It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

If you live in the gulf area, please report any new physical symptoms here

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 11:47 AM
link   
(Mods, if this thread is in the wrong forum, please feel free to move it.)

Hi all,

Well, I've been watching the "news" (if you can call it that) on the oil catastrophe since day 1. It has become painfully obvious to me (and probably to most of us on ATS) that the "major news organizations" (ha!) are not actually reporting the real news down there. They seem to be only reporting the news that has been "approved" by BP and the government. They can't even fly over the Gulf to get new daily pictures, for God's sake.

It seems that the only thing that the MSM is able to report on, is the economic fallout of this disaster, and who to blame. There seems to be a "media blackout" order in effect, about not reporting anything about health symptoms, or contamination of water, or investigating reports about oil rain, etc...

It's pretty clear that any angle of this news story that would cover the health ramifications from the oil disaster is being squashed. If it wasn't being squashed...we'd have reporters asking people in the area if they're having any symptoms related to the oil, and they'd be asking doctors and hospitals in the area if they are treating a larger amount of patients with strange symptoms. (A natural question...and a story angle that gets covered after every major disaster...think about 9/11 for example, and all the health reporting we heard back then.) But we are seeing none of that type of reporting now, are we?

This, to me, screams "media blackout." I guess it's their own version of the "don't ask, dont' tell" policy. If they don't ask us about health problems in the area, we can't tell them.

So, this is what I am proposing. If the MSM is not going to cover this angle of the story (the direct and immediate health consequences of the oil and dispersants in the gulf), we should. If you live in the gulf area, and you, or your family, or your city has noticed any new noticeable, or strange symptoms, could you please post them here?

And for you professional government debunkers who are going to try to "debunk" this thread before it even gets started....go find someone else's sandbox to pee in, please.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by nikiano]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:12 PM
link   
Tallahassee here. 15 miles from Gulf. 150 miles from Panama City Beach. 15 miles from Georgia border.

Everybody I know has a summertime cold that won't go away. in addition, a lot of peoploe are having a shortness of breath problem, andno matter how deep of a breath they take, it isn'[t satisfying. There are a lot of "ghost pains" going around. Shooting pains in the chest and back, swollen lymph nodes in the neck and groin and armpits, muscle cramps. There is also a lot of diarhea going around.

I am a supervisor at my state job, and we have had terrible attendance for the past two weeks.

My wife has been to the ER twice, and her only prescription or diagnosis so far is Stress-related anxiety and they prescribed ativan. (which she isn't taking, of course)

My nephew is at the ER today. He is only 1 and 1/2, but he won't eat. Trouble swallowing, runny nose, slight cough, etc.

Maybe it is a summertime flu. People around here got the Swine Flu about a month before it hit the MSM.

I don't know, and I don't want to leave, but I am from Missouri, that is my safety zone, and it is looking very good right now, but wife says no way until we know something for certain.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:35 PM
link   
S & F

Great idea. I'm surprised no one had started a similar thread yet.

I am not from the Gulf area, so have nothing there to contribute, but I want to make sure we keep this thread alive.

I have read many other posters talk about a 'summer cold'. Hmmmm

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
I live right on the Gulf coast about 60 miles from Tallahassee.

The group I volunteer with was just named the lead agency for the Deepwater Horizon oil spill preparations, response, and recovery.

I will have my eyes and ears open and definitely let you guys know if anything out of the ordinary is happening.

[edit on 3-7-2010 by lucentenigma]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I live 14 miles from the Gulf of Mexico in Alabama.

Three weeks ago fumes filled my home for 3 hours.

By hour 2 our eyes were itchy.

Since then, and three other instances of methane gas etc

I have great diffuculty wearing my contacts [worn for 40 years]
for the first time.

This week I BLEW OUT TWO LENSES one day apart

THEY HAD HOLES IN THE CENTER.

Yes, I am, going to go to the doctor.
As we prepare to evacaute
we can NOT trust our government
to put ANY of our NEEDS first.

God Help Us.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Are you planning an exit route yet? Colds don't usually spread in the summer due to there being more sunlight, hence more Vitamin D in people's systems. I wish the best for you and everyone in that region.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Good thread OP! I think it's clear to all that the media isn't doing its job properly, so we shouldn't rely on them for reports or it could be too late.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
Thanks for all who have posted so far.

I was going to post information about "homeopathic petroleum", and how that remedy might help alleviate some of the symptoms that people are exhibiting in the gulf (that I've heard of so far), but then I realized it was off topic.

If anybody is interested, you can read up on "homeopathic petroleum" here, on your own.

www.abchomeopathy.com...

[edit on 3-7-2010 by nikiano]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Symptoms from workers
on clean up at the beach:

heart palipitations

OILY face-clothe after SHOWER
R E A L L Y

AFTER a shower ------- oily.

They have DECON sites
so
it
is
real
folks.

God Help Us.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
All is fine in Tampa. It's been raining for 3 straight days. No oil rain. My garden plants look better than ever.

When they say Tampa is thee place that is going to have to be evacuated, I can't help but scoff at such non-sense. We're not getting any of the effects of those near ground zero. So then they say 'oh, they'll have to evacuate after they burn the oil'. Nice try, they aren't even burning the slicks near the gusher, but they are burning some of the oil well suckage, no evacuations up there. NO slicks down here, nor will there be slicks down here.

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 02:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by yuefo
Good thread OP! I think it's clear to all that the media isn't doing its job properly, so we shouldn't rely on them for reports or it could be too late.

I think the media is fullfilling it's role as a provider of disinformation quite well.

edit: Great idea for a thread OP! :-)

[edit on 7/3/2010 by this_is_who_we_are]

posted on Jul, 3 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mumbotron
reply to post by getreadyalready

Are you planning an exit route yet? Colds don't usually spread in the summer due to there being more sunlight, hence more Vitamin D in people's systems. I wish the best for you and everyone in that region.

Well, I have my b.o.b. ready, I have a place and even a job waiting in Missouri, I am keeping the vehicles and spare gas cans all full, but for now, we don' have any plans to go. (Wife and her family all from Tallahassee, and not CS, so they will need to see something on MSM or see solid proof from me.)Just prepping for the worst for now.

I work for the State Government, and they have locked down our budget to nothing. Frozen all new positinos, eliminated all temporary positions and stopped all excess spending. (Has been getting tighter and tighter for 2 years, but June is usually our loosest month, and they just locked everything down instantly about 2 weeks ago!

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
For those of you uncertain of what physical symptoms may be presenting themselves as something that may or may not be a result of exposure to toxins, I think this link may be beneficial: www.propublica.org...

Another one that may prove useful: intotheashes.imva.info...

Excerpt: "The key to avoiding long-term harm is to help the body deal with the chemical assault from the very first moments when one notices foul smell, taste or flu-like symptoms.

When exposure to toxins is dramatically increased, as is the case for people in the Gulf area, the body rapidly becomes overwhelmed and the detoxification pathways normally used to excrete toxins cannot keep up with the exposure."

My prayers to all who are directly being impacted by the criminality of this oil disaster.

posted on Jul, 4 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
I talked with a friend who lives in Northern Florida 30 minutes from the West Coast

and she has been very dizzy as though being drunk and so has her best

friend who lives not to far away from her and neither drink. Do not know

if related to the Gulf Of Mexico Oil Syndrome from the Horizon Massive Oil

Rupture or not. ^Y^

new topics

top topics

join