It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Islam need better public relations?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Yes, I agree that Islam comes in all flavours and have responded to your timely thread. The moderate Muslim needs needs to be heard and it is our responsibility to listen to get a balanced view.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   
I have a few Islamic friends and I get along with them all just fine, because they are moderate. Some of them even eat pork!

What moderate Islam and every other Abrahamic Religon needs to do is actively stomp out any extremist factions. These are the people that spread dangerous thought to the young and disenfranchised, they spread death and evil throughout the world. Until we all join together and remove the fundies, the world will remain on it's path to oblivion.

Each faith should be held responsible for chopping out it's own cancer.

IRM

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
reply to post by LarryLove

Absolutely not , they are doing quite a good job all by their lonesome another 50 yrs and if peoples of the world don't fall for the lie of multicaltural BABEL , Islam will go back to dyeing a slow death from ostracism or finally reforming. But if we do not remain diligent and critical , and defend the very culture that made us dominant and adopt the ways of those we conquered , we will become weak like them too and be userped.

We don't need some stockholme syndrome , muslim apologist misintepreting their "religion of peace" let's hear it from the horse's mouth and look the gift-horse in the mouth to boot. Let's hear about jihads , ghazis and ghazas(raids) , of fatwa and of jizya. By their words and deeds they'll dig their own graves and that will determine how the world reacts to them. Any "extra" PR means they're doing something wrong and trying to cover it up and they should be held to account like any other religion , we demand it , we deserve it.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by De La Valletta]

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   
reply to post by De La Valletta

With respect, that sounds like extremist rhetoric of the ilk that I would condone coming from the few fundamentalist factions of Islam.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by InfaRedMan

Exactly , if Islam had less hate for the infidel apostate and if more silly apologists would wake up and combat the extemism in everything , this world would be a better place. Just as the Roman catholic church with it's pedophilia scandal is being swept under the rug , too many refuse to realise there is an extremist empericist side to islam. Any religion which has in it's prophecies it will conquer the world not through peace but by the sword must be taken for their word and measures taken to defend against. next on that list would be the luciferian illuminati and it's hate for the "useless eaters" who ironicly they can't live without.

There , again , lucifer also from the abrahamic pantheon ; the violence religions and ideologies have cursed mankind with. Instead of bringing us together they divide us , the believers vs the unbelievers. why can't we all just follow the teaching of yeshua and love one another? Star to you

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by MrsBlonde
Islams 'public relations' has made their point as clear as crystal to me

yet, through the mouths and words of non-Muslims?

why not let Islam speak for itself, or at least give it equal air time?

Muhammad the Liberator of Women

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

What about it is extremist? To demand accountability and state that we deserve it? To preserve national , cultural and historical heritage from being userped?

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by De La Valletta

But if we do not remain diligent and critical , and defend the very culture that made us dominant and adopt the ways of those we conquered , we will become weak like them too and be userped.

[edit on 4-7-2010 by De La Valletta]

This part could be viewed as extreme. Weak like them? And dominant? I would like to see a broader more balanced understanding of Islam presented in the media.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I am going to avoid the theological comparison between Islam and Christianity that seems to be going on here and take thing back to the OP. I don’t think Islam itself needs to change is PR, I think we need to be more understanding of the Islamic faith. Why should they have to change because of our ignorance, why should they have to change their “PR” as you put it. What you are really asking is should the public face of Islam be changed. The Islamic faith is more talked about than any other, it gives way to allot of misconceptions.

The Islamic community does not have any one voice leading them like the Catholic Pope. The closest they have is a person called the Caliph, who unfortunately does not exist anymore. Other than they rely on their Ulema, to speak for Islam however that can be difficult, as they may not represent the universally view of the Umma. The lack of a single voice is one of the reasons i think that we sometimes get the impression that they don’t speak out enough or loud enough about violent Islamic extremism. Further to this in many “Islamic States” it is difficult for the Ulema to speak out as many of their clergy sympathise with the extremists.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Who are/were the dominant superpowers for the past century or three? Who owned colonies won through conquest in most of the world? This is not an extremist rant , this is fact. Why is it that people don't like to face truth why is a lie so much more pleasant but truth so painful.

Before the Europeans got their house in order islam through the umayyads , moors , turks , timurids , mughals , barbary , was sweeping across the old world through wars of conquest , taking out coptic egypt , zoroastrian persia , spain and sicily , hindu/bhudhist india and indonesia , christian mesopotamia , north africa and the levant then culminating in their conquest of byzantium , present day turkey and greece in 1453 , the last of the Roman Empire. After that they went on to conquer the balkans to threaten Europe but the austro-hungarian empire with a little help from russia kept them out.Imagine how different the world would be if they had failed

Only reconquests in spain and sicily , the balkans , greece and india freed these countries from islamic rule today , likewise in china , who was conquered by the mongols , many of which had converted to islam in their conquest of the middle east. Many of the above mentioned have large muslim populations , except spain who expelled most jews and muslims in their inquisitions , and sicily as it was too close to the vatican to tolerate a large muslim "minority".

My point , there will be conquered and conquerors , dominant and weak , but in the blink of an eye the weak can become strong and the strong weak , we must be vigilant and not so trusting of the first person who tells us what we want to hear and laughs with us.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join