It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Iran unveils Surena 2 - a human-shaped robot

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
I didn't think Iran was tinkering in the realms of robotics but as it seems they do , and the robot does look quiet good if I might say so . Now to the conspiracy part of our forum , if they showed Surena 2 to the public , I wonder how advanced their prototypes are and what else they have hidden in their research labs .

Also I must say that this robot kind of reminds me of the famous Japanese one (forgot the name) , I wonder if they stole the plans or if its just a simple coincidence

Link to the article : gulfnews.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4e82341533d.jpg[/atsimg]

[edit on 3-7-2010 by Thill]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
the one your thinking of i believe is asimo

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

Any relationship? I wonder if there are any Honda parts under Surena's hood?

I'm sure like most advanced Countries, they have more tech the public is unaware of, imo.

Peace

[edit on 3-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Iran
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b4e82341533d.jpg[/atsimg]

Japan

Personally I think the Japanese robot looks more professionally made when comparing simple things such as the presentation of the hands also the hip & shoulder joints.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by acrux]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
Fear these things, people. Once robots have been perfected, the PTB won't need people any more and your days will be numbered.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux
Doesn't mean it may be any better than Iran's bot

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
While the Japanese robot does look better, we have to remember that it was built by Honda, not a college. I'm happy for these Iranian engineers, it looks like they accomplished something very difficult. I'm curious to see a video of it.

--airspoon

[edit on 3-7-2010 by airspoon]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
It does look better than that iran one...

I'd take asimo of the two.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Divinorumus

the powers must be incredibly patient. I bet that thing bumbles around like no ones business, seeing as its difficult for roboticists to replicate human balance or movement.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by ApacheChief]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

True, but that was 2007, and this is now:

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by star in a jar

Doesn't mean it may be any better than Iran's bot

Didn't say the Japanese robot was better, just looks better.

For a laugh I like to see the go toe to toe like in the rockem-sockem robots game.

en.wikipedia.org...'Em_Sock_'Em_Robots

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Thill

I find it amazing and incredible that Iran is advancing even though the Western empire is holding knowledge from them.

IF the West allows everyone to acquire knowledge, and allow knowledge to be a human right for everyone around the world, imagine how fast we could advance to the future.

Iran has to do things from scratch, even their nuclear technology, which the Western empire has blocked them from having.

That is the right of every human being, to acquire knowledge.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by LittleSecret

Agreed, and it seems they did built it from the ground up.

Iranian state television says the Surena 2 robot weighs 99 pounds (45 kilograms) and is 4.76 feet (1.45 meters) tall.

It was developed by more than 20 robotics experts at Tehran University.

arabnews.com...

kind of a trippy picture...

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

A trippy picture... lol, i get you.

And just to re-iterate a point made in your earlier post:

Iranian technological advancement in robotics does not equal, or even imply any advancement in their nuclear program, from power plants to self-destruct bombs (aka nuclear weapons). Middle Eastern countries have a right to develop advanced technologies, despite their perceived "threat" to the "west", whose culture propagates fear and misunderstanding of the middle east. Which is almost certainly more of a threat to peace than anything going on in a Tehranian university.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by DizzyDayDream]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

Great Video. I want one! Is the hot chick for sale too? I want the package deal.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   

How long until the American & Israeli governments try to use this picture as proof of Iran building & training new "robotic terrorist suicide-bombers."

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by acrux

How long until the American & Israeli governments try to use this picture as proof of Iran building & training new "robotic terrorist suicide-bombers."

Touche'!

2nd line

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
Those dang Iranians!

Look what it really means!

S orry

U .S.

R epublican Guard

E xterminates

N orth

A merica

we must BOMB THEM IMMEDIATELY this is an act of WAR!!!

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
While I do congradulate Iran for their achievment in the field in robotics, we could be certain that they have not invested as much time in it as the Japanese. I look at the picture with the President there, and his limbs do not give me the impression it moves as fluidly as Asimo.

But hey, they are doing better than most of the world.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Has no one wondered why the robots name is written in our alphabet instead of their language? If the US built a similar robot they would not use another countries language to name it. This seems like an attempt at very directional propaganda to less villify Iran and it's regime's image that is held by english speaking nations. Gotta love global politics.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join