It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Warning For Irans Striking Capabilities - G. Calloway

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:18 PM
link   
I found an interesting interview/debate about the threat of Iran and using intelligence reports to justify a strike on Iran. Iran has 80 nuclear facilities. The reporter is discouraging any action against Iran, based on intelligence reports, and talks about the potential response of Iran. I thought it was a good conversation and shed's a little light on the reality of the situation.

George Calloway - Warning For Iran's Awesome Striking Capabilities

Some info on Iran's Military capabilities:

PERSONNEL
Total Population: 65,875,224 [2008]
Population Available: 39,851,026 [2008]
Fit for Military Service: 34,344,352 [2008]
Reaching Military Age Annually: 1,494,322 [2008]
Active Military Personnel: 545,000 [2008]
Active Military Reserve: 350,000 [2008]
Active Paramilitary Units: 11,390,000 [2008]

ARMY
Total Land-Based Weapons: 5,449
Tanks: 1,613 [2006]
Armored Personnel Carriers: 640 [2006]
Towed Artillery: 2,010 [2006]
Self-Propelled Guns: 310 [2006]
Multiple Rocket Launch Systems: 876 [2006]
Mortars: 5,000 [2006]
Anti-Tank Guided Weapons: 75 [2006]
Anti-Aircraft Weapons: 1,700 [2006]

AIR FORCE
Total Aircraft: 84 [2006]
Helicopters: 84 [2006]
Serviceable Airports: 331 [2007]

NAVY
Total Navy Ships: 65
Merchant Marine Strength: 92 [2008]
Major Ports and Harbors: 3
Aircraft Carriers: 0 [2008]
Destroyers: 0 [2008]
Submarines: 3 [2006]
Frigates: 3 [2006]
Patrol & Coastal Craft: 140 [2006]
Mine Warfare Craft: 5 [2006]
Amphibious Craft: 13 [2006]

LOGISTICAL
Labor Force: 28,700,000 [2006]
Roadways: 179,388 km
Railways: 8,367 km

FINANCES (USD)
Defense Budget: $6,300,000,000 [2007]
Foreign Exch. & Gold: $69,200,000,000 [2007]
Purchasing Power: $762,900,000,000 [2007]

OIL
Oil Production: 3,956,000 bbl/day [2007]
Oil Consumption: 1,630,000 bbl/day [2006]
Proven Oil Reserves: 136,200,000,000 bbl [2007]

GEOGRAPHIC
Waterways: 850 km
Coastline: 3,180 km
Square Land Area: 1,648,000 km

www.globalfirepower.com...

The Shahab-3 missile is capable of carrying a nuclear warhead. Although Tehran doesn't have one, this has been a source for Western concerns along with Iran's controversial uranium enrichment program, which the international community fears masks ambitions for an atomic bomb.

"Today, our armed forces have so much power that no enemy will harbour evil thoughts about laying its hands on Iranian territory," Ahmadinejad said at the parade marking National Army Day. The speech was broadcast live on state TV, which also showed segments of the parade.

www.breakingnews.ie...

Peace

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   
They are no match for the usa military. they could pose a threat.....but only a minor one.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by proudcaptalist]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:00 PM
link   
Absolutely brilliant. I laughed out loud at the end. He's exactly right - erm...Calloway, not James. James was a bit spoonfed, wasn't he? Like a lot of people out there and around here. They do make for a good laugh though, it has to be said.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
A passonate speaker to say the least. i think he was spot in in everything he said wish he'd be a bit more calm with it. and i'l never lose the image of him crawling around on his hands and knees purring like a cat in celebrity distract the public oops i mean celebrity big brother.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by proudcaptalist

i could be wrong but arnt the U.S and my country currently geting their asses handed to them by goat herders and farmers in a little country called afganistan. if iran's attacked they will pose a threat to my country and yours alike, iran should not be underestimated.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by proudcaptalist
They are no match for the usa military. they could pose a threat.....but only a minor one.

True, I worry however about the actions beyond the field of battle as in attacks inside our countries.

reply to post by CosmicEgg

Originally posted by CosmicEgg
Absolutely brilliant. I laughed out loud at the end. He's exactly right - erm...Calloway, not James. James was a bit spoonfed, wasn't he? Like a lot of people out there and around here. They do make for a good laugh though, it has to be said.

Me too, someone got served a dose of passionate reality.

reply to post by danielhanson420

Originally posted by danielhanson420
A passonate speaker to say the least. i think he was spot in in everything he said wish he'd be a bit more calm with it. and i'l never lose the image of him crawling around on his hands and knees purring like a cat in celebrity distract the public oops i mean celebrity big brother.

Agreed! I think the guy is just fed up with the ignorance and posturing.

iran should not be underestimated.

Hell no, they are a force to reckon with, and who knows what they may have up their sleeve.

Thanks for the replies guys!
Peace

[edit on 3-7-2010 by speculativeoptimist]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You know.

I think this guy is spot on. He's telling some stuff I knew already.
I'd wish there were a little bit more of guys like him.

Maybe they can tak some sense into the world.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by proudcaptalist

[edit on 3-7-2010 by proudcaptalist]

You miss the point. If *anyone* uses their full capacity - any nuclear nation - we are all totally f*cked. How much do you think it takes to destroy the land, and thereby all life on that land? Do you understand? Get out of your History Channel daze and smell the coffee.

The earth is not partitioned. When something happens in one place, it eventually filters to all the rest. This is not a matter of ego here, it's a matter of wisdom. I don't trust the leaders of the US to be wise (yet) though I thank the Cosmos every day that GW isn't in power anymore. That alone proves there is a god.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Thanks for the replies guys and let's hope we don't have to see just how powerful Iran can be when defending itself.

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   

The reason our boys are getting hurt out there is because these goat farmers and such hide behind civilians or disguise themselves as civilians and our boys are not and i repeat NOT aloud to fire if there are civilians are in the way of course and these enemies use this to their advantage. If our boys were aloud to go in there with no restrictions we would lay waste to the whole country but that is not what we want. Its not civil.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   
This clip was taken from Georges old radio show a good few months ago. The guy is a hero. speaks the ultimate truth and for that he was shamed across the UK Tabloids and expelled fromt he Labour party.

He now runs his own party called RESPECT.

Oh, and his last name is Galloway, not Calloway!!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

That's with a "G" right?
My bad...
I had never heard of the guy but I like his attitude and substance. Another voice of truth discredited, shamed and expelled...sounds about right.
Party of RESPECT huh, where do I sign up?

Cheers to Galloway!

Peace

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by speculativeoptimist

www.therespectparty.net...

www.georgegalloway.com...

George is a HERO. This guy deserves a following of millions and I hope he grows and grows.

Here's George at his very best giving a very silly news reporter a dressing down!!

Go GEORGE!!!!

g

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I don't agree with anything the George said. Sounds like he's afraid of his own shadow. And the guy he was interviewing was an idiot.

Just because GWB lied about Iraq doesn't mean the west don't have any intellegace on Irans nuclear facilities.

The host sounds like a fear mongerer that underestamate the west's capabilities in terms of intellegance gathering and war.

I personaly belive that in the inevability of war with Iran they would be crippled within a week. They are surrounded to the east and the west. Which I belive was GWB's plan from the get go. Remember the whole axis of evil speach. Maybe thats why he lied about Iraq in the first place.

Iran has been a state sponsor of terror for a very long time. Anyone rememebr the Beirut bombings of 1983 That killed 220 US Marines? You do know that a Irainian sponsored Hezbollah was behind it right?

Well I don't forget such things. The world better wake up and deal with it now because the cost of dealing with it later will be a lot higher.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by wantsome

sounds like a fear mongerer that underestamate the west's capabilities in terms of intellegance gathering and war

Yeh, like the intelligence was fantastic before we went into Iraq.

Say no more.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:05 AM
link   
I find it amazing how Galloway hasn't been put on trial for treason. People like these should go live in "great" places like Iran and not the "terrible" west.

p.s. I don't mean to insult Iran. It could be a beautiful place to live.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:17 AM
link   
This is what real politics looks like when your not stuck up the bum of every other politican in the party even if George goes OTT he usualy has the argument right just not when it comes to converting the UK in to some type of muslim state which we would not need to do if we stoped bombing the muslims all over the world.

Sounds to me like TPTB want us to think an attack on Iran would be a walk in the park but didn't we try taking them out already by giving sadam WMD and then killing him after he got ride of them all.

Keep poking the bees nest and your going to get stung

reply to post by wantsome

Anyone rememebr the Beirut bombings of 1983 That killed 220 US Marines

I think the jury is still out on that one but not when it comes to 9/11 regardless of those that tell us whos a terrorist organisation and whos not.

Go back and read up on the bombing of the US Liberty back in 1964

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:22 AM
link   
Isn't it lovely to see how twisted the world is? Iran blowing up marines in Lebanon and Israel blowing up a US navy ship. But neither times did the US strike back. Yet, the US did attack several other nations.

P.S. Wasn't Lockerbie really an Iranian attack to retaliate for the US blowing up an Iranian plane? Although then the blame fell on those Libians or something? Anybody know more about this since we're digging up old stories?

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by Exalted321

The reason our boys are getting hurt out there is because these goat farmers and such hide behind civilians or disguise themselves as civilians and our boys are not and i repeat NOT aloud to fire if there are civilians are in the way of course and these enemies use this to their advantage. If our boys were aloud to go in there with no restrictions we would lay waste to the whole country but that is not what we want. Its not civil.

What you seem to be failing to grasp here is that the "enemy" are NOT a mechanised, uniformed army, but made up entirely of the civilian population. Many probably wouldn't have fought to begin with, but have lost so many friends and relatives to indiscriminate fire and Drone missile attacks, they now seek revenge on the invaders.

Why are your "Boys" there in the first place? What is the point of it all, other than trying to secure the original pipeline routes for corporate gain?
The tired old excuses about "fighting them there so we don't have to fight them over here" carry no weight anymore. If we were not there they wouldn't be trying to fight us.

posted on Jul, 5 2010 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by danielhanson420

i could be wrong but arnt the U.S and my country currently geting their asses handed to them by goat herders and farmers in a little country called afganistan. if iran's attacked they will pose a threat to my country and yours alike, iran should not be underestimated.

You really call that having our asses handed to us?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join