It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Atheists Nightmare

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by randomname
their constant denials prove that God exists because something in them is constantly driving them to deny Gods existence.

Um... no. That doesn't prove anything. What is driving them to deny the existence of gods is free will and the ability to reach conclusions.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Who decides the qualifications of a Christian anyway?

I would say that Christ would have authority when it comes to that. I can find nothing wrong with his words. He speaks only truth and when I read them I can feel it.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Conclusion
reply to post by Phlynx

I would say that Christ would have authority when it comes to that. I can find nothing wrong with his words. He speaks only truth and when I read them I can feel it.

Can you prove that?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phlynx

reply to post by Phlynx

Can you prove that?

Actually yeah. He was the one that Christianity is named after. CHRISTian.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Phlynx

Can you prove that?

Actually yeah. He was the one that Christianity is named after. CHRISTian.

What I'm saying is can you prove that he speaks the truth?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
gotta leave this thread. it was a good run. but gotta go eat, drink and red, white and blue now.

atheists: about 30-36 maybe
deists: really, just 0

k, bye

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Phlynx

Yes. When he said love one another. Be good to one another. That is the greatest truth I have ever heard. Imagine if everyone did that. What a world of peace it would be.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

atheists spend more time talking about religion and God than the pope does.

i beg to differ on the grounds that you may have been mislead as to what atheists are.

i beg to differ on the grounds that you may have been mislead as to what religions are.

i beg to differ on the grounds that you may have been mislead as to what Gods are.

i beg to differ on the grounds that you may be assuming you know what the pope does.

i beg to differ.

who said the ten commandments?
i learned about compound words in 3rd grade....

Say Ten?
Say + Ten = Sayten = Satan

what are all the accepted definitions of what an atheist is and what an atheist does?

an atheist is not only defined as someone who does not believe in god, but also can be defined as someone who neither recognizes or acknowledges that any superior being above them exists.

so, in high and sight....

First Commandment (i'm para-phrasing Satan here):
"Thou Shalt Have NO GOD but me."

translation?

Whoever said the first commandment is a self proclaimed atheist.

any monontheistic based religion =

Christians believe Jesus was god manifested into man.
Christians are defined as those who want to be like Jesus.
Christians take atheists and turn them into people who want to be like atheists.

sound logical? no? yes? maybe? maybe not? not possible at all?

the popes' foundation is atheism, ask the first commandment. ask the defintion of the words as to what is actually being said, rather than being addicted to the misinterpretions others place upon you.

it is ok to have an original thought.

what do i think?

what need of i for a weapon to wield?
why should i require armor & shield?
sure we are not akin to: unified field?

but who am i?
what do i know,
ET

god is busy.
so are aliens.
or at least we should pretend they are.
or else what will we ever know of our true potentials?

sometimes in peace, sometimes in pieces,
End Transmission,
ET

[edit on 4-7-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:50 PM
link   

reply to post by Phlynx

Yes. When he said love one another. Be good to one another. That is the greatest truth I have ever heard. Imagine if everyone did that. What a world of peace it would be.

Yes, but most Christians do not follow that. Most Christians want to convert, not knowing what they believe.

I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ. -Mohandas Gandhi

If everyone could follow Christ, without worship, and just learn from his philosophies, what a wonderful world it would be.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 06:16 PM
link   
The parts of religion that state; "oh yeah, and if you don't believe what we are telling you, you will burn for eternity" are the parts that give it away. It is a transparantly man made idea, and by low men at that.
You can't seriously believe some omnipitent being would be so crass and pathetic.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

if you don't believe in God how can He protect you. you chose to live life on your own. the people that rape, steal and murder have chosen the same. it's only makes sense that they will be on a collision course.

Many, many people who rape, steal and murder believe in God. Many do it in His name.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Many, many people who rape, steal and murder believe in God. Many do it in His name.

Is that supposed to change something?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I believe he is saying that people kill, rape and pillage regardless of religion, sometimes religion even encourages it. The Bible surely does.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

Stating that all New Yorkers are of a certain "toughness" as fact, is as baseless and ignorant as stating that your bible is fact.
You're calling it as you see it, which is fine.
But, calling it as you see it and then trying to convince everyone else that you have absolute truth, all the while condemning and being condescending to those who disagree with you is in direct opposition to the "truth" you hold so dear.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:19 PM
link   

I believe he is saying that people kill, rape and pillage regardless of religion, sometimes religion even encourages it. The Bible surely does.
reply to post by WolfofWar

Again, is that suppossed to change something?

Mathew dark wooo

Stating that all New Yorkers are of a certain "toughness" as fact, is as baseless and ignorant as stating that your bible is fact.

Nothing sophistocated either. Why can't some people read things right?
I don't even have to go back and look, to know I didn't say ALL New Yorkers. Where do people get these extra words? I could start a thread on that .
Nice attempt at sounding intelligent but you blew it.

Sorry my decision on what the one truth is bothers you but I'm just putting it out there. If it's condescending to your belief in lies.
Can't help it .

[edit on 5-7-2010 by randyvs]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   
"Why do atheists celebrate Christmas and Easter since both of these holidays are to honor Yeshua (Jesus)? Why are most people (including the atheists) going into debt to buy "Christmas" presents? Why not totally ignore this holiday by going to work and carrying on, as usual? Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to join in the festivities when you clearly abhor their very reason for being? The excuses that "everybody else is doing it" or "I have no other choice because my place of employment is closed on Christmas" aren't valid....The fact is, if you in any way partake in the festivities, then you are a hypocrite because you're catering to the Christian belief. Take action at your place of employment and INSIST on your right to work during Christian holidays, because you, by God, are atheist!"

Challenging atheism

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by randyvs
"Why do atheists celebrate Christmas and Easter since both of these holidays are to honor Yeshua (Jesus)? Why are most people (including the atheists) going into debt to buy "Christmas" presents? Why not totally ignore this holiday by going to work and carrying on, as usual? Don't you think it's a bit hypocritical to join in the festivities when you clearly abhor their very reason for being? The excuses that "everybody else is doing it" or "I have no other choice because my place of employment is closed on Christmas" aren't valid....The fact is, if you in any way partake in the festivities, then you are a hypocrite because you're catering to the Christian belief. Take action at your place of employment and INSIST on your right to work during Christian holidays, because you, by God, are atheist!"

Challenging atheism

Actually some people follow Christmas if they are Atheists because it is a time to be with family, and share your love with your family. It is a respect thing.

I could ask you why you are celebrating a very Pagan holiday, but honestly it doesn't matter why you celebrate the holiday, it is a time to give, no matter the religion.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
You, randyvs, are the greatest troll i've ever seen! I salute you! *bows*

[edit on 5/7/10 by Edews]

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

To surrender to ignorance and call it God has always been premature, and it remains premature today.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Actually some people follow Christmas if they are Atheists because it is a time to be with family, and share your love with your family. It is a respect thing.

I could ask you why you are celebrating a very Pagan holiday, but honestly it doesn't matter why you celebrate the holiday, it is a time to give, no matter the religion.

I would venture to bet - - the majority of those who claim to be Christian do not go to church or make a big deal about Jesus on Christmas.

I would venture to bet - - the majority of those who claim to be Christian - - celebrate Christmas as a family/commercial holiday - - with little thought to what it is for.

The majority of Americans were probably assimilated into a god belief - - many Christian. They did not fight to believe in a god - - it was just part of the culture. It really has very little value to many.

At some point I realized I did not CHOOSE to believe in a god. When I realized I had that Choice - - I reviewed Christianity - what it was built on - etc. It dawned on me - - that it was ludicrous and made absolutely no sense what's so ever.

I now consider myself a "Spiritual Humanist" www.spiritualhumanism.org...

I do believe there is and have been advanced beings visiting our world. Some good - some bad. A Jesus or Jesus type would fall into that category.

I still celebrate Christmas "Time" - - as a cultural tradition of family - - and the Pagan original intent of - well basically LIFE. Harvest and fertility - - food and propagation - - - survival of species.

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join