It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Conservatives aren't for small govt, Dems aren't anti-business, libertarians aren't pro-freedom.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by LeftWingLarry
And yet in America today blacks have rights. Gays have rights in some states and will continue to get them, etc.

Whoever took their rights away to begin with?

However they think will work for them.

Right. So my options are go along to get along, keep fighting the futile fight or ignore them and do as I wish until they come to throw me in jail or kill me.

Might makes right. Unless you're already up in rebellion, whether it be armed or peaceful, then I don't think you should spend your time complaining on an internet forum. Your 'right's are there to be taken.

Then again, your government has the legal right (as laid out in The Constitution) to 'extort' (I'm guessing you mean taxes, right?) your property. Who's going to stop them and re-write your own constitution? You?

I'd rather not have to stop them or re-write my own constitution. I'd rather they just ignore me. But apparently the system would collapse without collection of my annual tithing seeing as how I'm one of those high-rolling SOB's riding high on the 20K/year hog.

It's be much easier for them and me if I could just opt out. They have guns to my head forcing me to stay in. Why?

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Lefty Larry. All I can say is take a look at the video on this thread. This isn't a right winger, or a pundit, it's a former KGB operative telling you what is being done and will happen to this nation, twenty years ago. After viewing, if you wish to continue sticking your head in the sand, please do so.www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere

And yet in America today blacks have rights. Gays have rights in some states and will continue to get them, etc.

Whoever took their rights away to begin with?

The government, as dictated by society at the time.

However they think will work for them.

Right. So my options are go along to get along, keep fighting the futile fight or ignore them and do as I wish until they come to throw me in jail or kill me.

Precisely.

Might makes right. Unless you're already up in rebellion, whether it be armed or peaceful, then I don't think you should spend your time complaining on an internet forum. Your 'right's are there to be taken.

Then again, your government has the legal right (as laid out in The Constitution) to 'extort' (I'm guessing you mean taxes, right?) your property. Who's going to stop them and re-write your own constitution? You?

I'd rather not have to stop them or re-write my own constitution. I'd rather they just ignore me. But apparently the system would collapse without collection of my annual tithing seeing as how I'm one of those high-rolling SOB's riding high on the 20K/year hog.

It's be much easier for them and me if I could just opt out. They have guns to my head forcing me to stay in. Why?

Mostly because you benefit from the government in all sorts of ways, directly and indirectly.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by astrogolf
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Lefty Larry. All I can say is take a look at the video on this thread. This isn't a right winger, or a pundit, it's a former KGB operative telling you what is being done and will happen to this nation, twenty years ago. After viewing, if you wish to continue sticking your head in the sand, please do so.www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm not sure what a former KGB operative talking about the four stages of a Communist revolution in America has to do with me, really.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:45 AM
link   

Mostly because you benefit from the government in all sorts of ways, directly and indirectly.

So I'm being held in at gun point for my own good?

Shouldnt I be the judge of what's good for me?

If I am benefiting in such a glorious way why not cut me off and let me opt out for a year or more? According to them and you I'll just come groveling back on my hands and knees, right?

[edit on 30-7-2010 by thisguyrighthere]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
So I'm being held in at gun point for my own good?

Shouldnt I be the judge of what's good for me?

If I am benefiting in such a glorious way why not cut me off and let me opt out for a year or more? According to them and you I'll just come groveling back on my hands and knees, right?

No. Because when they provide and maintain the roads that you travel to work on, regulate building safety standards, food health standards, fund the emergency services, fund education that provides millions of people (maybe even you, or the people who taught you, or the people who employ you) with the means to get more than a basic job, etc, etc, etc, they decided that they want you to pay your share.

I'm not passing a judgement either way, don't let the username fool you. That's just what happens. Your options, as you so aptly described them, are

go along to get along, keep fighting the futile fight or ignore them and do as I wish until they come to throw me in jail or kill me.

[edit on 30-7-2010 by LeftWingLarry]

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by LeftWingLarry

I can say I pay far more than "my fair share."

Private school. Nearly everything I eat or have ever eaten has been homegrown and home slaughtered. I dont drive anywhere. Maybe somewhere down the line a road was used to transport some clothing I purchased.

I'm paying for things I've never used and things I'll never see like social security not to mention paying for things I wholly object to like this imperialist war machine.

None of us born here ever had the choice to not buy into certain things.

Nobody anywhere under any government gets that choice. The best anyone can do is look around for a nation that suits them as closely as possible and emigrate but they are all more identical everyday.

The moment your cord is cut your life, your property, is already locked within defined parameters. Parameters defined by some group of people who will likely never know you or meet you. It's a big house built by somebody else for somebody else and you have to live in it whether you like it or not.

We only go around once so it's not like we can sit back and think next time I'll get the natural life I want. Next time I wont have to waste it share-cropping for some asshole or limit my experiences under threat of imprisonment or death.

We're born in a cell and we die in a cell. None of us are really living our lives.

And folks wonder why self-medication and television are so popular.

Like a fish born in a bowl with a view of the ocean. Swimming in circles wondering what's the point.

posted on Jul, 30 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thisguyrighthere

You already know your options if you disagree with the current system.

I think you hugely underestimate the potential for even one individual to change an entire nation. 'The fight' is hardly futile.

I sincerely hope you enjoy whichever choice you make. Good luck from the UK.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join