It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Polliticians Backflip To Fail Federal Reserve Audit Bill (HR 1207)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Weak-will politicians sellout again.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7573611527ed.gif[/atsimg]

www.victoriaadvocate.com...

A motion to add a provision that would "audit the Fed" to the financial overhaul bill failed Thursday.

U.S. Rep. Ron Paul sponsored the audit the Fed bill previously supported by 320 members of the House. But the audit add-on failed by a vote of 229-198.

"It is foolish to grant more powers to the institutions that caused all the moral hazard and malinvestments that got us into this mess," Paul said on his website. "It is doubly foolish to do so without any meaningful accountability or transparency."

The amendment would give the Government Accountability Office authority to audit the Federal Reserve, which has a long history of independence from congressional audits.

www.ronpaul.com...

Ron Paul’s attempt to audit the Federal Reserve, which was previously co-sponsored by 320 members of the House (HR 1207), failed by a vote of 229-198. All Republicans voted in favor of the measure with 23 Democrats crossing the aisle to vote with Republicans. 114 co-sponsors of HR 1207, all Democrats, jumped ship and voted against Audit the Fed.

The GOP had offered the Fed audit as the minority’s last chance to alter the financial regulation bill. The bill does have an watered-down audit provision in the conference report, but it is limited to loans made by the Fed during the height of the economic crisis. Ron Paul’s bill would have allowed a total examination of the Fed’s books.

How they voted
Democrats, Republicans, HR 1207 Co-Sponsors

YEA

Aderholt
Akin
Alexander
Austria
Bachmann
Bachus
Barrett (SC)
Bartlett
Barton (TX)
Biggert
Bilbray
Bilirakis
Blackburn
Blunt
Boehner
Bonner
Bono Mack
Boozman
Boucher
Boustany
Brady (TX)
Broun (GA)
Brown (SC)
Brown-Waite, Ginny
Buchanan
Burgess
Burton (IN)
Buyer
Calvert
Camp
Campbell
Cantor
Cao
Capito
Carney
Carter
Cassidy
Castle
Chaffetz
Childers
Coble
Coffman (CO)
Cole
Conaway
Crenshaw
Critz
Culberson
Davis (KY)
Dent
Diaz-Balart, L.
Diaz-Balart, M.
Djou
Dreier
Duncan
Edwards (TX)
Ehlers
Emerson
Fallin
Flake
Fleming
Forbes
Fortenberry
Foxx
Franks (AZ)
Frelinghuysen
Gallegly
Garrett (NJ)
Gerlach
Giffords
Gingrey (GA)
Gohmert
Goodlatte
Granger
Graves (GA)
Graves (MO)
Grayson
Griffith
Guthrie
Hall (TX)
Harper
Hastings (WA)
Heller
Hensarling
Herger
Hodes
Hoekstra
Hunter
Inglis
Issa
Jenkins
Johnson (IL)
Johnson, Sam
Jones
Jordan (OH)
King (IA)
King (NY)
Kingston
Kirk
Kirkpatrick (AZ)
Kline (MN)
Kratovil
Lamborn
Lance
Latham
LaTourette
Latta
Lee (NY)
Lewis (CA)
Linder
Lipinski
LoBiondo
Lucas
Luetkemeyer
Lummis
Lungren, Daniel E.
Mack
Manzullo
Marchant
Markey (CO)
McCarthy (CA)
McCaul
McClintock
McCotter
McHenry
McIntyre
McKeon
McMorris Rodgers
McNerney
Mica
Miller (FL)
Miller (MI)
Miller, Gary Minnick
Mitchell
Moran (KS)
Murphy, Tim
Myrick
Neugebauer
Nunes
Nye
Olson
Paul
Paulsen
Pence
Perriello
Petri
Pitts
Platts
Poe (TX)
Posey
Price (GA)
Putnam
Radanovich
Rehberg
Reichert
Roe (TN)
Rogers (AL)
Rogers (KY)
Rogers (MI)
Rohrabacher
Rooney
Ros-Lehtinen
Roskam
Ross
Royce
Ryan (WI)
Scalise
Schmidt
Schock
Sensenbrenner
Sessions
Shadegg
Shimkus
Shuster
Simpson
Skelton
Smith (NE)
Smith (NJ)
Smith (TX)
Space
Stearns
Sullivan
Teague
Terry
Thompson (PA)
Thornberry
Tiahrt
Tiberi
Titus
Turner
Upton
Walden
Westmoreland
Whitfield
Wilson (SC)
Wittman
Wolf
Young (FL)

NAY

Ackerman
Adler (NJ)
Altmire
Andrews
Arcuri
Baca
Baird
Baldwin
Barrow
Bean
Becerra
Berkley
Berman
Berry
Bishop (GA)
Bishop (NY)
Blumenauer
Boccieri
Boren
Boswell
Boyd
Brady (PA)
Braley (IA)
Bright
Brown, Corrine
Butterfield
Capps
Capuano
Cardoza
Carnahan
Carson (IN)
Castor (FL)
Chandler
Chu
Clarke
Clay
Cleaver
Clyburn
Cohen
Connolly (VA)
Conyers
Cooper
Costa
Costello
Courtney
Crowley
Cuellar
Cummings
Dahlkemper
Davis (AL)
Davis (CA)
Davis (IL)
Davis (TN)
DeFazio
DeGette
Delahunt
DeLauro
Deutch
Dicks
Dingell
Doggett
Donnelly (IN)
Doyle
Driehaus
Edwards (MD)
Ellison
Ellsworth
Engel
Eshoo
Etheridge
Farr
Fattah
Filner
Foster
Frank (MA)
Fudge
Garamendi
Gonzalez
Gordon (TN)
Green, Al
Green, Gene
Grijalva
Gutierrez
Hall (NY)
Halvorson
Hare
Harman
Hastings (FL)
Heinrich
Herseth Sandlin
Higgins
Hill
Himes
Hinchey
Hinojosa
Hirono
Holden
Holt
Honda
Hoyer
Inslee
Isra-el
Jackson (IL)
Jackson Lee (TX)
Johnson (GA)
Johnson, E. B.
Kagen
Kanjorski
Kaptur
Kennedy
Kildee
Kilpatrick (MI)
Kilroy
Kind
Kissell
Klein (FL)
Kosmas
Kucinich
Langevin
Larsen (WA)
Larson (CT)
Lee (CA)
Levin
Lewis (GA)
Loebsack
Lofgren, Zoe
Lowey
Luján
Lynch
Maffei
Maloney
Markey (MA)
Marshall
Matheson
Matsui
McCarthy (NY)
McCollum
McDermott
McGovern
McMahon
Meek (FL)
Meeks (NY)
Melancon
Michaud
Miller (NC)
Miller, George
Mollohan
Moore (KS)
Moore (WI)
Moran (VA)
Murphy (CT)
Murphy (NY)
Murphy, Patrick
Nadler (NY)
Napolitano
Neal (MA)
Oberstar
Obey
Olver
Ortiz
Owens
Pallone
Pascrell
Pastor (AZ)
Payne
Perlmutter
Peters
Peterson
Pingree (ME)
Polis (CO)
Pomeroy
Price (NC)
Quigley
Rahall
Rangel
Reyes
Richardson
Rodriguez
Rothman (NJ)
Roybal-Allard
Ruppersberger
Rush
Ryan (OH)
Salazar
Sánchez, Linda T.
Sanchez, Loretta
Sarbanes
Schakowsky
Schauer
Schiff
Schrader
Schwartz
Scott (GA)
Scott (VA)
Serrano
Sestak
Shea-Porter
Sherman
Shuler
Sires
Slaughter
Smith (WA)
Snyder
Speier
Spratt
Stark
Stupak
Sutton
Tanner
Thompson (CA)
Thompson (MS)
Tierney
Tonko
Towns
Tsongas
Van Hollen
Velázquez
Visclosky
Walz
Wasserman Schultz
Waters
Watson
Watt
Waxman
Weiner
Welch
Wilson (OH)
Wu
Yarmuth

Not Voting

Bishop (UT)
Taylor
Wamp
Woolsey
Young (AK)

[edit on 3-7-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Weak shower of bastard backflippers, who would sellout their own grandmothers if there was a buck to be made out of it.[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7573611527ed.gif[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-7-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
My question to those 114 would be, what`s with the change of heart? Did the Fed get to you? Or did your party? It sure wasn`t the people you were thinking of when you voted. This is what makes me believe there is money under the table going on here.

When are these idiots going to understand, you don`t vote for the party, you vote for the people.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   

This is what makes me believe there is money under the table going on here.

When are these idiots going to understand, you don`t vote for the party, you vote for the people.

Ya "think" there's money switching hands? 114 people flip-flopped, so something had to happen and I don't think they got free checking accounts.

And when did they ever vote for the people? At the moment I cannot think of one instance where they voted a law into place that would help the people. They are owned by their corporate buddies and they voted accordingly. I'm surprised two of three from my state of Nevada voted for the bill. Of course the holdout was Berkely who, if you could see the emails I get from her, is a waste of brain cells, so I am unsurprised by her vote.

Please, explain to me again WHY we are not taking these putzes out of office, forcefully? They haven't ever worked for us so why are they there? Why do we let this crap continue?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLoony

Exactly, and to add salt to the wound, they vote themselves pay raises while the people they are suppose to work for, has to go without. Many out of work, lost their homes and no future to look forward to.

Why isn`t there a pay freeze placed on the government? Oh, that`s right, because it`s the government jobs that are growing right now, not jobs for the everyday people. Those government CEO`s need their bucks and other perks don`t they?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:54 PM
link   
A audit on the company that prints our money... THAT'S FRICK-EN CRAZY TALK!!!

An audit is a fair and just evaluation of a organization.. there should be nothing to fear from a audit if there is nothing wrong.. or even small things wrong.. there would not be bad things to come from it..

These bastards audit citizens and companies all the time..

all these bastards have to go! they know whats up and they know that if there was a audit the outcome would be very grim and kill the US dollar.. they know it, and there trying to prevent it.. or delay it. That is treason, these bastards should be jailed in Gitmo and the key thrown away!

I say we audit the Fed and all these crooked politicians also..

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   

It doesn't matter who is in office. Anyone will always be a bit self-serving. They can't help it. It's human nature to want more for yourself. It helps you survive, thrive, and spread your genes.

The good news is that, a lot of the time, what's good for the "fat cats" IS good for the people. What good would it do them if the country collapsed or people started rioting?

I think E-Ville should support the decision. It doesn't sound like anything good would come out of an audit. Do you really want them to "kill the US dollar"?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Mayson]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Mayson

Kill something that is already dead or should be dead? Like E-ville said, if the system is on the up and up, there should be no problem, right? Why would anyone, in their right mind, want to continue a system such as we now have? You like paying taxes and interest, and being under the thumbs of the government and banks?

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mayson

It doesn't matter who is in office. Anyone will always be a bit self-serving. They can't help it. It's human nature to want more for yourself. It helps you survive, thrive, and spread your genes.

And we need self serving people in office? Wow, that`s a comforting thought. Human nature may just get a big shake up if the old thought processes don`t change soon. So it`s better to screw the people over just to have your way? Sorry, not in my book.

The good news is that, a lot of the time, what's good for the "fat cats" IS good for the people. What good would it do them if the country collapsed or people started rioting?

Yea, they get the elevator, and the people get the shaft. That`s just so priceless. What good would it do the people if it doesn`t collapse? You like a greed ridden system?

I think E-Ville should support the decision. It doesn't sound like anything good would come out of an audit. Do you really want them to "kill the US dollar"?

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Mayson]

Maybe E-ville doesn`t like living under the thumbs of the banks and a corporate government.

Nothing good will come of it if we don`t either.

Read my first responce to you above.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
do you not see what would happen?
American can Not let the world know they are bankrupt!
all the gold they have is gold plated tungsten.
they have had no money for years.
only bits of paper.
the rest of the world would stop trading with you.
and wont all there money back.

what did happen with the gold plated tungsten china got from America?

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
In the old days they used to hang traitors. Now they are too stealthy and powerful. It is a capitalist conspiracy that has been growing since the industrial revolution and even as far back as the renaissance.

America is controlled by the same powerful european families that control europe and the rest of the world. Always trace the money supply and its origins. The origin of money is PRIVATE central banks such as the USA FED and the EU ECB. Find out who are the principle shareholders of each and you have enemy insight!

It is almost pointless to audit the FED because the firm conducting the audit will be extremely biased and the results greatly skewed. We don't need to audit the FED, we need to abolish it and allow the treasury department to issue its own currency under the supervision/guidance of congress. Under this scheme the prime rate will be income for the government, rather than income for the banking cartel, which means the government can issue all the currency it needs and it will never have to borrow again. Income taxes will be either greatly reduced or outright abolished!

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
You can't be surprised by this. Remember the old saying about only having voting when you know what the outcome will be? Its called western demorcracy the best money can buy! And when you don't want a vote or a public one you use words like National security.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 04:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by mlmijyd
You can't be surprised by this.

Indeed I am NOT suprised!

Remember the old saying about only having voting when you know what the outcome will be?

No I don't remember it.

Its called western demorcracy

You mean western DEMONAcracy?

the best money can buy! And when you don't want a vote or a public one you use words like National security.

You mean national INsecurity?

Sorry I was BORED and could not resist................................

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
I wrote to my congressman already. I'm really pissed that he voted against the audit the fed bill. It's funny. My congressman is the same congressman that sponsored the DISCLOSE act and I think he co-authored it if I'm not mistaken (Van Hollen). But he votes against this bill? He's a flip-flopper as far as I'm concerned.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Frankidealist35

Good for you man. Did you tell him he was a flip-flopper? I hope so. Those people need to know how we feel about their garbage.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   
reply to post by FiatLux

I did better than that. I told him that I was ashamed that I had a congressman who voted for the bill. I also told him about how the fed has no real right to be independent as the whole idea of secrecy is against our ideals of a representative republic. How are people expected to make decisions if they don't know where the money goes? It doesn't make sense.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 11:59 PM
link   
How much more clear can it get when the congress refuses to audit the banking cartel that issues the currency for the entire nation and people are forced to accept it by law. Everyone of them except Ron Paul should be tarred and feathered and run out of town on a rail! Even the republocrats who voted for the bill gave a collective sigh of relief that it did not pass because they are all culpable in the demise of this country and complicit in the rape and theft of the wealth of this country by the Federal Reserve bankster cartel!

God I wish Americans would find thier missing testicles and put a stop to this!

[edit on 7-7-2010 by hawkiye]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:25 AM
link   
I still haven't found anyone that can point me to which vote actually took place...according to various websites, govtrack.us, opencongress.org, and THOMAS.gov the bill HR 1207 is still in committee.

However, according to Wikipedia, it was amended to HR 3996 which was then itself amended to HR 4173: Restoring American Financial Stability Act of 2010, better known as the Wall Street Reform bill.

So far as I know, the 'audit the fed' portion of the bill has been voted on and passed and will be headed to the presidents desk soon...honestly, I don't know what Ron Paul is talking about and none of you can tell me.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Greetings. First, allow me to appologize for unintentionally reposting information concerning this thread as another thread under the title

Ron Paul’s Audit the Fed Fails 229-198

My thread was closed by an ATS forum moderator and directed relevancy towards this thread.

While I did run a search for the title above, I did not find anything concerning your thread listed... which to me is really odd.

I followed protocol however, and as such my thread is still a legitamate one, so out of a cooperative spirit I post a link in your forum for anyone interested in reading more on this topic to the now closed thread I started, entitled:

Ron Paul’s Audit the Fed Fails 229-198

I will now post a synopsis to this topic as originally defined by me...

Once again, America's Congressmen and Senators prove that they have no concern for the American People, the Constitution of the United States, or for that matter, keeping in line with ethics standards that were prescribed long ago that allowed them to be in the positions that they find themselves in, positions of control and power.

If these individuals refuse to live responsibly under oath, more correctly, their oath to defend the Constitution of the United States, Then the penalties prescribed for breaking such a statute must also apply to them as well.

The process of RECALL should now be a topic of main concern, and one with the potential of correcting this whole mess.

How many here knew, that many of those in the Congress and House of Representatives have DUAL CITIZENSHIPS? from other countries?

What do you think? should individuals who possess citizenships of other countries outside of the U.S. be allowed to be involved in America's littagatory and legislative processes?

This brings new light to the topic at hand. We have Politicians violating thier OATHS to defend the Constitution by enacting legislation that intentionally assaults constitutional Law, and as such, makes these politicians liable for RECALL.

Furthermore, some of these criminals who have been placed into the positions they are in possess DUAL CITIZENSHIPS... They are physically and legitamately documented as being citizens of Countries outside of the jurisdiction of the United States, while also maintaining thier citizenship here.

I call that a Breech in National Security, a Conflict of Interest against the American People, and as such... once again, RECALL is in order!

RECALL RECALL RECALL! We must RECALL the Senate, Congress, and the Executive Branch of Government, headed by Barry Soetello - AKA Barry Dunham and Barrack Obama. America must be shut down artificially, and restructured to comply with it's original Constitutionally governed format.

posted on Jul, 18 2010 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I had to revive this because today I see this: Lies, Damned Lies, and Rupert Murdoch
by Alan Grayson

I did find the one time audit in HR 4173, Title XI, Section 1109:

the Comptroller General of the United States (in this subsection
referred to as the ‘‘Comptroller General’’) shall conduct a onetime
audit of all loans and other financial assistance provided
during the period beginning on December 1, 2007 and ending
on the date of enactment of this Act

The timing of the audit is as follows:

The audit required by this subsection shall
be commenced not later than 30 days after the date of enactment
of this Act, and shall be completed not later than 12
months after that date of enactment.

Further:

REPORT REQUIRED.—The Comptroller General shall
submit a report on the audit conducted under paragraph (1)
to the Congress not later than 12 months after the date of
enactment of this Act

It goes on with further information on additional audits allowed by this bill. I've since discovered that Ron Paul voted against this bill. I would assume that he wants a full audit from the inception to today and probably an audit every year afterwards...or something. This is what he got and he still voted against it.

I still can't find the failed 229-198 vote.

top topics

join