of a book you seem to be so fond of.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   

reply to post by WolfofWar

I think it would be better said like this:

A Christian says, " I will die for what I believe".

The Muslim says," you will die for what I believe".

Just curious here.

Whos belief did this man die for?
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eb71ad25fd6a.jpg[/atsimg]
George Tiller

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Again...such an unbelievable display of blatantly disrespectful ignorance.

I don't see many Christian suicide bombers do you?
I'm here for you to judge. You've made your judgement.
Anything else I can help you with just let me know.

Whos belief did this man die for?

I didn't realise he died for any belief.
I thought he was murdered.
Point counter point redundance . Try something else.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   

Nope, they hide behind rifle scopes and run like cowards.

Murder in the name of your god is still reprehensible whether you take yourself out too or not.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:41 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Murder in the name of your god is still reprehensible whether you take yourself out too or not.

What a strong point you make. Murderers come from all walks of life.
Very interesting. I'm shocked to find this out. I will re-examine all that I hold dear. Get a life.

Nope, they hide behind rifle scopes and run like cowards.

What a far reaching and sweeping statement that is. Also completely stupid.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:47 AM
link   

What a strong point you make. Murderers come from all walks of life.
Very interesting. I'm shocked to find this out. I will re-examine all that I hold dear. Get a life.

No no. By all means continue ignoring the long long history of people slaughtered in the name of the Christian god and continue claiming only Muslims would do such a thing. Please do not let facts or reality get in your way.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:50 AM
link   

No no. By all means continue ignoring the long long history of people slaughtered in the name of the Christian god and continue claiming only Muslims would do such a thing. Please do not let facts or reality get in your way.

Well how long do you think rifle scopes have been around friend?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Well how long do you think rifle scopes have been around friend?

That is a real response you took time to type out? For real? Crazy.

Obviously the scope thing was a reference to Tiller's killer but that does not mean The Crusades never happened. I expect a little better from you. Not much though so no pressure.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Tiller was killed by a vigilante acting outside of the system, was this wrong? absolutely. Everyone, even a serial killer, deserves a fair trial and to be innocent until proven guilty.

On the flip side, Tiller was a mass murderer and should have been tried and punished as such. Simply because society accepted his actions doesn't mean they were right. Being shot in the head he likely died relatively painlessly and quickly, the same cannot be said of his victims crushed and torn apart limb from limb in their mothers wombs. Ultimately being murdered is the least of his worries as he will discover come judgement day.

[edit on 7-7-2010 by slane69]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

No, but I see plenty of christians who attack and murder patients and doctors at abortion clinics.
To christians, suicide is a sin...but murdering someone else whom they don't agree with, seems to be just fine.
In fact, many could argue the point that we invaded Iraq to begin with because our leader (at the time) thought it was the "christian" thing to do.
So, if that is the case, then millions of innocent children and civilians have died as a result of the christian ideal.
And that's not going too far back in time to the other such atrocities they've committed in your god's name...this is right now.

I'm here for you to judge. You've made your judgement.

How is me engaging in debate and bringing up valid points judgement?
You are the one who posted on a public forum.
You are the one who is claiming to know more than the rest of us.
You are the one who engages in petty name-calling and waving away anyone who disagrees with you.
You are the one, who...in a most obvious way...stands in judgement of those whose belief systems are different from yours.
The world did just fine long before the advent of the system of brainwashing and fear-mongering that you claim is "truth" and will continue to do so...long after the last of your ilk utters their final breath.

Anything else I can help you with just let me know.

There is...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by slane69

Tiller was killed by a vigilante acting outside of the system, was this wrong? absolutely. Everyone, even a serial killer, deserves a fair trial and to be innocent until proven guilty.

Why give even this much creedence to such a lame reply?
Not to mention way off topic.

Dark

I suggest that...if you're going to run your mouth on the subject of just how spiritually and morally superior you think you are, you should practice what you preach.

Sounds like judgement to me.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by slane69

He is just one example of terrorism in the name of the Christian god. If you want to dismiss him, there are plenty more.

On the flip side, Tiller was a mass murderer and should have been tried and punished as such.

Whatever you want to believe about abortion is for another thread. The point is, if he was a mass murderer, he was not doing it in the name of any god so that fails to make a decent example of justification nor does it do anything to diminish the crime done in the name of Christianity.

Do you think Murder in the name of Jesus is justified if it takes out what you feel is a killer? Do you feel that means that murder in the name of Jesus does not count in society as an act of religious fanaticism? Or are you just stretching as hard as you can because the posters before me that brought up witch trials and inquisitions proved too challenging but abortion seemed like easy prey? Not falling for that trap.

Simply because society accepted his actions doesn't mean they were right.

I do not care if he was a child molester. What he did or was doing does not make shooting him in the head justified by any verse in that bible. The point is killing in the name of Jesus as his killer did.

Being shot in the head he likely died relatively painlessly and quickly, the same cannot be said of his victims crushed and torn apart limb from limb in their mothers wombs. Ultimately being murdered is the least of his worries as he will discover come judgement day.

So he had no family that suffered a loss?

Would you like to write them and explain to them how quick and painless his assassination in the name of Jesus has been for them? See, this man who killed in the name of Jesus did more harm than just stop abortions from continuing. He took it upon himself to take a loved one away from people you do not know and can not judge. So, want an address?

[edit on 7-7-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
So how bout that? There really can be only one truth. Anything to say to that? If not move along. You guys want to defend nutty suicide bombers go make a thread for it.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

So...requesting that you not be a hypocrite is judgement?
I had merely thought that...in the interest of civil debate...that it is a basic rule of understanding as to how debates work.
How foolish of me.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   

So how bout that? There really can be only one truth. any thing to say to that? If not move along. You guys want to defend nutty suicide bombers go make a thread for it.

What the what?!?
Who's defending suicide bombers?
Who in this thread actually stated that it is okay to do that?
If anything, you're the one who equated being Muslim with being a suicide bomber and you absolutely can not deny that.
That is judgement.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   

So how bout that? There really can be only one truth. Anything to say to that? If not move along. You guys want to defend nutty suicide bombers go make a thread for it.

You have an obvious issue that taints all laid out before you. Not once has anyone so far defended a suicide bomber. The simple fact that you think acknowledging Christian sinners AS WELL as Muslim ones is somehow defending the latter is clear evidence that you are not willing to listen or understand anything. Unfortunately, that goes a long way to explain how you came to the beliefs you hold now.

Have you ever tried an honest conversation?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

So...requesting that you not be a hypocrite is judgement?
reply to post by Matthew Dark

Where is this debate you think you're having? You keep mentioning debate.
Debate this.
There is really nothing to debate in this thread you brainiac. You make a statement about the point I make in the OP. That may or may not result in a debate. So far nothing like that has occurred from you. If I wanted to debate the crusades and rifle scopes . Well.

What the what?!?

I take it you've completely lost sight of what this thread is about?

new topics

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join